Captain Mark Phillips and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't watch judge Judy and I despise women who sleep with married men. In the war of the sexes we have been taught to view it as us vs them and women are from Venus while men are from Mars. For a fellow Venusian(just made that up) to do such a thing to her fellow sister pisses me off to no end. The # 1 on my hate List is Tori Spelling. Thats not to say i dont blame the man, i definitely do. Mark has proven to be a low life dog and he continues to act the part.

I feel the same.

Really, Anne must have been deluded to marry this man, because I can't imagine she knew what he really was! There are already calls for him to resign from his coaching job. He may not care, he's wealthy enough.

But I firmly believe that what goes around, comes around.
Wait'll his young lover gets sick of taking care of him and dumps him and he's left alone in his old age.

Lots of finger pointing going on. We have no idea the state of the existing marriage. People in a happy and fulfilling marriage don't, in my opinion, need to wander. MArk Philips is taking all the blame because he has fallen in love with someone else. Hence sympathy for the "abandoned" woman. But we don't know anything about his wife. It's private and I would so prefer that it could have stayed that way. Picking over other people's relationships is pointless.

Wait'll his young lover gets sick of taking care of him and dumps him and he's left alone in his old age.

Thats when the 4th Mrs Phillips steps in. She should be out of high school and maybe even university by then.

I personally don't give a crap if his marriage was happy and if it wasn't that's why he wandered. If you are unhappy then get a freaking divorce and then fall in love with some chick! But as long as that ring is still on the finger you are still in a freaking contract!
As for this wife #3 getting tired of taking care of him, women are more likely to stay with a man and take care of him when needed as opposed to men who if faced with the situation will bolt.

We have no idea what their marriage has been like nor if his wife has been loyal so perhaps blaming him is a bit premature. However, he will not be the US coach for much longer. The US puritanical official view will make it impossible for him to remain with the team. Notwithstanding that many of our official persons have a less than stellar trackrecord as far as marriage fidelity, but that is a whole other story.

I agree about first divorcing and then finding new happiness. Being married for almost 19 years, and basically happy at that, I can imagine some people being bored or wanting excitement, and that is dangerous if u cross the line because, you can go into a very grey area. You can't say each to their own as Long as they are happy (Kelly 1972) because if you crush your wife and kid by being happy, you are not truly happy, it is not true happiness, just lust and illusions

I agree about first divorcing and then finding new happiness. Being married for almost 19 years, and basically happy at that, I can imagine some people being bored or wanting excitement, and that is dangerous if u cross the line because, you can go into a very grey area. You can't say each to their own as Long as they are happy (Kelly 1972) because if you crush your wife and kid by being happy, you are not truly happy, it is not true happiness, just lust and illusions

I should have added my comment with sarcasm. I don't think that it's a funny situation though. His wife and children I'm sure are devestated. I think Lauren Hough and Mark Phillips are the ones that are going to have to live with their actions.:bang:

I personally don't give a crap if his marriage was happy and if it wasn't that's why he wandered. If you are unhappy then get a freaking divorce and then fall in love with some chick! But as long as that ring is still on the finger you are still in a freaking contract!
As for this wife #3 getting tired of taking care of him, women are more likely to stay with a man and take care of him when needed as opposed to men who if faced with the situation will bolt.

I totally agree with this! From what I have observed, some people start affairs and keep their wife/husband "just in case", so......if my lover dumps me I still have my wife/husband.....if my wife/husband finds out I'm having an affair then I've still got my lover to fall back on.

I feel the same.

Really, Anne must have been deluded to marry this man, because I can't imagine she knew what he really was! There are already calls for him to resign from his coaching job. He may not care, he's wealthy enough.

But I firmly believe that what goes around, comes around.

Really, the prim and less than good looking Anne was busy writing love letters to her and probably sleeping with her, now, trapped, husband, Tim Laurence. Her brother had a lover, so what does this make this guy. They are all a pack of ......

While it's true that we don't know the whole story, it's rather tacky the way this whole thing has been handled. If he had been divorced for a while, then it would be a different story.

Mark has a long track record of cheating on his wife it shouldn't have been a huge surprise for his second wife. Mark spends several months a year in the States and has for awhile I gather his wife wasn't with him. He is already in Florida looking for a home with her don't know if it will last or not sometimes it's more fun and less real sneaking around together. At least he admits to his daughter with his second wife! Karma will come around it isn't a great way to start of a relationship.

Really, the prim and less than good looking Anne was busy writing love letters to her and probably sleeping with her, now, trapped, husband, Tim Laurence. Her brother had a lover, so what does this make this guy. They are all a pack of ......

What does that make this guy? Pretty normal. Millions and millions of people have extramarital affairs. Sometime it leads to divorce, sometimes it doesn't. In a perfect world where humans always acted rationally it wouldn't happen, but it's not a perfect world and every human being has their flaws and weaknesses. Relatively open marriages are pretty common in the upper classes of society, not only in the UK but in other countries too (Juan Carlos and Carl Gustaf anyone?).

Oh, and why use the term 'less than good looking'? Why do you feel the need to bash Anne's looks to make your point?

As usually you are absolutely correct.

Zara's father Captain Mark Phillips facing calls to resign from US eventing team over his affair with Olympic rider 30 years his junior | Mail Online

The worst part is that the other woman decided to tell her side of the story. It would have been much better not to complicate the already dirty situation.

Last edited:
Some people just don't care if their spouses are faithful. I'm guessing his new young woman wants the mild cachet of having been married to him; a teensy step up the society ladder for her.

Or is she somebody already?

The new girlfriend is 35. Zara was born in 1981. Ergo, Zara's about four years younger than her father's girlfriend. That must feel really strange. :S

Some people just don't care if their spouses are faithful. I'm guessing his new young woman wants the mild cachet of having been married to him; a teensy step up the society ladder for her.

Or is she somebody already?

Or maybe they just love each other?? Sometimes it is really very simple.

I wonder if he's trying to set a record for being married to the highest number of former Olympians :)

He's got to be getting close now...

What does that make this guy? Pretty normal. Millions and millions of people have extramarital affairs. Sometime it leads to divorce, sometimes it doesn't. In a perfect world where humans always acted rationally it wouldn't happen, but it's not a perfect world and every human being has their flaws and weaknesses. Relatively open marriages are pretty common in the upper classes of society, not only in the UK but in other countries too (Juan Carlos and Carl Gustaf anyone?).

Oh, and why use the term 'less than good looking'? Why do you feel the need to bash Anne's looks to make your point?

You are right. It is not fair, nor correct. I, think, it was another poster that said Anne"must have been deluded to marry this man". She was not much better.

There's no fool like an old fool!

Last edited:
There's no fool like an old fool!
Ha you'd so right, and princess Anne was also, when she refused to give him an earldom, even on the expense of her own children's titles... Imagine there would be a few countess of whatever...:p

auntie said:
Ha you'd so right, and princess Anne was also, when she refused to give him an earldom, even on the expense of her own children's titles... Imagine there would be a few countess of whatever...:p

Anne didn't refuse to give mark a title. He was offered and turned it down so their children could have a quiet life.

I do remember reading in a biography of the queen that Anne refused a title saying that her children would be so far down the line that it wouldn't serve any purpose. Lord Snowdown's was given a title based on his relationship to Princess Margaret and that his children, grandchildren of George VI, would not be titleless yet he did remarry, good for him and his next set of children are titled due to this.

Angus Ogilvy also reportedly turned down the chance to receive an earldom, and that was the model Anne & Mark followed.

The new girlfriend is 35. Zara was born in 1981. Ergo, Zara's about four years younger than her father's girlfriend. That must feel really strange. :S

To put it more bluntly Mark is definitely old enough to be her father as he has a son who is 35 this year (Peter).

Back
Top Bottom