The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
I think she really just likes being a countess, having married 2 earls and 1 count. As long as she is not committing fraud she can pretty much call herself whatever she wants. French titles have no meaning in the UK so being Dowager Countess Spencer has more cachet.
Somehow I doubt being the ex-Mrs Mark Phillips will have the same cachet, perhaps the 3rd Mrs Phillips won't find much cachet in the name either if she adopts it. Still he is not really that old so there is still a chance there could be a 4th (probably in high school now).
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 05-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Still he is not really that old so there is still a chance there could be a 4th (probably in high school now).
4th Candidate for being Mrs. Mark Phillips?

Mabe baby? (young papa 60+) younger than his granddaughters? This woman would probably like to become a mother, and he should take it into account.

Earl Spencer at least marries women close in age to him, and not ones who could be his daughters.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:53 PM
kelly1972's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St. Catharines, Canada
Posts: 247
I'm wondering if that is why Peter left his job with RBS to look after the family estate. That is if the reports are true that his father is moving to the US to be with the new girlfriend. I honestly don't know what a 35 yr old woman can see in a twice married 63 yr old man. He's old enough to be her father. Can't see this relationship lasting. Sorry for all those involved.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Capt Mark Phillips faces calls to quit as US eventing team trainer over affair with fellow coach Lauren Hough - Telegraph

The affair is apparently not going down well with the US Eventing community.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:42 PM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Yes, that's very true and I agree. However, I judge harshly because I've watched too much Judge Judy recently!
You and me both, Jack. Judge Judy takes no prisoners .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 1729 Noneofyourbusiness Drive, United States
Posts: 2,333
I don't watch judge Judy and I despise women who sleep with married men. In the war of the sexes we have been taught to view it as us vs them and women are from Venus while men are from Mars. For a fellow Venusian(just made that up) to do such a thing to her fellow sister pisses me off to no end. The # 1 on my hate List is Tori Spelling. Thats not to say i dont blame the man, i definitely do. Mark has proven to be a low life dog and he continues to act the part.
__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:17 AM
Princess Luna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1972 View Post
I'm wondering if that is why Peter left his job with RBS to look after the family estate. That is if the reports are true that his father is moving to the US to be with the new girlfriend. I honestly don't know what a 35 yr old woman can see in a twice married 63 yr old man. He's old enough to be her father. Can't see this relationship lasting. Sorry for all those involved.
Age dosn`t matter when you fall in love
__________________
~ I'm just coming down to earth. ~ Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, After announcement of her engagement to Prince Charles, February 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:38 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,513
But how long this love lasts when he gets old and be weak and sickly, and she still healthy, strong woman? Will she sacrifice herself to care for an old man?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 05-05-2012, 09:06 AM
kelly1972's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St. Catharines, Canada
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
Age dosn`t matter when you fall in love
That's true but, I guess to each their own what ever makes them happy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 05-05-2012, 09:46 AM
nascarlucy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida Area, United States
Posts: 1,334
Captain Mark Philliips cheated on both of his wives. Not a very good track record. I don't think much of those who are married and cheat on their spouses and I have a very low opinion of women who sleep with a married man. It would be one thing if the woman didn't know he was married (this is rare though) but in this case Lauren Hough knew that he was married.

Did either of them ever think of what this might do to his family? His children? His wife? I imagine Lauren Hough probably didn't think about how it would impact her (usually a woman whose had an affair with a married man is judged more harshly than the man involved). I don't think anyone really thinks about this until after the fact or when it has been found out.

I realize that there are two sides to a story but this is not the way to go.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 05-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,105
Captain Mark Phillips' new lover speaks for first time over affair - Telegraph
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 2,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I don't watch judge Judy and I despise women who sleep with married men. In the war of the sexes we have been taught to view it as us vs them and women are from Venus while men are from Mars. For a fellow Venusian(just made that up) to do such a thing to her fellow sister pisses me off to no end. The # 1 on my hate List is Tori Spelling. Thats not to say i dont blame the man, i definitely do. Mark has proven to be a low life dog and he continues to act the part.

I feel the same.

Really, Anne must have been deluded to marry this man, because I can't imagine she knew what he really was! There are already calls for him to resign from his coaching job. He may not care, he's wealthy enough.

But I firmly believe that what goes around, comes around.
Wait'll his young lover gets sick of taking care of him and dumps him and he's left alone in his old age.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:08 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,365
Lots of finger pointing going on. We have no idea the state of the existing marriage. People in a happy and fulfilling marriage don't, in my opinion, need to wander. MArk Philips is taking all the blame because he has fallen in love with someone else. Hence sympathy for the "abandoned" woman. But we don't know anything about his wife. It's private and I would so prefer that it could have stayed that way. Picking over other people's relationships is pointless.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Wait'll his young lover gets sick of taking care of him and dumps him and he's left alone in his old age.
Thats when the 4th Mrs Phillips steps in. She should be out of high school and maybe even university by then.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:36 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 1729 Noneofyourbusiness Drive, United States
Posts: 2,333
I personally don't give a crap if his marriage was happy and if it wasn't that's why he wandered. If you are unhappy then get a freaking divorce and then fall in love with some chick! But as long as that ring is still on the finger you are still in a freaking contract!
As for this wife #3 getting tired of taking care of him, women are more likely to stay with a man and take care of him when needed as opposed to men who if faced with the situation will bolt.
__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,038
We have no idea what their marriage has been like nor if his wife has been loyal so perhaps blaming him is a bit premature. However, he will not be the US coach for much longer. The US puritanical official view will make it impossible for him to remain with the team. Notwithstanding that many of our official persons have a less than stellar trackrecord as far as marriage fidelity, but that is a whole other story.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:54 PM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,502
I agree about first divorcing and then finding new happiness. Being married for almost 19 years, and basically happy at that, I can imagine some people being bored or wanting excitement, and that is dangerous if u cross the line because, you can go into a very grey area. You can't say each to their own as Long as they are happy (Kelly 1972) because if you crush your wife and kid by being happy, you are not truly happy, it is not true happiness, just lust and illusions
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 05-05-2012, 06:40 PM
kelly1972's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St. Catharines, Canada
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I agree about first divorcing and then finding new happiness. Being married for almost 19 years, and basically happy at that, I can imagine some people being bored or wanting excitement, and that is dangerous if u cross the line because, you can go into a very grey area. You can't say each to their own as Long as they are happy (Kelly 1972) because if you crush your wife and kid by being happy, you are not truly happy, it is not true happiness, just lust and illusions
I should have added my comment with sarcasm. I don't think that it's a funny situation though. His wife and children I'm sure are devestated. I think Lauren Hough and Mark Phillips are the ones that are going to have to live with their actions.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 05-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Grundisburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I personally don't give a crap if his marriage was happy and if it wasn't that's why he wandered. If you are unhappy then get a freaking divorce and then fall in love with some chick! But as long as that ring is still on the finger you are still in a freaking contract!
As for this wife #3 getting tired of taking care of him, women are more likely to stay with a man and take care of him when needed as opposed to men who if faced with the situation will bolt.
I totally agree with this! From what I have observed, some people start affairs and keep their wife/husband "just in case", so......if my lover dumps me I still have my wife/husband.....if my wife/husband finds out I'm having an affair then I've still got my lover to fall back on.
__________________
J
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 05-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I feel the same.

Really, Anne must have been deluded to marry this man, because I can't imagine she knew what he really was! There are already calls for him to resign from his coaching job. He may not care, he's wealthy enough.

But I firmly believe that what goes around, comes around.
Wait'll his young lover gets sick of taking care of him and dumps him and he's left alone in his old age.
Really, the prim and less than good looking Anne was busy writing love letters to her and probably sleeping with her, now, trapped, husband, Tim Laurence. Her brother had a lover, so what does this make this guy. They are all a pack of ......
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
felicity tonkin, gatcombe park, mark phillips, princess anne, princess royal, stephanie phillips


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Anne & Captain Mark Philips 1973 pdas1201 Royal Weddings 77 08-01-2014 09:04 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman palace pom pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:12 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]