Your Opinions About Felipe and Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to the Princess for being there at the private luncheon, after all this shows her comittment to the duties of the Royal House!

And even though this was a private event (the luncheon at the Zarzuela), being there is polite because it shows the Saudi guests the the Princess cares about giving the delegation a warm welcoming.

People are complaining because she was absent in the official acts, but why don't they think about the positive image that being at the luncheon gave to the Saudi guests? It proves that she cares for them, and hence for the relations of Spain with Saudi Arabia!

Remember that the Royal Family does public relations for their country, and that is exactly what the Princess was doing at the luncheon!

Bravo Letizia, you have a fan here.

Congratulations to the Princess for being there at the private luncheon, after all this shows her comittment to the duties of the Royal House!

And even though this was a private event (the luncheon at the Zarzuela), being there is polite because it shows the Saudi guests the the Princess cares about giving the delegation a warm welcoming.

People are complaining because she was absent in the official acts, but why don't they think about the positive image that being at the luncheon gave to the Saudi guests? It proves that she cares for them, and hence for the relations of Spain with Saudi Arabia!

Remember that the Royal Family does public relations for their country, and that is exactly what the Princess was doing at the luncheon!

Bravo Letizia, you have a fan here.

Very good analysis because totally in the topic: the Key of Saudi Arabia's visit.

What is the most important for this visit, first I presume the host and his delegation himself and due for that all the official acts whithout "disturbations" as the return to the official life of the Princess of Asturias who could robed the first plan of the diary with her pics. It's nor very diplomatic, isen't it for a country where the woman are veiled? But always for a diplomatic way to demostrate how linked are this two Real Families, why in a private luncheon the closer part of the family couldn't be here in a place where a baby can be here in room very near ? Mainly whithout to oblige the Princess to cross over Madrid before to be near the little Sofia. It's so elemantary that I'm very surprised by all this sounds for nothing because the main purposes in this visit is the link between Saudia Arabia, not to see if the Princess of Asturias has cutted his hairs.

I have to remember you that the post partum depression was yet recalled after the Leonor's birth during the Letizia's mother rest, and I fera that it was yet the genial Peñafiel who had spoke about that, it's not a new gingle....:lol:

I am sure she is seated according to protocol and it's an honour indeed. But she does not look happy at all or somehow involved in a conversation.

If it was by protocol, than the queen wouldve been seated next to K.Abdulla not Letizia, so i guess protocol was absent at the time

What if the Saudis took the picture of their King and Letizia just "happened" to be in the picture. Most people in the world do not even know (or care) that Spain has a princess. Just a thought!

What if the Saudis took the picture of their King and Letizia just "happened" to be in the picture. Most people in the world do not even know (or care) that Spain has a princess. Just a thought!

I don't think the Saudis took the picture and Letizia just "happened" to be in it because she's at the center frame while the 2 Kings were at far right of the frame. I think that the Saudis know that Spain has princesses, wouldn't you think? Besides JC would've introduced the Princess of Asturias to the Saudi delegation at the luncheon.

I didn't see her, but was the Queen at the luncheon? And were these the only two "private photos" that the Saudi Royal House released?

LadyFinn

I´m a newbie here, hello to you all! I like and respect the Princes of Asturias a lot, they work very hard for their country and they have a lovely family.
As for Letizia´s maternity leave - I think the three month´s maternity leave which she had with Leonor, was quite appropriate, and it seems to me that she´s doing the same with Sofia.
Here in Finland the maternity leave lasts 105 working days (five days a week). Of these mothers are to use between 30-50 days before giving birth and between 55-75 days afterwards. After the maternity leave there is the
parental leave, that lasts 158 working days. Usually the mother of the child is on parental leave, but both parents can be on parental leave by turns. The father of the child has a right to the paternity leave amounts to 18 days. It can be taken during maternity or parental leave in up to four stages.
I´m already looking for lovely family photos from the baptism of Sofia - and the holidays in Palma!

For that so much they discuss the protocol, which is bad seated he is the King Juan Carlos. Such and like they are the distributions in the luncheons and official dinners in Spain, a Chief of State should be opposite other one, and to the side the retainers would be distributed man - woman by range ... what happens is that this type of distributions complicate when the guest is alone or when like in this case there are many men and very few women. I imagine that in this case the King will have wanted to sit down next to the Saudi King because with him his guest will be more comfortable, and the Queen is the one that has sat down face.

On the appearances of the Princesses, to Maxima did not see her for any more than two months, and the Dutch press does not create these scandals. Mary has appeared but in acts more private than public, except the trip in the Danneborg, and it was a very brief appearance. What happens in Spain is that Letizia is a vein, and when the journalists are sincere, they recognize it. The Kings and the Prince continue with an intense activity, but the follow-up is infinitely minor that when Letizia is present, and not only in the yellow programs of television, but also in the informative ones and the serious newspapers. The news of the Saudi photo was yesterday between most read of the webs of the newspapers of this country.If the Infantas are one month without acts, it is not important, if the Queen suspends two visits of State for being sick or disappears one week (out of the habitual period of vacations) and she goes away of trip with her sister, they do not even mention it.

Do what she does it is going to be a topic of debate, if she goes because she goes to a few acts and to others not, if she goes away before to attend to the girl because she goes away before, if she had restarted the whole official agenda because she is a bad mother .... the topic is to speak about her.

What seems to be absurd is that the Royal Household has to organize some private activity, but that is public in order that the photographers do photos and are calm. They had Leonor three days, the family posed to the exit of the clinic and now it begins the summer and they are going to get bored with photos and with topics for gossip. Tomorrow it had to celebrate the Onomástica of the King, a perfect moment to be able to see Letizia and the girls, but the King goes away of trip to China, and has decided not to celebrate his Onomástica (it seems that he likes every year less). This it is a logical moment, but is the own King whom every year interests less.

IMO the PoAs haven't found their balance with the media yet, still a long way to go and behaviour like this won't help. Obviously there is a lack of respect or silent understanding and they should start working on this relationship now, otherwise they will have to fasten their seatbelts once the old man has gone.

You want PoAs to start working with the likes of Jaime Penafiel or Paloma Barrientos ? You got to be kidding. The 'heart' programs always like to talk trivialities on the famous people they found interesting and would sell. It's slow right now and Letizia is on maternity leave, a few pink press journalists were desperate for topics. When the old man is gone, Letizia will likely in her mid to late fourties, probably not interesting anymore for the pink press. I doubt they will make a big fuss over two poor quality pictures of her 10-15 years from now.
The EFE photographers not being invited to the private lunch or dinner had happened before. The decision was obviously not made by Felipe or Letizia, why blame on them ?

I´m a newbie here, hello to you all! I like and respect the Princes of Asturias a lot, they work very hard for their country and they have a lovely family.
As for Letizia´s maternity leave - I think the three month´s maternity leave which she had with Leonor, was quite appropriate, and it seems to me that she´s doing the same with Sofia.
Here in Finland the maternity leave lasts 105 working days (five days a week). Of these mothers are to use between 30-50 days before giving birth and between 55-75 days afterwards. After the maternity leave there is the
parental leave, that lasts 158 working days. Usually the mother of the child is on parental leave, but both parents can be on parental leave by turns. The father of the child has a right to the paternity leave amounts to 18 days. It can be taken during maternity or parental leave in up to four stages.
I´m already looking for lovely family photos from the baptism of Sofia - and the holidays in Palma!

Welcome to the Board LadyFinn and a very interesting post! :flowers:

If it was by protocol, than the queen wouldve been seated next to K.Abdulla not Letizia, so i guess protocol was absent at the time

I agree with you that protocol was absent in this event; but I have to disagree that Letizia broke it because in this case, it's clearly Juan Carlos that did it.

If we revert back to other lunches/dinners offered for other visiting heads-of-state, the King and Queen (being main host and hostess) never sit on the same side of the table. The male head-of-state or the husband of a female head-of state sits between the Queen and the Princess of Asturias; while the female head-of-state or the wife of a male head-of-state sits in between the King and the Prince of Asturias.

Lunch in honor of President and Mrs. Kirchner of Agentina (from Casa Real):
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/casareal/1150901249630.jpg

Dinner in honor of President and Mrs. Calderon of Mexico (from Isifa and Casa Real):
http://www.isifa.com/photo/preview/13292960.jpg
http://www.isifa.com/photo/preview/13289347.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/2007-29-01_presidentes_mexicanos/cenamexico2.jpg

Considering the above, the King of Saudi Arabia should have been seated between Sofia and Letizia. But, I would suppose that Juan Carlos just wanted to sit beside his friend, so he decided to break the protocol.

Although one could also argue that maybe the King could have switched with the Princess instead of the Queen... Unfortunately, what would have resulted out of that is more undesirable because it will be like shifting the balance of power to favor one side of the table where you place your primary host and hostess -- and, this will be insulting to other important personalities sitted on the other side.

I notice that in this forum there are people who do not like Letizia and will find fault in everything she does. On the other hand, there are those who like her and think she is doing a great job.

I notice that in this forum there are people who do not like Letizia and will find fault in everything she does. On the other hand, there are those who like her and think she is doing a great job.

yes very true & some preffer other royals on royals. Thats what makes a forum fun & intresting, different views and opinions.

People are going to like others on others for certain reasons & we should all respect what others think, cant convience them in liking someone if they dont.:flowers:

That exact sentence counts for pretty much any other princess.

That's the way it is.

You want PoAs to start working with the likes of Jaime Penafiel or Paloma Barrientos ? You got to be kidding. The 'heart' programs always like to talk trivialities on the famous people they found interesting and would sell. It's slow right now and Letizia is on maternity leave, a few pink press journalists were desperate for topics. When the old man is gone, Letizia will likely in her mid to late fourties, probably not interesting anymore for the pink press. I doubt they will make a big fuss over two poor quality pictures of her 10-15 years from now.
The EFE photographers not being invited to the private lunch or dinner had happened before. The decision was obviously not made by Felipe or Letizia, why blame on them ?

I was referring to the situation in general, not about this event because what happened was not within the responsibility of Felipe and Letizia but Zarzuela's.

I actually think that their relationship with the media does lack a bit of respect - respect from the media towards Felipe and Letizia. Of course they should not work with the Yellow Press or Penafiel who I wouldn't call a serious journalist, rather the opposite. It seems that given the press doesn't dare to bother the King, they are concentrating on them and I feel that they have already given in too much or act unfortunate. On the one hand they annoy the press with not showing up for over six weeks or not showing Leonor for many weeks and provoke gossip or critizism with this behaviour but on the other hand they allow or even answer superpersonal questions like if Sofia is being breastfed or if Letizia was present at her sister's flat after she died. It's pretty rude of the press to even ask questions like these and I was even more surprised when they gave a comment.

IMO they should draw a line towards Yellow Press or people like Penafiel and not comment on every stupid thing they bring up and at the same time just satisfy the wish for a photoshoot every now and then and, most importantly, act transparently.

This is what I meant with my remark when the old man has gone: If they are unable to find a way in dealing with the press that shows at least mutual respect, they will face a tough way ahead as IMO Letizia will never lose the attention of the press, even in her fourties or fifties. Her background, the situation she married into and what she already went through will always provide the press with plenty of suggestions, true or not, why she is happy - or even better unhappy, from a magazine selling point of view - more than any other Princess or Queen around.

Once again, as in those sad years of censorship, the Spaniards have found out that Letizia still "exists", according to the photography published in the German press of which is author the photographer of the King of Arabia. Why that night wasn't even allowed the presence of Efe agency at least?,
Oh dear, I knew Penafiel was a fool but ignorant?!

Before he begins such pathetic criticism he could at least have the decency to look at the Saudi customs and ways of doing things. The Saudi monarchy is not a Western monarchy, if there were no Spanish journalists present that is most likely due to a request by the Saudis. They don't have hugely publicised events and are not like other Arab/Muslim Royals eg, Morocco and Jordan who do.

Moreover surely he should be aiming his criticism at the King as it is he who makes the decisions, not Letizia? Or is he too cowardly to even get his facts straight?

Not all of them. I do not like Princess letizia, nor dislike her, either. I admit I've choosen another wife for Prince Felipe if it was in MY hands, but the affair was HIS, not mine, then...:D

I have no problem with Princess Letizia "the woman", but for her as being "the Princess of Asturias". I know I'm archaic in my social and political conceptions, but I'm in my right of making public what are my personal toughts. I have my ideas about what Monarchy must be (or is) and in what kind of manipulate institution it is becoming. I can be wrong or not, that's right. But my disagrements with Princess Letizia are related to the kind of "new Monarchy" that she "represents", and in any way to her as an independent person. In the other handm she is the mother of two little Infantas with royal blood on them, and then I must be respectuous of her just because of that. I've the secret hope of being Monarchy having a new life in the persons of this new generations of royals. So, you may see me objecting some things Princess of Asturias is doing, but never attacking her in a vicious way, or insulting her with vulgar, offensive words. That's not me.

But there is other people who doesn't like her plainly. I think they are in their right too. You must not be angry at them for this...If they doesn't act like people without any education, calling the Princess names and shouting she is disgusting, etc, etc. All can be said with respect and always thinking about the other person as a person, and not like a personal enemy.

And then there is the other who likes her, only for she is from a commoner origine, and saws her as the revenger of common woman of the people or something like that. For them, she is an angel, the perfect woman, dinamic, democratic, stylish, who brings democratic styles to the Royal House of Spain. They treats her as if she was their intimate friend, their sister, a person very close to them. They uses to call her "Leti", as they could have called a beloved aunty. I think it's allright to like a person. But the Princess of Asturias is not a movie star, nor a rock singer.

I think all of us (me included!) are projecting our own views on her, and on what we are excpecting of her. This is nonsense. What about judging Princess Letizia only for what she is doing?

Hope we may speak about her without these violent fanaticism and emotions that sometimes makes us discuss.

Vanesa.

I've been searching for pictures of Letizia during the luncheon with the King of Saudi Arabia but unfortunately I didn't find anything. Can somebody please post a picture here. I want to see Letizia and comment whether she's seated right beside the King of Saudi ARabia. Thanks.;)

I've been searching for pictures of Letizia during the luncheon with the King of Saudi Arabia but unfortunately I didn't find anything. Can somebody please post a picture here. I want to see Letizia and comment whether she's seated right beside the King of Saudi ARabia. Thanks.;)

check this post

It was great to see her again; She looked good, but I would be very frightened about sitting next to the king of Saudi Arabia, but she handled it with bravour ;) (not that I was there..)

She should be at home, with her two children for now. It's good that she attended this lunch, but that doesn't mean that her maternity leave is over.

There is a mistake that great people here and on that often the journalists comment non-stop ... to personalize in Letizia decisions that are of others. The decisions are taken by the King and those who work for him ... of the Zarzuela there does not go out a news that does not depend on the King and that they work for him ... because the Princes of Asturias have not even chief of press, not chief of protocol ... the prince only has a secretary for years that there is more the most discreet person who works for the Royal House.

I would like to know, for those that criticize her work as Princess, what she does badly. I will not stop thinking that it is expiring very well with the role that they have assigned to her ... because I never forget it, that to her the House of her Majesty the King is the one that grants the role.

Of the same way, I get tired of seeing since they are censured in the Princess, attitudes that the members of the Royal House have supported for years. But before the press was different, and the follow-up of the Family was more discreet enough ... good the same one that they have now when not is Letizia... It gives the impression of which the Royal House has not realized that the things have changed, that the today press, it is not the press of 30 years ago ... and it does not affect only them, it affects politicians, aristocrats, prominent figures ... and many of them already have taken their measurements to minimize the effect.

I actually think that their relationship with the media does lack a bit of respect - respect from the media towards Felipe and Letizia. Of course they should not work with the Yellow Press or Penafiel who I wouldn't call a serious journalist, rather the opposite.

The problem is only with yelow press, not with the serious press, the serious press admires and respects them. In Spain have a lot of gossip tv programs with very mutch audience. Tath's the problem.

It seems that given the press doesn't dare to bother the King, they are concentrating on them and I feel that they have already given in too much or act unfortunate.

The SRH never respond to articles or commentaries of the yellow press, think that it is worse, because that gives them the opportunity to extend the controversy indefinitely. If you respond to them, you are recognizing them estatus. I don't know if it is the best policy, but is its policy.

On the one hand they annoy the press with not showing up for over six weeks or not showing Leonor for many weeks and provoke gossip or critizism with this behaviour but on the other hand they allow or even answer superpersonal questions like if Sofia is being breastfed or if Letizia was present at her sister's flat after she died. It's pretty rude of the press to even ask questions like these and I was even more surprised when they gave a comment.

The princes don't have the obligation to let themselves photograph, nor to show their daughters every certain time. The pink and yellow press wants them to make business, knows that they sell more with photos and news of the princess and their daughters, for that reason presses so that they are let make photos, the Spaniards don't press.

The princes follow the custom of the SRF, call to the press for their official acts, also for some familiar acts, other times do not call them but it is known that they are going to go to a concrete place, for example in the birthdays of the children of the Dukes of Palma and they are always let see during its vacations in Spain (Majorca, Asturias, Lanzarote). It is very difficult to photograph the princes, the princess, the infants, in some deprived exit, but nonimpossible, it is allowed to take photos in public places and if they find them they photograph them. I think that this press has been created a necessity and try to force the princes to satisfy it, the princes do not have to yield to those pressures. I think that it isn't reason for change their customs, if change one, where puts the limit?

Yes, princess answered to the question on nursing sofía, but nonmemory that asked to him abaut her sister after she's dead. You are a man? I think that the women we naturally spoke to nurse our children, the question became a woman, to the women did not seems rude to us (not for me), but I understand that, to the men, it seems rude to them.

IMO they should draw a line towards Yellow Press or people like Penafiel and not comment on every stupid thing they bring up and at the same time just satisfy the wish for a photoshoot every now and then and, most importantly, act transparently.

This is what I meant with my remark when the old man has gone: If they are unable to find a way in dealing with the press that shows at least mutual respect, they will face a tough way ahead as IMO Letizia will never lose the attention of the press, even in her fourties or fifties. Her background, the situation she married into and what she already went through will always provide the press with plenty of suggestions, true or not, why she is happy - or even better unhappy, from a magazine selling point of view - more than any other Princess or Queen around.

I don't understand, you propose that they resist to requests of photos? or you propose that they provide photos frequently?

Because you think that Letizia will have the attention of the magazines more time than other royals? what has special she?

sorry, the English is not my first language, is evident.

I would like to know, for those that criticize her work as Princess, what she does badly.
you asked a good question...

I have come to a conclucion that people might not like the way she dresses therefore dont like her or might not like her as a wife for felipe therefore not like her at all.

I think we should all judge fairly here, she does her job well, Felipe & the king & queen seem to be proud of her, she might not have her own schedule as she should but she is soon goingto have it. she might not dress as we would all like but come to the bottom of this all, she presents Spain as a very modern, intelligent figure

Thanks for the pic ;). Well, honestly I'm a bit surprised that Letizia is the one sitting beside the King of Saudi Arabia. My first thought was Felipe would be sitting next to the King since I think the current King of the host country and the future King should be seated beside the guest. Well, I don't really know the SRF's protocol. Maybe something happened there. Was this picture released in the media? Not that I don't like Letizia. I'm just surprised but it's really great that at least she attended another royal function even if we didn't see a lot of pictures. :p

Last edited:
Mapian has explained enough good, which is the situation of the press in Spain, unfortunately the freedom of expression of the press has turned at liberty of defamation. The Royal Household has decided to leave them and sometimes this it is not the best solution. There is stupid news that it is better to pass ... but there are other questions that are serious and that cannot face well. On Letizia there have been hundreds of news false, manipulated, the more important and different some less ... and they are left to pass.

A clear example is the topic of the children, the Infantas have taken more than one displeasure for the attitude of the press ... the Infanta Elena has got angry at some time for lla attitude of the press at the edge of the college of the children, and the Infanta Cristina did not like at all the photos of her children in pajamas. Froilán, or rather, Felipe has been the major victim of the press (till now), it was the first grandson of the Kings, a nice and naughty child, and the press always has done business with him. But Leonor has come, and now it is the aim of the barbarities that the press says to press her parents. The Princes have been firm, and only they have extracted the girl in the occasions that traditionally (before this obsession of the press) one was showing to the grandchildren of the kings. The Princes have to control the situation, because but the girls will finish worse than Froilán, and the press will not have any limit ... more now that they have discovered that Leonor is funny, and this it is a great business for them.
Spain has protection laws with the infancy, but the press does not follow them with the grandchildren of the Kings ... but on the other hand the Royal Household does not put limits either, and the press does not have the self-control that could be 5 years ago.

It was great to see her again; She looked good, but I would be very frightened about sitting next to the king of Saudi Arabia, but she handled it with bravour ;) (not that I was there..)
What is frightening about King Abdullah?

MissSaga said:
She should be at home, with her two children for now. It's good that she attended this lunch, but that doesn't mean that her maternity leave is over.
Unfortunately as this thread demonstrates she cannot do so without being the subject of silly articles.

I would like to know, for those that criticize her work as Princess, what she does badly. I will not stop thinking that it is expiring very well with the role that they have assigned to her ... because I never forget it, that to her the House of her Majesty the King is the one that grants the role.

I don't dislike Letizia, rather the opposite: I admire her for her professional attitude, for her brave decision to marry into the SRF and for her endless dedication to work hard for Spain, together with Felipe. She gave up a lot and I think therefore she deserves respect.

What I dislike is the way she is being presented, from her role to her recent clothing. I have given my opinion in several posts before so I don't want to repeat myself.

As Letizia's role and everything that goes with it is defined by Zarzuela - and I find their attitude unfortunate and out of date on many occasions - they should get the stick instead of Letizia but unfortunately it's her who has to deal with the results such as critizism, rude comments or lies.

I feel rather sorry for her because this defined role doesn't give any space for the "real" Letizia with all her strengths and assets. I will be one of her strongest admirers from the day they allow her to be an independent consort and to show what she's really capable of.

Last edited:
Thanks Lula for your explanations, as you Spain from the interior by living here you can explain some uses than - for me - could seem very strange for example about the press behaviour to the grandchildren of the King. Generally speaking the children' right are very protected in Europe, and I can imagine in Spain too. It's not a reason because they are gandchildren of the king to make them circus figures only for the benefice of the yellow press.

I agree about the fact that the princes don't have any obligation, except the uses of the Royal house to " show" theirs girls, as I could read. It's a tragic confusion made by the yellow press which make an inversion of thaught: the yellow press need Infantitas's pictures to leave not the opposite. The journalists who say that the Pinces have to show theirs little baby girls as a state obligation are making a stupide confusion. It's totally obvious, isen'it?

This thread is totally apocalyptic because we have to give an advice about two persons who represant an institution that few of us KNOW very well and even more less LIVE. As I read to it's a quiet a projection of our ideas that it is expressed about the monarchy or the role of a Prince, a princess, the both. As said Lula quiet everybody forget that it's a system with a chief and all the members - in the family - can't do what they want whithout the autorisation of the chief. I think that all the participants to this forum who know the english monarchy know that, it's not only the fact of the spanish monarchy. It's the reason why I'm very surprise sometimes by the (pseudo) naivety of some remarks about the Princess of Asturias who will be or too somthing or not so much something when the decision is not hers.

An other point totally surrealistic too. It's very well known, recognized and prooved that the famous spanish "Real Blood" is not very pur at least since the Queen Isabel II as her son Alfonso XII is the son of an Officer -of the Armada, I beleived- Even the Vatican was informed of this "detail. Why critize the wedding of the Prince of Asturis, by the way his wife because she is not of Real Blood, is totally out of the porpose.

To end to limit this thread in judging the Princess of Asturias only for her wardrobe and to say that people don't like the way to dress of Letizia seems to me a little bit superficial because first it's not the reality in the authorized press the style of the Princess of Asturias is considered as totally conveniant and then she not a model.

Yes sur, as I can read this thread is mainly the projection of your thaught about the royalty, it's too bad when it becoming a caricature!

Yes, princess answered to the question on nursing sofía, but nonmemory that asked to him abaut her sister after she's dead. You are a man? I think that the women we naturally spoke to nurse our children, the question became a woman, to the women did not seems rude to us (not for me), but I understand that, to the men, it seems rude to them.

I don't understand, you propose that they resist to requests of photos? or you propose that they provide photos frequently?

Because you think that Letizia will have the attention of the magazines more time than other royals? what has special she?

I am a woman but nevertheless I find this question rather personal and a bit out of place for a question of a journalist. Same with the question at Sofia's presentation when Letizia will be giving birth to a son. That's not only rude but very disrespecful. If I was a journalist I wouldn't dare to ask such rubbish on one of the few occasions when being to able to speak to the PoAs.

In terms of the pictures, I think they should give the opportunity on a regular basis for the press to take their picture. Nothing difficult or wrong with that. It gives them control over their appearance and keeps the press happy.
These days or the months before they took it a bit to the extreme with not showing Leonor for so long or not show in public after birth for so long, as the other CP's did, even on non or semi-official events. The result is even more critizism or gossip.

In my last post I explained that I think that Letizia is one of the most written-about Royals because her way so far gives plenty of room for speculations why she is happy or in most cases unhappy, such as being divorced, marrying into the strict SRF, her sister's death etc etc. In most cases it might be untrue but it won't prevent the magazines from writing about it, neither now nor in the future, because her story simply sells.

Really, this is an extortion, or you do what we want or invent lies and spread them. What journalism is this? What type of ethics have they?

The Royal Family always has allowed that one should photograph the children in the vacations and in family celebrations ... later in some occasions paparazzi obtain photographies, it is more habitual now that the children go to college, but it was not like that when they were babies. The press knows in what moments they will have photos, why they demand more? Later, the most incredible thing is that when they give them photos, also they protest. The summer and the ditches always it is a moment in which the Royal Family leaves photographies herself for the press, without problems, nevertheless, last year some of them protested, because they were bored of seeing Leonor the one who does understand them? Or the real reason is that if for 3 days the girl appears in all the mass media, certain press loses money because the photos already do not have value. Often this it is the problem, the press not and sinformación, is a business ... in the photos that have all they are not interested, because they do not have value ... but if a photographer obtains a sole right also they cannot stand because the photos them do not have all. They live in continuous contradiction. And certainly, only they cannot stand when it is a question of Letizia and hher daughters ... if someone obtains an exclusive photo of the Queen, or of the Infantas and her children .. it matters for nobody, they do not protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom