Your Opinions About Felipe and Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that this news refers more to his "private" clothes, and not to the suits of official acts ... nonetheless, it returns to say that they themselves choose the clothes, though if they cannot go to the shop someone is going to look for it, the choice is of them, without stylists who decide that there is bought and that not.

The topic of the bikini demonstrates once again, the "war" that exists between designers, who does not want a promotion like that? It is not of surprising that the Princess trusts in calmly and quiet Varela.

I believe that this news refers more to his "private" clothes, and not to the suits of official acts ... nonetheless, it returns to say that they themselves choose the clothes, though if they cannot go to the shop someone is going to look for it, the choice is of them, without stylists who decide that there is bought and that not.

The topic of the bikini demonstrates once again, the "war" that exists between designers, who does not want a promotion like that? It is not of surprising that the Princess trusts in calmly and quiet Varela.

So no stylist (I call it a stylist now but mean a person who is responsible for wardrobe and looks) ... I wonder why. Are they afraid of the backlash in the press or is it tradition or is the budget too tight? I don't see why a stylist is always seen as a bad thing or would give Letizia the image of a vain fashion princess who only concentrates on her looks. I think a stylist is very helpful for a woman in her position because he or she helps saving time and I understand time is a very precious element in the life of a crown princess. So instead of doing most things herself with only a little help from mummy in laws people Letizia could spend this time much better, either as quality time with her family or preparing her work. When looking at her these days I have the impression that her looks would definitely benefit from the professional organisation of her wardrobe and her hairstyle, a procedure that is more than ususal in her circles and nothing special at all. I wonder if there is a Queen or Crown Princess around at all who does not permanently have access to such a service because it helps to ease her every day life with work and family duties immensely.

If, the Queen does not have it it would be difficult to explain that the Princess had it or should need it. A stylist can help, but also a designer or a hairdresser can advise, without need of that should exist someone who receives a salary every month for doing this work. They have to have a correct aspect, neither are models nor live of their image ... the image is one more element, is important, but it is not necessary to to be anything central.

I do not believe that in the Zarzuela it is necessary that there is a person who receives a salary every month for doing it. Another thing, it is that if I believe that a women's increase is necessary. In Spain there is no court, is not " lady in waiting ", and great part of the personnel they are men and military ... it would be good that the Princess could have a secretary or an assistent that could help or advise in all kinds matters, and not only in the work.

In Spain there is no court, is not " lady in waiting ", and great part of the personnel they are men and military ... it would be good that the Princess could have a secretary or an assistent that could help or advise in all kinds matters, and not only in the work.

That's certainly true. This person maybe could help or advise in styling matters too.

Plus, if the personnel who assist the Princes of Asturias are mainly military men who are devoted to the King and the idea of Zarzuela I can imagine that there is no real privacy or intimacy for the princely couple or too much acknowledgement towards the role that Letizia occupies. So they can be sure that the King is always on top of things that are going on in their office (but I still don't think they should get their own). Must be a strange feeling for Letizia to give up all privacy not only in public but as well within the family or Zarzuela organisation.

The women personnel limits almost to maidens and babysitters ... up to the cook is a man:lol: ¡

The 5 most important charges of the House King; Chief, Secretary, Chief of Press and Chief of Protocol ... they are men and now they are of the diplomatic world (before also they were military, and if there was a woman who was chief of press). Also the Military Chief is. Later the Secretary of the Queen is also a military man, and military men are all the assistants who accompany them in the official acts. The Chief of the Secretariat of the Prince is a lawyer.

With the years the military presence has been diminishing, and has increased the presence of personnel of the diplomatic world ... but nonetheless there continue being many military men and many men.

The women personnel limits almost to maidens and babysitters ... up to the cook is a man:lol: ¡

The 5 most important charges of the House King; Chief, Secretary, Chief of Press and Chief of Protocol ... they are men and now they are of the diplomatic world (before also they were military, and if there was a woman who was chief of press). Also the Military Chief is. Later the Secretary of the Queen is also a military man, and military men are all the assistants who accompany them in the official acts. The Chief of the Secretariat of the Prince is a lawyer.

With the years the military presence has been diminishing, and has increased the presence of personnel of the diplomatic world ... but nonetheless there continue being many military men and many men.

Thank for explaining lula. So the first step towards emancipation has already been made by Letizia, giving birth to two girls, one of them being a future Queen. Guess there will be a new balance within Zarzuela's staff in the next decades ;)

In the old articles posted here, two military men were added to the Princes' team, one of them probably will take the role of being Letizia's private secretary. Considering King's own background, he probably trusts those military men more. So far they all have proved to be very loyal.

Maybe Zarzuela doesn't want to spend much money on hair stylists or makeup artists (except for big events or galas) since Queen Sofia seems to do it very well herself.
Leonor with messy hair when she went in for the Disney show.
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/817/iceleonor1rb2.jpg
At the exit of the show, her hair looked very neat after her grandma combed her hair.
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3816/iceleonor3dd0.jpg

Looking at the thread about Felipe and Letizia visiting Poland I must say that they are doing a very good job. they are a very matching couple and act very professional.
This is also why I cannot understand that so many Spanish people dislike them. :ermm:especially here in Catalunya. People don't seem to honour their work alot. many people in my environment don't like them at all.

I admit that I enjoy reading about many of the royal couples. Someone made the comment that they thought that Felipe was in love with Eva Sannum. For years I was of the opposite opinion and felt that she was just a good physical partner until someone for whom he could have deeper feelings for came along. He is no dummy.

I would have enjoyed seeing him marry a "royal" but I also would have liked to see Willem-Alexander marry a royal. (really aren't too many available is there). Both seems to have made a good match for themselves and are pampered and adored by their wives. What man wouldn't love to be in that situation! They both have partners that seem to suit them perfectly--isn't that what we all want in life.

I do believe that being the princess in Spain is a lot more difficult that being one in Holland due to the political situation. The Dutch can be more informal. Of course this is just my opinion.

Looking at the thread about Felipe and Letizia visiting Poland I must say that they are doing a very good job. they are a very matching couple and act very professional.
This is also why I cannot understand that so many Spanish people dislike them. :ermm:especially here in Catalunya. People don't seem to honour their work alot. many people in my environment don't like them at all.
i agree with you Princess Beatrix !me too i was always asking about way the spanish don't like this couple , for me they are a perfect couple ,:ermm:.

Catalunya is a more Republican region. Last year two young nationalists burned the pictures of the Kings. I have known lots of Spaniards who like the Princes and the royal family in general. I have never heard that the majority of the Spaniards nation wide disliked the Princes, who usually had the most fanfare whereever they went and it was quite obviously in Mostoles two weeks ago from what I saw on TV.

At the beggining I was proud to see a working class professional to have achieved so much at an early age. She had a good job and nice appareance. They both seem very much in love, specially him.

After a certain period of time I realised that we had not been informed about her past,
her divorce. The conservative members of my family were shocked.
Their relationship was of only 4 months and we didint have time to get used to her as a future queen.

Now I see her using bodyguards to frighten journalists and admirers and I am a bit confused. She was a journalist herself and according to other journalists she has intimidated a group of them at her house and in various social events. It is dissapointing to see her transformation. At the same time, I am reminded, each time I see her, of the social division in Spain.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the beggining I was proud to see a working class professional to have achieved so much at an early age. She had a good job and nice appareance. They both seem very much in love, specially him.

After a certain period of time I realised that we had not been informed about her past,
her divorce. The conservative members of my family were shocked.
Their relationship was of only 4 months and we didint have time to get used to her as a future queen.

Now I see her using bodyguards to frighten journalists and admirers and I am a bit confused. She was a journalist herself and according to other journalists she has intimidated a group of them at her house and in various social events. It is dissapointing to see her transformation. At the same time, I am reminded, each time I see her, of the social division in Spain.

What is wrong about her past???

She is divorced as many other women in this world, nothing special,
I don't see anything wrong about her past, what happens is that Peñafiel and some friends have ALWAYS wanted to say STUPID things and lies about princess Letizia because they never have accepted her due to she is a commoner and not a Nobel descendant.

All this rumors come from THAT HIDEOUS MAN that hates Princess Letizia and this what I'm saying isn't a lie.

So please this case about her pass it is dismissed and EVERYONE knows about that.:bang:

If you leave your yourself to influence for a group of "journalists" who devote themselves to harass the persons and to manipulate the information it is your question.

1. The Princess does not give orders to her bodyguards, they receive their orders of their Superiors. They are not the bodyguards of a famous personage who does not want that the press asks. They are the bodyguards of persons who are in risk of suffering terrorist assaults.

2. These journalists were not credited to be in the act... why? ... because the program of television to which they belong devotes itself to the gossip, to harassing the people, to manipulating, to lying. A few months ago a reporter of the same channel was shouting the King and was asking the people if they believed that the King had been an unfaithful person to his wife ... in the funeral of an uncle of the King ¡¡¡¡:eek:

3. They do not respect anybody, if they are not credited it is because their behavior is scandalous, and that try to put a microphone for the mouth to the princess, in order that she answers impertinent and bad-mannered questions ... it is not acceptable.

4. It is indecent, that the day that the terrorists have killed a person, these people this one provoking the bodyguards, and that commit the barbarity of showing their faces in television without any type of protection.

I have never heard of 'that man' but I receive the spanish press daily and I was in Spain at the time of the engagement. I studied journalism and I keep some friends in the field and they keep me updated of the current affairs. We are all happy that a journalist will be a future queen.

It is official that she was married to a man she was with for 10 years and that she was dating a famous journalist David Tejera until June, the engagement was in November. Of course we were all really liberal but when this was made official the conservatives were a bit in a shock.

Also the nude paintings are better to forget. But Letizia had to say to the press that she had posed with a white shirt and that the rest was created by the creator's imagination. I am mature enough to imagine what happened but obviously I attend the official version of her with an inmaculate white shirt.

We, as a society, were not given time enough to adapt to the new changes, as it happened with other royal aspirants. Time would have been helpful.

As for the bodyguards I have seen the videos and there have been many complaints all in the same line. But I obviously respect other people's opinions.

I understand there are many high-class and middle-class families that would never seen with good eyes a working class girl as a queen, but that was expected and new generations do not see class differences as relevant.

Last edited:
It is official that she was married to a man she was with for 10 years and that she was dating a famous journalist David Tejera until June, the engagement was in November. Of course we were all really liberal but when this was made official the conservatives were a bit in a shock.

Also the nude paintings are better not to be told. But Letizia had to say to the press that she had posed with a white shirt and that the rest was created by the creator's imagination. I am mature enough to imagine what happened but obviously I attend the official version of her with an inmaculate white shirt.

As for the bodyguards I have seen the videos and there have been many complaints all in the same line. But I obviously respect other people's opinions.

Letizia had never said such things, perhaps that's your own imagination too. Indeed she had a 10-year relation with a man and was married to him for a short while, her grandpa was a taxi driver, so what, she had never lied about it. She had dated David Tejera until June, there was no proof of it except for some gossips.
I have also seen the video, I don't see anything wrong on what the security agents did to this jumping-around journalist who tried to harrass people, plus she didn't even get close enough to let Letizia see her, it's nothing to Letizia who is not even the boss of those national security agents.

Last edited:
I have never heard of 'that man' but I receive the spanish press daily and I was in Spain at the time of the engagement. I studied journalism and I keep some friends in the field and they keep me updated of the current affairs. We are all happy that a journalist will be a future queen.

Also the nude paintings are better not to be told. But Letizia had to say to the press that she had posed with a white shirt and that the rest was created by the creator's imagination. I am mature enough to imagine what happened but obviously I attend the official version of her with an inmaculate white shirt.

We, as a society, were not given time enough to adapt to the new changes, as it happened with other royal aspirants. Time would have been helpful.

As for the bodyguards I have seen the videos and there have been many complaints all in the same line. But I obviously respect other people's opinions. Still is not my problem but I have my own opinion too.

Nobody knows when the relationship with her former boyfriend began, and nobody knows when it ended, and you are saying this, bacause you follows the press information,?????

Come on, if you say so, you don't know anything about Spanish press.

And you know I respect everybody opinion, but this is a forum and I think all in this one try to judge by TRUE facts and seriuos information, that things that you are saying about princess Letizia isn't true, in spain evey single person knows that, even me that are far away from them, and I don't need to be a jounalist to read serious Spanish magazines and newspapers and know what is true and what is a lie, THERE ARE TOO MUCH YELLOW PRESS IN THAT COUNTRY, and a certain upper class people who have been hateful with princess Letizia, you must to know that, due to you are a journalist, so please.

I don't know why everyone wants to say hideous things about princess letizia, ALWAYS has to be her.

And don't try to be ironical, about her inmaculate white shirt, you shouldn't be like that because you as a journalist you gonna handle information and you have to be objective and no malipulate it.

Last edited:
Really the Princess could never have spoken, one could never have defended from the quantity of barbarities that any journalists and a group of persons obsessed with things be inventing on her in an Internet forum have devoted themselves to spread without any scruple.

But the life is long and the obstinate truth. Certain people have earned and earn a lot of money with this ... but everything finishes. And there will come the moment, in which the people say that this is sufficient, and already they are starting it doing.

The Princess is doing her work responsibly and dignity, and the feeling respect between the serious press is increasing, and every time they are readier to say it is enough.

Last week a journalist who goes many years being employed at the information of the Royal House, she was saying that already it was enought, that the Princess was doing well her work, and that after 4 years already it was enought of so much senseless assault. Even she was admitting that the press was judging the Princess always with many more hardness that to any other member of the Royal Family.

This week is El País Semanal the one that approaches the Princess.

It seems that the serious press is decide to give a step advance, to finish with an unjust treatment and to show more the reality of the one who is and that the Princess does ... because the reality is that though she appears a lot in tv, she is a great stranger.

Last edited:
Btw as a jurnalist you should know "that man" Jaime Peñafiel - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

He know everything the best about everybody even more than themselves know.
First he hate the Queen now the Pricess of Asturias. Btw he has something against the King and SRF...
So why someone like him can be objective?

«No quise ver morir a - Panorama - laverdad.es

Last edited:
I remember the words of the royal press agency about the 'inmaculate white shirt' because I used to watch TVE1 at the time. I am going to look for the news reporting as it was well-known at the time. Unless TVE1 is not a good source which It might well be the case.

David Tejera himself was his official boyfriend until June. Felip and her met in February but at first they were only friends. It was during the summer, after Tejera's break up when they dated. That was the official version I had.

The bodyguards videos I reffer to are a few. First after the engagement in a shopping centre where a jounalist was badly injured, another time when Letizia was shopping in Zara in C/ Princesa, now at an event. I have been seeing similar videos and It never happens to others.
Neither to other members of the Spanish Royal family ever.

In Spain we have a good team of professionals, that study for 5 years to be able to work as journalists.
The press is respectful to most celebrities and specially to the Royal Family but not necesarily to letizia or ana obregon, that is true.

Last edited:
Ah that man! He worked for Hola for decades. Really high-class himself. I can understand, middle and high classes specially in Madrid are quite conservative. Obviously less than the british establishment but similar to it.

I remember the words of the royal press agency about the 'inmaculate white shirt' because I used to watch TVE1 at the time. I am going to look for the news reporting as it was well-known at the time. Unless TVE1 is not a good source which It might well be the case.

David Tejera himself was his official boyfriend until June. Felip and her met in February but at first they were only friends. It was during the summer, after Tejera's break up when they dated. That was the official version I had.

The bodyguards videos I reffer to are a few. First after the engagement in a shopping centre where a jounalist was badly injured, another time when Letizia was shopping in Zara in C/ Princesa, now at an event. I have been seeing similar videos and It never happens to others.

In Spain we have a good team of professionals, that study for 5 years to be able to work as journalists.
The press is respectful to most celebrities and specially to the Royal Family but not necesarily to letizia or ana obregon, that is true.

ABOUT Princess Letizia buying in a mall, she wasn't ALONE, she was with Prince Felipe, and at that time He hated PRESS AROUDN HIM,now is different, but yes this happened, but it wasn't Letizia's fault, I don't know why you insist in saying things that makes her look like a unsociable person.

About her former relationship nobody knows, and I can tell you even I don't know if this is true, BUT a Prince Felipe friend said that she was ALONE when Prince Felipe and Letizia began to date early 2003, so There hasn't been an OFFICIAL information about her past Love life , all that exist about her past have been rumors, I reply: EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

Last edited:

Letizia had never said she had posed for the painter, in the Tiempo magazine titled '15 truths and lies about Letizia' actually denied that she had ever posed for the painter.
Official version ? Did the royal house tell you so ? :lol: I think you already got some of the basic infos wrong, no need to continue to discuss all your unfounded rumors, gossips and the images only seen by you LOL :lol:.

Ah that man! He worked for Hola for decades. Really high-class himself. I can understand, middle and high classes specially in Madrid are quite conservative. Obviously less than the british establishment but similar to it.

Yes, he work in Hola, but he left the magazine and later he founded the ownone that failed, and was judged for publishing a Franco's illegal photos agonizing. He is divorced and married by the second time, and his daughter died because she had problems of drugs. This is the man who judges, criticizes and insults the Princess ... a real example of straight life.:rolleyes: He was forgotten enough, and he took advantage of the arrival of an easy victim to do business and to recover the lost fame. Now he is a cartoon of himself that every time degenerates more. Certainly, he believes that he is very important and hates that the Royal House does not give him a fauvoured position, since there was doing Franco whom he was accompanying in his hunts.

Certainly, in Spain like in any country there are conservative sectors, but I do not believe that nowadays it is an excessively conservative country. I believe that it is more critic, and in many occasions hypocrite that conservative. Some of the richest and powerful families of this country are replete with scandals. Many of the critiques or histories on the Princess, come from the hypocrisy and the false morality.

Last edited:
About that nude paintings, spanish television spoke about an inmaculate white shirt. And this forum about no conection btween them even when they both worked together.

elmundo.es - Letizia Ortiz, musa del pintor cubano Waldo Saavedra

For better or worse, El Mundo is one of the elite newspapers and almost 'the official' true for left-conservatives. El Pais is left-wing and ABC is monarchical and very conservative. I still think Spain is a very conservative country specially Madrid. It has to be necessarily after decades of extreme-right ideology. At least the class system is highly marked despite the recent economical development of the middle classes.

At that time she worked selling cigarrettes in the streets of Mexico while working in a newspaper with the painter. I personally find her a quite transparent woman, a result of the recent economical and social changes in Spain.

Attachments

• letiziamexico.jpg
    letiziamexico.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 165
  • letiziamexico1.jpg
    letiziamexico1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
ABOUT THE NUDE PAINTINGS:

THIS IS ONE OF THE MAIN ELITE NEWSPAPERS WE HAVE IN SPAIN. I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THE OFFICIAL VERSION IS NOT ACCEPTED BY SOME MEMBERS OF THE FORUM. THIS DOES NOT MAKE HER BETTER OR WORSE.

So she was on Waldo's painting, what's new about it ? The article said nothing about her posing wearing a white shirt. Jaime Penafiel also wrote weekly column for the 'elite' newspaper Elmundo, so whatever he said must be an official version being accepted by all the members of this forum LOL :lol:.

About that nude paintings, spanish television spoke about an inmaculate white shirt. And this forum about no conection btween them even when they both worked together.

For better or worse, El Mundo is one of the elite newspapers and almost 'the official' true for left-conservatives. El Pais is left-wing and ABC is monarchical and very conservative.

Yeah, there are nude paintings using her Image, even in the article the painter say that, when He used Princess Letizia's face she has come back to spain for so long, so nobody is denied that paintings, what we are saying is that SHE NEVER POSED NUDE FOR HIM, the article say that clearly.

But as you say before, yes This doesn't make her better or worse, but you said that you don't have clear her past, because of her paintings and you say that your family where SHOKCED with that, so you are contradicted yourself.

It is a bit boring to talk about that paintings to be honest:

'Aquella vez, Letizia Ortiz acudió a visitar otra muestra del artista y le pidió una entrevista.
En uno de sus múltiples encuentros, el pintor le habló a la futura Reina de España de su idea de rendir homenaje a los artistas que más han influido en su obra y de emplear su imagen en ellos. A Letizia Ortiz "le pareció divertido" que su rostro sirviera para homenajear a Magrit, Goya o Picasso, entre otros'.

That explains, they were good friends, that she asked hi for an interview. She became her muse and she thought it was 'amusing' at the time. Still El Mundo is a good point of reference if no the best.

It is not better or worse. but we were in a family lunch and had TVE1 on for a few minutes to hear the news, and they talked about the 'inmaculate white shirt' and my grandfather was a bit in a shock because he is a member f the conservative party and quite conservative himself. But for me, I was quite neutral. I do not live in Spain anymore and I am just curious about it.

Last edited:
El Mundo is considered to be probably the most yellow newspaper inside the serious Spanish press. In occasions they are slightly respectful with the intimacy of the people, though curiously a few years ago his director obtained a judicial order in order that a television was not emitting a video of him with a woman who was not his wife. He asks for respect for him, but in his newspaper he does not respect the others.:rolleyes:

It is a bit boring to talk about that paintings to be honest:

'Aquella vez, Letizia Ortiz acudió a visitar otra muestra del artista y le pidió una entrevista.
En uno de sus múltiples encuentros, el pintor le habló a la futura Reina de España de su idea de rendir homenaje a los artistas que más han influido en su obra y de emplear su imagen en ellos. A Letizia Ortiz "le pareció divertido" que su rostro sirviera para homenajear a Magrit, Goya o Picasso, entre otros'.

That explains, they were good friends, that she asked hi for an interview. She became her muse and she thought it was 'amusing' at the time. Still El Mundo is a good point of reference if no the best.

It mentioned clearly about her face appearing on Waldo's painting, nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom