Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 6: Jan 2014 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great idea. Perhaps Charles and Camilla can visit Aus / NZ in 2015 or 2016

Canad has really gotten a huge number of royal visits in the last few years, 2 with C and C, 1 with W and K, 1 with E and S, and now Anne.

Actually one or other member of the royal family visits Canada on a routine basis as representatives of the Canadian royal family. Many of these visits are rather low profile (wiki has a list). Princess Anne last visited Canada just last year as colonel-in-chief of her regiment in Barrie, Ontario.

As a Belgian, I have to say I really like The Princess Royal's Belgian Embassy visit. She looks quite royal in that picture by the way. I dislike the dress, but it fits her very well. AAA+

Shoot... I'll just be missing her then, as my mom and I are going to visit my brother at Carleton U from the 6th to the 9th. Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community

Darn brothers! Just kidding, but as a Sister, I had to say that. :lol::lol::lol:

Princess Anne left for Australia yesterday, October 19th.
She will return from Vanuatu on October 29th.
She will then leave for the United States on the November 4th/5th returning from Canada on the 11th with an engagement in Liverpool on the 12th of November.

Princess Anne is fabulous. The unsung member of the British Royal Family.

Princess Anne left for Australia yesterday, October 19th.
She will return from Vanuatu on October 29th.
She will then leave for the United States on the November 4th/5th returning from Canada on the 11th with an engagement in Liverpool on the 12th of November.

Princess Anne is fabulous. The unsung member of the British Royal Family.

Good Lord, I'm tired just reading all of that!! She really is amazing.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Princess Anne on the island where they think her father Prince Philip is a god | Royal | News | Daily Express
PRINCESS Anne yesterday returned to the tiny South Pacific island where her father Prince Philip is worshipped as a god.

Villagers in a remote part of Vanuatu have been convinced since the Royals visited in 1974 that the Duke of Edinburgh is descended from their spirit ancestors.

Anne, 64, was also on the tour aboard the Royal Yacht Britannia 40 years ago when the Katom people around Yaohnanen village on the southern island of Tanna started worshipping the Duke.

They believe he is the son of a mountain spirit who, according to legend, travelled over the seas to a distant land where he married a powerful lady but vowed to one day return to them.

That's a charming article. Buried in it is the shocking announcement that the Princess Royal carried her own luggage in Australia (prompting concerns that the Royal Family is on a new, tight budget).
And here is a photo proving that indeed, Anne toted her tote. She does make me smile. Let's go in together and get her a bag that rolls for Christmas! :lol:
Princess Anne flies into Brisbane for Royal Agricultural Society

Princess Anne and husband Timothy Laurence are currently in the USA.

Yesterday, November 6, they attended the opening of an exhibition celebrating the 800th anniversary of the Magna Carta at the Library of Congress in Washington, DC. The exhibition features the Lincoln Cathedral Magna Carta, one of only four surviving copies of the original issue in 1215.

They also attended a ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery (pic 6).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** dailymal: Princess Anne opens Magna Carta exhibition in Washington **

Princess Anne pays tribute to Canada's war dead weeks after Ottawa Parliament gun attack | Daily Mail Online
Princess Anne has joined Canadians to remember their war dead, weeks after a crazed gunman shot and fatally injured a soldier standing guard outside Parliament.

Anne is in Canada to represent the Queen at this year's commemorations, which will take place later today at the National Memorial in Ottawa.

The visit comes just weeks after the death of Corporal Nathan Cirillo, who was murdered by an Islamist fanatic as he stood guard outside the Canadian Parliament building.

Yes, she is quite unique. And most likely there won't be another lady like her..Canada likes her and she likes us. :) One a side note: I was surprised how good her French pronounciation was. And it was touching that she mentioned Cpl Cirillo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom