Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 6: Jan 2014 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be Prison authorities who decide who The Princess Royal meets. In England it is still largely Her Majesty's Prison Service. It is also a matter of security and after a Prison Gaurd was murdered a few weeks ago I believe security is the paramount issue. I don't want anything happening to Princess Anne, she works hard and does alot for various causes. Although I believe her dragon lady reputation may have been destroyed forever by those recent photographs with her Granddaughters.

HER Royal Highness The Princess Royal visited Brimscombe on Monday to meet trustees, staff members and clients of Stroud-based charity The Nelson Trust.

Princess Anne attended the centre at Hope Mills Business Park to mark the 30th anniversary of charity and its contribution to the wellbeing of people struggling with addiction.

Touring the centre with Sue Smith clinical manager at The Nelson Trust, the Princess Royal spoke to clients absorbed in their art and craft activities.

During the tour Ms Smith explained how rehab works and the importance of equipping clients with skills for the workplace.

She outlined how the work at the STAR (skills, training, arts and recreation) Centre helps to build self-esteem so that those struggling with addiction can achieve lasting change in their lives.
Read more: Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal visits The Nelson Trust in Brimscombe for its 30th anniversary helping people struggling with addiction (From Stroud News and Journal)

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 43m43 minutes ago
Princess Anne will join Princess Astrid of Belgium in Brussels to commemorate the life of First World War nurse Edith Cavell on October 12.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 42m42 minutes ago
Anne and husband Tim Laurence will attend two ceremonies in Brussels on the 100th anniversary of Edith Cavell's execution by the Germans.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 38m38 minutes ago
Cavell, a British nurse, tended soldiers from both sides in German-occupied Belgium. She was executed for smuggling 200+ Allied troops out.

That's great! A very noble commemoration! Can't wait to see Anne and Tim with Astrid too!

Oh, so she is back from Bahamas... i really thought she was still on tour there! :)

CC 28th October: Princess Anne arrives in New York

Buckingham Palace

28th October, 2015

The Princess Royal this morning departed from Heathrow Airport, London, for the United States of America and was received upon arrival this afternoon at John F Kennedy International Airport by Her Majesty’s Consul-General for New York (Mr Danny Lopez).

Her Royal Highness, Patron, National Museum of The Royal Navy, this evening attended a Dinner given by Her Majesty’s Consul-General for New York at the Residence in New York.

Commander Anne Sullivan RN is in attendance.

Looks like a busy day in NY for Anne, 5 different events and it looks like she is only there 1 day

Looks like a busy day in NY for Anne, 5 different events and it looks like she is only there 1 day

When Anne works, she works. Often 3-5 events on a day that she does engagements. I would be the same, were I her.

Princess Royals events in NYC, 29th October

The Princess Royal today carried out the following engagements in New York, United States of America.

Her Royal Highness this morning attended the Benenden School Trust Reunion Reception at the Colony Club, 564 Park Avenue.

The Princess Royal, Patron, Gordonstoun Plus Campaign, afterwards attended a Gordonstoun American Foundation Reception at the Racquet and Tennis Club, 370 Park Avenue.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, National Museum of the Royal Navy, later attended a Trafalgar Luncheon onboard Queen Mary 2 at Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

The Princess Royal, Patron, Opportunity International United Kingdom, this afternoon attended a Panel Discussion followed by a Reception at Goldman Sachs, 200 West Street.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, National Museum of the Royal Navy, this evening attended a United States National Maritime Historical Society Dinner at the New York Yacht Club, 37 West 44th Street.

She looks proud and she should. I'd take a grandstand over a third tiara anyday! :lol: OK - it might depend on the two previous tiaras...LOL

Last edited:
She is amazing! Anne really has a strange aura that irrdatiates quiteness around her!

The Princess Royal is visiting the Falklands and South Georgia 11-21 January 2016.

Buckingham Palace

11th January, 2016

The Princess Royal, accompanied by Vice-Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, this evening arrived at Mount Pleasant Airport, Falkland Islands, and was received by the Governor (His Excellency Mr Colin Roberts).

The visit to Falklands and South Georgia is due to last until 19th January

did she go straight there - or did she stop over on Ascension on the way?

I think it's great that Anne and Tim visit these corners of the former Empire, fascinating spots that aren't really much visited by anyone. I think Anne enjoys doing these sort of tours too.

She's been going to the Falklands for years - last in 2013, if I recall. She really does seem to enjoy it.

Very important for the royals to visit these overseas territories in the southern atlantic - Anne obviously enjoys these tours where she can get stuck into lots of engagements and work but it all goes under the radar in terms of media coverage. If for instance Harry or william or kate took a tour to these countries then their would be a massive media presence
Often Anne gets the "unglamorous' tours but thats what she thrives on

12th January, 2016

The Princess Royal, accompanied by Vice-Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, today carried out the following engagements in Stanley, the Falkland Islands:

Her Royal Highness this morning viewed the 1914 Centenary Memorial Wall.

The Princess Royal later visited the Falkland Island Museum and National Trust, Historic Dockyard.

Her Royal Highness subsequently laid a wreath at the 1982 Liberation Monument.

The Princess Royal later visited the Day Centre at the King Edward VII Memorial Hospital.

Her Royal Highness afterwards opened the Commonwealth Walkway at Christchurch Cathedral.

The Princess Royal later attended a Reception given by the Falkland Islands Legislative Assembly at the Malvina House Hotel.

Her Royal Highness this afternoon visited the Department of Agriculture, Bypass Road.

The Princess Royal, President, the Mission to Seafarers Limited, this afternoon visited the Lighthouse Seamen’s Centre, FIPASS Road.

The Princess Royal, accompanied by Vice-Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, this evening departed from the Falkland Islands by sea for South Georgia.

William, Kate, Harry, Charles and Camilla get the high profile countries to visit. They are the ones who draw the press attention simply because of where they are in the line of succession. Anne, in her younger days, was covered extensively but then she was replaced as a royal close to the throne (now down to 12th - from a high of 2nd - and she will only continue to drop over time). Andrew also used to receive a lot of coverage but now hardly gets any - unless it is negative. It is the way of the world. When George and Charlotte are adults Harry probably won't receive the press coverage as he will be seen as a 'minor royal and hanger on' when that happens - as has happened to Margaret, Andrew, Edward and Anne in the past 40+ years.

The lesser royals - Andrew on downwards get places like The Falklands, parts of Asia and parts of Africa. The Duke of Kent also visits the Falklands on occasions and was the one sent there for the Jubilee Visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom