The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #361  
Old 08-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
I´m shocked how more and more annorexic Letizia looks. Her face looks like that of an old woman, her eyes are deeper and deeper into her eye socket, her cheekbone is visible more and more.
Not to sound harsh, but have you seen photos of her sisters? They are both very thin. So it is not like Letizia is the only one! I admit that I also think that Letizia is very very thin and she looked better with the extra bit of weight she had while pregnant but I have come to the conclusion that it is the way she is. Plus the stress of having people judge you constantly can certainly take its toll! I doubt she'll change!
__________________

  #362  
Old 08-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 32
She's has changed a lot. She's lost many kilos and she doesn't look good. Look at her pictures taken when she was a tv presenter. And she is getting thinner and thinner all the time. Can you imagine her in a year?

Before her marriage her life was very stressful too, and she was't that thin.

Many people these days live under huge pressure and they don't get anorectic. Letizia has chosen that life three years ago - she was experienced 30 year-old. I'm sure she adores her daughter, loves her husband - but maybe being a member of the royal family is too much for her.
__________________

  #363  
Old 08-09-2006, 09:30 AM
CRIS's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Palmas, Spain
Posts: 200
Exact she is thus and I believe that they would have to accept it and to let relate her to some disease; with these things one is not due to play. It is so difficult to understand that she is skinny? it is too heavy, always with the same. Respect as she is. You never have seen as a skinny person loses kilos to take a been busy life?

You cannot compare her life previous to the one of now. All their acts, are from a site to another one, must be in charge of the house, her clothes, her daughter. If to this you unite all the pressure to her and criticize that they have come upon her. Then the result is a life not very calm that we say.
  #364  
Old 08-09-2006, 09:35 AM
Lauritas138's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
Not to sound harsh, but have you seen photos of her sisters? They are both very thin. So it is not like Letizia is the only one! I admit that I also think that Letizia is very very thin and she looked better with the extra bit of weight she had while pregnant but I have come to the conclusion that it is the way she is. Plus the stress of having people judge you constantly can certainly take its toll! I doubt she'll change!
Well,i agree with you,Letizia is too much thin,like her sisters,it´s evident.But i think she is thinner now because has changed the metabolism to her after the pregnancy and this happens to some women.Some women get fat after the pregnancy and other women thin much.I am tired to hear that Letizia is anorexic. If she were anorexic, the Spanish real house would not let she work.I am very thin and I do not have anorexy,simply this is my build,like Letizia.
  #365  
Old 08-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: newyork, United States
Posts: 479
Smile

Letizia is a mother who loves her child why on earth shouldn't she show it. Hugging and kissing your child is normal and very good for the child. If that is showing off then a lot of mothers should follow her example and show off there would be alot more secure and loved children in this world.
  #366  
Old 08-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIS
You cannot compare her life previous to the one of now. All their acts, are from a site to another one, must be in charge of the house, her clothes, her daughter. If to this you unite all the pressure to her and criticize that they have come upon her. Then the result is a life not very calm that we say.
Lets not exaggerate, I doubt she has to cook and clean, mow the lawn, do the dishes and do grocery shopping etc And just because she does not have a fashion-stylist does not mean she does not have any help with her clothes. Im sure she has someone to wash, dryclean and iron her clothes and make sure they are ready for her engagments. and she has nannies. There are women and men who work several jobs to make ends meet, a bunch of children and has to do all things related to the house and home themsleves, lets not make Letizia a victim, she chose her life herslef.
__________________
"Those who do not like you fall into two categories, the stupid and the envious"
-The Libertine
  #367  
Old 08-09-2006, 10:15 AM
CRIS's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Palmas, Spain
Posts: 200
We are not speaking of being too much or not for she; Letizia is very happy and that can be seen perfectly. But everybody is not equal; because to compare with other people. I myself I am skinny, and when I am in stages that I must make many things; then I lose weight, but that does not cause that it finds me bad. And soon another person can not happen to she the same, because simply she has different metabolism.

Because you continue naming the anorexy? really that I do not understand; that to be skinny it is not to be ill; it is so difficult to understand?

To be member of the family is not too much for her; what is frustante and very sad and not only for her; it is that all always are criticizing, inventing lies on her, putting with her family…; or case your you would support this? because I no.
You say that letizia chose, if she chose it and she takes it very well, in spite of those who want that it fails; and mainly she never has complained her life.
  #368  
Old 08-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Olka's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Lets not exaggerate, I doubt she has to cook and clean, mow the lawn, do the dishes and do grocery shopping etc And just because she does not have a fashion-stylist does not mean she does not have any help with her clothes. Im sure she has someone to wash, dryclean and iron her clothes and make sure they are ready for her engagments. There are women and men who have two jobs, a bunch of children and has to do all things related to the house and home themsleves, lets not make Letizia a victim, she chose her life herslef.
I completely agree with you. There are very many persons working a lot harder and not being so well paid. And then I don't understand why, if someone dares to say something about Letizia being thin, which she really is, he/she is attacked at once here on the forum. Maybe it's just a worry they express, and not something SOOOO negative. Just an opinion.
  #369  
Old 08-09-2006, 10:19 AM
CRIS's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Palmas, Spain
Posts: 200
I am not making to Letizia a victim; and yes she has who helps and I do not deny it. But this does not mean that she does not do anything, and that is not under pressure. And another single thing I defend her of criticize that for my they do not have sense.
  #370  
Old 08-09-2006, 10:25 AM
CRIS's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Palmas, Spain
Posts: 200
I have not attacked anybody, single I am giving my opinion. And I am not discussing by that they say that letizia is skinny, because she is; single I am saying that I believe that one is not due to be naming the anorexy, because it is a disease with which one is not due to play.
  #371  
Old 08-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 1,010
Ok, well this thread is supposed to be about the SRF enjoying their vacations but sadly it's turning away from that! We all have different opinions. Maybe Letizia is too thin? Maybe it is just the way she is? I think it is sad to start discussing something (again) as serious as anorexia. . If Letizia does have a problem, lets hope the Royal family are dealing with it in the right way. And please, don't think you are being 'attacked', I am just saying.
  #372  
Old 08-09-2006, 10:33 AM
CRIS's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Palmas, Spain
Posts: 200
I feel it by to have created this discussion, single I wanted to give my opinion, with which it did not agree. I do not try to attack anybody.
  #373  
Old 08-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 32
I must say - I'm very disappointed with Letizia. I expected her to be a personality, not only next celebrity. She seemed to be a perfect candidate for a modern princess. And she is not. We discuss her look (her thiness, clothes etc.) but nothing about her actions. I wanted her to be something more than nice background for her husband. And there is one question - is this her choice or the royal court?
  #374  
Old 08-09-2006, 10:38 AM
CRIS's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Palmas, Spain
Posts: 200
On her activities in solitaire, that does not know anybody to it. But the real house wants to give the image of an equipment, of the couple; and they do not want that Letizia has all protagonism because the future king is the prince.
  #375  
Old 08-09-2006, 10:39 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Nowak
I must say - I'm very disappointed with Letizia. I expected her to be a personality, not only next celebrity. She seemed to be a perfect candidate for a modern princess. And she is not. We discuss her look (her thiness, clothes etc.) but nothing about her actions. I wanted her to be something more than nice background for her husband. And there is one question - is this her choice or the royal court?
Please.

This one is not the place to speak about this topic, there are other forums dedicated to it, where you can write everything what you want, and where you can read hundreds of opinions about the topic. Letizia, belongs to the Spanish Royal Household, and the persons who are over her, they take the decisions. Her function answers to what in this moment they believe that it is better, for the whole series of questions, which are long of explaining.
  #376  
Old 08-09-2006, 10:42 AM
LaChicaMadrilena's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cracow, Poland
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Nowak
I must say - I'm very disappointed with Letizia. I expected her to be a personality, not only next celebrity. She seemed to be a perfect candidate for a modern princess. And she is not. We discuss her look (her thiness, clothes etc.) but nothing about her actions. I wanted her to be something more than nice background for her husband. And there is one question - is this her choice or the royal court?
There is not such thing as royal court in Spain. Juan Carlos and Sofia has decided in the beginning of their "work" that they won't have court, ladies-in-waiting etc. This is the main reason they don't even have the residents they are living in, it's the belongings of the whole nation and the country, not their own.
And do you think Letizia gets up in the morning and says to the King: "okay, Juanito, I want to do this and this and this, and this can be done by Elena or Cristina!"? Only the household of the King decides about activities of each member of the RF, not they themselves. So if you are disappointed with Letizia's activities, you are in fact disappointed with the work of royal household.
But perhaps it would be better if somebody from Spain would tell sth about that, not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIS
I have not attacked anybody, single I am giving my opinion. And I am not discussing by that they say that letizia is skinny, because she is; single I am saying that I believe that one is not due to be naming the anorexy, because it is a disease with which one is not due to play.
I agree. Anorexy is first of all psychological disease, not only phisical, and many women die due to it, so IMO, as soon as we don't have an official communicate from casareal that "the Princess is seriously ill" we shouldn't name her thinnes an illness. Letizia is very, very thin, I agree, sometimes I even ask myself what is the reason of it, but do you really see any other simptoms of possible illness? Every time when Felipe or Leonor are next to her, she is simply glowing with happyness, she was able to attend all her activities (sometimes even every day) and first of all get pregnant and give birth to a healthy child, what would be impossible if she was ill.
__________________




  #377  
Old 08-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 32
So, the King should give her more space to act. What is he afraid of? That Letizia could become a star of the family and overshadow his son? We live in XXI century, Spaniards are a modern society and I think they expect more from their future queen.
She should be a role model for people. Only in Spain - the heir to the throne's wife is so reduced (I admit - I don't know much about the royal family of Brunei for example).
  #378  
Old 08-09-2006, 11:05 AM
LaChicaMadrilena's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cracow, Poland
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Nowak
So, the King should give her more space to act. What is he afraid of?
For that you should probably ask the King himself.
__________________




  #379  
Old 08-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Kelly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Nowak
So, the King should give her more space to act. What is he afraid of? That Letizia could become a star of the family and overshadow his son? We live in XXI century, Spaniards are a modern society and I think they expect more from their future queen.
She should be a role model for people. Only in Spain - the heir to the throne's wife is so reduced (I admit - I don't know much about the royal family of Brunei for example).
I don't think we should compare royalty with celebrity. Letizia is who she is and as a future queen I think she has been fulfilling her role quite nicely. I personally think that none of the members of the family overshadow another.
  #380  
Old 08-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,383
She is the only crownprincess that has been included in everything her husband, the heir to the throne, as been doing. She participates in meetings and events with heads of state, state and local dignitaries and officials and travels with him to the latin american inaugurations ( before Leonor). She is being involved in a serious manner where her training and natural curiosity and intellect is being appreciated. Being a celebrity is not in her interest nor the interest of the Spanish Royal family. She probably has a very direct influence of the direction of Felipe's role as the next King. She may have met with more people from her country than any other crownprincess. She and Felipe are frequently out around the country to meet with constituents about their lives and concerns. I consider Felipe and Letizia a real power couple and expect to see great things from them in bringing attention to Spain, spanish language and culture while at the same time make the monarchy a lasting one.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marie-Chantal: Opinions karima Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 276 10-11-2016 02:26 PM
Opinions on strapless wedding dresses IloveCP Royal Weddings General Discussion 140 10-08-2016 07:45 PM
Your Opinions about Mabel carlota Prince Friso, Princess Mabel and Family 43 11-09-2013 06:14 AM
Statements, Opinions; Feelings ? michelle Princely Family of Monaco 37 04-20-2009 10:22 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events diana duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall daytime fashion dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess victoria 39th birthday princess victoria hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen mathildes style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark stewart succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises