The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Duke, I believe that the problem of the Prince that waits exists in all the Monarchies.

Probably the key is in being delegating activities. The Prince forms a part of an Institution in which other one is the chief, and like in a company, the chief gives the orders, though always you can negotiate. The Prince of Asturias has an agenda increasingly complete. The Prince realizes now more trips out of Madrid that the King, which allows him to be in contact with the different Autonomous Communities. Every change of goverment in Iberia America, every inauguration of an Institute Cervantes in the world, puts him in touch with Chiefs of State.

The Royal House has a few procedure, and gives the procedure the one who gives the orders, and though to anybody they they do not please totally has to adapt to them. The Royal House they has its way of working, but what is undoubted, is that they are very conscious that the prince is the future, and the Prince wins in responsibility every year.
There was an interesting comment in the ZDF docu Koenigskinder in the feature about Felipe "The Prince and the Journalist" regarding this issue. Francisco Bastera, Letizia’s former boss, said something like that the future will be difficult for him because waiting and waiting until the King dies can become a heavy burden. The time will come when Felipe has already granted 10 Million Spaniards an audience and there is nothing left him to do. Prince Charles was given as an example, who has become "only a caricature of himself", digging deep into green issues, painting and becoming a little exzentric with time passing by (my own words from what I recall).

There is some truth in that, I guess.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is a difficult topic that I believe that it chases to all the European Monarchies ... the Princes inheritors belong all to the same generation.

Since I have said to the Prince of Asturias every year there are giving him more responsibilities and more activity, because it is evident that the King already does not follow the pace of before. I believe that in this sense always they have tried that had activities and specific areas of work. To live to the shade always is difficult, but the Prince of Asturias is active enough.

The abdication is a topic always complex, maybe the Kings and Queens also they should retire with 65 years . In Holland, it has been something habitual and possibly do not suppose a "traumatic" change. In Spain it is a topic difficult to raise, and not because does not entrust in the Prince in his education and in his capacity ... but because the King is a person with very much charisma, a modal. To separate a person who has been a fundamental element of the Spanish democracy is very difficult, and more now, when the political environment is very complicated.

The King has an age, is tired and many people think that "burned" of so many problems. But nowadays I do not believe that the abdication is a possibility.

If the Prince has known 10 million Spanish, equal he has to know other 30.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The only thing I do is give my opinion. No need to take critzism (or praise, yes, there are things I do like about her and I mentioned in my posts) towards Letizia personally, chuchu.
Believe me I don't. I am just amused how strong the reactions are of certain forum members. Sometimes the discussions are more heated than a political debate.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
I think he should get a real job.
She already has a real job. Our current capitalism only sees "a job" if the person is into an office, or doing hard work with the hands.

Here, let me go in Princess Letizia's defense. Being a Princess is NOT an easy job, and believe me, I don't know if I should be a good Princess, and much less a good Queen.

I think I did a think I do not wanted: I criticized the Princess a little, for I am really old fashioned (A real dinosaurus rex, if you want! ) and I got a real fall of critics plenty of jealous purposes toward her. Don't paid me attention any more...Let me babble as the old idiot I am, for I don't really wants to cause any harm to any royal house. Only we think a little about the times we are living in, royals and not royals. But if the answer I will get is: " Princess of Asturias need to have a job!" or the opposite, the feminist crowd shouting: " She must be more important than her husband!", let me aside, and keep discussing how skynny she is. Poor woman...my critics searched to be constructive, but I missed my shot.

And yes, Chuchu...Discussions about Princess of Asturias are more heated that political discussions. But the problem is that I think this one IS a political discussion in the deep.

Vanesa.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Nobility

Vanesa, Roxsteve meant *Felipe* should get a job. She has been under the impression that Felipe is only "attending weddings, funerals and baptisms" and not working.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Another quote comes to my mind from a guy called José Apezarena, he seems to be a spanish royalty expert (what kind of job is this, being a royalty expert - how do they earn their living?)
He stated that if he was in Felipe's position he would not have chosen Letizia because of her lacking qualifications for the job (too outspoken, too popular), her career, her family (background too middle class), lack of political education. But Felipe insisted on marrying her and the rest is history. He mentioned that the King was much more pleased than the Queen in the beginning, that was news to me, I thought both did not want.

Further it was stated that Letizia will have the most difficult job of all Crown Princesses because the job description does not suit her personality.

Again, this is a quote and not my personal opinion.

By the way, does anyone know if Zarzuela or Felipe himself ever confirmed that he had a relationship with Eva Sannum. I was just wondering because Felipe did confirm the split in a meeting with journalists.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Jose Apezarena (he is the journalist and of conservative ideas) wrote a book on the Prince, but he does not stop being a man of certain age and certain ideology who has a few ideas on the social class and the woman. They are the monarchic old, who are capable of accepting the "slides" of the King, but that agree with many difficulty other things. They are that for a thing or for other one they have criticized all the girlfriends of the Prince ... and for that none had been perfect or good. Probably the same ones that years ago saw the Queen Sofia with wrong eyes for being of another religion.

On the King and the Queen it happens slightly very enterteining, depends about whom speaks gives a version different from the matter . If the one who speaks is a defender of the King, the King ¡s the good and frank man, but the Queen is the cold Germanic one. But if the one who speaks is Pilar Urbano, the woman who wrote the biography of the Queen and with the one that supported long conversations, there appears the Queen who is a mother and wants that her children are happy.

Ultimately one comes to the conclusion about which they they all speak ... and they have not even idea.

On it of Eva, the relation neverwas annunced, the Prince commented on the break in a private meeting with journalists who cover the information of the Royal House. Probably he did it in order that they was stopping inspecting, and in order that both had a calmer life. The Spanish press is in the habit of overcoming enough the limits of the harassment.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I'm looking forward to see her increased solo working schedule come to fruition. At the beginning, the excuse was that she was new and needed to learn the ropes from her husband, then her difficult pregnancies were blamed..what's next. She comes off to be more of a support to Felipe, they're not equal teammates.
They are not equal, Felipe is the Crown Prince she is his consort. In every sense he is her "superior", so far as their positions are concerned.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:58 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess View Post
Vanesa, Roxsteve meant *Felipe* should get a job. She has been under the impression that Felipe is only "attending weddings, funerals and baptisms" and not working.
Hum..That's worse...Maybe people doesn't realize that, but Prince Felipe already has a job...

Vanesa.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffir View Post
How do you know that she doesn't have a stylist? Do you see her out shopping herself for her and for the gorgeous kids' clothers her children wear? Even then I would think someone might be advising her.
I think this article I found would shed some light about this "stylist/fashion adviser" issue.

Anunciantes - ¿DE QUÉ MARCA ES EL BIKINI DE LA PRINCESA? - MarketingDirecto.com
WHAT MARK IS THE BIKINI OF THE PRINCESS?

The advertisers do not lose some opportunity to make free publicity. In this occasion one is La Perla and Gottex. The advertising reclamation? Letizia Ortiz, Princess of Asturias. These two marks attribute the creation of the bikini that shone the Princess in the controversial photos published by the magazine Hello. Both marks provide the Royal Family, and both want to be recognized as the mark of the most famous bikini of the summer.

From La Perla they assure that the bikini that shone Letizia Ortiz is a model of the bath collection Anna Club 2007, in lycra white color and whose price is 230 euros. The responsibility on the part of the La Perla is logical considering that the Princess is a habitual client of the company/signature and often acquires bath clothes and lencería. But also it would be logical to think that the bikini is of the Israeli mark Gottex, that provides to the Queen and the Infantas. According to this company/signature, this summer they sent a lot of bathing suits to Zarzuela, within which it could be the two white pieces.

Other marks with which it has been possible to see this summer to Letizia are Jordi Labanda (beach towels and accessories) and Andres Sarda. She doesn't always have the possibility of going of purchases, reason why usually she looks at fashion magazines. Sometimes the personnel of Zarzuela goes to buy the article from the store and others order them by telephone. Also it's frequent that the marks send an article selection of each season to all the members of the Royal Family. So it is the case of Etam, that when finding out that the Princess had requested a set of the mark, it did not doubt in sending a box to her with seven caftans with her slippers to game, two sets to go more to the beach of Lolita Lempira for Etam.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

I believe that this news refers more to his "private" clothes, and not to the suits of official acts ... nonetheless, it returns to say that they themselves choose the clothes, though if they cannot go to the shop someone is going to look for it, the choice is of them, without stylists who decide that there is bought and that not.

The topic of the bikini demonstrates once again, the "war" that exists between designers, who does not want a promotion like that? It is not of surprising that the Princess trusts in calmly and quiet Varela.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
I believe that this news refers more to his "private" clothes, and not to the suits of official acts ... nonetheless, it returns to say that they themselves choose the clothes, though if they cannot go to the shop someone is going to look for it, the choice is of them, without stylists who decide that there is bought and that not.

The topic of the bikini demonstrates once again, the "war" that exists between designers, who does not want a promotion like that? It is not of surprising that the Princess trusts in calmly and quiet Varela.
So no stylist (I call it a stylist now but mean a person who is responsible for wardrobe and looks) ... I wonder why. Are they afraid of the backlash in the press or is it tradition or is the budget too tight? I don't see why a stylist is always seen as a bad thing or would give Letizia the image of a vain fashion princess who only concentrates on her looks. I think a stylist is very helpful for a woman in her position because he or she helps saving time and I understand time is a very precious element in the life of a crown princess. So instead of doing most things herself with only a little help from mummy in laws people Letizia could spend this time much better, either as quality time with her family or preparing her work. When looking at her these days I have the impression that her looks would definitely benefit from the professional organisation of her wardrobe and her hairstyle, a procedure that is more than ususal in her circles and nothing special at all. I wonder if there is a Queen or Crown Princess around at all who does not permanently have access to such a service because it helps to ease her every day life with work and family duties immensely.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

If, the Queen does not have it it would be difficult to explain that the Princess had it or should need it. A stylist can help, but also a designer or a hairdresser can advise, without need of that should exist someone who receives a salary every month for doing this work. They have to have a correct aspect, neither are models nor live of their image ... the image is one more element, is important, but it is not necessary to to be anything central.

I do not believe that in the Zarzuela it is necessary that there is a person who receives a salary every month for doing it. Another thing, it is that if I believe that a women's increase is necessary. In Spain there is no court, is not " lady in waiting ", and great part of the personnel they are men and military ... it would be good that the Princess could have a secretary or an assistent that could help or advise in all kinds matters, and not only in the work.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
In Spain there is no court, is not " lady in waiting ", and great part of the personnel they are men and military ... it would be good that the Princess could have a secretary or an assistent that could help or advise in all kinds matters, and not only in the work.
That's certainly true. This person maybe could help or advise in styling matters too.

Plus, if the personnel who assist the Princes of Asturias are mainly military men who are devoted to the King and the idea of Zarzuela I can imagine that there is no real privacy or intimacy for the princely couple or too much acknowledgement towards the role that Letizia occupies. So they can be sure that the King is always on top of things that are going on in their office (but I still don't think they should get their own). Must be a strange feeling for Letizia to give up all privacy not only in public but as well within the family or Zarzuela organisation.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

The women personnel limits almost to maidens and babysitters ... up to the cook is a man ¡

The 5 most important charges of the House King; Chief, Secretary, Chief of Press and Chief of Protocol ... they are men and now they are of the diplomatic world (before also they were military, and if there was a woman who was chief of press). Also the Military Chief is. Later the Secretary of the Queen is also a military man, and military men are all the assistants who accompany them in the official acts. The Chief of the Secretariat of the Prince is a lawyer.

With the years the military presence has been diminishing, and has increased the presence of personnel of the diplomatic world ... but nonetheless there continue being many military men and many men.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
The women personnel limits almost to maidens and babysitters ... up to the cook is a man ¡

The 5 most important charges of the House King; Chief, Secretary, Chief of Press and Chief of Protocol ... they are men and now they are of the diplomatic world (before also they were military, and if there was a woman who was chief of press). Also the Military Chief is. Later the Secretary of the Queen is also a military man, and military men are all the assistants who accompany them in the official acts. The Chief of the Secretariat of the Prince is a lawyer.

With the years the military presence has been diminishing, and has increased the presence of personnel of the diplomatic world ... but nonetheless there continue being many military men and many men.
Thank for explaining lula. So the first step towards emancipation has already been made by Letizia, giving birth to two girls, one of them being a future Queen. Guess there will be a new balance within Zarzuela's staff in the next decades
Old 08-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

In the old articles posted here, two military men were added to the Princes' team, one of them probably will take the role of being Letizia's private secretary. Considering King's own background, he probably trusts those military men more. So far they all have proved to be very loyal.

Maybe Zarzuela doesn't want to spend much money on hair stylists or makeup artists (except for big events or galas) since Queen Sofia seems to do it very well herself.
Leonor with messy hair when she went in for the Disney show.
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8...leonor1rb2.jpg
At the exit of the show, her hair looked very neat after her grandma combed her hair.
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3...leonor3dd0.jpg
Old 05-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Courtier

Looking at the thread about Felipe and Letizia visiting Poland I must say that they are doing a very good job. they are a very matching couple and act very professional.
This is also why I cannot understand that so many Spanish people dislike them. especially here in Catalunya. People don't seem to honour their work alot. many people in my environment don't like them at all.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Serene Highness

I admit that I enjoy reading about many of the royal couples. Someone made the comment that they thought that Felipe was in love with Eva Sannum. For years I was of the opposite opinion and felt that she was just a good physical partner until someone for whom he could have deeper feelings for came along. He is no dummy.

I would have enjoyed seeing him marry a "royal" but I also would have liked to see Willem-Alexander marry a royal. (really aren't too many available is there). Both seems to have made a good match for themselves and are pampered and adored by their wives. What man wouldn't love to be in that situation! They both have partners that seem to suit them perfectly--isn't that what we all want in life.

I do believe that being the princess in Spain is a lot more difficult that being one in Holland due to the political situation. The Dutch can be more informal. Of course this is just my opinion.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix View Post
Looking at the thread about Felipe and Letizia visiting Poland I must say that they are doing a very good job. they are a very matching couple and act very professional.
This is also why I cannot understand that so many Spanish people dislike them. especially here in Catalunya. People don't seem to honour their work alot. many people in my environment don't like them at all.
i agree with you Princess Beatrix !me too i was always asking about way the spanish don't like this couple , for me they are a perfect couple ,.

Closed Thread