The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:27 AM

Dear Anna, personally, I think it's a bit tough of you to comment like that.

Remember, Letizia is the only ADULT member without royal blood line in Spain royal family, which makes her the easiest target to critise. Besides, it's prety obvious the king is the absolute boss in this family; and i don't think letizia have much say about her schedules. adding to that, she joined the family with quite a bagage. You know, being a devorcee and all that. I won't blame her if she's more cautious compared to other new princesses.

Also, I actually think it's a good thing that she follows her husband in public activities and dress professionally. they are a good team and obviously compliment each other; and they know what the right focus should be.

As for her seemingly very touching friendly with Leonor in public. Just keep in mind that she is the FIRSTTIME mom. and you can never accuse a mom to be over attentive or too pround of her little baby! especially a baby as precious as Leonor. have to confesss I, myself, am completely charmed by this little baby. so little while having such huge character.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Courtier

I think that princess Letizia has been critized a lot, I don't know why people can understand that She has been thin all her life, is too difficult to get it, I agree She is thinner than normal, but She isn't sick, for God sake, People just say this, and that, I imagine because she is a magnetic person and maybe a lot of people is over her, people like seeing princess Letizia, those who critize her and those who love her, but It's enough, leave her in peace.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Courtier

No need for personal attacks, but it is true that Letizia looks different. Her eyes, cheekbones and nose are either sunken or bigger...she does not look good! ...this is onlymy opinion...

http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=01015182.jpg
Old 08-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

There have been some critical comments about Letizia's attention to Leonor. I am not an expert as I have only two children but as I remember small children easily get tired and overwhelmed in new situations. The best way to stave off an crying attack is to distract them and by being very attentive and constantly get their attention. Always worked for my kids. A small child that decides he/she has had enough and is determined to let everyone know that, is not that easy to quiet down. Inaki and Christina constantly tend to their little girl as well.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Letizia is a smart woman and her husband too, if she gets too thin or too fat or whatever that may cause problems to her health, dont you think they will act immediately? we can all agree that she would look better with some additional weight, but it is her business to decide about it. She for sure can look for help to gain some weight and increase her food intake and so on, but it is her decision to do that and we dont know if she is ready for that in this moment. We need to let her relax about this subject and you will see that some changes will happen. If someone is under constant scrutinity and stress dont have so much energy to work things out.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Aristocracy

I think the some journalist's are still angry that Felipe married Letizia, they would not be so critical if she were of a noble family. I do think her family has benefitted from the marriage but so has CP Marys father. As for her weight she is busy and taking care of the baby too so she might not have time to snack in between the activities unlike my SIn law who is a couch patoto watching tv for hours on end and gained 40lb after she had her baby.
wittykitty
Old 08-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Courtier

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but a lot of women probably would not mind having a body like Letizia's.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
No need for personal attacks, but it is true that Letizia looks different. Her eyes, cheekbones and nose are either sunken or bigger...she does not look good! ...this is onlymy opinion...

http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=01015182.jpg
I had noticed a picture her on the Hello site and notice she looked VERY thin. This picture makes her look like she has gone way too far.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but a lot of women probably would not mind having a body like Letizia's.
That about says it. I know I wouldn't mind it. She looks thinner in some pictures than in others, but it's a nice kind of thin--she still has curves.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbutler
I had noticed a picture her on the Hello site and notice she looked VERY thin. This picture makes her look like she has gone way too far.
"Gone way too far"? You made it sound like she could control her weight with the snap of fingers. Have you heard any stories of her volmitting in the bathroom after every meal or anything else we haven't heard?

And I don't understand the accusation tone of a lot of the messages posted about Letizia's weight. Is being thin a fault that worth criticism? Isn't eating disorder brought on often by criticism? So if Letizia already has an eating disorder - which we don't know -, wouldn't more criticism of her weight make her worse?
Old 08-10-2006, 01:24 AM
Heir Apparent

maybe we are not saying that out of criticism but out of the need of a person to acknowledge a problem (if she does have a problem) instead of saying that being that thin is good which is not, if you say she looks good when she has an eating disorder it could became worse 'cuz the person's image is distorsioned...
if she doesn't have an eating disorder, fine, then she's as thin as she is (even if she's never been this thin EVER before), but what I think is strange is that they (the Royal House) is trying TOO hard to deny it...
Old 08-10-2006, 07:32 AM
Aristocracy

Because continue saying that she has some disease? The real house has denied any disease and it seems to me that do not have because to doubt that. Think that an ill person can support all the work that has Letizia? she can remain pregnant? she has forces to maintain to her daughter? because pay attention single to his body, and not in the happiness face that she has? She already has said it often that she is thus, because do not create it? because it is easier to say than she has something? I continue saying that a thing is to say, that she is skinny and very different other is that she is ill; and with that it is not possible to be played.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Serene Highness

It makes me mad. I wouldn't, (and I know this goes for most other people), ever ever wish an eating disorder on ANYBODY even if I hated them! I'm sure many people on this forums have, like me been affected by something as serious as anorexia/bulimia. Yes, we can all see that Letizia is very thin, yes alot of people agree that she could pack on some pounds and look better.

It seems as if people are hoping that the more they go on about it, the more likely it is that the royal house will admit to it!
Letizia is a very lovely lady by all accounts, she is a very good Crown Princess, many people in Spain like her and she supports Felipe in a great way so I don't think we should judge her on how thin she is. I really truly hope that Letizia is in the best of health and if she has got a problem that she gets all the help that she needs to try and overcome it.

Sorry for my 'rant' and please don't take offence, it is entirely my opinion but I needed to do it!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
if (even if she's never been this thin EVER before),
Come on! You know she's been that thin ALL her life!... You only have to look at her days as a reporter, to see that she's been always that thin...

(TVE's captions provided in http://www.letiziaortiz.tk )

http://img24.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=22931_LetiziaOrtiz605_409lo.jpg
http://img127.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=22883_LetiziaOrtiz580_536lo.jpg
http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=letiziaortiz475ll3.jpg
http://img150.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=22936_LetiziaOrtiz608_465lo.jpg

Quote:
what I think is strange is that they (the Royal House) is trying TOO hard to deny it...
The Royal House is not trying any hard to deny it... actually, the Royal House has only tried to deny any rumours ONCE, and it was when the yellow press started saying she was anoretic and so would be incapable of producing an heir... well, no need to say time proved them again to be wrong.

You may think Letizia is too skinny, unattactive or even ugly... you're entitled to it; after all, that's your taste and it's not worthy discussing tastes... but you can not imply with it that she is ill! Especially when facts have proven that she is not skinnier now than before and that she can not have an eating disorder, or she would be unable to get pregnant, give birth to a healthy baby and breatfeed it during 4 moths, as she did.

Please, be reasonable! When are we going to stop discussing the sex of angels?
Old 08-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Nobility

I think the problem is that we want her and the other princesses to act dress and look the way we feel they should. The fact is they are humans and make their own decisions only letizia knows what she looks good weighing. I think we also need to remember there are women who are just thin they are not sick this is just their body type.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
I think the problem is that we want her and the other princesses to act dress and look the way we feel they should. The fact is they are humans and make their own decisions only letizia knows what she looks good weighing. I think we also need to remember there are women who are just thin they are not sick this is just their body type.

Lets try to imagine how it is to be on her shoes just for a second and people will probably agree that the last thing she can care about right now is her weight. Even if she would like to do something about it, it takes time and less stress to obtain results. Life is what it is, we cant expect someone to have the life of Letizia and do not have some consequences about it, stress takes its toll even when we are very capable. I just think this is a phase that she is going through. The weight can take even more time to be regained than expected after you get rid of good amount of stress, specially if you have a high metabolism, so better dont expect it to happen any time soon.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
I think we also need to remember there are women who are just thin they are not sick this is just their body type.
Yes, and I would be happy to have this body type. Happy, happy, happy. She looks just great.

Do those of you that use the words "eating disorder" know what that looks like? It's not just about thinness. Diana actually looked like she had an eating disorder; she had dark circles around her eyes and she aged badly. She was only two or three years older than Letizia is now when she died, and she looked much older than that to me, especially considering what a fresh, pretty young woman she was.

The pictures prove that Letizia was always thin, and good for her.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Courtier

I dont agree with this affirmation about Diana, she didnt look older than her age because of an eating disorder, she was never the thin-anorexic type. She suffered from more complicated psycholygical problems and many problems related to her family and life, but she looked pretty well on pictures most of the time.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
I dont agree with this affirmation about Diana, she didnt look older than her age because of an eating disorder, she was never the thin-anorexic type. She suffered from more complicated psycholygical problems and many problems related to her family and life, but she looked pretty well on pictures most of the time.
From what I've heard, Diana did not have anorexia, she had bulimia (the binging/vomiting disorder). I am not an expert on eating disorders, but I don't think bulimia sufferers have that extremely thin look. Of course, what you think of Diana's pictures is truly an opinion thing, and I respect your opinion, but to me she looked old and tired. I realize there are many possible (even obvious) reasons for that, but she was really young, usually in youth adversity doesn't show as much in your appearance. After 40, though, all bets are off.

But back to Letizia.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher
From what I've heard, Diana did not have anorexia, she had bulimia (the binging/vomiting disorder). I am not an expert on eating disorders, but I don't think bulimia sufferers have that extremely thin look. Of course, what you think of Diana's pictures is truly an opinion thing, and I respect your opinion, but to me she looked old and tired. I realize there are many possible (even obvious) reasons for that, but she was really young, usually in youth adversity doesn't show as much in your appearance. After 40, though, all bets are off.

But back to Letizia.
Diana suffered also from anorexia, in some way it is true that we may have different opinions about the looks of the people. Personally, i dont think Letizia is anorexic nor that she have any eating disorder. I just wanted to give you my view about Diana, she didnt reflect to me all the problems that she was having, except for one interview that i remember and it was totally a mood impression.

In relation to the age, i think Letizia looks a bit older than she is but this is probably caused by the intense life she has lived even before becoming a crown princess. She just doesnt seem to have an eating disorder, i think she is a very strong woman and her thinness it is just a physical reaction to her intense schedule.

Closed Thread