The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #621  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Well he was the godfather of Ingrid Alexandra which they did not attend and he had no official work that day.
I agree he should have been to Ingrid's baptism. Even if Letizia couldn't make it, he should have made a quick trip by himself like Maxima and Pavlos did as the godparents of Sverre. At that time they were under criticism after the trip to Bahama and the Miami airport incident. It's better he went by himself since the Spanish media had much softer spot for him. This was before the wedding, the reason I didn't bring it up was because crisinagi was talking about events lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Before Letizia he was at most events, even something as "unimportant" as Victorias 25th birthday, and his agenda in 2002 and 2003 was quite the same as it is now.
Victoria's 25th birthday was in 2002. I'm pretty sure his agenda in 2002 was much lighter than today. His oversea trips were the same, but he certainly has double or triple his activities inside Spain now. I remember the media brought up his light agenda when criticising him for showing up in Galicia so late after the oil ship sank. I felt a bit unfair at that time since it was not his decision to make at when to visit Galicia. He had more engagements in 2003 than 2002.
Victoria's birthday might not be that 'unimportant' for Felipe since Victoria were introducing some of her girlfriends to him. Poor Felipe, at the end, Victoria's friends were complaining he was very boring. Don't know if he was indeed boring, or just became boring since he didn't have much interest at those girls .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Also they were not at Charles and Camillas wedding, even after it was moved, I know there was this professor and what not but there are always excuses if one wants them, we will see what excuses there are this summer when Victoria turns 30 and Sonja has her birthday.
I didn't count the wedding of Charles and Camilla because most of the royals were not there. They had poor excuse, WA and Maxima's was even poorer. The invitation lost in the mail, please ?!.
I don't think they will attend any celebration this summer. When a woman just has a baby and breastfeeding, the first 3 months, she probably doesn't like travelling around. The next event is Victoria's wedding !
Very few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
And I dont think he has met Haakon in private in Palama because both times he was there Felipe and Letizia was not.
The Easter Holiday 2006, Felipe and Letizia came back on Saturday (Letizia and Sofia went shopping together Saturday Evening), Haakon and MM left on Sunday. I don't know if the SRF had invited them for dinner or not Saturday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
But clearly there atleast used to be a close relationship, because Haakon even came to Beltran and Lauras wedding as one of the very few forreign royals, so he must know them quite well.
Felipe was closet to Haakon compared to other heirs, but Haakon had never been among the groups of closest friends Felipe travelled around the world when he was single or went skiing together. His cousin Nikolaos of Greece was among them and he was also one of the witnesses at the wedding of F&L and Haakon was not.
__________________

  #622  
Old 03-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Roxsteve's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Any City, United States
Posts: 665
In other words, excuses, excuses, excuses. Please let's be real.
__________________

  #623  
Old 03-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
I don't know if Letizia happens to like those gatherings or not, i'm not looking for "culpables/guilts" because it takes two to tango but it could be both, maybe she, or them both, dosn't like to be with their own natural coleages anymore or the SRH prefer to cover those events with the Kings, Elena and hubbie, Cristina and hubbie, etc, maybe their are winner assest or maybe is just casual but those are facts, is time for Felipe and Letizia to start to show some respect for the royals who also have their own problems and make the time to being at their wedding day and are part of their natural circle, I guess between royal houses they should say "send the invitation because of the protocol but don't put their cards at the dinner table".
Since when Felipe and Letizia didn't show respects for other royals ? They were at the wedding of F&L, Felipe (and Letizia) also attended their weddings or their children's weddings too. Now if F&L had missed Victoria's wedding, I would definitely agree that they didn't show enough respect, but Victoria hasn't married yet. The Kings were ranked higher than the Princes, the SRF already sent out the highest representatives (the Kings) at the birthdays of Carl Gustaf and Harald, what was the disrespect towards the other royal houses ? And please don't talk like the Infantas have been to so many royal gatherings, so far the last 3 years, each infanta and their hubby had only been to one event, Elena to Luxemboug and Cristina to Norway. Perhaps that's the new strategy of the SRF now, have the Princes and the Infantas taking turns attending the royal gatherings, the same as the British royal house.
If some royals went to every single event, good for them, if Felipe and Letizia selectively attended some events, what's a big deal. Charles of GB, Alois and Sophie of Liechtenstein were hardly at any of the events, it doesn't make them less royal than the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
BTW. The excuse that Felipe was at every gathering before get married to look for a girlfriend, somebody says something like that, please, we are all grown ups, there are better excuses, or the rest of the marry princes go to the gathering w/ their wifes because they are still looking?, please.
I said one of the reasons. It was very obvious that Felipe was sent to the wedding of Alois and Sophie because of Tatiana of Liechtenstein. He had no interest at marrying Tatiana. It was quite awkward when the father of Sophie said that the next big event would be in Spain (meaning the wedding of Felipe and Tatiana). It also said that Victoria had introduced some of her friends to him at her 25th birthday party. Other reasons he was single, lighter agenda than now, and his sisters were married and quite busy with children and having children.
Your logical reasoning is quite laughable. Since when one person's reason to attend an event has to be others' as well ? Other princes could have their own reasons, nothing to do with Felipe's or Nikolaus'.
  #624  
Old 03-06-2007, 08:56 PM
mapian's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., Spain
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Well he was the godfather of Ingrid Alexandra which they did not attend and he had no official work that day.
It is not correct:

Don Felipe and its fiance'e had supper in Segovia with the military of their promotion Segovia.

18-4-2004 09:56: 07

Prince of Asturias, Don Felipe de Borbón, and their fiance'e, Leticia Ortiz Rocasolano, last night participated in the palace of Segovia in a diner next to the military of the XLIV promotion of the General Academy Militar de Zaragoza, to whom the prince belongs.



ABC.es Hemeroteca: don felipe y su prometida cenaron en segovia con los militares de su promocion

It was an prewedding activity

For the prince the relation with its military companions is very important. For the King it was fundamental.

Baptism of Ingrid Alexandra: 17-4-2004.
  #625  
Old 03-06-2007, 08:57 PM
RaniaRocks's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greece, United States
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
In other words, excuses, excuses, excuses. Please let's be real.
Exactly.
The facts are there but now let's rest importance to the issue and compare the SRH with the royal house of .... Tumbuktu?.
There a huge list of royal events (international ones of course) they haven't being to so, the facts speak for themself and I find sort of pointless to keep showing what is more than evident because the point would of being start talking about this from the same level when everybody agrees in the total lack of presence of those two and from that on provide motives or explanations or whatever people may think excuse them for not to be never on any royal event but to me is so evident because the facts are there that maybe that's why i don't understand why people will not see it and will excuse everything; even this week there was an article talking about this named something like "Why does Letizia dosn't have a nich among the other M princesses", the M being for the other princesses first names, some like that, I don't know if already posted and have no time to translate it right now, if not posted I'll do it later on.

BTW. Every royal in a moment or another have had two or even three gatherings for the same day, that's almost normal on their lives, but they managed to be on the most important for them, for their RH and even for the protocol, they even go to places or acts they don't like and the baptism of a new royal kid is irrepetible while a military gathering, for more important it could be, you can always manage to excuse yourself because the country is not at war and every year there's one military graduations they can go to anyways, not saying is not important but the are events irrepetibles among their equals, other royals had postponed in house activities in order to be with their acquaintances abroad on a certain important day. Why haven't we seen Leonor in the longest btw?.
  #626  
Old 03-06-2007, 09:14 PM
mapian's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., Spain
Posts: 230
The Spanish monarchy is restored, has customs different from those from other European monarchies, is more austere, they do not make celebrations and they participate little in those of the others. The princes follow the customs of the Kings of Spain, in Spain would not see themselves well that the princes took a walk by all the celebrations of the European royalty, in addition, some of those celebrations agreed with official activities that could not change of date. In Spain it is not problem, our princes do what they must, work for the country and they alternate themselves with the rest of the Royal Family to participate in the celebrations of the royalty, at the moment, have gone to the wedding of Denmark, another one in Jordan and the celebration of Luxemburo, sufficient. On the contrary one would criticize them by frivolous and wasteful.

It's bad for the magazines and the royal-watchers, what's the problem for the Spaniards? none.

Sorry for mi translation, I don't have a good translator and mi Inglish is poor.
  #627  
Old 03-06-2007, 09:17 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
You know all this matter is ridiculous, if they haven't gone for those royal events, is because of a very simple fact, IN Spain, the king and the prince couldn't be abroad at the same time, the govermente and people wouldn't like it, one of both have to be in the country, while the other one is overseas, and the king figure has more tracendence than the prince, so that is the reason why always princes don't go to this events, and no because they don't like to go, is stupid.
  #628  
Old 03-06-2007, 09:52 PM
RaniaRocks's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greece, United States
Posts: 276
Where is that write down?, that's not true at all, one simple ex. the Kings along with Felipe and Miss Eva Sanum went together to the wedding of Hakoon and M Maritte and before that they went together to multiple royal events. Felipe was a Prince then and is a Prince now, her marriage hasn't change his status, any law, not the constitution, if any they don't travel on the same plane for security reasons but they can travel abroad together whenever they pleased to gathering, baptisms, weddings, vacations, whatever they want, is not and have never being a Presisent/VicePresident case.
  #629  
Old 03-06-2007, 10:14 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
Where is that write down?, that's not true at all, one simple ex. the Kings along with Felipe and Miss Eva Sanum went together to the wedding of Hakoon and M Maritte and before that they went together to multiple royal events. Felipe was a Prince then and is a Prince now, her marriage hasn't change his status, any law, not the constitution, if any they don't travel on the same plane for security reasons but they can travel abroad together whenever they pleased to gathering, baptisms, weddings, vacations, whatever they want, is not and have never being a Presisent/VicePresident case.

The king never went to Norway for H&MM, wedding that is a lie.
  #630  
Old 03-06-2007, 10:45 PM
RaniaRocks's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greece, United States
Posts: 276
Queen Sofia went, not sure about the King but that dosn't change anything, is not prohibited for them to travel abroad at the same time to the same location, they just take precautions like not to travel on the same plane, every country has their own goverment and everything very well estipulated and in a matter of urgency they have their own planes to return in a flash.
  #631  
Old 03-06-2007, 11:08 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
Let me tell you, that I have heard journalist and serious ones, saying this, so I'm sure about what I'm telling you.
  #632  
Old 03-07-2007, 03:02 AM
RaniaRocks's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greece, United States
Posts: 276
Of course jornalists are reliable when is convenient to make our point but I won't argue about this anymore, despite the fact that this is not a law, there's any reason for not to send Felipe and Letizia to the royal gatherings?.

Is the Royal House playing safe?, the Kings are old and tired and the Infantas are important but have less royal rank and more kids, seems to me that Sofia and Juan Carlos will be more than happy to spend more time at home.
  #633  
Old 03-07-2007, 03:32 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
Of course jornalists are reliable when is convenient to make our point but I won't argue about this anymore, despite the fact that this is not a law, there's any reason for not to send Felipe and Letizia to the royal gatherings?.

Is the Royal House playing safe?, the Kings are old and tired and the Infantas are important but have less royal rank and more kids, seems to me that Sofia and Juan Carlos will be more than happy to spend more time at home.
Then it seems that you know them very little, if you saw the agenda of the Kings you would see that they do not stop, and they decide where they go and where not. If the Kings go to an act they are the maximum representation of the family ... that need exists of that the Princes go also? ... so none. It seems to me to be absurd, they are maximums representanción, so it is more important that they go to them to that send others.

There are no strict rules on which both could not be out of the country, but if they are in the habit of being careful with the topic ... it can coincide that in some official activity both stay away one day, but it is not the habitual thing. In the last years it is very strange that go to an act of this type together, exempting the weddings of the Greek cousins and because they are very direct family. Even inside Spain the fingers of the hands can tell the acts to which come together .. exempting the important acts of State, it is very strange ... and already they don´t do together a trip of State or official, I believe that since the Prince at the age of 18 did his first official trip to Colombia, he has not traveled with dad and mom.

Other two things, the Royal Spanish House only celebrates in an official way weddings and funeral ... therefore for them the birthdays or the anniversaries of wedding (the anniversaries of reign are different because they have more relation with the figure of Chief of State), are deprived (with the exception of the Onomástica of the King and that is celebrated an act that every year is simpler). And it also there is that respect, they are different to form of valuing the things. This also implies that they do not have obligation to return any visit to acts of this type, because they do not celebrate them. These acts it likes to see the Spanish in the Hola and in other one countries, in Spain at this point it would turn out to be to us a bit ridiculous.

I have the impression, about which they have decided dividise for age, and the Kings will come if it is possible to the celebrations of the Kings who belong to their generation; and the Princes will do it to them of those who belong already to the following one like it happened in Luxembourg.

On the other hand I believe that she has been Donna who has mentioned Hashem's wedding, the Princes went to the celebrations before this wedding, which they were deprived ... I am not thinking about having read anything on the assistance of other members of royal European families.For historical and geographical circumstances, Spain has a very important relation with the Arabic monarchies, relation that is not equal of narrow for other European monarchies. The King Juan Carlos travelled to the funeral of the King Fahd and the Prince also has travelled to funeral others. Neither it is necessary to think only about the acts of the European Monarchies.
  #634  
Old 03-07-2007, 04:56 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
Is the Royal House playing safe?, the Kings are old and tired and the Infantas are important but have less royal rank and more kids, seems to me that Sofia and Juan Carlos will be more than happy to spend more time at home.
Perhaps the Kings did want to go to the birthday celebration of Carl Gustaf or Harald. They are actually the colleagues of the Kings'. The next birthday celebration will be in another 10 years and the Kings are also approaching 70. Nobody can predict the health condition of the people in their 60s or 70s the next 10 years although these days people tend to live longer.
  #635  
Old 03-07-2007, 05:33 AM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapian
It is not correct:

Don Felipe and its fiance'e had supper in Segovia with the military of their promotion Segovia.

18-4-2004 09:56: 07
Baptism of Ingrid Alexandra: 17-4-2004.
Well it is not the same date, and Ingrid christening was finnished at noon so he could be back in Spain the same day, if he had wanted to attend he could.
__________________
"Those who do not like you fall into two categories, the stupid and the envious"
-The Libertine
  #636  
Old 03-07-2007, 05:53 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,065
i also agree that it's a real shame they didn't attend to any complete celebrations of any royal gatherings. no sweden, no norway, just the gala in luxembourg, which we didn't see more than one photo. as we mentioned, they didn't attend ingrid's christening because of their inminent wedding either. it's a real shame. i would have no objections if they had an agenda to follow in spain (although it can easily be solved by the protocol staff, as dates for these kind of big celebrations are given to other royal houses way in advance), but they don't. would have been nice to see them last weekend in norway walking with the others and socialising.

let's keep figers crossed for queen sonja's celebrations in norway this year...
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #637  
Old 03-07-2007, 07:55 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapian
The Spanish monarchy is restored, has customs different from those from other European monarchies, is more austere, they do not make celebrations and they participate little in those of the others. The princes follow the customs of the Kings of Spain, in Spain would not see themselves well that the princes took a walk by all the celebrations of the European royalty, in addition, some of those celebrations agreed with official activities that could not change of date. In Spain it is not problem, our princes do what they must, work for the country and they alternate themselves with the rest of the Royal Family to participate in the celebrations of the royalty, at the moment, have gone to the wedding of Denmark, another one in Jordan and the celebration of Luxemburo, sufficient. On the contrary one would criticize them by frivolous and wasteful.

It's bad for the magazines and the royal-watchers, what's the problem for the Spaniards? none.

Sorry for mi translation, I don't have a good translator and mi Inglish is poor.

Your english is perfectly understable ( even for non english people ) and your aguments are totally relevant, but it's very strange nonbody of those who to haunt that the princes are answering to your pertinent remarks....For me this single fact is the proof of it's neither more of less that this topic is only an accusation on basis of assumptions but no facts doing by people who don't know very well the habits of the Royal family for this private events.

For the Princes of Asturias attempt at a princely wedding don't forget thes of a son of Noor of Jordania in april 2006 just before the Eastern mass in Palma and the "reapparition" official of Leonor after her christianing.


This discussion is absolutly comic because it's quite foreign people who overdoes it!
  #638  
Old 03-07-2007, 08:21 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,116
I also think that Filipe is to obsess by his wife and everything he does he only think of her!
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #639  
Old 03-07-2007, 11:10 AM
mapian's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., Spain
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Well it is not the same date, and Ingrid christening was finnished at noon so he could be back in Spain the same day, if he had wanted to attend he could.
A precision:
18-4-2004 it was the date of publication of the news in the newspaper, the date of the supper was 17-4-2004, the same date that the baptism. It is not possible to be gone from Norway to Spain in minutes, less if they travel in regular line, who are as our princes travel when they move to a private celebration.

Quote:
Carlota
would have been nice to see them last weekend in norway walking with the others and socialising
I think that the Spaniards would not be understood that the princes of Asturias went to a celebration in Norway 10 days after the death of Érica, in addition, the princess is pregnant of 7 months and very watched after her loss, from that day she does not travel outside Madrid, already will have other occasions to socialize, our princes are both very sociable and charming, they do not have problems to be related.

Quote:
Carlota
i would have no objections if they had an agenda to follow in spain (although it can easily be solved by the protocol staff, as dates for these kind of big celebrations are given to other royal houses way in advance), but they don't
Well, these celebrations are private, the work of the princes for Spain is official and high-priority.

Can be changed the date of a taking of possession of a foreign president, or a ceremony in a University? the agenda of the princes does not consist of taking the tea with the friends, are serious commitments with people and institutions that cannot be changed to go to a private celebration.

In the SRF, if the king goes to a celebration like these, the prince does not do (is a custom, not a rule), they are an exception, the celebrations of direct relatives. It is decision of the Kings who goes and who does not go, it is not decision of the princes.
  #640  
Old 03-07-2007, 11:32 AM
mapian's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., Spain
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I also think that Filipe is to obsess by his wife and everything he does he only think of her!
I don't think so, he does not neglect his obligations, on the contrary, from his wedding he has more public activities, he enjoys more making them and he does better.

In Spain we know that he's related to his friends, with those of his wife and with their family. Paparazzi does not catch them because they are very discreet and is difficult to watch them.

On the other hand, it's logical that after the death of the sister of the princess, and about his pregnancy, the prince is worried about his wife and tries to be all along possible near her, what good husband would not do it?
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marie-Chantal: Opinions karima Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 276 10-11-2016 02:26 PM
Opinions on strapless wedding dresses IloveCP Royal Weddings General Discussion 140 10-08-2016 07:45 PM
Your Opinions about Mabel carlota Prince Friso, Princess Mabel and Family 43 11-09-2013 06:14 AM
Statements, Opinions; Feelings ? michelle Princely Family of Monaco 37 04-20-2009 10:22 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece haakon kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince oscar princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess stéphanie's daytime outfits queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sheikh hamdan bin mohammed state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises