Baby for Zara and Mike

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to the family! They will be doting parents. Something tells me they will have a boy)))

Odd how while I have no idea the gender of Baby C, I think this one is a girl.

The betting is on! @victoriaarbiter reports that Elizabeth and Phillip are top bets. Sorry, I can't get the twitter embed to work for this one.

Last edited:
What wonderful news - another baby!!! Congratulations to a lovely couple!!

I can't see them calling the child Elizabeth or Philip, but they may be middle names. I think they will go with something trendy like Peter and Autumn's children. The rest of the family had to choose "traditional" names really. I reckon if Sophie hadn't married a Prince, they would have just called James, Theo.

I can't see them calling the child Elizabeth or Philip, but they may be middle names. I think they will go with something trendy like Peter and Autumn's children. The rest of the family had to choose "traditional" names really. I reckon if Sophie hadn't married a Prince, they would have just called James, Theo.

Philip is Mike's fathers name so I think it is v possible. Then there is Prince Philip and the Phillips surname - its a surfeit of Phillips so why not one more?

Congratulations to them and hoping for a safe and easy pregnancy.

Philip is Mike's fathers name so I think it is v possible. Then there is Prince Philip and the Phillips surname - its a surfeit of Phillips so why not one more?

Didn't know it was Mike's father's name, nice touch. I just don't see it as a first name, but perhaps a middle name.

How great; congratulations to the couple, Princess Anne and Mark's parents. PA must be tickled pink that her daughter is expecting.

Last edited:
I would think that William and Kate has dibs on Elizabeth and Phillip as first names. Isla has Elizabeth as a middle name. Mike and Zara will have a wider variety of baby name choices than the Cambridges.

Interesting factoid: Prince Charles is the one that came up with Zara (Greek meaning bright as the dawn)

Although I do think that if W&K do not use Philip as a first name with this child and the Tindall's have a boy - it is a very strong possibility it will be used by M&Z - it just hits on so many family cylinders. And if W&K do have a son and name him Philip, then I could still see Z&M using Philip as a middle name. I think for a girl, Z&M will go a little off the beaten path (ala Savannah, Isla) with a traditional family middle name(s).

on a related topic... (and I'm sure eventually a new thread) cant you see Zara in Kate's Dalmatian coat..... to me that is so much more Zara than Kate. Maybe Zara would borrow for her Christmas coat.

Interesting factoid: Prince Charles is the one that came up with Zara (Greek meaning bright as the dawn)

And the Hebrew meaning is Princess. Quite appropriate for the granddaughter of a Queen.

Will be interesting to see how she dresses while pregnant, her style is or has been pretty different from Kate's.

LaRae

Congratulations to Zara, Michael, Princess Anne and Mark Phillips & the Mike's Family.

Can't wait to see Princess Anne's reaction when people give her Teddy Bears for Zara.

I hope for another granddaughter for PA. Maybe Autumn will have another child. Maybe a boy.

Another Princess Anne even if is just a name and not her title.

Which is perfectly fine. I rode through my seventh month. I had to tell people I was pregnant because she didnt pop until I stood down from riding. One of my best friends won the big Grand Prix at Dublin in her 5th month. She said the baby was kicking for home the whole jump off!

During Baby Cambridge christening, Zara will be heavily pregnant by then, I'm really excited to see her progress during this months until the actual birth.

Congrats to Zara and Michael!

Which is perfectly fine. I rode through my seventh month. I had to tell people I was pregnant because she didnt pop until I stood down from riding. One of my best friends won the big Grand Prix at Dublin in her 5th month. She said the baby was kicking for home the whole jump off!

I agree with you that it is perfectly OK for a healthy woman to continue to ride well into her pregnancy. I am sure her doctors have advised her on this. I was shocked to read on another board the shaming that is going on against Zara. Posters were actually saying she was being irresponsible and that by continuing to ride she was showing that she was not happy about being pregnant and was hoping for a miscarriage. One male poster said if she were his wife he would forbid her to get on a horse!

Did I read this correctly:

"Zara Phillips, an Olympic silver medallist in eventing, is expected to keep riding until closer to her due date next year. Her mother Princess Anne rode right up until six weeks before the birth of her daughter."

Wow, I didn't know Princess Anne continued to ride up until 6 weeks before Zara's birth.

god luck trying to keep these gals out of the saddle for any length of time...this kid's is going to ride before it walks!

I know a pregnant woman who rode horse (and not a nice little walk) the last day before she gave birth to a healthy baby.
Pregnancy is not a sickness when everything goes fine.

Zara could get into a car accident or fall down the stairs, or do any number of things over the next few months that would potentially be as harmful to the pregnancy as falling from a horse. And, for an experienced rider like she is, the odds of a car accident or a fall down the stairs are probably much greater.

I'm sure at some point people will start to suggest pregnant women not be allowed in cars or in multi level houses.

Yeah even years and years ago doctors said if it was something you already did prior to pregnancy it was ok to continue doing it while pregnant. Just not the time to take up a new higher risk sport etc.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom