The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Hello everyone - Let's please leave the topic of religion out of this discussion except where it applies to the royal family specifically.

Empress - Royal Forums Supermoderator

Old 05-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Commoner

It might well increase because Felipe is not as popular as his father King Juan Carlos I.

QUOTE;

do you think the criticism of Princess Letizia will Increase or decrease when she becomes Queen?

Criticism about:

not providing a male heir:It will increase because Elena would have inherited the crown if a male heir was not relevant.

her clothes, either blowing in the wind or her bikini. Well, I think she might have a style adviser in the future.
her previous marriage/divorce. It is almost forgotten

her relationship with her husband and In-Laws. It is getting worse.
her parents and sisters. Thelma is highly polemic but the rest rest in silence.

etc...

Old 05-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAna View Post
Her relationship with her husband and In-Laws. It is getting worse.
I was unaware that there was any tension beween Letizia and Filepe, let alone with her inlaws. Is this a new development?
Old 05-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I was unaware that there was any tension beween Letizia and Filepe, let alone with her inlaws. Is this a new development?
Actually, this is just a crazy rumour, based on light air According to some people the relationship between Letizia and specifically Cristina is quite bad as they never talk to each other while being present at official days.

I think the criticism of Letizia will stay the same when she becomes Queen, especially on this forum I'm afraid! I don't see why anything would suddenly change!
Old 05-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I am not aware of this too. Please tell us more about this Princess Ana because what I am aware of lately are the criticism that Felipe and Letizia are almost always holding hands even in a gala And this is also what I've seen lately of Queen Sofia and Letizia and Infanta Elena
Old 05-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Courtier

I just don't understand why some people really want to only say bad remarks (even when making-up or lying) about this couple. Recently on a trip to Holland I found out that everyone that I talked to there really loved their Maxima and Spain's Letizia. Some even thought that Maxima could take a page from Letizia's book on a few things. That being said, the only time I find critism of Letizia (personally not her clothes as that is an individual preference) seem to be on these forums or by really "low class" and jealous royal want-to-be journalists.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Gentry

The princess Letizia will be a marvellous queen.
Now she is a wonderful princess.
The princes are loved.
It is important for nobody if she was divorced, because now she is married.
And her relation with the queen Sofía is perfect.
I am Spanish. I live in Spain.
That I read so strange things....
Old 05-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

[quote=HMTLove23;734768]do you think the criticism of Princess Letizia will Increase or decrease when she becomes Queen?

Criticism about:

not providing a male heir (YET)
She is still young enough to have more children. CP Felipe was Q Sofia's third child. There is still hope.
her clothes, either blowing in the wind or her bikini.
Well, Queen Silvia of Sweden is still sporting a bikini during summer holidays and for a lady old enough to be a grandma she looks stunning. Letizia is much younger and slim enough to carry it.
her previous marriage/divorce.
If this did not stop her from becoming Princess of Asturias, I do not think it will pop up, hopefully many years from now.
her relationship with her husband and In-Laws.
This is an issue. By the time she becomes Queen the relationship with the in laws will not much matter but the one with her husband will always be important. Again, I believe they did not know each other long enough before they married and this may be good or bad, depending on what flaws in each other they did not have time to come to terms with. Felipe has the reputation of being very stubborn. Let's hope they will remain in their current situation for a long long time in terms to their relationship and duties to the Crown.
her parents and sisters. Seems like she is close to them all
etc...
Old 05-19-2008, 01:09 AM
Gentry

IMO as soon as the Infantas become teens and start dating all the attention will move away from Letizia.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I have very little interest in Letizia (apart from seeing what she wears to the odd gala banquet), and although she seems, and always has seemed to me, a rather uninteresting person (probably quite the opposite I'm sure), I think many criticisms she faces are, at times, harsh and prejudiced.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she will always be criticized because in general terms,she is not very popular in Spain.Most people think she has a bad temperament,she is not sweet,she has been ambitius to marry a prince ,she tries to play a role in an institution ,she, in the past, did not like...There are many critics in Spain of herself.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Commoner

As well as things go on with Letizia it'll be a miracle she become the queen of Spain. At least prince Felipe and Letizia have to wait ten years to be accepted by most of Spanish people. And they expect Letizia changes her attitude with her in laws and stop blaming others for her problems. Besides she doesn't show the infantas to the people (I mean thru the press as queen Sofia used to do when she was the princess of Spain) Spanish people are customed to see and feel their royal family in every day activities.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla rizzone View Post
Besides she doesn't show the infantas to the people (I mean thru the press as queen Sofia used to do when she was the princess of Spain) Spanish people are customed to see and feel their royal family in every day activities.
She? Why do you assume that it was just her decision and Felipe had no part of it or even The Powers That Be at Zarzuela? Besides we don't really see much of the other young princes either in "everyday activities". We don't see much of Mathilde's and Mette-Marit's, and I don't follow Mary so I don't know. Not to mention Maxima's children are protected by that law, no paparazzi photos for those kids.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:20 AM
Aristocracy

Whoever criticizes her for not providing a male heir need to slap themselves, now. Don't they realize that it's the sperm that dictates whether the child will be a boy or a girl? Honestly, I hate ignorance like that. They should blame CP Felipe if it made any more sense.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
As well as things go on with Letizia it'll be a miracle she become the queen of Spain. At least prince Felipe and Letizia have to wait ten years to be accepted by most of Spanish people. And they expect Letizia changes her attitude with her in laws and stop blaming others for her problems. Besides she doesn't show the infantas to the people (I mean thru the press as queen Sofia used to do when she was the princess of Spain) Spanish people are customed to see and feel their royal family in every day activities.

It's clear that you basis your comments about Princess Letizia on what yellow press want to say about her, it is a pity.

When you say "they expect Letizia changes her attitude with her in laws and stop blaming others for her problems", what are you talking about?.

Queen Sofia has made it clear, there is nothing wrong going on with anyone, Queen Sofia has said, "they made up such things", in spanish. dicen cada cosa.

And about press queen said "periodistas de mala baba", means, hateful or annoying press, so, Princess Letizia is well accepted in Spain, you can check her schedule, her outdoor activities, and you will find how many people in Spain wait to see her, to touch her, this bad image of princess Letizia has been sponsored for a spiteful journalist whose carreer has got way down since he has been in every yellow tv program talking about in the worst way on princess Letizia, even he has insulted her family, and she never has said a word neither her family, so this man is just crap.

He used to have a promising carreer, but it was an issue with queen Sofia and he never has recovered from that, before he lose her daughter he asked for help to queen Sofia but what could she do??, when his daughter were lost in the drogs. Her daugther died, and this stupid guy believes that if QS has helped him, his daughter would have never died. so since then he attack the Spanish royal family for whatever he wants, and her lately toy is Princess Letizia, so all those Trash story about if princess is good or bad, believe me, they are lies.

what happens is that many people in spain watch this kind of programs, and it begins gossips, but as you can see, there is nothing going on in what you have stated, perhaps you should read more realible press and you will realise that there are just lies, lies and lies.

Serious journalist, upper class people from spain, and so many other, including people from the goverment have told the same thing, "she is a wonderful princess, and will be a excelent queen."

Of course this guy and the yellow tv programs in Spain will continue saying stupids things about princess Letizia, you know, business are business, but this isn't real journalism, nevermind.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:57 AM
Royal Highness

not providing a male heir (YET) : Increase, please now year 2008
her clothes, either blowing in the wind or her bikini : no problem
her previous marriage/divorce : Now she is married to Prince of Austrias, this is sufficient.
her relationship with her husband and In-Laws : She is good wife and good mother
her parents and sisters: Increase, They are family and outside Spanish Royal Family

Letizia very very good wife, good daugther in law and good mother.
Intelligence, elegance, I think Letizia fit for Queen title.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't understand this post!!! at all.
Perhaps if I were a Spaniard it would be clearer to me but, blaming others for her problems, what problems? Waiting ten years, aren't they already loved and accepted by the people? Her relationship with her in-laws seems very close to me, am I wrong???? Showing her babies to the press, is that a prerequisite of being a royal??? I didn't realise that. I must be out of the loop
Old 11-16-2008, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
And they expect Letizia changes her attitude with her in laws and stop blaming others for her problems
it has been repeatedly said that letizia's attitute and relation with her in laws couldn't get better. she is close to the queen and the infantas and husbands.

blaming others? i really don't know what you mean. she never blamed anyone. not that i know of.

Quote:
Besides she doesn't show the infantas to the people (I mean thru the press as queen Sofia used to do when she was the princess of Spain) Spanish people are customed to see and feel their royal family in every day activities.
yes, spanish people are used to seeing their royal family in every day activities. because of that, leonor and sofia are not seen that much. they are just little girls and have no official functions as of yet. it would be inappropriate to take them along to engagements. they will start doing activities when they have to. as of now, they are just children and their role is to play and go to school, just like anyone else.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-16-2008, 06:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
I think she will always be criticized because in general terms,she is not very popular in Spain.Most people think she has a bad temperament,she is not sweet,she has been ambitius to marry a prince ,she tries to play a role in an institution ,she, in the past, did not like...There are many critics in Spain of herself.

Letizia got many criticisms from Spanish people because of her wild jumping in June at Euro 2008 Football after 3 days her grandmother’s death. Not to mention her past and her complete image makeovers.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Letizia got many criticisms from Spanish people because of her wild jumping in June at Euro 2008 Football after 3 days her grandmother’s death.
come on, i can't believe what we are discussing. i doubt 0.001% of the spanish people remember letizia jumping just after her grandma's death. it's just us, the police at TRF who do. letizia's grandma was old and it was expected. even in the funeral, letizia didn't look very affected. it's just the cycle of life. it's simply normal that after 3 days she can feel cheery enough to support her country. however, this isn't really what matters: what was important is that even after her death, she was able to pull together and keep on doing her duties. it's called professionalism. now, that's what the spanish people remember.

Quote:
people have differing opinions on letizia. however, i'd say the great majority have a normal-positive attitude towards her.
however, i don't know where you got that letizia opposed the monarchy. i certainly never read this.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all