Your Opinions About Felipe and Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't agree with you more, Guapa.

They all live their lives as they seem fit. Who is the press (or us for that matter) to tell them how to live it.

Do you know this attitude which is to project on other his own ideas of a person or a circonstance ? Some of " posters" - always the same- in this forum have decided that the Princess of Asturias is over all an exhibitionist woman whom the single aim is to be recognized as the best one, even in the know how to give a "little pot" to her daughter, why not? it could be a very interesting debate if this observations would be settled on true facts, relevant situtuations for this allegated behaviour and not, AS USUAL, on gossips, rumors, second hands news or simply the projections of the own ideas because you have decided it's like that and not differently.

It's to bad to see that because some have decided, may be since the begining of the Letizia's life as Princess of Asturias, that she is the worst of arriviste woman and by the way ALL OF THAT SHE IS DOING IS FALSE ATTITUDE.

It's so simplistic that it doesn't be considered as an argument of an objective dialactic and it's difficult to understnd why some of us are going to assert some facts/ideas which doesen't correspond with the reality. First it's totally irrelevant, then it's whithout any interest.

It will be more honest to say :"as I don't like the Princess of Asturias I'm going to explain you why" rather than to repeat and repeat some gossips/rumors which are quiet always denied some days after WHITHOUT any apologizes from the one which had expressed the false news. What's the matter, when you want that the reality has to be exactly as you have decided and not as it's actually.

The show must go on....

As far as I concerned we are debating a Paloma Barriento's article not the forum members because oppinions are like navels: everyone has one but is this is the name of the game, let's play it then.

I don't completely like Letizia but I don't hate her or critic her for everything is just that I mainly write when I have something different to say rather than go with the crowd, sometimes I do agree so I don't say anything, but since neither of us in this forum know Letizia or any royal for that matter we just rely our info in certain papers and journalist and from here and there we come to a happy medium, in any case I (we) don't like certain oppinion or journalist just because I (we) may or may not like her, is the other way around, maybe because a lot of things she has done wrong is why some of us don't still like her and that's it, yes, it may be members who criticized Letizia no matter what, predictable ones (like me) but believe me, there's members who will enter in a sort of desperation if they see the minimal critic upon Letizia, at least the ones that dosn't like her that much comes here from time to time, Leti's fan club is here day and night always behind the door with the pan in the hand waiting for a critics to appear. :flowers:

We can discuss for are pages and pages on the fact that it is natural, spontaneous or not to take a regular plane and to occupy oneself even of his own child when one is a princess.........;
There are same the debates when she puts no precisous jewels (LAst time she put same the earings H&M as mine!!!) or wears several times same clothing....
My opinion is clear, I prefer Princes Asturies, who travel by a regular plane for their short holidays, a princess which spends several times same clothing and of the jewels "imagination"...........than the couples or royal families which monopolize hundreds of people, and a full Boieng for useless private treap...... which cost a lot of money and that is worse when they are princes or royal families of poor countries..........
One, it is true "is this can discuss natural??? isn't this it???" but the result and especially the facts are there!!!
I am convinced, who Letizia is natural when she cares herself of her daughter... because with a child, especially no body can not play the comedy...... in public on an aircraft for example...... if the small girl had the practice of a baby sittter, it will be intolerable with his mom the remainder of time!
I am of Moroccan origin...... and I know the means monopolized just for displacements of shopping of Lalla Salma (I work in the luxury) and I saw at the time of his visit to my work all the people and doctors who accompany the child!!!!! it is disproportionate!!!!
All that for saying that Letizia, comes from a rather modest medium, she seems to have the head on the shoulders and to return Prince Felipe very happy ...
She also seems to have to keep the cold head and not to have taken "the delusions of Highness"!!!! that any woman could have had who marries a "rich" man
And I also say that it is a good example and a good lesson for all the others........Et yes it is possible to live a life of Prince without balancing millions and millions by the window

Last edited:
I would like to know that she has made so terrible, because, that I know, till now is recovering the role that she has touched of a worthy enough way. I do not believe that she has committed any inexcusable failure, which she has harmed to the Spanish State.:wacko:

Evidently, it is necessary to worry about reading a lot of information, and not only of following the information of corsets, which give thousand returns to any small detail only for have a topic about which to speak.

It turns out to be absurd, that certain press does of Letizia the center of everything, because she interested, and they end up by involving her in topics with which she does not have relation. It turns out absurd to read again and again, how boasts in other members of the Royal Family what is criticized in Letizia. It turns out absurd to accuse Letizia of behaviors that the Royal Family has many years ago.

They do not go in a plane of regular line to Milan because Letizia wants ... the Royal Family (except the King) for their private displacements they go the regular line. And for very much years the Prince is useful the days of vacations to go out a bit of Spain and to breathe. And the Kings also do it.

Certainly, I am here, and putting photos of the Prince in Nicaragua .... a sorrow that this they are interested some little. If certain press, instead of looking for absurd gossips to earn money, they were devoting themselves to be journalists indeed.

Last edited:
RaniaRocks said:
If some readers want to take that as a critic is their problem and I know perfectly well when she's being sarcastic (in this article she is sarcastic yes) but not precisely on that matter and what I think is bothering some of the people of the press about Letizia is the fact that she overdoes everything, is like she needs attention all the time trying to be sure that the things she does are being noticed and in that intent she cross the fine line between being a nice person still a Princess and being the girl next door wich she's not anymore; and in the meantime that everybody says: see? they are so down to earth..... yeah right, I know they are humans before Princes but if they are regular normal people then I'm a prima ballerina from the Volshoi Ballet, to me there's a need of a happy medium in the couple because right now instead of Letizia act more like a Princess Felipe is acting more like a commoner.

If Letizia needs attention all the time as you claimed, she would have notified the press at where she was about at times, let them take pictures of her happy family just as often as her sister-in-law's happy family :lol: . If she really wants the whole Spain know how she takes care of Leonor personally, she would have a royal insider written a piece, believe me, it would not have been Paloma Barrientos's turn. Paloma's article was soley based on hearsay. I don't quite understand how someone could draw a conclusion on Letizia's wanting attention based on Paloma's gossips over the times. In fact Felipe and Letizia are among the most discreet royals in Europe, rarely talked about their personal life.
The young generation royals are all hands-on parents, if that makes them more common, less royal, then be it. I don't see what's the deal of taking care their daughter in a 2-hour short flight. Since Felipe married Letizia, he has taken on more duties, hanging out less with some of his friends who are still single, such as Alvaro Fuster. It's normal for a man to change his lifestyle a bit after he gets married and becomes a father. I don't see how it makes Felipe less royal.

Last edited:
I think is normal to talk about everything concerning the Princess. Even if she does normal things everyone will talk about it, it is normal, she is a Princess and a Queen to be!!!!!! She is not a normal person, she can not do some normal things without having photographers around her!

RaniaRocks said:
As far as I concerned we are debating a Paloma Barriento's article not the forum members because oppinions are like navels: everyone has one but is this is the name of the game, let's play it then.

I don't completely like Letizia but I don't hate her or critic her for everything is just that I mainly write when I have something different to say rather than go with the crowd, sometimes I do agree so I don't say anything, but since neither of us in this forum know Letizia or any royal for that matter we just rely our info in certain papers and journalist and from here and there we come to a happy medium, in any case I (we) don't like certain oppinion or journalist just because I (we) may or may not like her, is the other way around, maybe because a lot of things she has done wrong is why some of us don't still like her and that's it, yes, it may be members who criticized Letizia no matter what, predictable ones (like me) but believe me, there's members who will enter in a sort of desperation if they see the minimal critic upon Letizia, at least the ones that dosn't like her that much comes here from time to time, Leti's fan club is here day and night always behind the door with the pan in the hand waiting for a critics to appear. :flowers:

Please, let us that this thread stay at least intersting and not the same negative discussion.

If you have something else of " a lot of things she has done wrong" please again tell us, may be it would be interesting to debate about that but up to know your arguments are not very convincing and you can't hide the little taste that you have of the Princess, it's your absolute right. But what masochist you are to discuss whithout end about a personn that you don't like. Are you not annoying to repeat again and again the item of a women who couldn't be up to the situation of Crown Pincess because some tabloïds's journalists say it.

Well, you know exactly what I mean because in all open discussion we may accept a part of subjectivity but it's impossible to discuss when the interlocutor have decided to refuse to others what he/she is using to settle his/her own opinion. It's a pur question of rhetoric!

Go on girl and try to explain how the princess of Asturias is doing " a lot of things wrong"! The controversery will be not these of Valladolid!:smartass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. Almost all posts regarding the Paloma Barrientos article were moved to this thread.

The Spanish forums moderating team asks this thread to remain civil and respecting the rules.

This means that any posts containing personal attacks will be removed and the offender will be subject to disciplinary action.

This is a discussion forum, not a battlefield, and it should remain like that.

If you have any questions, please direct them at one of the moderators by PM, and not through the thread.

Thank you,
Anna_R; Avalon & Ennyllorac
Spanish Forums Moderators

Anna I have to say something to Adelaide and the last I want is create a conflict but enough is enough.

Adelaide:

I'm gonna tell you this one time: I'm here because I wanted to and until the administrators thinks otherwise, my posts are always respectfuls to everybody (with a pinch of healthy jokes from time to time) and you are just nobody, absolutely nobody to tell me that I'm a masochist or annoying, is not the first time you attacked me personally and I'm getting tired of it, I can debate with respect but won't talk to you or anyone for that matter in such terms. I may be controversial but I have never disrespect anybody on this forum.

I can give you not one but many things Letizia have done poorly so far (although I'm not coming to the forum everyday) but not under this circumstances because as a person I do get tired of being called masochist, annoying, envy and so on by month now so stop it, if in this forum can coexist only one oppinion let me know, otherwise respect your interlocutor and do debate with class.

Last edited:
IMO I don't see anything wrong with Letizia, in fact I think she brought again the fantasy of a commoner marrying a prince. So what if she's divorced? It's not a crime, she didn't kill anybody in the past. I admire Felipe because FINALLY he married someone HE DID CHOOSE, if he's happy who cares?

She seems to be smart, at least she knows how to conduct herself amoung royalties, presidents, anyone, because she's educated. And she will improve in the future...

:)

Curiously, there is a commentary, that I already is the well-read one several times, in different mass media ... the Prínce has changed, possibly a bit because he has changed, and because it has changed the perception that is had of him. Before he was perceived as a more introverted, more serious, a bit distant person. Much more seemed to the Queen Sofia (that now already one relaxes more) that to such a spontaneous character of his father. Nevertheless, from his wedding, one sees a man, more serene, happy, and seems that more nice and nearby. Possibly, this it has been one of the Letizia's most important contributions in this time, to do that the Prince was opened more as person.

planetcher said:
So are you trying to say that Letizia and Felipe are not being genuine when they're with Leonor?

How so? She's besotted with her daughter, what's wrong with that?

So what are you suggesting she should do then if you don't want her to do middle-class things? Let a nanny do all the work, take assistants with her when she goes shopping, don't go to the theater and dinner out with husband, anything else? In other words you don't want them to do normal things, correct?

She should just be herself and stop trying to be the center of attention. I don't have a say in anything she does...she can do anything she wants and more. I am just giving an opinion of how I perceive her. That's all folks!

adelaide said:
Do you know this attitude which is to project on other his own ideas of a person or a circonstance ? Some of " posters" - always the same- in this forum have decided that the Princess of Asturias is over all an exhibitionist woman whom the single aim is to be recognized as the best one, even in the know how to give a "little pot" to her daughter, why not? it could be a very interesting debate if this observations would be settled on true facts, relevant situtuations for this allegated behaviour and not, AS USUAL, on gossips, rumors, second hands news or simply the projections of the own ideas because you have decided it's like that and not differently.

It's to bad to see that because some have decided, may be since the begining of the Letizia's life as Princess of Asturias, that she is the worst of arriviste woman and by the way ALL OF THAT SHE IS DOING IS FALSE ATTITUDE.

It's so simplistic that it doesn't be considered as an argument of an objective dialactic and it's difficult to understnd why some of us are going to assert some facts/ideas which doesen't correspond with the reality. First it's totally irrelevant, then it's whithout any interest.

It will be more honest to say :"as I don't like the Princess of Asturias I'm going to explain you why" rather than to repeat and repeat some gossips/rumors which are quiet always denied some days after WHITHOUT any apologizes from the one which had expressed the false news. What's the matter, when you want that the reality has to be exactly as you have decided and not as it's actually.

The show must go on....

You are right. There are people in this forum who love Letizia and repeat themselves to death and others who have different opinions, some times, and are criticized to death...

Roxsteve said:
She should just be herself and stop trying to be the center of attention. I don't have a say in anything she does...she can do anything she wants and more. I am just giving an opinion of how I perceive her. That's all folks!

How is she trying to be the center of attention? She hasn't really done much as a crown princess. It's the press who follow her every move that's why it seems like she's trying to attract attention. Everything that she does and does not do makes news. She is the star, if you will, of the SRF just like the other crown princesses to the royal families they married into. Could you give me an example how you think she's trying to be the center of attention because I don't see that at all?

I like the way the act as parents. Leonor is their daughter, the job of every PARENT is to RAISE their CHILDREN that's what they're doing, whenever they can spend time with her.. well they do it and when they can't well the nanny takes care of the girl. I don't know what's the big deal. Queen Sofia always (when she could) took care of their children and they turned out fine and that's probably one of the reasons they're a united and loving family. IMO!!

The Princess Letizia is the center of attention, but it is not anything that she decides or claims, is something that comes to her, the press and the people turn her into the center of attention.

From her marriage, she has occupied a secondary role, clarifying that the Prince is the inheritor and she is behind him. This it is the difficult way, to accept that your position is secondary and to live to the shade. For two years she has not had activities in solitarily, and has limited herself to hear, to seeing and being quiet. In a discreet role that is reflected even in the clothes, with classic and simple suits (for even boring some).

And it has not prevented it that the attention centres on her, alone or accompanied. The press follows more the activities of the Princes, that those that the Prince realizes in solitarily. And in that she realizes in solitarily, it seems that the press has become "a bit "mad".

She sneezes and there they all are. Everything is a news, and can come to an act with other members of the Royal Family ... and she can be perfect ... but calm that someone was looking for an insignificant detail of which to do news.

Probably if last Saturday Letizia had come to the Military Easter, her alone presence, pregnant woman and of gala it had been a news. But before the most minimal gesture of weariness, before any sample for minim that was of that she was badly, the attention would have centred on her. The institution and seriousness of the act would have met lost, and probably the speech of the King on the terrorism had not come from the same way.

For the good thing and for the bad thing, if she is present they will look for news.

bebajp said:
IMO I don't see anything wrong with Letizia, in fact I think she brought again the fantasy of a commoner marrying a prince. So what if she's divorced? It's not a crime, she didn't kill anybody in the past. I admire Felipe because FINALLY he married someone HE DID CHOOSE, if he's happy who cares?

She seems to be smart, at least she knows how to conduct herself amoung royalties, presidents, anyone, because she's educated. And she will improve in the future...

I agree 100%. Besides, Letizia didn't choose to be the center of attention. She's the CP of Spain and it's only natural that she has the spotlight every minute of the day. If you could see the most popular members of every royal house are the future king and queen.. that's is why they're so popular. the public is so curious to their everyday job and as to how they will continue the tradition and live up to the public's expectations.:)

Plus, you don't have to do much to be the center of attention when you're a Crown Princess .. Do you? :)

Mari_* said:
Plus, you don't have to do much to be the center of attention when you're a Crown Princess .. Do you? :)

Well, you do have to marry the Crown Prince. :rolleyes:

:lol:

soCal girl said:
Well, you do have to marry the Crown Prince. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Haha, good one. That's not as easy as it sounds. Ask Eva Sannum :lol: I think Letizia is doing a great job though, people should just give her some soom. Especially now that she's pregnant, it's good for her to take things easy. I think it's a wonderful couple :flowers:

princess leonor said:
That's not as easy as it sounds. Ask Eva Sannum :lol:

:lol: :lol: harsh!

madeleine victoria said:
I agree 100%. Besides, Letizia didn't choose to be the center of attention. She's the CP of Spain and it's only natural that she has the spotlight every minute of the day. If you could see the most popular members of every royal house are the future king and queen.. that's is why they're so popular. the public is so curious to their everyday job and as to how they will continue the tradition and live up to the public's expectations.:)

She chose to work as a news anchor for god's sake! Of course she loves the attention!

Cissan said:
She chose to work as a news anchor for god's sake! Of course she loves the attention!

I don't think that all anchors, reporters or other people, connected with Media must love attention - it was just a profession, profession she was handling very professionaly, in my opinion.

Cissan said:

So you're basically saying that people like Christiane Amanpour, Barbara Walters, Katie Couric, to name a few, chose the journalistic profession because they love the attention?

Cissan said:

If we go on about this idea all the jobs in which you are to expose yourself to the look of the others are because you love attention!

I'm thinking about baristers, doctors in ONG and so on.

If we kept in mind this idea it does mind that it doesn't exist never the willing to do a profession like that for itself but only because you love attention!

Is it your idea?

To be journalist is to love the attention?:ohmy:

Cissan said:

what made you think of that? I know lots of news anchor who are very popular and yet they don't seen to love the attention! you chose a profession basically because you want to contribute something on that particular profession not because you want the attention. If Letizia wants attention she could have been an actress and go to Hollywood!!!by all means she has all the attention!!! As I've said on my previous thread, she didn't choose to have all the attention same with other CPss. It's natural to have the spotlight on you esp. if you're a royal and thus becoming a public person.. ;)

i think the decision of choosing to be a journalist is directly related to the fact that her family was a family of journalists. both her grandmother and father worked as journalists and she showed signs of liking it since a very early age and she was obviously very talented at that.

i truly think there are other commoner-royals who enjoy media attention a lot more than letizia, who always seems to be in the second place at every event and understood that felipe is actually the heir to the spanish throne and that she is the princess consort.

I would like to have some input in this thread.

In the issue of Letizia having more attraction for the media and the public, in my opinion I think it has something to do with the fact that in Spain and anyone following royal activity, has known the Prince and the rest of the Spanish Royal family for ages. So she is the new person in there and she actually arises a significant amount of curiosity and that's quite logic. Also she is a woman and there are a lot of women following the issues in this forum, so naturally whatever she does and wears, the way she speaks, etc, arises a significant amount of coverage, because people want to know her. You know very well the rest of the members of the Spanish Royal family and you want to know all about the knew one, also it helps the fact that she is a woman.

There is also a significant amount of loss of the glamour of, for instance actresses and other celebrities, and people want to have what were the old celebrities, and she fits the bill perfectly as a new royal that comes from the "normal" people, so she actually becomes a modern cinderella.

In the issue of her committing some mistakes, she has made several protocol mistakes, as going first in acts she accompanies the Prince and wearing white in China (which might not have been what it would have been in the past, but nonetheless she should have reconsidered that suit) and she has make several remarks not appropriated in several occasions. I can look for photos if anyone wants about the first two I have mentioned and reference articles (that one will take me a bit of time though).Definitely it's not as if she has harmed the country, but I have to hope she will never do anything like that ;)

In any case this is only my opinion about the issue
:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom