The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 01:35 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i would have to agree with roxsteve and brian_ahern, i don't think she would have refrained from being a princess.
I just want to make one tiny correction: I didn't comment on whether or not any woman would automatically say yes to a prince. I stayed away from that one...:)

Old 10-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Commoner

Unhappy

What I admire of Letizia ? Absolutely nothing... I don't really like her... I didn't want this marriage to happen... I think Felipe would have done better to marry someone of the aristocracy or noble... :( But that's just my point of view...

Old 10-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Nobility

I admire Princess letizia, because she's still Her.She didn't change.There is no better picture than letizia taking her husband prince into her Grandmother Little Home in Asturias.She can have say we stay into a Hotel.But from the Beginnig she learn to felipe, that her Family is very, very important to her, and that no prince will change that.I love to see felipe lowering his head to enter that home.And stay there for days with letizia's grany's isn't that lovely? Yust that simple little thing show me what kind off person she is.An that's why y yust love her.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Aristocracy

What Bothers You About Letizia And Felipe

All this discussion about what bothers people about Fred and Mary got me wondering: "I wonder what bothers people about other royal couples...say for example Letizia and Felipe
Old 03-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Nothing bothers me about them:)
Old 03-02-2006, 12:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil princess lost
All this discussion about what bothers people about Fred and Mary got me wondering: "I wonder what bothers people about the Prince and Princess of Austrius?"
I second Crisinaki's answer :) .
Old 03-02-2006, 12:47 AM
Heir Apparent

And they are the Prince and Princess of Asturias
Old 03-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Royal Highness

...and Princes of Viana and Princes of Girona, that does make our couple two princedoms over their northern cousins.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
I second Crisinaki's answer :) .

I third that ,they are rather a model to follow....

They are both heighly and well educated.

They both take their roles seriously and not only a kind of opportunity to make a name on medias....yet not by being everywhere only to be e or to make covers as it's done elsewhere

Letizia represents well her culture and country: she carries a true image of the spanish working woman and not a fake fabricated one for medias.

She built her career alone,and not by connections...

She promotes very well her country as she carries a knowlegable style,which is an elegant one without being too much and please using only spanish brands...
Old 03-02-2006, 03:02 AM
Courtier

I can't say there is anything that bothers me about Felipe & Letizia...

Although, they aren't a couple I take a particular interest in as such, I still enjoy hearing about them and looking to see what they have been up to from time to time.

I'm not a fan of many of Letizia's outfits (a reflection of conservative Spanish ideals perhaps?), but there have been a few where I think she looked, without a doubt...stunning!

I find something quite romantic about the difference in height too...Letizia being so petite & Felipe quite tall. They look good together, I think.

I think they're a great match...but I think that all the Crown Princely couples are!

"MII"
Old 03-02-2006, 03:14 AM
Heir Apparent

This thread is kind of pointless don't you all think so?
Old 03-02-2006, 03:46 AM
Courtier

Ditto!!! Nothing bothers me about this wonderful, loving, dedicated and extremely hardworking royal couple.

They take their role seriously yet at the same time bringing warm, approachability, sincerity and at times even fun into their work. They seem happy to be with their people and their surroundings.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:51 AM
Heir Apparent

We should change the thread's name for: What do you like about Felipe and Letizia?
Old 03-02-2006, 04:19 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am not bothered by the couple either. I actually think there aren't to many things that can bother anyone, considering that they both are hardworking and seem to be very friendly & dedicated people.

Contrairy to other royals they are usually more involved in state-things, I guess (like now the investure of the portuguese president), while the younger royals of smaller countries more diversify to causes (PoO: Water-managment, Duke of Brabant:Economic missions etc). It probably has to do with the more prominent role Spain has in the world, especially in South-America.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:34 AM
Courtier

After all what spain has done to latin america, at least in the latest century their approach has been more constructive and positive. It is good to see how the king, the queen and the prince are being very involved in latin america, not only participating to state events but helping in many other ways.

About the thread, i dont think it is important what bothers us about the princes (or any other royals), the important thing is that they are supported in their own countries and do the work their country is expecting them to do. As for Letizia and Felipe, they are one of the most busiest couples in the royal circle.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
This thread is kind of pointless don't you all think so?
No..I don't think it pointless...if there can be threads such as this made for other royals, then Felipe & Letizia should not be imune to such criticisms, if and when they arise.

"MII"
Old 03-02-2006, 04:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza
Ditto!!! Nothing bothers me about this wonderful, loving, dedicated and extremely hardworking royal couple.

They take their role seriously yet at the same time bringing warm, approachability, sincerity and at times even fun into their work. They seem happy to be with their people and their surroundings.
I agree totaly. Have you seen the numbers of speechs that Felipe has to prononce in roughly a month ! He has to prepare it ( writing or rewriting, learning, etc...) it's very astonishing !
Old 03-02-2006, 05:24 AM
Courtier

I dont know about Felipe, but many state leaders and royals have their own staff that help them to elaborate their speechs.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't say anything bothers me about this couple, they're down to earth, are hardworking and seem to love each other a grear deal. Moreover they have beautiful little girl.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
I dont know about Felipe, but many state leaders and royals have their own staff that help them to elaborate their speechs.
Indeed Ariel :)

It would be most likely if not the case, that the Prince of Asturias does have someone who drafts his speeches for him. This of course isn't to say that he doesn't have a substantial input with what is written, I am sure he does and rightly so.

"MII"