The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Aristocracy

Nothing bothers me about them. But then, at the same time, nothing about them really interests me. I mean, I seriously look at one or two pics of them and then turn to something else that is more interesting.

I found Letizia before to be a woman who, is not cold, but someone who does not show warmth easily. As in, she shows compassion but she's not the type of person that makes your heart feel happy whenever she smiles. I'm not comparing her, but for example when Princess Maxima smiles, she really glows.

Its almsot like Letizia has been smiling all her life to cameras and has created a smile that is not real. But ever since she's given birth to her little girl, you could truly tell she's happy.

So I've warmed up to her ever since, but I still do find them quite boring. I'm more interested in seeing them when they're holidaying, or visiting the parents or at the olympics. Its less serious, and its more fun and sometimes you see a photo that makes you smile.
Tiff

Old 03-10-2006, 03:57 PM

to be honest ,in fact I do not care about them !
they are humans with qualities and defaults as everybody !
I don't know them but I'm not warm up by this couple !

Old 03-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Serene Highness

Nothing bothers me about them. Their love seems like a fairytale just like the other CPs.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Courtier

They arent my favourite royal couple..I dont find Letizia tender or warm...Is my humble opinion :)
Old 03-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

About the tenderness of LETIZIA, if you remenber the LEONOR's press presentation, you don't forgot some delicious moments when the princess was so moved by her baby that she was whispering so tender onomatopeias to her and a journalist of Diez minoutros noticed that writing that the Princess was making some yu, yu so tender for her little girl.

It's very strange because the video exits and we can heard the so charming sound but nobody was speaking about that as if it was indecent to accept the idea of a tender princess !!!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I am going to repeat my thread. So that it is understood better, my ingles is quite bad.

Princess Letizia has changed to her life much in the last two years. Now it she has reponsabilities that before nontapeworm, she work in clase of subjects that has although not heard to speak in her life, she has a daughter ( Future Queen), and she is in a posicion(Princess), in which she feels observed, everybody this slope of which she does, which she says, what clothes she take, if she is handsome one if she is ugly one, if she says something bad... , if she is thin, fat... stop .

It is normal that sometimes she feels under a lot of estress , she had very just a short time to adapt to this new life.
The unic thing that we must to do, is to give her a little time, time for she to adapts to her new life.
She is an intelligent, cultured woman and mainly to if that if now we see her estress it is normal.
Letizia has all the conditions to be a great Princess of Asturias and to contribute monarchy one vision very near feeling of the town, and very fine ear to hear from the palace the emotions of the Spanish people.:)
Old 03-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Courtier

ok, some people don't care about them, perhaps because they don't know them.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
About the tenderness of LETIZIA, if you remenber the LEONOR's press presentation, you don't forgot some delicious moments when the princess was so moved by her baby that she was whispering so tender onomatopeias to her and a journalist of Diez minoutros noticed that writing that the Princess was making some yu, yu so tender for her little girl.

It's very strange because the video exits and we can heard the so charming sound but nobody was speaking about that as if it was indecent to accept the idea of a tender princess !!!!!
i would love to see that video, adelaide. unfortunately i could only see pictures of that day... :( anyone knows where i can find it?

i don't know why to so many people letizia doesn't look tender. to me she does, not only before the birth of leonor but also before (how many pictures of letizia with her niece, carla, or with victoria or the children of cristina do we have?) i think there wasn't any princess that we could see playing or holding hands with the in laws-children. i can't remember mary playing with nikolai or felix, mette marit with maud or leah, mathilde with any of her nephews or maxima with hers. yet all of them seem to people more tender than letizia. i can't understand it sometimes. it even went to the point of saying that letizia doesn't love leonor. however, this was said in a very stupid forum, with the only purpose of critisising her. in what kind of sick mind can this thoughts emerge?

i think letizia's detractors won't give up and can't accept that letizia is much higher than what they can say. bad for them, because letizia accepted it long ago, i'm sure.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Carlotta, find thereby the link of the video, i hope it's works

http://www.elpais.esELPAIS.esESPECIAL

It was a special serie on the Leonor's birth
Old 03-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
2. With threads like these or the one about Fred & Mary we are opening fields for trolls, look what happened in Royal Blue Forums
We are not Royal Blue. Let's not discuss what happened at Royal Blue here; how RB is run is separate from how TRF is run.

Furthermore, the Frederik & Mary thread has lasted for several weeks now without any problems. Let's not anticipate problems where there aren't any.

This thread is about why members like or dislike Felipe and Letizia; let's stick to that topic, please.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator
Old 03-10-2006, 11:34 PM
Aristocracy

the only thing i dont like about Letizia is that so far she hasnt gone to events alone but that will come in the future. otherwise for now she is doing a decent job. i understand why people say she doesnt come across as warm. i felt the same way at first but after the birth of leonor she seemed warmer so for now i'll cut her some slack for that. time will tell.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Carlotta, find thereby the link of the video, i hope it's works

http://www.elpais.esELPAIS.esESPECIAL

It was a special serie on the Leonor's birth
The link wasn't working for me:(
Old 03-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Courtier

The link does not work for me either...

www.one.org
Old 03-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I apologize because I'm trying too with this link and I didn't succeed also.

The problem is I have this stereo on my disc dur, if some body can explain me how I can loaded it to share with you this very cut moment, i will do it immediatly. Thank you in advance.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I apologize because I'm trying too with this link and I didn't succeed also.

The problem is I have this stereo on my disc dur, if some body can explain me how I can loaded it to share with you this very cut moment, i will do it immediatly. Thank you in advance.
You can upload it at www.supload.com there's an option for uploading video and follow the instructions

Thanks in advance
Old 03-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Many thanks Crisiñaki for the information. I am begining the process by puting the article in the good place ( very difficult for me, please don't laugh....) As i am tired after that, to morrow i shall do the most important operation the loading. You have to pray for i should spent a good night without technical nightmare......hihihihihihi
Old 03-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff_tiff_tiff2000
Nothing bothers me about them. But then, at the same time, nothing about them really interests me. I mean, I seriously look at one or two pics of them and then turn to something else that is more interesting.
I see your point on this because they attend so many events that are very serious in nature that it's hard to let loose and have fun. They are both also very professional and sometimes being professional isn't charismatic or captivating.

Maybe if once in a while they attended a less serious event without politicians or so, like a fashion show or a carnival, they could be more relaxed and be less serious or concentrated in the activities of their hosts.

Quote:
I found Letizia before to be a woman who, is not cold, but someone who does not show warmth easily. As in, she shows compassion but she's not the type of person that makes your heart feel happy whenever she smiles. I'm not comparing her, but for example when Princess Maxima smiles, she really glows.
Well, very few of the princesses have smiles that radiate the way Maxima's does. Hers is a natural exuberance that is hard to match.

But how can one look at pictures of a recent event attended by Felipe and Letizia where two little blind girls greeted them and not see warmth in Letizia?

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 17: March 2006
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 17: March 2006

Especially I am thinking of these pictures, where first Letizia touches the little girl's chin, caresses her cheek then allows the little girl to touch her face:
http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=225qg.jpg
http://img324.imageshack.us/my.php?image=215tt.jpg
http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php...e=29503_15.jpg

How can Letizia be cold hearted when she allows a little girl to touch her face so that she can see how pretty she is?

Quote:
Its almsot like Letizia has been smiling all her life to cameras and has created a smile that is not real.
Unlike some of the other princesses who have been plucked from obscurity, Letizia has been in the public eye for many years now, in her own right and as a royal person. Of course she's developed a smile that is camera ready for times when she is tired or isn't feeling up to it, especially when you think that she has something going on at least half the week. It would be easy to have a genuine smile if you were well rested because each week you only did one thing.

But how can a smile like this one http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.php...ge=28232_2.jpg or this one http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php?...e=29868_17.jpg or this one http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php...112566_004.jpg not be considered genuine, real or straight from the heart?

Old 03-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Its almsot like Letizia has been smiling all her life to cameras and has created a smile that is not real. But ever since she's given birth to her little girl, you could truly tell she's happy.

So I've warmed up to her ever since, but I still do find them quite boring. I'm more interested in seeing them when they're holidaying, or visiting the parents or at the olympics. Its less serious, and its more fun and sometimes you see a photo that makes you smile.
Tiff

Well said, Tiff.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Many thanks Crisiñaki for the information. I am begining the process by puting the article in the good place ( very difficult for me, please don't laugh....) As i am tired after that, to morrow i shall do the most important operation the loading. You have to pray for i should spent a good night without technical nightmare......hihihihihihi
You are most welcome and I'm looking forward to see the video posted :)
Old 03-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Royal Highness

I have nothing against Felipe and Letizia. Quite the opposite; I like them! They seem like hard-working royal couple who love each other and their daughter very much. I may not follow them as strictly as some other royal families, but that doesn't mean I hate them or have an agenda against them. :)

I was just wondering why a lot of the time it's always Princess X vs. Princess Y. You can have both worlds. :)