The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Crisañaki, may be you can help me.

I didn't succeed to upload the El Pais 's video. As I did the process I receive this message :" Sorry, we could not upload your file. Please double check and make sure it is within the allowed file types and try again"

May be, it's because the video is too old to be uploading. What is your opinion ? Thanks for your answer

Old 03-18-2006, 02:42 AM
Nobility

Thank you Genevieve for those photos. They were so beautiful.

Old 03-18-2006, 06:29 AM
Moderator Emeritus

With respect to smile of Letizia, that some think that it is false, I wuould like to say something.
Letizia is Princess of Asturias. All the days she see to many people and for those people wiil be a unic occasion in life to be able to know her or to speak with her. I believe that the smile of Letizia is true, but sometimes can be tired or she can be badly, and is in those days when Letizia must, although does not want, to put her better smile by respect to all that people who go out to see it.

if, I spoke or saw a day the I Would like remember Princess it to me, with affection and remember his enormous smile, and as me all people, and Letizia knows it.

This girl will have a very good memory of the day that meet to the Princess, for that reason the Principes knows that always they must offer his better smile .
Old 03-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Serene Highness

What bothers me about Felipe?
A lot.
1.I think he is very arrogant.
I have seen him twice in real life and both times he was speaking unfriendly to journalists and people surrounding him.
And all the time he has this "I am so important"-attitude.
2.He looks like an emotionally handicapped idiot to me.
For example, he was unable to kiss his wife on his wedding day but holds his mother's hand at the engagement and at the wedding.
Oh, those Spanish machos and their mothers!

What bothers me about Letizia?
I definitely like her much better than Felipe.
Once I thought she would become my favorite but it didn't happen.
I admire her a lot for what she has achieved on her own before her marriage and I think she is an intelligent, sincere and beautiful person.
I also don't think she is cold, although she may not have Maxima's warmth.
But honestly, as a princess she just seems to be a mis-/displaced person to me.
She may work more than other princesses but I think it's the quality that counts not the quantity.
And the quality of her appearances in the first year was not the best.
(I also don't think that her duties are more important or more challenging than those of other princesses - as it is said so often here).
I think it's strange that two so different women like Mette-Marit and Letizia (regarding what they achieved professionally)
both needed a child first to get more secure and happy and fulfill their duties better.

But what really, really bothers and even at times annoys me is that Letizia has not done anything on her own until now (although it was announced in January 2005 that she would).
In a documentary that I saw around the time of the wedding it was said that Letizia is a model for the modern Spanish woman.
I wonder what is she now?

The Spanish RF's way of handling these things just does not appeal to me.
And I must say that I have totally lost my interest in this couple therefore.
Sorry, they just don't work for me.

But of course, things may change again one day.:)
Old 03-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Nobility

Well... of course I am not in agreement with ricarda. I think that you really do not know the personality of prince Felipe of Spain but I am Spanish and know better than you to "my" prince and i can say that he is an amiable man, educated, very friendly and very natural... it is to say nothing compared with which you have written. Letizia is a very intelligent woman and I think that from the first day she has known to perfectly do her work and day to day this doing better .Other princess are dedicated to see parades fashionable instead of doing something important by her country. I respect your opinion ricarda but I think you are not these good informed about princes of Spain
Old 03-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
2.He looks like an emotionally handicapped idiot to me.
For example, he was unable to kiss his wife on his wedding day but holds his mother's hand at the engagement and at the wedding.
Sure, kissing each other on the lips in front of the crowds and million people watching wedding on TV would be just PERFECT thing to do just two months after terrorist's attacks in Madrid, when 199 people died
He was unable to kiss her? I'm sure they decided together not to do it. They dedicated their wedding mass to the victims of M-11, so it would be very out of place. Furthermore, neighter Elena nor Cristina kissed their husbant during the wedding.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

La Chica Madrilena you are totaly right in you analysis and for your notice about the Infantas.About the Princes of Asturias, for me not only their behaviour are those of very passionate lovers when they are nearest each others( remember the Athenes's sequence) but also i'm sure that have to pay attention to avoid showing more often their love in public activities. In France we have a sentence which is saying :" Qui trop embrasse mal étreint ".
Old 03-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Sure, kissing each other on the lips in front of the crowds and million people watching wedding on TV would be just PERFECT thing to do just two months after terrorist's attacks in Madrid, when 199 people died
He was unable to kiss her? I'm sure they decided together not to do it. They dedicated their wedding mass to the victims of M-11, so it would be very out of place. Furthermore, neighter Elena nor Cristina kissed their husbant during the wedding.
Chica de mi corazon ,

I believe that if Felipe and Letizia decided to kiss on altar nothing bad would happen... but they decided not to... like Cristina, Elena the Kings, and several members of SRF at their wedding... we must accept and respect it and not consider it as some kind of handicap... the way they kissed and hugged seemed to me as loving and tender as all the smouching that could have existed...

One can show emotion, love and tenderness in thousand... billion ways without going for Hollywoodesc kisses which are very nice:o , but it's not their way... the way they caressed eachother hands throughout the cerimony was their way to show "I'm here for you, I love you and I am so happy we are getting married!" and several other thoughts that I don't dare to think of , ihihihih ...

But Ricarda is entitled to her opinion, that's what this thread is for ...

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 03-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Courtier

Ricarda
I don't understand why you have to compare princess Letizia with other one, I don't find the necesity for that, it would be weird if all the princesses look and act in the same way. I REALLY DON'T SEE THE POINT.
What make me admire princess Letizia is her unique personality.
And what respect prince Felipe, maybe he wasn't too friendly because of his shyness, but now He is a happy man, and has let people know him more.:)
Old 03-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's obvious I find the Princes of Asturias very fantastic; but in this curious thread in fact on theirs qualities and/or theirs faults I didn't find one interesting point of vue about the couple : his evolution since his engagement.

I'm going to explain me:

First they were making a psychologic an esthetic shock; overnight they were becoming a mythic emblem of a tremadous love story;

Then, they had to fighting against a lot of archaic ideas about the Letizia 's social statut;about, may be, a wrong Felipe's portrait;

All this considrations even though they hardly know themselves;

And the last, the further life they go, the stronger their love get, boosting their mutual self-esteem in palpable way;

It's this precise point which is very notable and making them so radiant as if themself would have some surprise to be so succesfull the one towards the else.

I think it's their main victory.... WITH LEONOR OBVIOUSLY
Old 03-24-2006, 04:58 AM
Gentry

Okay, I like the crown princely couple, but there's something about Felipe that just isn't right.

To me, he doesn't seem to reciprocate the emotions and (perhaps) feelings to Letizia in the manner she does to him, at least publicly. Even though they've been married for over a year (almost two), it seems as though she is in this marriage more than Felipe. Obviously I'm judging by the pictures posted all over this forum and therefore it doesn't mean that it is true; remember, this is simply my impression.

Maybe my uncertainty stems from the fact that they didn't have a long courtship as say Mary and Frederick or even Felipe's relationship with Eva Sannum.

But I applaud their dedication to their country.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Aristocracy

I admire Letizia for her intellignece, personality and work. She will be a good queen. Things were not easy at the beginning because of her status of divorcee etc..., and she was not the SRF's choice. But with time, she proved to be a very dedicated person, willing to serve her country.
And Leonor's arrival has been a real victory for her.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Peaches your opinion is notable but not very understable because it's a pur matter of fact in a first time and for every body that Felipe looks more involve in their love story than Letizia.It's the reason why the Letizia' s detractors said that the Princess was badly arriviste.
Furthermore you have to observe a very genuine behaviour of felipe towards Letizia, as you know the spanish protocol is quiet rigid and the consort has to have a respectfull attitude towards the crown prince; I you are watching the Felipe' gestuelle, you can see that at each time as he can do it, he is putting Letizia before the archaic rules: for example, he took her hand to do enter in the same rank at an official act; very often he is taking her by the waist to give her a bigger feeling of her position than the protocole permited it.
This gestuelle is very discreat and subtil but not enough for the reactionary people who saids it is Letizia who is not respectfully the rules.

For me, the Felipe's behaviour is more the one of very well educted man, is that one of a very in love man who want showing his feeling in very delicate way respecting the main lines of the rigid protocol whithout hesitating broken it to valuing the woman of his life. It's more than a dipolamatic exercice, it's a proof of deep love.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
Well... of course I am not in agreement with ricarda. I think that you really do not know the personality of prince Felipe of Spain but I am Spanish and know better than you to "my" prince and i can say that he is an amiable man, educated, very friendly and very natural... it is to say nothing compared with which you have written. Letizia is a very intelligent woman and I think that from the first day she has known to perfectly do her work and day to day this doing better .Other princess are dedicated to see parades fashionable instead of doing something important by her country. I respect your opinion ricarda but I think you are not these good informed about princes of Spain
As I said - my opinion is based on observations I made.
I saw Felipe twice and both times he acted in a very arrogant way.
How do you know he is friendly, natural, amiable...?

If I see him again and he behaves well then I might change my opinion.:)

Oh, the fashion parades argument!
Sorry, but I think that ever occurring argument is really ridiculous.
Because besides fashion parades other princesses are engaged for very important causes like PaVEM (Maxima),
Microcredit Finance (Maxima, Mathilde), Mental Health Associations (Mette-Marit, Mary), UNF (Mary)
and many, many other organisations (I can't mention them all).
They all do something important for their countries and they manage to do it on their own.
And to play the ball back: I think you are not that good informed about them.

To catanga
Comparing princesses is what most of us do on this board and many did in this thread. I did not invent it.
I don't want Letizia to be like any other princess, one has to have his/her own personality.
And in my post I actually did not write that she should be like any other princess.

I just said what I like and what I dislike (this thread is called: What do you like/dislike?, isn't it).
And I happen to think Letizia should do things on her own in her own way.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:12 PM

Smile

well said !
Old 04-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Commoner

I know both Infantas, Cristina, is prettier but Elena is more elegant and simpathic.
Cristina is distant, quiet and more serious while Elena is the contrary, very kind and gentle, always smiling and making jokes.
I love her kids, for me are the most handsome of all.
It is a pitty that Elena is not the heiress to the throne, she married a noble, the son of a Count and as I love traditions I really felt sorry that Felipe wasnīt forced to give his rights to his sister after making such a bad marriage with a divorced women, with no religion and in favour of abortion, knaw Letizia, seems to have change but I donīt think that this is something that you can change from one day to the other.
I do not intend to offend anybody, is my opinion.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudia
I know both Infantas
When you say that, do you mean that you know a lot about them or that you actually know them?
Old 04-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Courtier

I think Elena is happy that she's not the heiress to the throne. She looks pretty content with her life. She can go on vacations, buy all the Chanel and Lacroix that she wants without people bitching who's money she's spending. And besides, not too many people are fond of her husband. Look at Felipe and Letizia, every move they make is analyzed and need I say criticized.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:31 AM
Nobility

claudia I am not in agreement with you on a point each one thinks what he wants but daN sle bottom one does not know really what letizia of the religion thought the causes of its divorce and his way of being I think only the people more placed for that and more than the press are its family and the prince and especially it same I imagine well that it was not perfect for is posted but I believe that it made a number of consequent effort but your way of thinking to be also good little and as each one has its opinion I cannot give you wrong:( :)
Quote:
I know both Infantas, Cristina, is prettier but Elena is more elegant and simpathic.
Cristina is distant, quiet and more serious while Elena is the contrary, very kind and gentle, always smiling and making jokes.
It is a pitty that Elena is not the heiress to the throne, she married a noble, the son of a Count and as I love traditions I really felt sorry that Felipe wasnīt forced to give his rights to his sister after making such a bad marriage with a divorced women, with no religion and in favour of abortion, knaw Letizia, seems to have change but I donīt think that this is something that you can change from one day to the other.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Myself agree not that cristina be less nearby... I believe that is the simplest one in all alone senses one must see them

Closed Thread