The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Nobility

She looked so stunning in that photo with her hair down! Why she continues wearing that severe updo is beyond me.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:26 AM
Royal Highness

Some elegant pictures of Anne

Regal in 2003

Hampton Court 1982
(all Corbis below)
Norman Parkinson Portrait 1988 ditto

Norman Parkinson 21st birthday ditto ditto ditto

Norman Parkinson 19th birthday

Norman Parkinson 1969

with Diana 1981

Order of the Thistle

Old 08-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
She looked so stunning in that photo with her hair down! Why she continues wearing that severe updo is beyond me.
I would venture that it is a no-nonsense 'do like our no-nonsense Princess Royale.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy

Her hair looks different today, too. More frizzy, don't you think? It also looks dyed. Be that as it may, the portrait from 2003 is simply wonderful!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Aristocracy

Anne's portraits always bring some fresh regal air to our plain and ugly era I'd advise her not to fear to show her feminine and sexy side She's a gorgeous woman and if she wants to she can look 10 years younger
Old 09-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Aristocracy

A MUCH younger Princess Anne
go here

Celebheaven • View topic - Princess Anne

Old 07-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Nobility

This one is a nice photo. Warm smiles and her hair slightly differently.

Princess Anne, Timothy Laurence - Festival of British Eventing -Day 3 - Photo - LIFE
Old 07-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne83 View Post
Anne's portraits always bring some fresh regal air to our plain and ugly era I'd advise her not to fear to show her feminine and sexy side She's a gorgeous woman and if she wants to she can look 10 years younger
Please can I add some background information?

Being a bit older than some forum members, I can remember back to the early 1970's when Princess Anne was at the start of her 20's and [although on occcasions she did not always photograph well - and don't forget that was before the digital enhancement techniques of today were available, which is why many people look quite good in contemporary photos] she was regarded as almost a beauty; there weren't so many paps about as today, but I can remember the papers carried photos of her taken outside Annabel's [exclusive nightspot] with her hair long and loose and the general consensus was she was pretty good looking. With her slim figure, she also looked very good in her riding clothes.

I also remember the best man at her wedding being interviewed and describing the stag party [- after going out on the town, Mark Phillips and his party returned to the Buckingham House swimming pool to continue the jollifications] and the best man then went on to describe how Princess Anne suddenly appeared 'looking absolutely delicious'.

People occasionally say that Princess Anne has no time for fashion; I do remember on one occasion when she even put red streaks [as in red, not ginger!] in her hair; the overall effect was perhaps not totally successful, but IMHO it was the act of someone who presumably cared a bit about fashion....
Old 07-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Commoner

I remember wanting to wear my hair up (in the days I had hair) just like Anne. Poor BRF...can't win anywhere. Anne should wear her hair down, Kate up and on it goes. I think Anne feels way more comfortable in her own skin than most. I still think it is elegant, learned that from her Mum I think...
Old 03-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

A young Anne:

Pic Pic2 Pic3 Pic4 Pic5 Pic6

She looks so much like Zara!
Old 03-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Courtier

Youth has something divine
Old 09-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammas26
I remember wanting to wear my hair up (in the days I had hair) just like Anne. Poor BRF...can't win anywhere. Anne should wear her hair down, Kate up and on it goes. I think Anne feels way more comfortable in her own skin than most. I still think it is elegant, learned that from her Mum I think...
I agree, Anne should wear her hair down more often. She has it down in the first of the 6 pictures of the previous post. I love that picture! Not sure if I like the headband though...
Old 09-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Majesty

I think Princess Anne don't wear her hair down anymore is because she may think it wouldn't look good today for her age.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think Princess Anne don't wear her hair down anymore is because she may think it wouldn't look good today for her age.
Maybe... She is 62 after all!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2

Maybe... She is 62 after all!
Princess Anne is so adorable!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Nobility

Here's a really nice picture of Anne that's on the front cover of a book about her that I got at the library. It was published in 1987, when she was 37. Just look at the sparkle in her eyes! It's kind of hard to see in this picture, though. She's such a good girl, isn't she? Such a pretty girl!

Old 11-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Serene Highness

Somehow people seem to forget that Anne could look very lovely in the early 70ies, like in this photo. Caroline of Monaco and Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg were the two royal beauties then, but when Anne wanted to she could very well rival them: Anything Royal / Princess Anne, 1970s, very pretty picture.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Somehow people seem to forget that Anne could look very lovely in the early 70ies, like in this photo. Caroline of Monaco and Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg were the two royal beauties then, but when Anne wanted to she could very well rival them: Anything Royal / Princess Anne, 1970s, very pretty picture.
Everyone who says Princess Anne wasn't/isn't pretty, they are wrong! Just watch this interview of her, you'll see what I mean. She's 35 here, but doesn't look it. She's such a sweetheart!

Old 01-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

Just stunning.............

Old 01-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar
Just stunning.............
How old is she there?

Tags
old photos, princess anne, princess royal