The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 05-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., United States
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
The one thing however I have heard nobody mention is the weight loss of other royal women since joining the public eye. How come nobody thinks some of them who have lost considerable weight since their marrages are "withering away" or whose weight is cause for alarm?
Excellent comments Genevieve. I am particularly partial to Letizia because several years ago I went on a crash diet and so many people made inappropriate remarks. My goal was 1 pound per day and in one month I was 25 pounds lighter, felt great, and have kept the weight off.

Nonetheless, I was offended that women who were oftentimes grossly overweight (yes, I live in America) would dare to tell me that I looked "too thin". Letizia is gorgeous and whatever weight she and Felipe decide she should be is the weight she should drop down to. She looks stunning!
__________________

  #222  
Old 05-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wonderful City, Brazil
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
just a reminder of how breathtaking
Letizia once was. photo from tve1,
source: www.letiziaortiz.tk

and she was healthy, strong and radiant
here with Felipe in December 2003
(corbis photo)


and now withering away in May 2006,
which no one wants to talk about
photo from casa real


I think this is legitmate to point out.
And there we go again...

I've lost count of how many times I've already pointed this out (maybe someday it'll sink in)

As Genevieve already stated, if Letizia were as sick as many people insist on affirming, she would never be able to carry on the amount of duties she does.

But, there's a living proof that Letizia isn't sick, and it is called Leonor. Do you really think - honestly - that, if Letizia was so sick, she would be able to carry a full term pregnancy and give birth to a health baby? One of the first things that's affected when women are sick (and specially of an eating disorder, as this may seem 'Letizia's secret disease') is the reprodutive part.

I've had friends with bulimia and anorexia, and one of the first symptoms was that their period simply ceased from coming, meaning that they weren't ovulating.

It's widely known that the conception of a baby depends on ovulation, so, if Letizia is so gravely ill, how could she get pregnant? That's the one thing I would like to see an explanation for.

Letizia is a woman who takes care of herself, she eats well, she has a 6 month old to take care of, as well as end, not to mention a full agenda of official engagements. Letizia know that, as a princess, she kind of represents a whole model, as well she has always to present herself with poise and elegance, she's naturally thin (as her sisters and mother are there to prove).

There's nothing wrong with her health - maybe just a little tiredness due to the fact she's a new mom and is breastfeeding her baby girl, as well as too busy being the Princess of Asturias.
__________________

  #223  
Old 05-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Withering away?
http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=casareal2nm.jpg

I hope I look as happy as she does if I start to "wither away"!
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #224  
Old 05-16-2006, 10:26 PM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Withering away?
http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=casareal2nm.jpg

I hope I look as happy as she does if I start to "wither away"!

What do you mean exactly ?
  #225  
Old 05-17-2006, 01:30 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., United States
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith
But, there's a living proof that Letizia isn't sick, and it is called Leonor. Do you really think - honestly - that, if Letizia was so sick, she would be able to carry a full term pregnancy and give birth to a health baby? One of the first things that's affected when women are sick (and specially of an eating disorder, as this may seem 'Letizia's secret disease') is the reprodutive part.

I've had friends with bulimia and anorexia, and one of the first symptoms was that their period simply ceased from coming, meaning that they weren't ovulating.
I do not subscribe to the gossip that Letezia has an eating disorder. She has produced an heir and she will dutifully produce a second child at the very least. No future king wants his crown descending to a brother or sister and presumably part of her original contract is that she produces at least two children. I think all of this talk about anorexia and bulimia is distracting from her role as Crown Princess and the glamour she brings to the Spanish royal house. Her weight is obviously in obedience to Prince Felipe's taste and that is all there is to it!
  #226  
Old 05-17-2006, 02:16 AM
tenngirl's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess
Diana Spencer, a young woman who's not well educated and had no career prospect, was considered the ideal royal bride simply because she's from a noble family and she's a virgin. We all know how well that marriage turned out and how much damage she did to the British monarchy.
I think that all the princesses of today owe a debt to Diana. Diana made monarchy interesting. I think that there would be little or no interest in them if Diana had not come along. Regardless of whether or not she did harm to the BRF.

Personally, I do not care for Letizia. I think she looks very hard. However, it seems that Felipe is happy.

A couple of messages up, someone was talking about Felipe marrying a noble woman that he did not care for and how awful that would be. I have to admit that I started thinking about that and this is my conclusion. Felipe has a pretty easy life. Yes, he has to make boring visits all over and bear with the attention. But he is paid good money, he is able to go anywhere he wants in the world, he does not have to get up and go to a boring job EVERY DAY, he does not have to work out with the wife who will stay home with the sick baby. He has a very easy life.

It seems then that marrying a noble or royal woman is a simple trade-off. He has all these benefits, can't he sacrifice something?

Before you shoot me for wanting him to be miserable, that is not my intention. However, if monarchy is going to mean anything in the years ahead, it is going to have to keep its uniqueness. Marrying women that are not noble, etc. is not the way to do it.

Just my two cents. Now I will duck all the pies being thrown my way!
  #227  
Old 05-17-2006, 05:41 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
What do you mean exactly ?
Another poster, I think it was Laviolette, said that Letezia was aiwthering away in the picture. I meant to say that if I ever start to "wither away" I hope I look this good. Apologies if I wasn't clear enough.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #228  
Old 05-17-2006, 11:00 AM
sm1939's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,299
Fab pictures , must admit ............ I know that people wont like this
but I find, as a couple them rather Dull .............. and I dont know why!
  #229  
Old 05-17-2006, 11:13 AM
CRIS's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Palmas, Spain
Posts: 200
I do not understand what you say of the couple
  #230  
Old 05-17-2006, 11:35 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
Fab pictures , must admit and I know that people wont like this
but I find, as a couple they are rather Dull .............. and I dont know why!
You don't know why, me too because, it's difficult to say they are .... rather Dull for events like that Try to explain you , because yesterday the Princes mad my day and I think that I'm not alone

Furthermore,the both were so involved in their activities that the people had making them a true ovation and the atmosphere was not boring at all.

Sure it's not a football cup neither a tennis party!

When I see the Princess so beautiful and at ease beetwen the crowd, when we can watch at Felipe kissing mamies and babies in a so warm atmosphere we can considr that it a quiet historical moment in their growing up; and that it's very interesting for their future.
  #231  
Old 05-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., United States
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
Fab pictures , must admit ............ I know that people wont like this
but I find, as a couple them rather Dull .............. and I dont know why!
Maybe because Letezia is very obedient in her role, but she must of course play it safe. Felipe is undeniably a striking man and surely Letizia realizes that it is safer to be conservative and completely submissive to her prince than risk failing at another marriage. In these photos Felipe seems very relaxed and Letezia looks like a positively beautiful companion :)
  #232  
Old 05-17-2006, 11:54 AM
sm1939's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDoc
Maybe because Letezia is very obedient in her role, but she must of course play it safe. Felipe is undeniably a striking man and surely Letizia realizes that it is safer to be conservative and completely submissive to her prince than risk failing at another marriage. In these photos Felipe seems very relaxed and Letezia looks like a positively beautiful companion :)
Youve hit the "nail on the head" , dont mean to be nasty , but I just feel that she plays the little wife to his big strong man . ( I know she was a career woman before getting married ) but I just feel she isnt her own person thats all.
  #233  
Old 05-17-2006, 11:58 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
" conservative"..."completely submissive" ???? What awful words ! I hope it's a joke ! It's vry incredible because as Letizia is doing very well her job which is doing exactly the same things than Felipe ( except the speech ) she is completely submissive... Please try to explain me because I didn't understand the meaning of this sentence. Thanks in advance.
  #234  
Old 05-17-2006, 12:32 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,194
I am not in anything in agreement with any commentaries. Probably the difference is cultural.

In Spain as the historical circumstances the Monarchy has had a particular role. The Monarchy is a political institution, is the Headquarters of the State. And the important thing is that they do well their work representing to their country, and that can belong near to the citizens. This it is for my Monarchy of the S.XXI.

The future of the Monarchy is not to lead magazines of gossip, not that the Princesses are models of Hihg Couture ... it can provide a popularity, but it is a bad popularity that eventually can be a denial.

It is very nice to see the images of the monarchies in the magazines, but probably one thinks differently when the monarchy is that of the own country. For the countries that support their monarchies, especially for the European modern countries, it important it is that the monarchies are useful and serve to their country, because it is as well as they are gained the citizens.

Diana gained popularity she herself, how particular person , but she did not give popularity and respect to the British Wreath, to the institution or to the Prince Charles who was the inheritor. The European countries must know that their princes inheritors (or Princess in case of Sweden) are prepared to represent to their countries and to be the Chiefs of the State.

The popularity is nice, but in the just and understood well quantity. The important thing is that the people know that the Princes are capable of representing well to the country, and that their work respects. The popularity helps, clearly that yes, but it is not necessary to to be the most important thing.
  #235  
Old 05-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., United States
Posts: 244
Thank you lula, I enjoyed reading the perspective of someone who is a subject Juan Carlos and I meant no disrespect towards Letezia. Perhaps I can better explain Letezia's role by highlighting how she seems like the Spanish version of Crown Princess Masako whose role is simply to produce a male heir and defer to her husband.
  #236  
Old 05-17-2006, 07:30 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDoc
Thank you lula, I enjoyed reading the perspective of someone who is a subject Juan Carlos and I meant no disrespect towards Letezia. Perhaps I can better explain Letezia's role by highlighting how she seems like the Spanish version of Crown Princess Masako whose role is simply to produce a male heir and defer to her husband.
I believe that it is something that I have repeated often and in what many people are wrong.

Sometimes there is had an obsolete vision of a Spain that looks alike more to Franco's Spain and that it does not have to see with the Spain of the S.XXI.

There is a thing on which I insist very much, Letizia is not a woman in the shade ofher husband, is a colitigant in the shade of an inheritor of right. With the time she will do acts in solitarily because it is the normal thing, but for the present time the positionis gained. About this moment probably think that Letizia helps more supporting her husband, that improving herself.

Though the situation is different because Letizia has an official recognition, and the Dukes colitigants not, the certain thing is that Jaime and Iñaki have never come to official acts alone, only they do it with wives, and to nobody it happens to say that they are men in the shade of their wives.

Letizia will have a more relevant role in the future, when she could develop a public normal activity without everything what she does turns into motive for creating polemic on the part of some.

Certainly, Letizia can have beautiful girls and nothing will happen. And before or later the law will change and Leonor will have her place insured ... because the Spanish society of the S.XXI would not accept another thing.
  #237  
Old 05-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Aussie Princess's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: n/a, Australia
Posts: 373
I can't believe Letizias weight is even a topic of discussion-if she was not eating enough there is no possible way she would have been able to get pregnant at all ,let alone carry to full term and produce probably the healthiest looking baby I have ever seen. To talk about her having some sort of eating disorder cheapens her efforts as being the ULTIMATE diplomat, and smart and hard working beyong belief. anyone not in awe of her dedication and work ethic would have to be crazy, the two of them are simply unbelievable. I hope Spain realises how lucky they are to be representing by the finest team they couldn't have even dreamed of. Sadly I think the people who work the hardest and dedicate their whole lives often get the least glory compared to the grandstanding showponies.:(
  #238  
Old 05-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Nad25's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 367
In this time and age a person in public life is judged more on their appearnce rather than their achievments in life!
__________________
''The feeling remains that God is on the journey, too." - Saint Teresa of Avila.
  #239  
Old 05-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Princess
Sadly I think the people who work the hardest and dedicate their whole lives often get the least glory compared to the grandstanding showponies.:(
I think your comments are entirely accurate. I think Felipe and Letizia are doing a brilliant job, is she thin, well people naturally come in all shapes and sizes don't they.:)
  #240  
Old 05-18-2006, 08:48 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
She is thin ! SO WHAT ! We have to pay attention, may be it exists also a narrow minded with whom is more difficult to have a good image than a thin people able to think. Who knows ? :p :p
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marie-Chantal: Opinions karima Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 276 10-11-2016 02:26 PM
Opinions on strapless wedding dresses IloveCP Royal Weddings General Discussion 140 10-08-2016 07:45 PM
Your Opinions about Mabel carlota Prince Friso, Princess Mabel and Family 43 11-09-2013 06:14 AM
Statements, Opinions; Feelings ? michelle Princely Family of Monaco 37 04-20-2009 10:22 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece harald illegitimate children kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander may 2016 member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess stéphanie's fashion & style queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion royal visits september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark state visit to france succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises