Anne, Princess Royal: Old News and Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To answer your previous question, it's difficult to describe, she is more refined in real life and has a lovely smile which the media often doesn't pick up on

Indeed, her smile is very lovely! In this picture you can see it. She's been a real beauty.
ANP Beeldbank

There is heaps of Princess Alexandria in the early Zara equestrian side-on photos.

Although Princess Anne doesn't like being a "fairy princess", she certainly had the look captured at the time of her engagement.:flowers:

I apologize if these pictures had been posted earlier: I wasn’t able to find them from a quick overview of this thread, although I might have missed something.

Anne and Mark – engagement 1
Anne and Mark – engagement 2
Anne on the cover of Vogue

Anne doesn’t look half beautiful! She was a stunning beauty in her youth, in my opinion. :)

I wonder whether that's the interview where she said that she'd liked to have been a lorry/truck driver because it would give a person lots of time to be alone. I think that, quite possible, our Princess Royal is an introvert at heart.:)

Here's a nice pic of Anne during an interview in
October 1983. She looks very relaxed and happy:

--------> Pic

Great shot of Anne. You're right, lumutqueen - Zara definitely takes a lot after her mother. :flowers:

A reminder that copyrighted images cannot be posted directly to the Forums.
To ensure that TRF does not receive a breach of copyright lawsuit such photos have been and will be removed.

Warren
TRF Administrator

Abduction

I remember the news of the attempted abduction of Princess Anne in Aug 1974.... a recent reconstruction of the events
on TV reminded me of just how lethal it was.
The man actually shot 4 people on that terrible night
and Princess Anne was staring down the barrel of a gun.
It must have been frightening for all concerned.
go here
BBC - h2g2 - The Attempted Abduction of Princess Anne

"Abduction"? What's that supposed to mean? Are you talking about UFO and this stuff? lol

Abduction is another word for kidnapping, but Princess Anne was never actually abducted it was a kidnap attempt by a very mad man.

Princess Anne literally looked death in the face on that terrible
night, her detectives did a sterling job in protecting her.
I have the utmost respect for the Princess Royal... she is a wonderful lady.... forget Charles , I' d love to see Anne enthroned
as our next Queen .

He wanted to kidnap her not kill her. Yes he fired shots, but he never actually aimed them at Princess Anne.
Just because someone tried to kidnap her wouldn't make her any more of a better Queen than Charles will be as King.

wake up, he shot 4 people on that night... Princes Anne was in mortal danger !

I am awake thank you, yeah he shot four people, he never shot Princess Anne, he could have easily done that. But he didn't, like I said he wanted to kidnap her not kill her, he even asked for ransom money before he had her. Yeah she was in danger because he was shooting other people, but not at her.

pity you were nt in that limousine on that fateful night lumuqueen
with a madman shooting people left and right...
maybe you would change your opinion
Princess Anne was at the mercy of an insane gunman.... thank
heavens she was nt shot

Of course I would feel different if I were in that limosine, but I wasn't alive when the incident happened.
And I still keep the opinion, that the man wanted to kidnap her, not kill her, he could have done that very easily like you said he shot four other people.

Enough...everyone needs to go to their respective corners and chill.

Here's a link here to a lovely portrait of Anne at 21 by Norman Parkinson. He took some quite stunning pictures of her in her younger days, & I hadn't seen this particular one before - does anyone have any others of this particualr photo shoot? ( Scroll down for a then & now article with pics)

Princess Anne (New York Social Diary)

For many years I have thought what a good Queen Princess Anne would make, the article made me happy to find that others have been thinking the same.
We have a thread about regal royals, my vote is for Princess Anne, immediately after HM. She is the most regal of the present second and third generation of royals,and by far.
She is another victim of an accident of birth. Just as second sons of some noble families are or if the first born in a girl. Quite often the second born would have been a much better choice. C´est la vie.
Lumut if you had been born at the time of the attempt to kidnap Princess Anne you would have thought much differently, that is for sure.
He only wanted to kidnap her you say, did you use the word ONLY? Shots fired and wounded but he ONLY wanted to kidnap the Queen´s daughter, I am sorry but you have made me laugh.

For many years I have thought what a good Queen Princess Anne would make, the article made me happy to find that others have been thinking the same.
We have a thread about regal royals, my vote is for Princess Anne, immediately after HM. She is the most regal of the present second and third generation of royals,and by far.
She is another victim of an accident of birth. Just as second sons of some noble families are or if the first born in a girl. Quite often the second born would have been a much better choice. C´est la vie.
Copy that. She has always been my favorite.

The photo The Daily Mail is running on their website from her 21st Birthday is pretty surprising--I didn't realize she was so beautiful in her youth. I'm so used to seeing her look like an old-maid.

Back
Top Bottom