Your Opinions About Felipe and Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stefanie said:
I´m shocked how more and more annorexic Letizia looks. Her face looks like that of an old woman, her eyes are deeper and deeper into her eye socket, her cheekbone is visible more and more.

Not to sound harsh, but have you seen photos of her sisters? They are both very thin. So it is not like Letizia is the only one! I admit that I also think that Letizia is very very thin and she looked better with the extra bit of weight she had while pregnant but I have come to the conclusion that it is the way she is. Plus the stress of having people judge you constantly can certainly take its toll! I doubt she'll change! :)

She's has changed a lot. She's lost many kilos and she doesn't look good. Look at her pictures taken when she was a tv presenter. And she is getting thinner and thinner all the time. Can you imagine her in a year?

Before her marriage her life was very stressful too, and she was't that thin.

Many people these days live under huge pressure and they don't get anorectic. Letizia has chosen that life three years ago - she was experienced 30 year-old. I'm sure she adores her daughter, loves her husband - but maybe being a member of the royal family is too much for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exact she is thus and I believe that they would have to accept it and to let relate her to some disease; with these things one is not due to play. It is so difficult to understand that she is skinny? it is too heavy, always with the same. Respect as she is. You never have seen as a skinny person loses kilos to take a been busy life?:mad: :mad:

You cannot compare her life previous to the one of now. All their acts, are from a site to another one, must be in charge of the house, her clothes, her daughter. If to this you unite all the pressure to her and criticize that they have come upon her. Then the result is a life not very calm that we say.

...sOfIa.... said:
Not to sound harsh, but have you seen photos of her sisters? They are both very thin. So it is not like Letizia is the only one! I admit that I also think that Letizia is very very thin and she looked better with the extra bit of weight she had while pregnant but I have come to the conclusion that it is the way she is. Plus the stress of having people judge you constantly can certainly take its toll! I doubt she'll change! :)

Well,i agree with you,Letizia is too much thin,like her sisters,it´s evident.But i think she is thinner now because has changed the metabolism to her after the pregnancy and this happens to some women.Some women get fat after the pregnancy and other women thin much.I am tired to hear that Letizia is anorexic. If she were anorexic, the Spanish real house would not let she work.I am very thin and I do not have anorexy,simply this is my build,like Letizia.

Letizia is a mother who loves her child why on earth shouldn't she show it. Hugging and kissing your child is normal and very good for the child. If that is showing off then a lot of mothers should follow her example and show off there would be alot more secure and loved children in this world.

CRIS said:
You cannot compare her life previous to the one of now. All their acts, are from a site to another one, must be in charge of the house, her clothes, her daughter. If to this you unite all the pressure to her and criticize that they have come upon her. Then the result is a life not very calm that we say.
Lets not exaggerate, I doubt she has to cook and clean, mow the lawn, do the dishes and do grocery shopping etc:wacko: And just because she does not have a fashion-stylist does not mean she does not have any help with her clothes. Im sure she has someone to wash, dryclean and iron her clothes and make sure they are ready for her engagments. and she has nannies. There are women and men who work several jobs to make ends meet, a bunch of children and has to do all things related to the house and home themsleves, lets not make Letizia a victim, she chose her life herslef.

We are not speaking of being too much or not for she; Letizia is very happy and that can be seen perfectly. But everybody is not equal; because to compare with other people. I myself I am skinny, and when I am in stages that I must make many things; then I lose weight, but that does not cause that it finds me bad. And soon another person can not happen to she the same, because simply she has different metabolism.

Because you continue naming the anorexy? really that I do not understand; that to be skinny it is not to be ill; it is so difficult to understand?

To be member of the family is not too much for her; what is frustante and very sad and not only for her; it is that all always are criticizing, inventing lies on her, putting with her family…; or case your you would support this? because I no.
You say that letizia chose, if she chose it and she takes it very well, in spite of those who want that it fails; and mainly she never has complained her life.

Larzen said:
Lets not exaggerate, I doubt she has to cook and clean, mow the lawn, do the dishes and do grocery shopping etc:wacko: And just because she does not have a fashion-stylist does not mean she does not have any help with her clothes. Im sure she has someone to wash, dryclean and iron her clothes and make sure they are ready for her engagments. There are women and men who have two jobs, a bunch of children and has to do all things related to the house and home themsleves, lets not make Letizia a victim, she chose her life herslef.

I completely agree with you. There are very many persons working a lot harder and not being so well paid. And then I don't understand why, if someone dares to say something about Letizia being thin, which she really is, he/she is attacked at once here on the forum. Maybe it's just a worry they express, and not something SOOOO negative. :) Just an opinion.

I am not making to Letizia a victim; and yes she has who helps and I do not deny it. But this does not mean that she does not do anything, and that is not under pressure. And another single thing I defend her of criticize that for my they do not have sense.

I have not attacked anybody, single I am giving my opinion. And I am not discussing by that they say that letizia is skinny, because she is; single I am saying that I believe that one is not due to be naming the anorexy, because it is a disease with which one is not due to play.

Ok, well this thread is supposed to be about the SRF enjoying their vacations but sadly it's turning away from that! We all have different opinions. Maybe Letizia is too thin? Maybe it is just the way she is? I think it is sad to start discussing something (again) as serious as anorexia. :sad:. If Letizia does have a problem, lets hope the Royal family are dealing with it in the right way. And please, don't think you are being 'attacked', I am just saying.

I feel it by to have created this discussion, single I wanted to give my opinion, with which it did not agree. I do not try to attack anybody.:sad:

I must say - I'm very disappointed with Letizia. I expected her to be a personality, not only next celebrity. She seemed to be a perfect candidate for a modern princess. And she is not. We discuss her look (her thiness, clothes etc.) but nothing about her actions. I wanted her to be something more than nice background for her husband. And there is one question - is this her choice or the royal court?

On her activities in solitaire, that does not know anybody to it. But the real house wants to give the image of an equipment, of the couple; and they do not want that Letizia has all protagonism because the future king is the prince.

Anna Nowak said:
I must say - I'm very disappointed with Letizia. I expected her to be a personality, not only next celebrity. She seemed to be a perfect candidate for a modern princess. And she is not. We discuss her look (her thiness, clothes etc.) but nothing about her actions. I wanted her to be something more than nice background for her husband. And there is one question - is this her choice or the royal court?

Please.:huh:

This one is not the place to speak about this topic, there are other forums dedicated to it, where you can write everything what you want, and where you can read hundreds of opinions about the topic. Letizia, belongs to the Spanish Royal Household, and the persons who are over her, they take the decisions. Her function answers to what in this moment they believe that it is better, for the whole series of questions, which are long of explaining.

Anna Nowak said:
There is not such thing as royal court in Spain. Juan Carlos and Sofia has decided in the beginning of their "work" that they won't have court, ladies-in-waiting etc. This is the main reason they don't even have the residents they are living in, it's the belongings of the whole nation and the country, not their own.
And do you think Letizia gets up in the morning and says to the King: "okay, Juanito, I want to do this and this and this, and this can be done by Elena or Cristina!"? Only the household of the King decides about activities of each member of the RF, not they themselves. So if you are disappointed with Letizia's activities, you are in fact disappointed with the work of royal household.
But perhaps it would be better if somebody from Spain would tell sth about that, not me.

CRIS said:
I have not attacked anybody, single I am giving my opinion. And I am not discussing by that they say that letizia is skinny, because she is; single I am saying that I believe that one is not due to be naming the anorexy, because it is a disease with which one is not due to play.
I agree. Anorexy is first of all psychological disease, not only phisical, and many women die due to it, so IMO, as soon as we don't have an official communicate from casareal that "the Princess is seriously ill" we shouldn't name her thinnes an illness. Letizia is very, very thin, I agree, sometimes I even ask myself what is the reason of it, but do you really see any other simptoms of possible illness? Every time when Felipe or Leonor are next to her, she is simply glowing with happyness, she was able to attend all her activities (sometimes even every day) and first of all get pregnant and give birth to a healthy child, what would be impossible if she was ill.

Last edited:
So, the King should give her more space to act. What is he afraid of? That Letizia could become a star of the family and overshadow his son? We live in XXI century, Spaniards are a modern society and I think they expect more from their future queen.
She should be a role model for people. Only in Spain - the heir to the throne's wife is so reduced (I admit - I don't know much about the royal family of Brunei for example).

Anna Nowak said:
So, the King should give her more space to act. What is he afraid of? That Letizia could become a star of the family and overshadow his son? We live in XXI century, Spaniards are a modern society and I think they expect more from their future queen.
She should be a role model for people. Only in Spain - the heir to the throne's wife is so reduced (I admit - I don't know much about the royal family of Brunei for example).

I don't think we should compare royalty with celebrity. Letizia is who she is and as a future queen I think she has been fulfilling her role quite nicely. I personally think that none of the members of the family overshadow another.

She is the only crownprincess that has been included in everything her husband, the heir to the throne, as been doing. She participates in meetings and events with heads of state, state and local dignitaries and officials and travels with him to the latin american inaugurations ( before Leonor). She is being involved in a serious manner where her training and natural curiosity and intellect is being appreciated. Being a celebrity is not in her interest nor the interest of the Spanish Royal family. She probably has a very direct influence of the direction of Felipe's role as the next King. She may have met with more people from her country than any other crownprincess. She and Felipe are frequently out around the country to meet with constituents about their lives and concerns. I consider Felipe and Letizia a real power couple and expect to see great things from them in bringing attention to Spain, spanish language and culture while at the same time make the monarchy a lasting one.

Dear Anna, personally, I think it's a bit tough of you to comment like that.

Remember, Letizia is the only ADULT member without royal blood line in Spain royal family, which makes her the easiest target to critise. Besides, it's prety obvious the king is the absolute boss in this family; and i don't think letizia have much say about her schedules. adding to that, she joined the family with quite a bagage. You know, being a devorcee and all that. I won't blame her if she's more cautious compared to other new princesses.

Also, I actually think it's a good thing that she follows her husband in public activities and dress professionally. they are a good team and obviously compliment each other; and they know what the right focus should be.

As for her seemingly very touching friendly with Leonor in public. Just keep in mind that she is the FIRSTTIME mom. and you can never accuse a mom to be over attentive or too pround of her little baby!:flowers: especially a baby as precious as Leonor. :wub: have to confesss I, myself, am completely charmed by this little baby. so little while having such huge character.

I think that princess Letizia has been critized a lot, I don't know why people can understand that She has been thin all her life, is too difficult to get it, I agree She is thinner than normal, but She isn't sick, for God sake, People just say this, and that, I imagine because she is a magnetic person and maybe a lot of people is over her, people like seeing princess Letizia, those who critize her and those who love her, but It's enough, leave her in peace.

No need for personal attacks, but it is true that Letizia looks different. Her eyes, cheekbones and nose are either sunken or bigger...she does not look good! ...this is onlymy opinion...

http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=01015182.jpg

There have been some critical comments about Letizia's attention to Leonor. I am not an expert as I have only two children but as I remember small children easily get tired and overwhelmed in new situations. The best way to stave off an crying attack is to distract them and by being very attentive and constantly get their attention. Always worked for my kids. A small child that decides he/she has had enough and is determined to let everyone know that, is not that easy to quiet down. Inaki and Christina constantly tend to their little girl as well.

Letizia is a smart woman and her husband too, if she gets too thin or too fat or whatever that may cause problems to her health, dont you think they will act immediately? we can all agree that she would look better with some additional weight, but it is her business to decide about it. She for sure can look for help to gain some weight and increase her food intake and so on, but it is her decision to do that and we dont know if she is ready for that in this moment. We need to let her relax about this subject and you will see that some changes will happen. If someone is under constant scrutinity and stress dont have so much energy to work things out.

I think the some journalist's are still angry that Felipe married Letizia, they would not be so critical if she were of a noble family. I do think her family has benefitted from the marriage but so has CP Marys father. As for her weight she is busy and taking care of the baby too so she might not have time to snack in between the activities unlike my SIn law who is a couch patoto watching tv for hours on end and gained 40lb after she had her baby.
wittykitty

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but a lot of women probably would not mind having a body like Letizia's.

Roxsteve said:
No need for personal attacks, but it is true that Letizia looks different. Her eyes, cheekbones and nose are either sunken or bigger...she does not look good! ...this is onlymy opinion...

http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=01015182.jpg

I had noticed a picture her on the Hello site and notice she looked VERY thin. This picture makes her look like she has gone way too far.

chuchu said:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but a lot of women probably would not mind having a body like Letizia's.

That about says it. I know I wouldn't mind it. She looks thinner in some pictures than in others, but it's a nice kind of thin--she still has curves.

bmbutler said:
I had noticed a picture her on the Hello site and notice she looked VERY thin. This picture makes her look like she has gone way too far.

"Gone way too far"? You made it sound like she could control her weight with the snap of fingers. Have you heard any stories of her volmitting in the bathroom after every meal or anything else we haven't heard? :wacko:

And I don't understand the accusation tone of a lot of the messages posted about Letizia's weight. Is being thin a fault that worth criticism? Isn't eating disorder brought on often by criticism? So if Letizia already has an eating disorder - which we don't know -, wouldn't more criticism of her weight make her worse? :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom