The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandraRae
Hey guys, I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post:( It is true that Felipe and Letizia do show some affection toward each other, but to me it's more her than him. As for the thing about their wedding (him not kissing her, but holding his mother's hand) still bugs me. And I didn't mean that they should have a make-out session in public.

Once again, sorry.
You do not have to apologize.

In Spain, the Infantas did not kiss publicly either.

The Prince is a future Chief of State (besides a shy man), not the protagonist of a romantic movie. He flees of the spectacle.

The only ones that took interest as this image were the paparazzi , but it is a bit infantile to think that a kiss in the mouth demonstrates more love, that a look, a gesture or a tender kiss in the cheek. A kiss in the mouth, is only a spectacle, not love. If the people were detaining to see the details, the gestures, the looks, love would see much more that in a kiss in the mouth.

We see too many movies, and there is the one who thinks that the life of the Principes is a movie, and is not like that or it should not be like that. There are many persons who do not want to do of their feelings a public spectacle.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

Not to give kisses in the mouth means that you do not demonstrate affection towards your pair? Good do not worry I believe that nobody doubt that occurs them, but in private. :p

The love is not a kiss in the mouth, that is not demonstration of love, is spectacle. :p They do not demonstrate to love the one to the other? watches their glances, gestures…; that is love. In addition that they do not have because to be occurring kisses in the mouth, if they do not want; they have right to their privacy. And they in their appearances are making their work, not demonstrating to people if they have love or no.:)

And I follow without understanding that has of bad giving the hand to your mother? The married men can not have an affection gesture towards their mother?

Old 06-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
There are many persons who do not want to do of their feelings a public spectacle.
Just for the record, Prince Edward and Sophie-Rhys Jones were just one more example to add to the list... they didn't kiss in the mouth for the sake of paparazi... and, from my part, I would add "thank goodness".
Old 06-24-2006, 09:12 AM
Serene Highness

I just love both of them. They're very dedicated to their work and to Spain. And of course to each other. I think it's visible they love eachother very much and they have their little angel Leonor to show for it. So kissing each other in public or not, is really their business, not ours!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Nobility

They are both good-looking, intelligent, respectable, diplomatic, hard-working, they love each other.....and last but not the least,they have the most adoring royal baby...What more can we say??...They are just too perfect, at least in my eyes and to those who appreciate them...and I think a lot would agree with what I've said about them ...and I just love this family ....

Old 07-22-2006, 01:37 AM
Courtier

There is no doubt about it...this Crown Princely couple is the most hard-working couple of the Crown Princely couples, as is evident by their almost full daily agendas.

However, there is still something that just doesn't sit with me. It still shocks me today that a lot of people can't see how sickly Letizia looks. When she was a reporter she looked absolutely gorgeous. Now, however, she looks way older and sickly. I can't really say I believe her when she states that that is her "constitution," because we once saw her looking so very much different and healthier (I did anyways). When I look at photos some posters posted of her almost 2 years ago and then at the more recent ones, it is extremely evident to me that something is going on, because she just doesn't look healthy. No one is so thin to the point where no fat is evident. I'm not saying I want her to be fat, it's just that sometimes she seems to be so thin that there's more bones showing than actual fatty mass. I felt this way especially when I was looking through the SRF thread, "Summer Vacations in Palma de Mallorca 2006," where Letizia appears so thin it's shocking to me. It seems every year I see her becoming thinner and thinner.

I've never really expressed my opinion of her in such detail and I know there are some posts coming to me, but now, it just seems to be getting worse, to me, in my opinion, that is. No rudeness intended.

www.one.org
Old 07-22-2006, 02:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you Mathilde, Letizia is far too skinny now

source: Wireimage
do you honestly believe a healthy woman would have arms like hers? her bones look like they'll come out any time!
Old 07-22-2006, 03:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

The lighting was bad, this particular picture probably didn't reflect the reality. If she were not healthy, she probably wouldn't have been able to undertake the numerous activities the last couple of months. She is not the only one who lost weight, Felipe also looks thinner than usual. Probably they just need a break.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
The lighting was bad, this particular picture probably didn't reflect the reality. If she were not healthy, she probably wouldn't have been able to undertake the numerous activities the last couple of months. She is not the only one who lost weight, Felipe also looks thinner than usual. Probably they just need a break.
If she were sick, it does not mean she cant do anything, but if she were really sick and nobody does anything to help her, then she wont be able to do in the future what she is doing now. Hopefully it wont be this way and just a phase like we all have.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:43 AM
Heir Apparent

maybe you're both right, but I think she has lost a lot of weight:

Source: TVE captures from letiziaortiz.tk and Wireimage

And about not being able to fullfill her duties, Victoria of Sweden always did her acts no matter how thin she was so I don't think that's a justification...

Mods: feel free to move this to the Posting Habits thread if you consider it necessary
Old 07-22-2006, 04:47 AM
Courtier

Yes that is true for Victoria, even if she didnt have all the activities the princes are having lately. I agree totally that she has lost weight, how much, just she knows, maybe after this vacation period she will be able to regain some and take things more easy.

I just want to add that for a skinny woman that looses some weight is more evident than for another woman with average weight or overweight.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
I agree with you Mathilde, Letizia is far too skinny now
http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default...06125242AM.jpg
source: Wireimage
do you honestly believe a healthy woman would have arms like hers? her bones look like they'll come out any time!
That is one of the pictures that shocked me the most. At first, she lost weight to fit into her new role. I would want to lose a few vanity pounds also. But now, it just seems to have perhaps gotten out of control. There is nothing healthy in the way she looks. I remember when I saw the Silver wedding celebrations official photo of all the princes and princesses together...Letizia just looked so small and fragile---where she once looked healthy and like she worked out. How can people be OK with this when she looks just terrible, IMO. I am in no way comparing Letizia and Mary as far as abilities go, but Mary also lost weight to fit into her new role. However, when one looks at pictures of mary she looks very healthy and not "boney." She looks quite athletic.

I'm just worried about Letizia...how long can one go... Honestly, I don't think it's her constitution, but if she says it is, what can I say since I don't know her personal life...??

www.one.org
Old 07-22-2006, 05:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
If she were sick, it does not mean she cant do anything, but if she were really sick and nobody does anything to help her, then she wont be able to do in the future what she is doing now. Hopefully it wont be this way and just a phase like we all have.
I didn't say she couldn't do anything if she were sick. But if you look at their schedules the last couple of months, if she were sick, she wouldn't have been able to fullfill all those duties. Some of them were not exactly easy physical wise, such as under 40C temperature, a whole day activities lasting more than 8 hours and etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
And about not being able to fullfill her duties, Victoria of Sweden always did her acts no matter how thin she was so I don't think that's a justification...
True. But Victoria (when she was sick) didn't have as busy schedule as Felipe and Letizia had the last couple of months.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
True. But Victoria (when she was sick) didn't have as busy schedule as Felipe and Letizia had the last couple of months.
I don't understand how having a full schedule for "the last couple months" would interfere that extremely. When they go to activities, what do they do? Don't they do what the majority of us do? I mean, I go to school and work all day everyday, I don't have a break, yet I take care of myself and that doesn't mean I sacrifice my health. When the two do their activities, don't they go places and sit and walk a little bit. Granted, I know they had an activity recently where they were outside...but wasn't that just one day? I had "summer band"...in Texas...during the heat of the day 10AM to 4PM, where the temperature sometimes rose to 100F+ degrees...everday in the summer, and I was fine, I do not recall looking as sickly as Letizia. Furthermore, if this were really the cause of her extreme physical appearance, wouldn't Felipe be looking just like her? It's just that a lot of people counter with saying how busy they are...but some of us are just as busy, if not, more.

No rudeness intended.

www.one.org
Old 07-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mathilde1286, you can check their activity threads. They almost had activities almost everyday, travelled a lot. She lost some weight that she didn't have much to begin with and didn't look as good as before, but it doesn't mean she is sick. She has been too active to be considered 'sick' in my opinion. Felipe also lost some weight (see the vacation thread) and probably lost more than Letizia, which actully looks good on him IMO because he had been a little bit overweight since Letizia's pregnancy.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Mathilde, I believe that you do not have the things very clear.

There is a thing that is called a constitutional thinness, which in case of Letizia is evident, only it is necessary to see images of her sisters, or of her aunt Henar. The persons who have it, have a natural trend to slim because they have fewer cells of fat. They are healthy persons, who feed well, but that have many difficulties to gain weight. To gain weight there need special, rich diets in proteins and the reduction of the physical activity, and nonetheless they gain weight very little by little.

A normal person who has a life with very much stress and many activity, is in the habit of losing weight ... for a normal person this loss of weight can make them marvellous. But for a person who is thin, this loss of weight makes them too thin, and to recover these kilos is very difficult for them.

You put examples of normal persons, or even of the persons with trend to put on weight .... in no case, these persons have not the same Letizia's metabolism.

I am going to put the example of the Spanish Royal Family. Do you know that the Spanish Royal Family is always to diet? The Borbones have a trend to put on weight, and have to look after very much not to put on weight. The aspect of the Infantas is derived from a strict physical care, they are below their weight, only it is necessary to see her images in the 80 ... and it seems to nobody to be rare, for many people they are marvellous ... but really they are below their weight.
This permanent diet of Zarzuela, has provoked curious anecdotes. The Infanta Cristina commented on a journalist that shehad to look after very much because but instead of "Infanta" she would be call it an " elefanta" (elephant). When Letizia was promised of the Prince and she installed in Zarzuela, the press was commenting that often was going to eat to mother's house (' food domestic and more consistent than that of Zarzuela).

And the best example. The Prince has slimmed enough, he had gained a few kilos and now he has lost them, something of diet and the intense activity they will have contributed. If the prince does not look after himself he can end tremendously. If in the Prince, who is a burly man, with facility to put on weight, the intense activity to contributed in order that he slims .... in his wife who is thin, and she loses weight with facility the loss of kilos is evident. Probably he has lost more kilos, but 5 kilos that make the Prince marvellous, they make Letizia very thin.

The Letizia's only options to put on weight would be a very studied diet and to reduce the activity and the stress ... first difficult but possible (they eat often out of house) ... the second totally impossible one. Since Donna has said, the agenda of the Princes in the last months has been exhausting, when one has such an intense activity the normal thing is that weight gets lost a little. If to it you join a life with many pressure and stress ... you have a time bomb ... that has made the prince marvellous, but that has made Letizia very thin (and it will be difficult to her to recover very much these kilos, because her metabolism gains grams very little by little, and because her life is going to continue being equal).

Finally it is good to rememberall the barbarities that were said and wrote in January, 2005 ... and as the May Leonor's arrival was annunced. The reality finishes always being imposed.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:21 AM
Aristocracy

It seems to me very bad that are put to speculate that she is ill. A woman who is skinny if she loses weight is normal that she sees herself thus.

I am going to give to an example to them, I am very skinny and people say to me that if I am well? and soon a friend who is fatter, because she has a little anemia. And I am very well of health. So do not pay attention to which she is very skinny or no; because that not always has something to see with being or of health or no.

In addition thus it was when they speculated that she was ill of anorexy and as soon as step? since they announce pregnancy. And we cannot be comparing with Mary because she is not indeed skinny before, so if low weight is normal that it is not seen as skinny as Letizia that always has been skinny.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:53 AM
Aristocracy

Chris, you're right. More In the pic she is carrying the "baby car" and please don't say she is ill just because she is thin on one pic ! Let her quiet ! How it must be exausting and frightening reading she is ill bacause of her thin, for her and her family...
She looks as she looks and she looks so marvellous with her little girl who is a pure marvellous baby !
Thanks for all the pics !
I hope we will have some pics of Letizia an Leonor joining Felipe on the port tonight...... I dream!!
Old 07-22-2006, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree that she is very thin now, but IMO it isn't connected with any serious illness. Everyone here realised that she had recovered after the pregnancy very quickly, in fact during the holiday in Lanzarote she was as slim as usual and it was just 2 months after giving birth! It would be impossible to keep such a busy agenda, have a very big baby and be ill at the same time.

Anyway, look at these pics (from seegerpress, originally posted by Elsa M.):
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5&d=1107257759
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5&d=1107254604
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3&d=1107254579

Look at her arms, shoulders and ruck! When I first saw these pics (they were taken on January 31st), I was really frightened, she was extremely thin. Almost all Spanish magazines, tabloids and serious newspapers as "El mundo" alike were writing that she has anorexia and casa real had to publish special statement. Two or three weeks later she was pregnant.

Old 07-22-2006, 08:50 AM
Gentry

Its funny to see how this thread is developing much in the same way as the Fred and Mary thread...:)
Two things:
In both threads theres a disturbing trend. If one likes the CPrincess in question, then all arguements are fair and dont get contradicted. If a person doesnt care for the CPrincess in question, which is fair enough, they practically have to substantiate their claim with court documents and at least 3 meetings with the CP..better yet, a personal relationship with her. Bit of a double standard...Good heavens,
And secondly, Letizia is very thin..wether its biological or whatever, its fair enough to say, that she might look better if she gained weight? Without it being a critisism? Iam a Mary-girl myself(iam a Dane...:) ) And i'd love it if Mary packed on some pounds..she has no ckeeks But love her anyway...
So, all respect to Letizia for doing her job her way. I really have nothing against her...just not my cup of tea. Luckily there are enough Crown Princesses to go around. We can all have a favourite...arent we lucky !!!