Anne, Princess Royal: Old News and Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, whichever way you slice or dice it, it does seem as if this feud is intergenerational. How sad!

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=i&r...MsGI0qV0CCCvcDoCYWVOaHHQ&ust=1402123497392720

Anne is definitely keeping her distance here.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/48706000/jpg/_48706675_medal_2008_ap.jpg

Both Anne and Harry are obviously very uncomfortable here.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...eJOaWn0n5Z3fizF9aR6H6FXmfFfC0m2D0TvVwkxe1jWrS

Oh dear, things just really can't get much worse! :D

MARG, Thank you for the great pictures.
In the Google photograph, Princess Anne is very happy with her nephew Harry.

I don't see any unhappiness or uncomfortable distances on these pictures

I don't see any unhappiness or uncomfortable distances on these pictures

I agree, I think Anne may joke with Harry in a familial way when he does well. It looks to me like they both enjoy it.
After all, Anne raised Zara who was admittedly was a free spirit in her own right. I've always thought Anne, of all the family, understands what the pressure of being a Royal can do to a young person. She also understands they can grow through it. I've always seen her as "duty first and hide from the press in your personal life." That's not a bad approach, in my eyes.

When she was very young they kept hee hair so short..like a short blonde afro. I like the pictures in her pre teen and older years

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1506695835.058081.jpg

Here's one of Anne visiting the blood drive at Mohawk College (my school) in 1974 during her tour of Canada. It's on our 50th anniversary timeline board in one of the hallways. I wonder if she gave any blood when she was here?

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community

Has anyone posted this video? :flowers: Must have but I'll post again because it's one of my favorite. It is so natural. One sees clearly the mother-daughter relationship between the Queen and Anne, plus Anne's wonderful maternal nature with her young children at the end of the video. No wonder they turned out so well. It also seems her prediction was right-on, regarding her children's and Margaret's children's involvement in royal life. :flowers:

Has anyone posted this video? :flowers: Must have but I'll post again because it's one of my favorite. It is so natural. One sees clearly the mother-daughter relationship between the Queen and Anne, plus Anne's wonderful maternal nature with her young children at the end of the video. No wonder they turned out so well. It also seems her prediction was right-on, regarding her children's and Margaret's children's involvement in royal life. :flowers:

Four generations of maternal-line women on the sofa!

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community

Four generations of maternal-line women on the sofa!

True! :flowers:

P.S. I notice Mark Philipps is pretty far removed from his wife in the picture. Were they already heading for divorce by then? I have never paid (close) attention to her timeline.

Reading a book on ex Prime Minister Mr Blair, and this anecdote which I think is 'priceless' is mentioned -

At Balmoral :

Cherie Blair to Princess Anne “ You can call me Cherie “

Princess Anne “ I’d rather not”..

VINTAGE Princess Anne #HerFathersDaughter

Princess Anne and Mark Phillips and their daughter, Zara, leave the hospital.

Princess Anne and Mark Phillips Talk About Their Engagement:

Last edited:
The princess was the first British royal to participate in a tv quiz in 1987:

Back
Top Bottom