The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I think that Letizia had to confess the truth about her past, the divorce , nude pictures and her relationship with Waldo Saavedra and David Tejera.

I applaud Mette-Marit who chose the best way. She confess that she took drugs. I think Letizia had to do same.

I have interest in which the Princess Letizia does well and of responsible form, before being Princess. I am not interested in her private life, it is her past, and in that moment she only had responsibility with herself, she does not have to apologize before anybody.

A thing is to consume drugs that it is a criminal act ... and other one very different had a husband and a boyfriend. So please...

Certainly, do you believe that the Infanta Elena must comment on all the details on her separation to the press?

Old 05-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I think that Letizia would had to confess the truth about her past, the divorce , nude pictures and her relationship with Waldo Saavedra and David Tejera.

I applaud Mette-Marit who chose the best way what she could. She confessed the truth that she had taken drugs. I think Letizia would had to do same.
Please post that "nude pictures" that you are talking about. I am not aware that there are such nude pictures. All I know is that the painter Saavedra painted her face- from a picture which she was wearing a camisa, to a topless body, and that this happened 2 years after she has left Mexico and has returned to Spain. I choose to believe this because the painter himself acknowledged this.

I don't expect Letizia to give interviews and answer these because no one in the Spanish Royal family gives interviews just to answer the rumors, they do interviews for serious and worthy topics only. And I applaud them for that because they are symbols of Spain and not like any other celebrities.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
I applaud Mette-Marit who chose the best way what she could. She confessed the truth that she had taken drugs. I think Letizia had to do same.
I think you have a point here Guido and I think that one reason for stories about the past circulating forever is the non-existing courtship for the spanish public. MM or Maxima had to clear their way or reveal their pasts before the engagement or wedding, and then this was it, people calmed down a bit. Letizia was basically thrown at the spanish public and presented as fiancee and people felt that her CV was partly presented in a much more pleasant way that it actually was: Divorced? Oh, no problem, that's only reflecting society (Queen Sofia will have shuddered, I am sure). Family? Letizia was presented as the spanish Christiane Amanpour and as kind of a descendant of a journalistic dynasty formed by Granny & Daddy. Erika's partner was named "esposo" what can be interpreted as "husband" and a "sculptor" whilst he was unemployed, divorce papers were publicly hidden away (the council asked for money to buy a safe) etc etc. It was all hush hush were a clear word and honesty would probably have been more appropriate. I personally think that consorts who bring along plebeian problems (divorce, drugs, embarrassing family etc) and marry into first class royalty will be one reason for their downfall, no matter what country concerned. Unfortunately the days of QE II or Queen Sofia will soon be over and sadly missed.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Commoner

I do not think Letizia has to confess anything, it is already in her biography.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAna View Post
I do not think Letizia has to confess anything, it is already in her biography.
Yes indeed, it is already in her biography that she was married for a year and then divorced. We all know that, so nothing new really.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Relationship of Letizia and David Tejera. David and Letizia DID live together while Letizia was dating with Felipe.

David Tejera :: Foro Loco

David Tejera, también presentador de CNN+, se convirtió en su novio extraoficial durante los primeros meses de 2003, poco antes de conocer la relación de la periodista con el heredero de la Corona española. Letizia y Tejera llegaron a vivir juntos, incluso diversos medios de comunicación han dicho que la futura reina todavía vivía con Tejera cuando conoció al Príncipe.

David Tejera :: Foro Loco

Vivió con Tejera desde 2001 hasta verano del 2003. Tres o cuatro meses después de su ruptura con Tejera, se presentó al mundo como flamante prometida de Felizpito, dispuesta a sacrificarse por los españoles y convertirse en Princesa d´Asturies y futura Reina de las Españas.

"Fué una decisión muy meditada"- dijeron ambos en un alarde humorístico que recordaba a los mejores años de Tip y Coll.
"Cuándo y dónde se conocieron?"- preguntó un periodista curiosón del que no se ha vuelto a saber nada.

Titubeo... risas nerviosas... "cuentalo tú"... "no, tú".... y el pobre Tejera enterandose por la tele de su nominación a cornudo del año. Y es que Letizia, que era una chica muy lista y relista, supo enseguida que donde se pusiera un Príncipe, se quitara el gordito mofletón de CNN+.
Just because some tabloids wrote some garbages, it must be the truth ? Letizia lived with David Tejera ? Where did they live ? Letizia lived at her own apartment, the one being passed down to Erika, and Tejera had never lived there. At the beginning, many also claimed that Letizia's ex was divorced previously before her, absolutely no truth to it.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I think that Letizia should have confessed the truth about her past, the divorce , nude pictures and her relationship with Waldo Saavedra and David Tejera.

I applaud Mette-Marit who chose the best way what she could. She confessed the truth that she had taken drugs. I think Letizia should have done the same.
You are comparing apple and orange. Mette-Marit said 'sorry' because her ex boyfriend is still holding a sex/drug tape of her. Nobody has to apologize to the public because she was divorced and having previous relation. Do you also expect Elena to apologize in public ? The painter had no nude pictures of her, he had said it very clearly on TV.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think you have a point here Guido and I think that one reason for stories about the past circulating forever is the non-existing courtship for the spanish public. MM or Maxima had to clear their way or reveal their pasts before the engagement or wedding, and then this was it, people calmed down a bit. Letizia was basically thrown at the spanish public and presented as fiancee and people felt that her CV was partly presented in a much more pleasant way that it actually was: Divorced? Oh, no problem, that's only reflecting society (Queen Sofia will have shuddered, I am sure). Family? Letizia was presented as the spanish Christiane Amanpour and as kind of a descendant of a journalistic dynasty formed by Granny & Daddy. Erika's partner was named "esposo" what can be interpreted as "husband" and a "sculptor" whilst he was unemployed, divorce papers were publicly hidden away (the council asked for money to buy a safe) etc etc. It was all hush hush were a clear word and honesty would probably have been more appropriate. I personally think that consorts who bring along plebeian problems (divorce, drugs, embarrassing family etc) and marry into first class royalty will be one reason for their downfall, no matter what country concerned. Unfortunately the days of QE II or Queen Sofia will soon be over and sadly missed.
Absolutely no need to compare the press of different cuntries, the intensity hasn't been the same. Maxima or MM can get away some trivalities that Letizia probably will not be able to get away in Spain. Their siblings and parents have also been treated differently by the press too. I doubt it has anything to do with a known girlfriend or not, if the same damn thing can be repeated million times the last 41/2 years by the likes of Jaime Penafiel, whether it was firstly said before the engagement or after the engagement simply makes no difference. I don't expect the British media to stop scrutinize Kate after she becomes William's wife. Luckily for her that the paparazzis in Britain haven't been harassing the families of those commoner wives, not even the Spencer family.
Letizia didn't make up her education or employment history. She was a public figure, whatever she achieved was out there for everyone to see. About refering Antonio Vigor as Erika's husband, it was not from the royal house. In Spain, lots of couples living together for years with kids refered to each other as husband and wife even without a marriage certificate, ex. the director of El Mundo and his fashion designer 'wife'. About divorce papers being locked, it was to prevent others from stealing for making profits. Divorce papers are personal items, not for public to view, we have never seen the divorce paper of Joachim and Alexandra, I don't think we will see the divorce paper of Elena and Jaime in the future.
Unfortunately these days, we can't find QEII and Sofia even among the blue blood royals.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:42 AM
Majesty

Closed for moderator review.

Closed Thread