Anne, Princess Royal: Old News and Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She looked so stunning in that photo with her hair down! Why she continues wearing that severe updo is beyond me.

She looked so stunning in that photo with her hair down! Why she continues wearing that severe updo is beyond me.
I would venture that it is a no-nonsense 'do like our no-nonsense Princess Royale.

Her hair looks different today, too. More frizzy, don't you think? It also looks dyed. Be that as it may, the portrait from 2003 is simply wonderful!

Anne's portraits always bring some fresh regal air to our plain and ugly era I'd advise her not to fear to show her feminine and sexy side She's a gorgeous woman and if she wants to she can look 10 years younger

Anne's portraits always bring some fresh regal air to our plain and ugly era I'd advise her not to fear to show her feminine and sexy side She's a gorgeous woman and if she wants to she can look 10 years younger

Please can I add some background information?

Being a bit older than some forum members, I can remember back to the early 1970's when Princess Anne was at the start of her 20's and [although on occcasions she did not always photograph well - and don't forget that was before the digital enhancement techniques of today were available, which is why many people look quite good in contemporary photos] she was regarded as almost a beauty; there weren't so many paps about as today, but I can remember the papers carried photos of her taken outside Annabel's [exclusive nightspot] with her hair long and loose and the general consensus was she was pretty good looking. With her slim figure, she also looked very good in her riding clothes.

I also remember the best man at her wedding being interviewed and describing the stag party [- after going out on the town, Mark Phillips and his party returned to the Buckingham House swimming pool to continue the jollifications] and the best man then went on to describe how Princess Anne suddenly appeared 'looking absolutely delicious'.

People occasionally say that Princess Anne has no time for fashion; I do remember on one occasion when she even put red streaks [as in red, not ginger!] in her hair; the overall effect was perhaps not totally successful, but IMHO it was the act of someone who presumably cared a bit about fashion....

I remember wanting to wear my hair up (in the days I had hair) just like Anne. Poor BRF...can't win anywhere. Anne should wear her hair down, Kate up and on it goes. I think Anne feels way more comfortable in her own skin than most. I still think it is elegant, learned that from her Mum I think...

grammas26 said:
I remember wanting to wear my hair up (in the days I had hair) just like Anne. Poor BRF...can't win anywhere. Anne should wear her hair down, Kate up and on it goes. I think Anne feels way more comfortable in her own skin than most. I still think it is elegant, learned that from her Mum I think...

I agree, Anne should wear her hair down more often. She has it down in the first of the 6 pictures of the previous post. I love that picture! Not sure if I like the headband though...

I think Princess Anne don't wear her hair down anymore is because she may think it wouldn't look good today for her age.

Here's a really nice picture of Anne that's on the front cover of a book about her that I got at the library. It was published in 1987, when she was 37. Just look at the sparkle in her eyes! It's kind of hard to see in this picture, though. She's such a good girl, isn't she? Such a pretty girl!

attachment.php

Last edited:
Somehow people seem to forget that Anne could look very lovely in the early 70ies, like in this photo. Caroline of Monaco and Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg were the two royal beauties then, but when Anne wanted to she could very well rival them: Anything Royal / Princess Anne, 1970s, very pretty picture.

Everyone who says Princess Anne wasn't/isn't pretty, they are wrong! Just watch this interview of her, you'll see what I mean. She's 35 here, but doesn't look it. She's such a sweetheart!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTXu-7s9ts0&feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkccxA3gXYM&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji90dGMq04A&feature=relmfu

Everyone who says Princess Anne wasn't/isn't pretty, they are wrong! Just watch this interview of her, you'll see what I mean. She's 35 here, but doesn't look it. She's such a sweetheart!

Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed it. She certainly has a quick wit.

sarahedwards2 said:
She's such a good girl, isn't she? Such a pretty girl!

Yea I have to agree with Lumutqueen- that sounds more like a description of Lady Louise than it does the Princess Royal.

Although I did get a laugh trying to imagine Princess Anne's expression if she'd were to read that description!

Deep down, I'm sure PA is still a girl at heart especially around her grandchildren!

Those are adorable photos; thanks for posting. There's such a resemblance to Louise in the second one. Strong family traits.

Back
Top Bottom