The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #581  
Old 02-18-2007, 02:47 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Yes, it's obvious, this article- well written, with the sens of the measure- is favorable to the Princesss of Asturias by a very pricefull way: with precise words regarding specific attacks against the Princess of Asturias, for which the autor may be were contributing telling nothing at the moment where they were writing. This article is a true recognition of errors.

Error of easy thaught for a woman whom the only fault is to be in love of a "Prince of blood". In the collective unconscious mind it could be necessary a fault bacause, even you are able to analyse a situation overtaking your normal appreciation of classical stratification of the society, it's very difficult to admit that marying a Crown Prince it can be a love affair.

In fact it's a very strong and deep love affair because a Crown Prince is not alone : it's a man with all his fellow citizen, it's a lot of people. It's a man with many significant duties very far away of the expression of the liberty of thaught that it was the way for a journalist wanting to succeed in her job respecting a strong ethic( Generally speaking :can you think that is easy?)

May be my sentences are too pompous but marying a Crown Prince it's too marying a country, a lot of contraints; is the equivalent of the disapearence of your ego to give it at the others, your citzen fellows.

You know very well, me too, that the main argument of the Letizia's detractors is : may be some time it could be a little upset but with such avantages, with such facilties in your diary life, with such possibilities to have a luxury life. One answer, in a certain way may be, but all that your are doing is to be criticized, to be systematically unconfirmed, begining you :who are you?

I don't think it's possible to have a first plan's role if you are all days long calling into question for little, absurd of irrelevant details.If you consider the landsacape in wich Letizia Ortiz is becoming Princess of Asturias, a mixing of anachronism and great modernity of a society which hardly thirty years ago was under the quiet despotic regime, you have to consider that if a wise Crown Prince is marying a plebeyan woman it's not only to give something to eat to a yellow press gossipthirsty.

This article, very acurate about the subject of the gossips, is a true lesson of humility.

Happily, it's possible to see journlists having reflexions!
__________________

  #582  
Old 02-18-2007, 04:21 AM
MissSaga's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 943
What is my opinion of Felipe and Letizia ?

Hmm .. I like them very much. I think they are a good looking couple, very in love, and they have cutest daughter. They appear happy. I've liked Letizia since the first time I saw her, which was at F&M's wedding. I still like her a lot.(not her fashions, but that another question lol) The only thing is that I find her so depended on her husband. A princess' job is not just to follow her husband around, but it's solo activities too. Involvments in something YOU find interesting and vital. I sort of feel sorry for her, because most of what they do, I could imagine, was something Felipe was most enthusiastic about, and sometimes she looks so bored at some meetings that last for a whole week or something(NO OFFENCE, I would too .. ) But they are very hardworking , and I like the fact that they are "a team" in a way.. And they way the hold hands is just endearing.Anyways, they , I think, have fulfilled their jobs as crownprinces of Spain very well. Felipe is very ready to be king IMO.
__________________

__________________
Why do all good things come to an end ?
  #583  
Old 02-18-2007, 07:23 AM
mapian's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., Spain
Posts: 230
Thanks so much, Elsa
  #584  
Old 02-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Roxsteve's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Any City, United States
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
Yes, it's obvious, this article- well written, with the sens of the measure- is favorable to the Princesss of Asturias by a very pricefull way: with precise words regarding specific attacks against the Princess of Asturias, for which the autor may be were contributing telling nothing at the moment where they were writing. This article is a true recognition of errors.

Error of easy thaught for a woman whom the only fault is to be in love of a "Prince of blood". In the collective unconscious mind it could be necessary a fault bacause, even you are able to analyse a situation overtaking your normal appreciation of classical stratification of the society, it's very difficult to admit that marying a Crown Prince it can be a love affair.

In fact it's a very strong and deep love affair because a Crown Prince is not alone : it's a man with all his fellow citizen, it's a lot of people. It's a man with many significant duties very far away of the expression of the liberty of thaught that it was the way for a journalist wanting to succeed in her job respecting a strong ethic( Generally speaking :can you think that is easy?)

May be my sentences are too pompous but marying a Crown Prince it's too marying a country, a lot of contraints; is the equivalent of the disapearence of your ego to give it at the others, your citzen fellows.

You know very well, me too, that the main argument of the Letizia's detractors is : may be some time it could be a little upset but with such avantages, with such facilties in your diary life, with such possibilities to have a luxury life. One answer, in a certain way may be, but all that your are doing is to be criticized, to be systematically unconfirmed, begining you :who are you?

I don't think it's possible to have a first plan's role if you are all days long calling into question for little, absurd of irrelevant details.If you consider the landsacape in wich Letizia Ortiz is becoming Princess of Asturias, a mixing of anachronism and great modernity of a society which hardly thirty years ago was under the quiet despotic regime, you have to consider that if a wise Crown Prince is marying a plebeyan woman it's not only to give something to eat to a yellow press gossipthirsty.

This article, very acurate about the subject of the gossips, is a true lesson of humility.

Happily, it's possible to see journlists having reflexions!

If the article would have criticized Letizia, the author would have been lying, a horrible person, a traitor, not a very good writer, etc. In my opinion, this is just one of many authors writing something about the prince and his wife. I don't necessarily believe what he writes as I don't believe the other ones (the ones who don't like her either). Yes, she has suffered a big blow with the passing of her sister, and her husband is not an amazing man for being with her...he did what any husband, who loves his wife, should do. Glorifying Felipe for being there for his wife is not the way. He did what he was expected to do. What kind of person would he be if he would have not been there for his wife. Letizia is a strong woman, but life goes on, and all of us have to go on. I admire her for that but I think the article is too much.
  #585  
Old 02-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
If the article would have criticized Letizia, the author would have been lying, a horrible person, a traitor, not a very good writer, etc. In my opinion, this is just one of many authors writing something about the prince and his wife. I don't necessarily believe what he writes as I don't believe the other ones (the ones who don't like her either). Yes, she has suffered a big blow with the passing of her sister, and her husband is not an amazing man for being with her...he did what any husband, who loves his wife, should do. Glorifying Felipe for being there for his wife is not the way. He did what he was expected to do. What kind of person would he be if he would have not been there for his wife. Letizia is a strong woman, but life goes on, and all of us have to go on. I admire her for that but I think the article is too much.
Juan Manuel de Prada is a well-known and well accomplished novelist and journalist with many prestigeous awards. So please don't confuse him with the 3rd rated gossip writers, mostly on the internet. He was in favor of the traditional equal royal marriage before he met Letizia in person a couple of times, had a long conversation with her. I believe if he hadn't changed his view on Letizia, were to write an article against an unequal marriage, he would have written in a very tasteful way, no cheap shots.
If you read his article carefully, the main ingrediant is not about how Letizia or Felipe handling the tragedy. The writer's opinions of Letizia had long formed before this tragedy.
  #586  
Old 02-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Costa, Spain
Posts: 90
The article was published in the serious and monarchist newspaper ABC.
  #587  
Old 02-25-2007, 08:41 PM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
If the article would have criticized Letizia, the author would have been lying, a horrible person, a traitor, not a very good writer, etc. In my opinion, this is just one of many authors writing something about the prince and his wife. I don't necessarily believe what he writes as I don't believe the other ones (the ones who don't like her either). Yes, she has suffered a big blow with the passing of her sister, and her husband is not an amazing man for being with her...he did what any husband, who loves his wife, should do. Glorifying Felipe for being there for his wife is not the way. He did what he was expected to do. What kind of person would he be if he would have not been there for his wife. Letizia is a strong woman, but life goes on, and all of us have to go on. I admire her for that but I think the article is too much.

You are totally right if my aunt was my uncle I shall tell him "my uncle" and the opposite, so what?

As I can see, it's difficult to admit that we can be eulogistic with the eulogIers and in a total consitant attitud,deny at the detractors theirs systematic quarrel to undervalue people that they don't like. It's quiet normal but not very rewarding. It's obious that goes on for every body and all of us have to go on - You can't imagine what this words can have as signification for people who has suffering a personal drama- but I' m going to say does'nt matter because it's not the life of the others which interst me but the life of the Princes of Asturias.
  #588  
Old 02-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Mari_*'s Avatar
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pty, Panama
Posts: 1,047
Thanks for the ABC article mapian.. very good and interesing! =)
__________________
..F&L..
  #589  
Old 02-26-2007, 05:51 AM
Rossina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: *****, India
Posts: 5,417
I love them sooooo much ....
  #590  
Old 02-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: newyork, United States
Posts: 479
Smile

I think they are a good couple who love each other and always have. I also think they work really hard for their country and love it.
  #591  
Old 02-28-2007, 08:45 AM
mapian's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., Spain
Posts: 230
El Semanal Digital=

An other article abaut Princess Letizia, from a journalist who has known her in person and has changed his opinion on her, opinion that she had through the commentaries of others.

It's difficult to translate it for me, but in summary, she says that when knowing and speaking with her during minutes, its glance has said many things to her on the princess and now she admires her and is not in agreement with the critics that have received, this phrase is very pretty:

Letizia has the sincere glance; sad, yes, but clean, and that it could not pretend nor Bette Davis in its better times. Today I know that, him in spite of who weighs to him, woman that has chosen heir of crown is real princess and for me, what do you want that I say to you, has been a magnificent and rewarding discovery.

If somebody can translate it better, I thank for it.
  #592  
Old 02-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Costa, Spain
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapian
If somebody can translate it better, I thank for it.
The article isn't easy to translate, but can be summarized like this.

Ely del Valle used to believe everything she heard about Letizia: she liked her when she heard positive appraisals and she disliked her when she heard criticism.

In the next paragaphs, Ely states some of the crudest attacks against Letizia.

But then, she says, on February 27 she had the opportunity to talk with Letizia for ten minutes. From the moment she looked into her eyes, she started feeling a strong sympathy for Letizia, because she saw a clean gaze. For her, that gaze was the evidence Letizia was a real princess.
  #593  
Old 02-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Paty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 3,878
Dear Duncan, what a magnific summary! You have described very well and briefly the article.
  #594  
Old 02-28-2007, 01:31 PM
mapian's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., Spain
Posts: 230
Thanks so much Duncan
  #595  
Old 03-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Roxsteve's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Any City, United States
Posts: 665
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
You are totally right if my aunt was my uncle I shall tell him "my uncle" and the opposite, so what?

As I can see, it's difficult to admit that we can be eulogistic with the eulogIers and in a total consitant attitud,deny at the detractors theirs systematic quarrel to undervalue people that they don't like. It's quiet normal but not very rewarding. It's obious that goes on for every body and all of us have to go on - You can't imagine what this words can have as signification for people who has suffering a personal drama- but I' m going to say does'nt matter because it's not the life of the others which interst me but the life of the Princes of Asturias.
I'm not sure I understand your point. But don't assume that other people have never suffered blows like Letizia's. I'm not sure I get it.
  #596  
Old 03-02-2007, 01:47 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,734
I must said that now I appreciate Princess Letizia a little more than before (not for the tragedy she is overcoming these last days but for she seems to love the Prince of Asturias a great deal). I must confess that I'm legitimist, and that I like Royal, equal marriages, not for I despises commoners (I'm a commoner myself, so I wouldn't do such an idiot thing ) but for a conception of Monarchy that would be very difficult for me to explain here, since my English is REALLY bad and I wouldn't say what I really want to say. Of course, I'm always a fighter for love unions, but love unions are not always "unequal". One of the most great loves among Royals was the one of Queen Victoria of England and Prince Albert, and other, the one of Empress Alexandra of Russia and her husband, Tsar Nicholas II...Without mentioning other famous "love unions" among Royals circles. It IS natural for Royals to marry among them, since they attend the same parties, ceremonies, official acts, etc, etc...However, time to time, it's not bad for them to marry a "commoner". The bad thing for me it's that today they almost ALWAYS marries a commoner, and they seems even to search to marry them. IN some years to come, Royals would not have a single drop of Royal blood, and for me at least, it's a great pity.

Princess Letizia seems to be a good woman, and I do not believe she is the monster that some papers would make of her. I do not believe she is a saint,either. I still trying to make my mind about how she really is. Prince Felipe is not my kind of good Crown Prince either, even if he is awfully good looking and is from Royal birth. You may call me old-fashioned (and I'm really am! ), but he seems much more a man of bussiness, an enterprise owner than a Prince (and this is a default I noticed in many of the new Crown Princes, excepting , maybe Prince Frederick of Denmark). So, we can criticize Princess Letizia, but she is not so different than her husband.

But we must not forget that they are Infanta Leonor's parents and that this girl is the hope of Spanish Monarchy. If we have something to say about the Princes of Asturias, the littel Infanta could relieve us of our critics. I've a great faith in the little and wonderful "Monarchy Sprouts" that are appearing all the world around. I'm sure that they will do a succeful task.

I like and love Spanish Monarchy, but for this, I'm in between of the opinions.

Vanesa.
  #597  
Old 03-02-2007, 06:12 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Vanessa, your explanation is very topic because with great sincerity you are telling how is for you the Monarchy.

You notice, very accurately that Felipe of Spain looks more a buisinessman rather a Crown Prince, I can't share totally your opinion because in the absolute it don't exist a Crown Prince Pattern. For me, if at the XVII and XVIII th century a Crown Princes had to Know the War's Art as a model of structuration of their personality, at the end of XX th and at the beginiing of the XXI th century the war is economic. If the Prince of Asturias can have the spirit of entrepreneur knowing the economic's workings of his country is the proof that his studies was the good ones because nowaday a country as Spain needs more as Crown Prince a economic connoissor and as a leader a man who works for the peace, for that I'm sure that the Prince of Asturias is a very good Crown Prince in tune with the times.

I want to add that I 'm just discovering the "enlightened face" of the Prince in the XVIIIth century meaning because more his necessary business approach of the Society, he has a great interest for intelectual and scientific fields as astronomy and his first fight seems to be the protection of the planet. Why not ? It's a beautiful fight, isen't it?
  #598  
Old 03-02-2007, 07:44 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,116
Like all other Royal couples they are friendly, have a friendly look all the time, smilling to everyone, waving goodbye, kissing, shaking hands, having a friendly smile, having a normal and casual conversation, speaking to journalists sometimes, chating about normal things, we don't have anything wrong to say about them has we don't have anything wrong to say about all other Royal Couples. They are doing their job so they have the same posture and attitude towards their work! In private we really can't tell anything because we don't know, everything we say - pure expeculation!
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #599  
Old 03-02-2007, 08:46 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Like all other Royal couples they are friendly, have a friendly look all the time, smilling to everyone, waving goodbye, kissing, shaking hands, having a friendly smile, having a normal and casual conversation, speaking to journalists sometimes, chating about normal things, we don't have anything wrong to say about them has we don't have anything wrong to say about all other Royal Couples. They are doing their job so they have the same posture and attitude towards their work! In private we really can't tell anything because we don't know, everything we say - pure expeculation!

Right about their public life, they are acting according their agenda exactly as all Crown Princes 's couples ..... who have so much work! ( Certainely for the prince of Walls and the Duchess of Cornwall, even they don't be my cup of tea ) If your are good observor you can't denied that the percentage of working time for the Princes of Asturias is not quiet the same, neither range of their activity is much larger than for instance these of the Princes of Brabant or Danish Crown Princes ( for the Belgian and danish Crown Princes it's normal becauseit's an internal question of Constitional attributions)

For their private life as you say all must be only speculation because they are very descret and they want descretion, that's all!
  #600  
Old 03-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Costa, Spain
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
his first fight seems to be the protection of the planet. Why not ? It's a beautiful fight, isen't it?
Nothing wrong with that, although I don't remember Felipe fighting for the protection of the planet.

If you are talking about that time when the Spanish public television showed him in a ten-chapter documentary series about animals, that was ten years ago. Nevertheless, I appreciate the fact he isn't a hunter.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marie-Chantal: Opinions karima Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 276 10-11-2016 02:26 PM
Opinions on strapless wedding dresses IloveCP Royal Weddings General Discussion 140 10-08-2016 07:45 PM
Your Opinions about Mabel carlota Prince Friso, Princess Mabel and Family 43 11-09-2013 06:14 AM
Statements, Opinions; Feelings ? michelle Princely Family of Monaco 37 04-20-2009 10:22 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events danish calendar duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style ingrid alexandra kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy movies new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit royal fashion september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises