Your Opinions About Felipe and Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
planetcher said:
Where have you seen her to be uncaring towards the people she meets? Have you personally met her or are there any pictures of her with people that I miss that shows her not warm towards strangers?

No, I don't have any evidence, I have never met her in person. I was just trying to explain the feeling she gives me. To me she doesn't seem very warm towards people she meets, instead she seems very business-like when she meets them.

But this is just my opinion!

Danielane said:
Mathilde wasn't a commoner, she was born in a noble family, daughter of a polish countess and grand-daughter of a polish princess.

I think you mean count not countess right? because that would mean she has two mums:D

pollyemma said:
yeah she is just lucky because of her high metabolism.

my initial beef with Letiziawas that she is divorced. that would be fine if she were still a news anchor but royalty needs to be different than the common people or there is no point in having it.

i wasnt happy with MM when she first entered the royal family because of her background but she has since won me over with her sweet and loving personality.

i dont think Letizia is sweet and loving. she strikes me as cold(not to say she is mean or hateful, just cold). there is also nothing about her to interest me. her clothes are boring and they are always the same. she never does public duties on her own. she has never said anything interesting that i can recall (except "let me finish" but that didnt win her any fans) i like all of you adore royalty but when i see her on the cover of pont de vue i just dont even feel like picking up the magazine.

so yeah, to the extent that I can dislike someone so boring, these are the reasons I dislike her.

:mad: Could you tell me, if other princess has done something important, than go for an activity and show her designer dress and just trying to pretend to be nice, because, if that is work, I hope Letizia remain in her way

Lil princess lost said:
I think you mean count not countess right? because that would mean she has two mums:D
Danielane is correct. Mathilde's father, up till then an untitled aristocrat, was created a count by King Albert around the time of the wedding. Mathilde's mother had her title from birth.

Misunderstanding

Warren said:
Danielane is correct. Mathilde's father, up till then an untitled aristocrat, was created a count by King Albert around the time of the wedding. Mathilde's mother had her title from birth.

I was not disputing the information. I simply meant that I was confused when Danielane said that Mathilde is the daughter of a "princess and a countess" . I was simply stating that there must be a typo when Danielane typed "Countess" instead of Count.

Last edited:
Each person has one opinion own, we can agree or no, to if that I am going to give mia, that can that is not the correct one, but is my opinion. In the case of letizia and Felipe, that really is inheriting is Felipe, the will be next head of the state of Spain and king. The paper of letizia must be of "companion", does not have a as excellent paper as Felipe, his to have is to accompany, to support..... Letizia during long time has been "a normal" person, has worked like journalist, has had to go to the supermarket, knows what is to make money, knows what is to buy the periodic one, and by all this, vision but real of the daily life of the people can help monarchy Spanish to have one. It knows as they are the common problems of people, so that she to state to this side long time. But not have a important work , if not that sera its husband the king. But he can help that monarchy this but near one the town.

Srry for my English

It's very funy when someone dislike a Princess for herself, he can write nonsense. About the royal duties of Letizia, it's very clear, she is the consort and until now she has got nothing to do coming with th Prince, that's all! ( and it's not very easy for many little things ) For the official acts, it's ridiculous to say that she didn't do it warmless because it's depend of the circunstances. It's not the same thing to receive a ham with warmth.... that to be closest of a blind kid for that Letizia has shown a peculiar sweetness.

It's always the same things they are reproching to Letizia somethings one which she can do nothing, it's not she who fixe her agenda and her duty, and for her speeches, it's reely to bad to said always the same things about the too famous sentence.If you can appraciate someone for a very superficial event, your advice is not very relevant. And generally speaking none of the others heiress princess have a true personal job.

It will be more honest to said that you don't like Letizia because it's your taste and your right rather than accusing her on the of the basis of assumptions not facts.

Lil princess lost said:
I was not disputing the information. I simply meant that I was confused when Danielane said that Mathilde is the daughter of a "princess and a countess" . I was simply stating that there must be a typo when Danielane typed "Countess" instead of Count.

Lil, Danielane said that Mathilde is the daughter of a countess and grand-daughter of a princess.
See the quote bellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
Mathilde wasn't a commoner, she was born in a noble family, daughter of a polish countess and grand-daughter of a polish princess.

crisiñaki said:
Nothing bothers me about them:)

i Have to say I feel just the same as you and Toledo do. Nothing bothers me about L and F. They seem very happy and that is all that matters.

:) :) I adore Letizia :) :) She strikes me as a very humble and down to earth beauty... She has an amazing body and charm that reflects warmth and charisma.. Shes got fantastic style... Shes fabulous!!

Nothing bothers me about them. But then, at the same time, nothing about them really interests me. I mean, I seriously look at one or two pics of them and then turn to something else that is more interesting.

I found Letizia before to be a woman who, is not cold, but someone who does not show warmth easily. As in, she shows compassion but she's not the type of person that makes your heart feel happy whenever she smiles. I'm not comparing her, but for example when Princess Maxima smiles, she really glows.

Its almsot like Letizia has been smiling all her life to cameras and has created a smile that is not real. But ever since she's given birth to her little girl, you could truly tell she's happy.

So I've warmed up to her ever since, but I still do find them quite boring. I'm more interested in seeing them when they're holidaying, or visiting the parents or at the olympics. Its less serious, and its more fun and sometimes you see a photo that makes you smile.
Tiff

to be honest ,in fact I do not care about them !
they are humans with qualities and defaults as everybody !
I don't know them but I'm not warm up by this couple !

Nothing bothers me about them. Their love seems like a fairytale just like the other CPs.

They arent my favourite royal couple..I dont find Letizia tender or warm...Is my humble opinion :)

About the tenderness of LETIZIA, if you remenber the LEONOR's press presentation, you don't forgot some delicious moments when the princess was so moved by her baby that she was whispering so tender onomatopeias to her and a journalist of Diez minoutros noticed that writing that the Princess was making some yu, yu so tender for her little girl.

It's very strange because the video exits and we can heard the so charming sound but nobody was speaking about that as if it was indecent to accept the idea of a tender princess !!!!!

I am going to repeat my thread. So that it is understood better, my ingles is quite bad.

Princess Letizia has changed to her life much in the last two years. Now it she has reponsabilities that before nontapeworm, she work in clase of subjects that has although not heard to speak in her life, she has a daughter ( Future Queen), and she is in a posicion(Princess), in which she feels observed, everybody this slope of which she does, which she says, what clothes she take, if she is handsome one if she is ugly one, if she says something bad... , if she is thin, fat... stop .

It is normal that sometimes she feels under a lot of estress , she had very just a short time to adapt to this new life.
The unic thing that we must to do, is to give her a little time, time for she to adapts to her new life.
She is an intelligent, cultured woman and mainly to if that if now we see her estress it is normal.
Letizia has all the conditions to be a great Princess of Asturias and to contribute monarchy one vision very near feeling of the town, and very fine ear to hear from the palace the emotions of the Spanish people.:)

ok, some people don't care about them, perhaps because they don't know them.

adelaide said:
About the tenderness of LETIZIA, if you remenber the LEONOR's press presentation, you don't forgot some delicious moments when the princess was so moved by her baby that she was whispering so tender onomatopeias to her and a journalist of Diez minoutros noticed that writing that the Princess was making some yu, yu so tender for her little girl.

It's very strange because the video exits and we can heard the so charming sound but nobody was speaking about that as if it was indecent to accept the idea of a tender princess !!!!!

i would love to see that video, adelaide. unfortunately i could only see pictures of that day... :( anyone knows where i can find it?

i don't know why to so many people letizia doesn't look tender. to me she does, not only before the birth of leonor but also before (how many pictures of letizia with her niece, carla, or with victoria or the children of cristina do we have?) i think there wasn't any princess that we could see playing or holding hands with the in laws-children. i can't remember mary playing with nikolai or felix, mette marit with maud or leah, mathilde with any of her nephews or maxima with hers. yet all of them seem to people more tender than letizia. i can't understand it sometimes. it even went to the point of saying that letizia doesn't love leonor. however, this was said in a very stupid forum, with the only purpose of critisising her. in what kind of sick mind can this thoughts emerge?

i think letizia's detractors won't give up and can't accept that letizia is much higher than what they can say. bad for them, because letizia accepted it long ago, i'm sure.

crisiñaki said:
2. With threads like these or the one about Fred & Mary we are opening fields for trolls, look what happened in Royal Blue Forums:cool:

We are not Royal Blue. Let's not discuss what happened at Royal Blue here; how RB is run is separate from how TRF is run.

Furthermore, the Frederik & Mary thread has lasted for several weeks now without any problems. Let's not anticipate problems where there aren't any.

This thread is about why members like or dislike Felipe and Letizia; let's stick to that topic, please.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

the only thing i dont like about Letizia is that so far she hasnt gone to events alone but that will come in the future. otherwise for now she is doing a decent job. i understand why people say she doesnt come across as warm. i felt the same way at first but after the birth of leonor she seemed warmer so for now i'll cut her some slack for that. time will tell.

I apologize because I'm trying too with this link and I didn't succeed also.

The problem is I have this stereo on my disc dur, if some body can explain me how I can loaded it to share with you this very cut moment, i will do it immediatly. Thank you in advance.

adelaide said:
I apologize because I'm trying too with this link and I didn't succeed also.

The problem is I have this stereo on my disc dur, if some body can explain me how I can loaded it to share with you this very cut moment, i will do it immediatly. Thank you in advance.

You can upload it at www.supload.com there's an option for uploading video and follow the instructions

Thanks in advance:D

Many thanks Crisiñaki for the information. I am begining the process by puting the article in the good place ( very difficult for me, please don't laugh....) As i am tired after that, to morrow i shall do the most important operation the loading. You have to pray for i should spent a good night without technical nightmare......hihihihihihi

tiff_tiff_tiff2000 said:
Nothing bothers me about them. But then, at the same time, nothing about them really interests me. I mean, I seriously look at one or two pics of them and then turn to something else that is more interesting.
I see your point on this because they attend so many events that are very serious in nature that it's hard to let loose and have fun. They are both also very professional and sometimes being professional isn't charismatic or captivating.

Maybe if once in a while they attended a less serious event without politicians or so, like a fashion show or a carnival, they could be more relaxed and be less serious or concentrated in the activities of their hosts.

tiff_tiff_tiff2000 said:
I found Letizia before to be a woman who, is not cold, but someone who does not show warmth easily. As in, she shows compassion but she's not the type of person that makes your heart feel happy whenever she smiles. I'm not comparing her, but for example when Princess Maxima smiles, she really glows.
Well, very few of the princesses have smiles that radiate the way Maxima's does. Hers is a natural exuberance that is hard to match.

But how can one look at pictures of a recent event attended by Felipe and Letizia where two little blind girls greeted them and not see warmth in Letizia?

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/395974-post35.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/395202-post7.html

Especially I am thinking of these pictures, where first Letizia touches the little girl's chin, caresses her cheek then allows the little girl to touch her face:
http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=225qg.jpg
http://img324.imageshack.us/my.php?image=215tt.jpg
http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=29503_15.jpg

How can Letizia be cold hearted when she allows a little girl to touch her face so that she can see how pretty she is?

tiff_tiff_tiff2000 said:
Its almsot like Letizia has been smiling all her life to cameras and has created a smile that is not real.
Unlike some of the other princesses who have been plucked from obscurity, Letizia has been in the public eye for many years now, in her own right and as a royal person. Of course she's developed a smile that is camera ready for times when she is tired or isn't feeling up to it, especially when you think that she has something going on at least half the week. It would be easy to have a genuine smile if you were well rested because each week you only did one thing.

But how can a smile like this one http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=28232_2.jpg or this one http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc81&image=29868_17.jpg or this one http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=05125_DL112566_004.jpg not be considered genuine, real or straight from the heart?

Last edited:
tiff_tiff_tiff2000 said:

Its almsot like Letizia has been smiling all her life to cameras and has created a smile that is not real. But ever since she's given birth to her little girl, you could truly tell she's happy.

So I've warmed up to her ever since, but I still do find them quite boring. I'm more interested in seeing them when they're holidaying, or visiting the parents or at the olympics. Its less serious, and its more fun and sometimes you see a photo that makes you smile.
Tiff

Well said, Tiff.

adelaide said:
Many thanks Crisiñaki for the information. I am begining the process by puting the article in the good place ( very difficult for me, please don't laugh....) As i am tired after that, to morrow i shall do the most important operation the loading. You have to pray for i should spent a good night without technical nightmare......hihihihihihi

You are most welcome and I'm looking forward to see the video posted;) :)

I have nothing against Felipe and Letizia. Quite the opposite; I like them! They seem like hard-working royal couple who love each other and their daughter very much. I may not follow them as strictly as some other royal families, but that doesn't mean I hate them or have an agenda against them. :)

I was just wondering why a lot of the time it's always Princess X vs. Princess Y. You can have both worlds. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom