The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa
Does anyone know if Princess Anne is still in contact with her first husband?
I think that he lives on Gatcombe Farm in his own home there.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, specially when they're both on Zara's competitions.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Aristocracy

Mark Phillips lives at Aston Farm on the Gatcombe Park Estate with his wife Sandy and daughter Stephanie. He and Anne are on good terms and see each other on the estate and at horse events.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1972
Mark Phillips lives at Aston Farm on the Gatcombe Park Estate with his wife Sandy and daughter Stephanie. He and Anne are on good terms and see each other on the estate and at horse events.
I've never seen a picture of his wife and daughter. Do Zara and Peter treat their half-sister like a sister or does anyone know if they treat her indifferently?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Surely he must live there only part time if he is the Coach for the US 3 day event team?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
Surely he must live there only part time if he is the Coach for the US 3 day event team?
I thought he resided there fulltime as he was to be allowed full access to his children when they were younger, according to what I read as the Queen's wishes. He is also Zara's coach.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I have seen photos of Zara riding with her sister (her sister was little enough to be riding on a pony), but it would probably be hard to assess their relationship from afar. I mean, there's no real reason for the photographers to be chasing the youngster.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
I have seen photos of Zara riding with her sister (her sister was little enough to be riding on a pony), but it would probably be hard to assess their relationship from afar. I mean, there's no real reason for the photographers to be chasing the youngster.

About how old is this little tyke?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
I thought I read at one time that the US team trained in England with Mark Phillips. Mind you that was maybe 5 yrs ago or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
About how old is this little tyke?
I think Stephanie was born in October of 1997, so she will be 10 this year. As for the relationship that Zara has with her sister, I would think that it wouldn't be different that her relationship with her brother. Even though there's a huge age difference Stephanie must look up to her big sister. I have also seen pics of her playing and riding with her little sister.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:41 PM

did peter and zara ever meet their half sister?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
Does anyone know what's up with Bunny Tonkin, Mark Phillips' illegitimate daughter (born 1984)?
i remember reading about his illegtiament daughter in royal bios during his break up with princess anne. i saw something on tv about it also,and when the story first came out the little girl and her mom were living poorly and mark phillips was denying he was the dad. i wondered if he ever acknoeledged her and help support his daughter,and did peter and zara ever meet their sister?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Check the post directly above yours, and you'll find your answer.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1972 View Post
I thought I read at one time that the US team trained in England with Mark Phillips. Mind you that was maybe 5 yrs ago or so.

I think Stephanie was born in October of 1997, so she will be 10 this year. As for the relationship that Zara has with her sister, I would think that it wouldn't be different that her relationship with her brother. Even though there's a huge age difference Stephanie must look up to her big sister. I have also seen pics of her playing and riding with her little sister.
I think Zara sees Stephanie a good bit because Sandy and Mark are so involved with her training. Stephanie and Sandy watched Zara compete at Burghley last week. There are pics in Zara's current events thread.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness

Zara's father criticized

"A failed jump by one of the world’s finest riders and a spate of deaths have unnerved the equestrian community... A target of criticism is the former husband of England’s Princess Anne, Mark Phillips who is coach of the United States Olympic eventing team and designs many competition courses, including the one at the Red Hills Horse Trials, where Mr. Chiacchia’s fall occurred.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Commoner

will Peter Phillips have "Bunny" at his wedding do you think?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaratop View Post
will Peter Phillips have "Bunny" at his wedding do you think?
Highly doubt it.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Zara's father criticized

"A failed jump by one of the world’s finest riders and a spate of deaths have unnerved the equestrian community... A target of criticism is the former husband of England’s Princess Anne, Mark Phillips who is coach of the United States Olympic eventing team and designs many competition courses, including the one at the Red Hills Horse Trials, where Mr. Chiacchia’s fall occurred.
In the US, there is a lot of pressure being applied now to make the Xcountry phase safer by making the jumps 'break away' and fall down if a horse hits it, like we have in show jumping. Right now, it's basically telephone poles hard wired into place. Zero margin for error.

As far as the 1/2 sisters being invited to the wedding, regardless of the circumstances of the conception they are still siblings. Surely they will get an invitation? As someone else posted, Princess Anne was having her own affair with her protection officer at the time. He basically came out and admitted it a few years later. He also said that he was the very first person called by Anne after the birth of her very blonde daughter, not her husband. Hmmmmm.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
He also said that he was the very first person called by Anne after the birth of her very blonde daughter, not her husband. Hmmmmm.
That's because she didn't have to call him, he was there.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
He also said that he was the very first person called by Anne after the birth of her very blonde daughter, not her husband. Hmmmmm.
Please, not the next doubt about paternity in the BRF... Well, in this case it doesn't matter too much, as Anne was the mother so her daughter is the queen's grandchild, no matter who's the father.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh no, I quoted this from a book that was about 10 years old. I bought a large lot of older royal books on Ebay ...it was called the Women of Windsor.The book starts with Queen Mary and continues until the death of Diana. So this is not new. I can dig it out and quote it, if that helps. And the specific quote was from Mr Cross, the protection officer in question.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Please, not the next doubt about paternity in the BRF... Well, in this case it doesn't matter too much, as Anne was the mother so her daughter is the queen's grandchild, no matter who's the father.
It's a very OLD rumor, older than the rumor about Hewitt and Harry.

Tags
felicity tonkin, gatcombe park, mark phillips, princess anne, princess royal, stephanie phillips