The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

As usual different levels of discussions, some bred for everybody but always the same topic : Letizia, I dream when I am reading this poor Peñafiel, some brain trubbles???

The subject of this thread was the official visit of the king of Saudi Arabia, I beleived?
Only for the little story, it exist a lot of differencies for a woman between a private but quite protocolar dinner and an officiel gala dinner, the main one is the gown!!! As you know for a woman it's not exactly the same time to wear a gown than to wear a coktail dress or simple but elegant dress for a private dinner!!! A suggestion for the gown designer : a special one for mother breastfeeding: very original and fashion! problem for the sash!!!

Old 06-22-2007, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Two things.
First, it was not a dinner but a luncheon.
Second, since already I have written and some of them seem not to want to read. It is habitual that the Royal Spanish House in this type of meeting does photographies with their private photographer. Like the photographer was of the Royal Spanish House there was the photographer of the Royal Saudi House. And not and sla the first time, since already I have put two examples previously, that the agency of another State does public photos of meetings that here are considered to be private and that are done inside palace. I believe that the Royal Spanish House has been wrong on having followed the game to a press that wants it wants it ... and for that the acts of the Royal House only exist while could speak or criticize Letizia. Because hear to certain journalists, that they are supposed informers of to RoyalHouse, to say that since Letizia is not they do not have anything that to count, when the Kings and the Prince do not stop, is absurd and sad ... though or it stops demonstrating a reality, of whom they are interested in and provides business to them.

On the other hand, it would be necessary to say to Peñafiel, through which since already we do not live in epoch of Franco, he does not enjoy hunts the Chief of the State, and does not enter in the Zarzuela like he was entering the Pardo. He does not have benefits and it is what hurts him, not to be he who receives the sole rights and the favors. Also it is necessary to say to him that due to the fact that Franco is dead, the women in Spain we are free and have rights. Already we do not depend of men for everything ... and as mothers the law gives us rights.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I find that Zarzuela has been acting very unfortunate not only in this case and I agree that lack of transparency is one of the reasons why the press is annoyed, quite understandably, IMO. Of course Letizia is entitled to her maternity leave but why "hiding" her completely while being aware that people and media want to see her from time to time? After all she's one of the most popular members of the SRF and Zarzuela has to respond to that in a certain way. And if there is a reason why she does not appear in public like - as Penafiel suggested - suffering from post natal depressions Zarzuela should name it and everybody will understand, as she would not be the first woman on earth who deals with difficulties after giving birth. As mentioned before, no baby needs 24/7 attention and why not having a picture taken at a suitable event - so they could have avoided the pressure being build up by the media.

Thanks to their strategy they now have a lose lose situation with snubbing the Royal House of Saud and annoying the Spanish Press on the one hand and incoming critizism on Letizia on the other hand. And instead of a nice pic at some nice event the first pic after birth shows her now a bit out of place and uncomfortable next to the Saudi King at some mysterious private dinner. Well done! And as Lula stated that private pics have been circulated before by foreign countries, Zarzuela should have been even more careful in this matter.

Once again Letizia is in the center of controversy beyond her responsibilities, as all the discussions about her role and Zarzuela's strategy behind it. I wonder when Zarzuela will begin to understand.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duke, Letizia is not hidden, has had some private exits, and some journalists have could admit that they have not come in time to obtain the photographies. The day of their anniversary, the journalists who were in an act of the King, could see the Princes with the girls in The Zarzuela. Already I have listened in two occasions that the paparazzi had found out late about Letizia's exits. In an occasion when were the Princes with the girls to a lunch in house of the father of Letizia, and in other one when letizia went out to do a few buys.

What happens is that in Spain there is a certain press, which always protests. The press knows perfectly that now the summer comes, and that are going to have many photos. Last year they were weeks protesting because there were no Leonor's photos, and when the summer came and the family was to Majorca and was in the ditches there was too many Leonor's photos and they were boring. They are never satisfied, and they it are not, because the critique and the gossip is essential part of their work.

But it hadn´t happened this, many they had not even found out that the King of Saudi Arabia was in Spain.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Duke, Letizia is not hidden, has had some private exits, and some journalists have could admit that they have not come in time to obtain the photographies. The day of their anniversary, the journalists who were in an act of the King, could see the Princes with the girls in The Zarzuela. Already I have listened in two occasions that the paparazzi had found out late about Letizia's exits. In an occasion when were the Princes with the girls to a lunch in house of the father of Letizia, and in other one when letizia went out to do a few buys.

What happens is that in Spain there is a certain press, which always protests. The press knows perfectly that now the summer comes, and that are going to have many photos. Last year they were weeks protesting because there were no Leonor's photos, and when the summer came and the family was to Majorca and was in the ditches there was too many Leonor's photos and they were boring. They are never satisfied, and they it are not, because the critique and the gossip is essential part of their work.

But it hadn´t happened this, many they had not even found out that the King of Saudi Arabia was in Spain.
With "hiding" I mean not giving the press the opportunity to take a picture at a kind of official event that suited her daily schedule. The whole situation was much easier and relaxed if she went to a suitable event, where the press was present and had a picture taken. The big advantage is that she's in control of the happening in terms of her appearance or the time she spends there. Not going anywhere near the press for over two months means that pressure is building up as people want to see her so media wants to print her picture. This will never go away and they won't change it with their handling.

If the press had seen her on one or two occasions during the past two months nobody would now make a fuss about two pictures being taken at a private dinner.

IMO the PoAs haven't found their balance with the media yet, still a long way to go and behaviour like this won't help. Obviously there is a lack of respect or silent understanding and they should start working on this relationship now, otherwise they will have to fasten their seatbelts once the old man has gone.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
http://www.spa.gov.sa/galupload/normal/15250_W68.jpg

She looks so out of place. Maybe that's why they did not want the pictures to be published. She probably loves the attention. I really don't know what the big deal is........
She looks out of place but not like she loves the attention, rather the opposite that she wants to be somewhere else. She looks a bit desperate between the Kind and his delegation. What would you discuss with a King from a country that doesn't even allow women to drive their own car?
Old 06-22-2007, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher View Post
Why are the people getting hot and bothered about Letizia's break?
I think its due to people wanting to see her. The other CP's have been out on unofficial events & a photoshoot. Many expect to see the same with Letizia, but everybody has different agendas. Letizia does have the right for her full leave without appearing in public & the events she attend's i think is her own choice & not the palace.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
She looks out of place but not like she loves the attention, rather the opposite that she wants to be somewhere else. She looks a bit desperate between the Kind and his delegation. What would you discuss with a King from a country that doesn't even allow women to drive their own car?
for her attending the saudi private lunch,it might look out of place for her sitting next to the Saudi king, but it shouldve been an honor imo, not only that but has anyone thought of the Saudi king asking for Letizia to be seated beside him?!
Old 06-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
for her attending the saudi private lunch,it might look out of place for her sitting next to the Saudi king, but it shouldve been an honor imo, not only that but has anyone thought of the Saudi king asking for Letizia to be seated beside him?!
Haha, good point. Maybe she attended the whole thing on his personal request

I am sure she is seated according to protocol and it's an honour indeed. But she does not look happy at all or somehow involved in a conversation. But again it's just one shot and maybe before or after they were sharing some really funny royal jokes, who knows
Old 06-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Nobility

video

http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/se...si&id=12748413
Old 06-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Nobility

Congratulations to the Princess for being there at the private luncheon, after all this shows her comittment to the duties of the Royal House!

And even though this was a private event (the luncheon at the Zarzuela), being there is polite because it shows the Saudi guests the the Princess cares about giving the delegation a warm welcoming.

People are complaining because she was absent in the official acts, but why don't they think about the positive image that being at the luncheon gave to the Saudi guests? It proves that she cares for them, and hence for the relations of Spain with Saudi Arabia!

Remember that the Royal Family does public relations for their country, and that is exactly what the Princess was doing at the luncheon!

Bravo Letizia, you have a fan here.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarzuela View Post
Congratulations to the Princess for being there at the private luncheon, after all this shows her comittment to the duties of the Royal House!

And even though this was a private event (the luncheon at the Zarzuela), being there is polite because it shows the Saudi guests the the Princess cares about giving the delegation a warm welcoming.

People are complaining because she was absent in the official acts, but why don't they think about the positive image that being at the luncheon gave to the Saudi guests? It proves that she cares for them, and hence for the relations of Spain with Saudi Arabia!

Remember that the Royal Family does public relations for their country, and that is exactly what the Princess was doing at the luncheon!

Bravo Letizia, you have a fan here.
Very good analysis because totally in the topic: the Key of Saudi Arabia's visit.

What is the most important for this visit, first I presume the host and his delegation himself and due for that all the official acts whithout "disturbations" as the return to the official life of the Princess of Asturias who could robed the first plan of the diary with her pics. It's nor very diplomatic, isen't it for a country where the woman are veiled? But always for a diplomatic way to demostrate how linked are this two Real Families, why in a private luncheon the closer part of the family couldn't be here in a place where a baby can be here in room very near ? Mainly whithout to oblige the Princess to cross over Madrid before to be near the little Sofia. It's so elemantary that I'm very surprised by all this sounds for nothing because the main purposes in this visit is the link between Saudia Arabia, not to see if the Princess of Asturias has cutted his hairs.

I have to remember you that the post partum depression was yet recalled after the Leonor's birth during the Letizia's mother rest, and I fera that it was yet the genial Peñafiel who had spoke about that, it's not a new gingle....
Old 06-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I am sure she is seated according to protocol and it's an honour indeed. But she does not look happy at all or somehow involved in a conversation.
If it was by protocol, than the queen wouldve been seated next to K.Abdulla not Letizia, so i guess protocol was absent at the time
Old 06-23-2007, 12:38 AM
Courtier

What if the Saudis took the picture of their King and Letizia just "happened" to be in the picture. Most people in the world do not even know (or care) that Spain has a princess. Just a thought!
Old 06-23-2007, 01:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
What if the Saudis took the picture of their King and Letizia just "happened" to be in the picture. Most people in the world do not even know (or care) that Spain has a princess. Just a thought!
I don't think the Saudis took the picture and Letizia just "happened" to be in it because she's at the center frame while the 2 Kings were at far right of the frame. I think that the Saudis know that Spain has princesses, wouldn't you think? Besides JC would've introduced the Princess of Asturias to the Saudi delegation at the luncheon.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:34 AM
Courtier

I didn't see her, but was the Queen at the luncheon? And were these the only two "private photos" that the Saudi Royal House released?
Old 06-23-2007, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

LadyFinn

I´m a newbie here, hello to you all! I like and respect the Princes of Asturias a lot, they work very hard for their country and they have a lovely family.
As for Letizia´s maternity leave - I think the three month´s maternity leave which she had with Leonor, was quite appropriate, and it seems to me that she´s doing the same with Sofia.
Here in Finland the maternity leave lasts 105 working days (five days a week). Of these mothers are to use between 30-50 days before giving birth and between 55-75 days afterwards. After the maternity leave there is the
parental leave, that lasts 158 working days. Usually the mother of the child is on parental leave, but both parents can be on parental leave by turns. The father of the child has a right to the paternity leave amounts to 18 days. It can be taken during maternity or parental leave in up to four stages.
I´m already looking for lovely family photos from the baptism of Sofia - and the holidays in Palma!
Old 06-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

For that so much they discuss the protocol, which is bad seated he is the King Juan Carlos. Such and like they are the distributions in the luncheons and official dinners in Spain, a Chief of State should be opposite other one, and to the side the retainers would be distributed man - woman by range ... what happens is that this type of distributions complicate when the guest is alone or when like in this case there are many men and very few women. I imagine that in this case the King will have wanted to sit down next to the Saudi King because with him his guest will be more comfortable, and the Queen is the one that has sat down face.

On the appearances of the Princesses, to Maxima did not see her for any more than two months, and the Dutch press does not create these scandals. Mary has appeared but in acts more private than public, except the trip in the Danneborg, and it was a very brief appearance. What happens in Spain is that Letizia is a vein, and when the journalists are sincere, they recognize it. The Kings and the Prince continue with an intense activity, but the follow-up is infinitely minor that when Letizia is present, and not only in the yellow programs of television, but also in the informative ones and the serious newspapers. The news of the Saudi photo was yesterday between most read of the webs of the newspapers of this country.If the Infantas are one month without acts, it is not important, if the Queen suspends two visits of State for being sick or disappears one week (out of the habitual period of vacations) and she goes away of trip with her sister, they do not even mention it.

Do what she does it is going to be a topic of debate, if she goes because she goes to a few acts and to others not, if she goes away before to attend to the girl because she goes away before, if she had restarted the whole official agenda because she is a bad mother .... the topic is to speak about her.

What seems to be absurd is that the Royal Household has to organize some private activity, but that is public in order that the photographers do photos and are calm. They had Leonor three days, the family posed to the exit of the clinic and now it begins the summer and they are going to get bored with photos and with topics for gossip. Tomorrow it had to celebrate the Onomástica of the King, a perfect moment to be able to see Letizia and the girls, but the King goes away of trip to China, and has decided not to celebrate his Onomástica (it seems that he likes every year less). This it is a logical moment, but is the own King whom every year interests less.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
IMO the PoAs haven't found their balance with the media yet, still a long way to go and behaviour like this won't help. Obviously there is a lack of respect or silent understanding and they should start working on this relationship now, otherwise they will have to fasten their seatbelts once the old man has gone.
You want PoAs to start working with the likes of Jaime Penafiel or Paloma Barrientos ? You got to be kidding. The 'heart' programs always like to talk trivialities on the famous people they found interesting and would sell. It's slow right now and Letizia is on maternity leave, a few pink press journalists were desperate for topics. When the old man is gone, Letizia will likely in her mid to late fourties, probably not interesting anymore for the pink press. I doubt they will make a big fuss over two poor quality pictures of her 10-15 years from now.
The EFE photographers not being invited to the private lunch or dinner had happened before. The decision was obviously not made by Felipe or Letizia, why blame on them ?
Old 06-23-2007, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I´m a newbie here, hello to you all! I like and respect the Princes of Asturias a lot, they work very hard for their country and they have a lovely family.
As for Letizia´s maternity leave - I think the three month´s maternity leave which she had with Leonor, was quite appropriate, and it seems to me that she´s doing the same with Sofia.
Here in Finland the maternity leave lasts 105 working days (five days a week). Of these mothers are to use between 30-50 days before giving birth and between 55-75 days afterwards. After the maternity leave there is the
parental leave, that lasts 158 working days. Usually the mother of the child is on parental leave, but both parents can be on parental leave by turns. The father of the child has a right to the paternity leave amounts to 18 days. It can be taken during maternity or parental leave in up to four stages.
I´m already looking for lovely family photos from the baptism of Sofia - and the holidays in Palma!
Welcome to the Board LadyFinn and a very interesting post!

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread