The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Nobility

I wonder when they'll announce the baby's name? I hope soon! I'm getting impatient! lol

Old 12-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
I wonder when they'll announce the baby's name? I hope soon! I'm getting impatient! lol

The baby will have to be registered within 6 weeks by law so we should hear the name sometime in that timeframe.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Nobility

Oh, so that's how it works. Thanks Iluvbertie.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Nobility

I remember that time frame now it took Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson forever to name Princess Beatrice.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
I remember that time frame now it took Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson forever to name Princess Beatrice.
However long it takes, we'll know their baby's name sooner than we would if the baby were born a Danish Princess.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Nobility

lol yeah no kidding! I'd imagine we still have about 4 months to wait on that. But I'll be really surprised if the names Patricia and Anne aren't among baby Phillips' names.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:44 AM
Nobility

That's true it will be a much longer wait for the Danish royal babies and with twins I have a feeling it will seem even worse,trying to guess two sets of names
Old 12-31-2010, 01:59 AM
Nobility

Congratulations to the new parents, grandparents and great-grandparents!

I've been eagerly watching for baby news, but this morning I neglected to check because I was not well. Of course it happened when I wasn't paying attention.

I've been reading about Princess Alice, the Duke of Edinburgh's mother, and how she used to tell Anne stories of her time in Queen Victoria's court. Maybe it's time for another Alice in the family?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:21 AM
Heir Apparent

DM is at it already....not going to post the article here cause I don't want to spoil the mood but typical of them...

CTV did a small new story on it..they went to her dad but his answer was "my daughter made me swear I wouldn't speak to the press.." The announcers began laughing saying "She's trained him well"
Old 12-31-2010, 02:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
DM is at it already....not going to post the article here cause I don't want to spoil the mood but typical of them...

CTV did a small new story on it..they went to her dad but his answer was "my daughter made me swear I wouldn't speak to the press.." The announcers began laughing saying "She's trained him well"

Queen's first great grandchild as Peter Phillips' wife Autumn Kelly has baby girl | Mail Online

Is this the article you were referring to?

If they do it is because the magazines believe people will buy the magazine as a result. Simple economics really.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:51 AM
Nobility

I don't understand why the senior members of the Royal Family were so upset over Peter and Autumn sharing their wedding photos. Was it against royal protocol or something, since Peter doesn't have a title?

I have some more guesses for baby Phillips' name:

Christina Anne Elizabeth
Brianna Elizabeth Alice
Petra Josephine Louise
Patricia Mary Elizabeth
Antonia Sophia Mary
Alice Sophia Christine
Old 12-31-2010, 04:04 AM
Royal Highness

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures - especially the four generations togethor. I'm in favor of some name combination of Elizabeth, Alice and Anne.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I don't understand why the senior members of the Royal Family were so upset over Peter and Autumn sharing their wedding photos.
The royals don't 'sell' their events like that. They believe that the private photos that are released should be available to everyone and not exclusive.

I was watching the news here in Australia this morning and they were commenting on the fact that Mary makes sure that photos of Christian and Isabella were available to everyone.

Peter definitely went against royal protocol in selling exclusive access to his wedding.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't understand why the senior members of the Royal Family were so upset over Peter and Autumn sharing their wedding photos.
"sharing" is a polite euphemism for selling. Hello! paid them about 500,000 for the exclusive rights to the wedding.
I doubt that such a deal will be repeated within the Royal Family any time soon.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Queen's first great grandchild as Peter Phillips' wife Autumn Kelly has baby girl | Mail Online

Is this the article you were referring to?

If they do it is because the magazines believe people will buy the magazine as a result. Simple economics really.
Ya that's the one but I was too happy for the couple to post that and spoil the happy mood. But ya basically though I'm sure we'll prob get something when the couple leave the hospital I doubt they'll have to go down that route again.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:46 AM
Courtier

CONGRATULATIONS!

I was hoping that it would be a girl!
Old 12-31-2010, 04:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Ya that's the one but I was too happy for the couple to post that and spoil the happy mood. But ya basically though I'm sure we'll prob get something when the couple leave the hospital I doubt they'll have to go down that route again.

I notice that when a link is pasted it comes up with the headline about the birth but on the DM page it is about selling the rights to the baby photos. What has happened is that the headline has changed a bit during the day but the main focus of the article hasn't changed.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:20 AM
Commoner

Congratulations to Peter and Autumn, and their families!!

Maybe this time next year, the Queen will have another great-grandchild on its way (hopefully from William and Kate).
Old 12-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to Peter and Autumn!!! Great news, a whole new family - may they be blessed with more children!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Courtier

Congratulations I hope the litle one will get the Elizabeth name