Daughter for Peter and Autumn: Savannah Phillips - December 30, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, Savannah....I like it!! Maybe it will pave the way for more interesting names for future babies in the Royal family :)

I like Savannah, and I am glad they didn't go traditional.

I agree!! I was really praying that she wouldn't be named Anne or Elizabeth.

Savannah is nice and I think unique name, because I have met like one Savannah in my life :)
A little bit late, but congratulations to parents and whole family for this precious girl :)

Is Savannah a common name in Great Britain? It seems like a totally American or North American name to me.
well, it does sound very american to me. it was not within the Top-100 first names for baby girls in England in 2009 (see: National Statistics Online - Product ) and it is also not listed in the TOP 100 of 1914 to 1984 (in 10 years steps).

Savannah is listed as the 40th most popular name for girls in the United States in 2009 as per the social security name index.

It's certainly less obscure than other names already in the BRF (Zenouska and Xan, for example!)

I'm not surprised at all that they chose a name with more American connections and one that is not traditionally used within the royal family. While this little girl is in line to the throne, she's not likely to have any sort of royal role.

I love the name Savannah, my niece just named her baby Savannah, has her entire name been released yet?

I love the name, its my niece's name, I am glad they went with a name they liked not just something traditionally royal. Wonder when they will release her entire name?

I don't like 'Savannah' at all. However, the little girl isn't my baby. I'm conservative about babies names: what's trendy one year is often faintly ridiculous, the next.

Zara might not be a royal name but it does mean 'princess'. Peter Phillips was named after his paternal grandfather, which is not at all unusual. It would have been difficult, if not silly, to name him after his maternal grandfather.

I like the name. I think Savannah Phillips has a nice ring to it. I was betting on Anne as a middle name, but Savannah Anne doesn't run smoothly. As MRSJ suggests, it could be Savannah Elizabeth Anne, but that doesn't leave any room for a name from Peter's family. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Tiaratop - well, I don't know for sure how the Queen would pronounce the name Savannah. I know there is a double 'n', which should shorten the preceeding 'a'. However, I have a standard British accent, and when I did geography at school the geographical feature was always pronounced Se-VAAH-na!!

I like the name. I think Savannah Phillips has a nice ring to it. I was betting on Anne as a middle name, but Savannah Anne doesn't run smoothly. As MRSJ suggests, it could be Savannah Elizabeth Anne, but that doesn't leave any room for a name from Peter's family. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Do you mean from Autumn's family? Elizabeth and Anne are both clearly in Peter's family!!!! :whistling::flowers:

Beautiful Name but completely out of left field for me! I was expecting a much more traditional name but then again she does have an Aunt Zara and mum Autumn.

Savannah is a nice name.

Not what I was expecting, but it really is a pretty name to say.

I love the name! Autumn and Savannah, such wonderful names in the Princess Royal's family!

Polly said:
I don't like 'Savannah' at all. However, the little girl isn't my baby. I'm conservative about babies names: what's trendy one year is often faintly ridiculous, the next.

Zara might not be a royal name but it does mean 'princess'. Peter Phillips was named after his paternal grandfather, which is not at all unusual. It would have been difficult, if not silly, to name him after his maternal grandfather.

Lol had to think about that one- Phillip Phillips, yes a bit silly :)

Savannah...a very nice name. I like it.

What a wonderful name, Savannah.... such poetry in it I LOVE it !!!!! Now please a pic !!!

Savannah sounds quite pretty. :flowers:
Unexpected indeed, but lovely name.
Is it a common name in Britain? Because it sounds quite American to me...

Savannah - love the name ! Will she be Princess Savannah I wonder

Mystiblue said:
Savannah - love the name ! Will she be Princess Savannah I wonder

Probably not because her Daddy is not titled....

:previous::previous: No. She will not be Princess Savannah.

Peter doesn't hold a title as he descends from Princess Anne.

Savannah...........It has a very southern feel to it, but it is a really pretty name. I wonder if the full name will be released on Monday..............

A very American name. Interesting choice.

An American name? Only for a city in the USA... Thank goodness it is not HRH Princess Savannah.

Savannah is a pretty name, but not for this baby. Hopefully the MN's will be a bit more traditional.

I didn't like the name. For me it's too unusual. Maybe because here in Brazil we have a lot of unusual and hideous names and I getting tired of it :rolleyes: But when a picture will be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom