The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to Peter, Autumn, and their families! I'm sure that she is a beautiful little girl.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie
The royals don't 'sell' their events like that. They believe that the private photos that are released should be available to everyone and not exclusive.

I was watching the news here in Australia this morning and they were commenting on the fact that Mary makes sure that photos of Christian and Isabella were available to everyone.

Peter definitely went against royal protocol in selling exclusive access to his wedding.
A bit OT but i heard the royals weren't so much upset with the 'sharing' as that they didn't realize the personal inside photos would be printed.... Especially that the Queen and Prince William was upset because of shots of Kate-

Anyways back to baby girl Phillips- I like Allison Kelly Anne :)

Old 12-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know if the newest member of the Phillips family received a gun salute? Do they still do this in the UK when a member of the Royal Family is born? I haven't been able to find out. Just curious. Can't wait to see the pics of the new baby girl.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1972 View Post
Does anyone know if the newest member of the Phillips family received a gun salute? Do they still do this in the UK when a member of the Royal Family is born? I haven't been able to find out. Just curious. Can't wait to see the pics of the new baby girl.
I don't know for sure but I suspect they do still do the gun salutes but I wouldn't have thought they would for Peter's baby (due to his not having a Royal title & the baby itself also not having a Royal title etc). I reckon they probably will only do salutes now when/if William has kids as they would be the next line of succession & all that.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope she looks like her ma
Old 01-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7 View Post
I don't know for sure but I suspect they do still do the gun salutes but I wouldn't have thought they would for Peter's baby (due to his not having a Royal title & the baby itself also not having a Royal title etc). I reckon they probably will only do salutes now when/if William has kids as they would be the next line of succession & all that.
I remembering reading that Peter, even though he was untitled and born a commoner he was still given a gun salute on the day of his birth. Still curious to know if his baby daughter received one.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1972 View Post
I remembering reading that Peter, even though he was untitled and born a commoner he was still given a gun salute on the day of his birth. Still curious to know if his baby daughter received one.
I don't think,don't forget that Peter was at the time of his birth the son of Princess Royal and the first grand-child of the Queen,but now his daughter is not a daughter of Prince,despite the fact that she is of royal blood
Old 01-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Serene Highness

No word yet on the name of the newest little member of the House of Windsor?
Old 01-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I doubt we'll find out the name until after the weekend if that.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Courtier

Shouldn't she have left hospital by now? I was hoping for some going home photos! I suppose if she had a cesarean the stay might be longer, but there has been no word of that.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

We're not going to get any photos of them leaving the hospital, we'll be lucky to get one of the baby.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
We're not going to get any photos of them leaving the hospital, we'll be lucky to get one of the baby.
I think there will be one official shot of the baby, Peter (& probably Autumn), Princess Royal & the Queen (& maybe Prince Phillip). Just to show off to full extent the 4 generations aspect of it all, even though the baby may not have a Royal title as such. That way they could arguably get rid of the need for media to try & get the "1st pics" & so Peter & Autumn can go about their lives as they always have in relative peace & quiet. Could see it waiting until the Christening whenever that is.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Like I said we'll be lucky to get that, if they wished they could just pop off back to Hong Kong.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Commoner

Why Hong Kong?
Old 01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That's where they have been living since getting married.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Congratulations to the couple. Canadian media is reporting that their baby was born a dual British-Canadian citizen.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Like I said we'll be lucky to get that, if they wished they could just pop off back to Hong Kong.
The papers are reporting that they have offically moved back and Peter is now working out the London office once again. The couple did say that they would live abroad until they decided to have a family. So hopefully that's true info. We probably won't see any pics until their little girl is christened eiither I do agree that any info on the babies name won't be released until have the New Years weekend.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Nobility

This is one couple I could see moving abroad again, congrats to them, what a lovely New Year's gift.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I don't think,don't forget that Peter was at the time of his birth the son of Princess Royal and the first grand-child of the Queen,but now his daughter is not a daughter of Prince,despite the fact that she is of royal blood
Thanks, I didn't think of it that way. It makes sense to me now.