Daughter for Peter and Autumn: Savannah Phillips - December 30, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Releasing pictures of your first child to the public and being paid for pictures at a wedding that are going to be taken anyway, is a bit different.

I understand the parents' desire to shield their young children from the spotlight (a la Prince Edward) however, a photograph or two of the child taken under the guidance of the parents and released to the media/public every so often I don't think violates the child's privacy. If anything, never allowing a photo of the child leads to speculation and would have the papps more rabid to get a photo thus breeching the child's privacy more than had the parents simply released a photo at their own discretion. Perhaps once the family gets more settled the Phillips will release a photo of the baby and/or the baby with the family. After all, most new parents are eager to show off their child.

As much as we would like to see little Savannah...the Phillips are under no obligation to release a picture of their daughter.Yes, it would be nice to release one every now and then but its only been three weeks.

Like Iluvbertie, I expect that we will see a picture of the family at the Christening and not before then.

I understand the parents' desire to shield their young children from the spotlight (a la Prince Edward) however, a photograph or two of the child taken under the guidance of the parents and released to the media/public every so often I don't think violates the child's privacy. If anything, never allowing a photo of the child leads to speculation and would have the papps more rabid to get a photo thus breeching the child's privacy more than had the parents simply released a photo at their own discretion. Perhaps once the family gets more settled the Phillips will release a photo of the baby and/or the baby with the family. After all, most new parents are eager to show off their child.

It is only people on boards like this that have any interest for instance in seeing the Wessex children while most couldn't care less - they are so far from the throne and the same thing with this Philip's baby - to far for general interest.

William and Kate's children will be photographed regularly because they will be the children of the future King.

I bet their friends and family have photos and even film of the little one but the general public - complete strangers - no way and the sooner comments like If anything, never allowing a photo of the child leads to speculation and would have the papps more rabid to get a photo really worry me as the only way the paps would be taking the photos is if there was a demand from the public and thus these sorts of comments are creating the situation. I am for respecting the rights of the parents to raise their child away from the public eye - Savannah is 12th in line to the throne and within a decade will probably have dropped to around 20th or lower (based on William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie marrying and having 2 children each in that time). Even a little brother will drop her further from the throne.

Last edited:
Lumutqueen said:
Releasing pictures of your first child to the public and being paid for pictures at a wedding that are going to be taken anyway, is a bit different.

Yes in a way but I was speaking more to using the 'royal' connections when helpful to them but hiding behind 'oh we are not royal' when it benefits them to not be so- this is all I was pointing at. Just my thinking that it's a bit hypocritical to want it both ways-

I can understand, however they haven't personally said that's the reason they haven't released a picture. We didn't see many pictures of Viscount James when he was born.
I'm not sure what you mean by the using royal connections from the magazine thing? Could you PM as i'm truely interested to hear what you mean? :)

Lumutqueen said:
I can understand, however they haven't personally said that's the reason they haven't released a picture. We didn't see many pictures of Viscount James when he was born.
I'm not sure what you mean by the using royal connections from the magazine thing? Could you PM as i'm truely interested to hear what you mean? :)

Yes you're right they haven't actually said I assumed, yes I PM you :)

Last edited:
It is only people on boards like this that have any interest for instance in seeing the Wessex children while most couldn't care less - they are so far from the throne and the same thing with this Philip's baby - to far for general interest.
I don't know, Iluvbertie, about the only people interested in seeing photos of the Wessex children and the new Phillips baby are only those on these boards. I think there is still (hopefully) a broader interest in the royals, esp. the newer members. The new baby is the Queen's first great grandchild and her birth has been acknowledged in various media outlets that don't often report on royalty, so I think there is an interest.
I'm not disputing the parents right to chose what they feel is best for their child, I'm just saying I don't think there would be any harm in the parents releasing a photo at their discretion.
Papps interest in these things are a reality. Regardless of how much the parents try to shield their children, they can't keep them in glass houses all their lives. An example are the photos taken of the Wessex kids at fairs and such. True, there won't be as much media attention on these kids, the further they are from the crown, but it will still be there.
I agree there will probably be a formal photo released at the time of the baby's christening and that will be fine.

I don't think anyone outside the royal follower have any interest in Savannah Phillips. For instance the birth of the baby nor the name was announced in the big newspapers.
Peter can place his child in a glass house, they have no royal titles, they have their own jobs and they take no money from the public. They are just like any other person, except they have the royal family as relatives.

To put Savannah in perspective....she will follow a similiar path of the Linley and Chatto children. Also, the great grandchildren of a Monarch. There were press reports on their births, and names. I distinctly remember there being pictures when the parents left the hospital but that was about it until the Christening. And then a picture was released to the press or appeared in the magazines.

That was about it.

And you pretty much only see them on Royal occasions (like Christmas, the Trooping of the Colour, etc.). Unless they happen to be with their parents and they are caught doing normal things like walking down a London street. The same with Lady Helen Taylor's children.

I know what MRSJ is getting at. If Zara did sell her wedding pics, for example, she could justify it by presenting them as pics of her as a sports personality. What I mean is, even though most people would want to see them because she's Royal at least she would have the fig leaf of saying that her and Mike were doing it as there is an interest in them as sporting stars, many of whom have done the same kind of deals. In Peter's case neither he or Autumn are public figures so the wedding photos were sold purley on the strength of his Royal connections. It is hypocritical then to play the private citizen card and the Royal card at different times to suit themselves.

Actually its not.

Considering all the criticism and negative press that they received for selling their wedding photos, perhaps that they decided that it wasn't worth going thru all that.

Or perhaps they recognized that there is a BIG difference on selling pictures of your wedding than selling pictures of your infant daughter. And that Peter has had a somewhat public life that at present time, he doesn't want for his daughter. I am sure you will see Savannah when she gets older at the Gatcome Trials.

If one doesn't understand that, than well I am speechless.

Last edited:
Yes in a way but I was speaking more to using the 'royal' connections when helpful to them but hiding behind 'oh we are not royal' when it benefits them to not be so- this is all I was pointing at. Just my thinking that it's a bit hypocritical to want it both ways-

I think though that they realised they made a mistake in selling their wedding to Hello and aren't going to repeat that mistake. The Queen wasn't happy with the decision about the wedding and would have made that point clear to her grandson. I don't think we are going to see a repeat amongst the Queen's children and grandchildren for the very reason that Peter was criticised for doing it and his grandmother disapproved.

I don't mean that I think they should release pics of their daughter I am talking about them in a more general way.

When I look back at photos of Prince William and Harry the first picture seen was as they were trying to leave the hospital.

With Prince Edward's kids I think it was christening photos in a glossy magazine, probably Hello? don't know if they were paid or not, but his income is probably higher than Peter Phillips.

As for the name Savannah it is not too bad. A little soap opera, but does make me think of Savannah Georgia. Watch "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' for some nice shots of the city.

I do like unusual names as long as they don't torture the kid. I haven't been able to find her whole name listed unless they are not decided on middle names until the christening?

With Prince Edward's kids I think it was christening photos in a glossy magazine, probably Hello? don't know if they were paid or not, but his income is probably higher than Peter Phillips.

Edward and Sophie allowed photographs as they left the hospital with both of their children and also released photos from each christening (I believe Prince Andrew was photographer there), as you mention. I think it is a nice courtesy to do so, and don't really understand why Peter and Autumn didn't as they left the hospital, unless of course there were no photographers waiting to take said pictures. So we wait...:flowers:

When Viscount Severn was christened, there was one picture in Hello! and several released when James and his mum came out of hospital.

I never understand why people want to see a photo of a bundle in someone's arms as they leave hospital - you can't really see anything.

I remember seeing Diana with William - big deal - a bundle in her arms.

:lol: My thoughts as well... I'd rather wait some years to see them well... But everyone have their desires... I might have a craving for pictures no-one else would want to see... So I respect every position :flowers:

Hi Guys! Thanks, I don't remember the leaving the hospital photos for Prince Edward's kids, I will have to do a search and look, but ya, it is hard to see the baby usually in those photos. If I'm remembering right one of the royal women leaving the hospital may have slipped, perhaps Fergie? Not sure, but it makes me nervous when I see them trying to walk, and cameras flashing, etc.

I really like that Prince Andrew continues to take photos for his family. I think it's nice. I think I still have a copy somewhere of his photo book that was published!

If I recall, Fergie didn't slip while leaving the hospital but while pregnant with Beatrice or Eugenie outside of Anabels. Either way, its a dicey thing to walk around with a newborn when you have tons of flashes in front of you.

My best guess is that it will be Easter when we see a picture of Savannah. A majority of members will most likely spend Easter with the Queen, and they will christen the baby at that time. I think something similiar occured with Margarita.

If I recall, Fergie didn't slip while leaving the hospital but while pregnant with Beatrice or Eugenie outside of Anabels. Either way, its a dicey thing to walk around with a newborn when you have tons of flashes in front of you.

My best guess is that it will be Easter when we see a picture of Savannah. A majority of members will most likely spend Easter with the Queen, and they will christen the baby at that time. I think something similiar occured with Margarita.

It sounds like a good plan with the wedding only a week later.

The name hasn't been confirmed yet, has it? On the official website she still doesn't appear in the line of succession. Hasn't it been too long, I assume there's a time limit to register a child in UK. Does anyone know how long is it?

I don't see who's going to confirm the name. She's called Savannah Phillips. The royal website might not have updated the website yet. But she's 12th in line for the throne.

I know she's 12th to th throne no matter what the royal site says. When her birth was announced it was also stated that the name (the full name I assume) would be announced in due time. From what I understand the name was accidentally leaked in a prayer at church but not officially confirmed.

Well perhaps the BRF have decided, that seeing as everyone important knows and the public has found out someway, they will leave the announcements until the christening date is revealed (if it is at all).

The child has to be registered within 42 days of the birth. That time period hasn't yet passed.

Registering and naming your baby : Directgov - Government, citizens and rights
Your baby must be registered in the district where the birth took place within 42 days of the birth in England and Wales. This can often be done at the hospital before the mother goes home, or at your local register office.

The baby was born on the 30th December so the registration has to take place no later than 11th February.

Fergie did slip leaving the hospital after the birth of one of her daughters. If I remember right, she was not carrying the baby at the time and had been walking around to the street side of the car and decided to go over to where some wellwishers were on the other side of the street and she slipped but managed to catch herself.

You are correct, sproketti. Sarah did slip, but thankfully, she wasn't carrying Eugenie, to whom she had just given birth. Sarah looked lovely in a pink satin jacket, and she was Much thinner than she was after the birth of Beatrice.

You are correct, sproketti. Sarah did slip, but thankfully, she wasn't carrying Eugenie, to whom she had just given birth. Sarah looked lovely in a pink satin jacket, and she was Much thinner than she was after the birth of Beatrice

She slipped after coming out of the hospital after Beatrice's birth. Andrew was carrying Beatrice and Sarah, wearing a dark blue dress with a little white repeating pattern, which she'd worn when she was pregnant, and Sarah went over to some wellwishers and slipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom