Your Opinions About Felipe and Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I admire about Letizia...? Not much. That's mostly because she's featured very little in the news here and I don't know very much about her.

What I do know, and admire about her, is that she changed a career where she, as far as I understand, was fairly successful and in charge of her own life, to a life in the very traditional Spanish court. She, unlike most of the other Crown Princesses, was accustomed to somewhat living in the public eye before she married into the royal family, and she knew the language. But that doesn't mean that the transition was easier for her, I suppose, and I think, judging from pictures I've seen, that she's adapting fairly well.

I think that the thing I admire most about Letizia is also the thing I admire about Mathilde, Maxima, Mette-Marit, Sonja, Silvia, Mary, Henrik, and the other commoners who have married into the royal families over the years. That they have the guts and love to go for it, and live the rest of their lives under public scrutiny. They know it can't be easy, despite some of the privileges that come with the part, and yet they dare believe enough in their love to alter their lives completely. Now, that? I admire.

I admire Letizia in many ways. The main reasons are because of the way she, (in my opinion), adapted to royal life. She knew that it would be difficult, but she always seems to take an interest in whatever it is that she is doing and from looking at photographs-she obviously enjoys what she is doing very much ;)

Secondly, I think that alot of the younger generation in Spain admire Letizia, not only for her sense of style etc, but for being an intelligent and beautiful woman. For them she has bought a fresh face to the monarchy. And because she is their future Queen, I think that this is very important :D

Not if the word is to admire, but the things that I value for the Princess of Asturias are different.

1. Independently of the good things that can suppose being Princesa, also it has incovenientes. I believe that Letizia was brave from the moment that began her relation with the Prince, because she knew what had happened with other girlfriends of the Prince. She was putting in danger her form of life, her work ... but she could be kept very discreet, more difficult still if I think one where she was working.

2.She is a woman who worries for learning, for not committing mistakes. She comes to the meetings with paper and pen and captures her notes. She fulfills her colitigant's role, which does not mean that she is a vase. Letizia tries to be kept in the second plane, she knows that she is the center of attention, and tries that it is not like that. The important thing is the act to the one that comes, and not she. The same discrección is in her wardrobe, in her jewels ... simple, elegant and correct.

3.I believe that she is doing a good work, before presidents of government, children of Brazil or victims of tragedies. Curiously Letizia lived through her worse moment as Princess before she being, she had not married the Prince but she was with the whole Royal Family after 11M, in the hospital and in funeral.

4. Unfortunately they have to support too many commentaries, which she takes with certain enterenza. Her health has been a topic of constant debate,her different pregnancy so much same thing. In spite of everything she continues forward. In the familiar thing she has not passed it well either, a month of the commitment promising to be they were finding out that her grandfather was suffering a cancer (her aunt and godmother died of one a few years ago), the grandfather came from miracle to the wedding, but he will not manage to know his great-grandson. In spite of everything on the following day of the funeral of her grandfather she was expiring with her official activities. In spite of her fragile appearance, she is a great fortress.

5.I admire the resignation that she does to her freedom. To live in a golden cage must be agreeable. To go out of house with a bodyguard always with you, warning and asking for permission for to do it, not to have full freedom to go to the places that you want.I admire it in Letizia and in many public Spanish charges that meet obliged to live in the shade of a bodyguard. ETA's problem forces them to it, they do that they have that extremat the safety measurements and it should not be like that.

Last edited:
What I admire about Letizia is that she is a woman of substance: someone who cannot be described merely by the clothes that she wears or in simplistic terms like "she has a nice smile." She is someone who is made up of many things, positive qualities and qualities that are more difficult to deal with.

I admire her for her drive and determination and her lack of embarrassment about it. Why should she be embarrassed anyways that she sets goals for herself and sets out to achieve them and does so successfully?

I think she has a strong personality and were she a man, nobody would question this. Everyone would probably sing him praises about how intelligent, confident and strong-willed he is. But because such characteristics belong to a woman, there is suddenly something "harsh" and "difficult" about her because she is not soft and passive and without her own ideas or beliefs.

I admire how hard she works. She works as hard as the rest of the Spanish royal family - a hard feat and a great challenge to have risen to considering how hard working the Spanish royals are. I believe though that she is someone who wouldn't like to rest on her laurels, someone who would be happy to have an engagement only once or twice a week then to rest for a week before taking on two more engagements. I believe that she thrives on working hard and in representing Spain well and making serious contributions to her country. Not just in an artificial way because of how she dresses or how glamorous she is or how many magazine covers or international best dressed list she makes, but in a way that brings recognition to Spain and shows how cultured and intelligent and compassionate it is.

I also like how she approaches her role as Princess of Asturias with professionalism but also great compassion and warmth. When greeting heads of state she is dressed smartly, minds her p's and q's and is able to converse with them intelligently about matters that affect their country, about a relationship between Spain and their country, history and culture, among other subjects. And when she is around children, she bends down to greet them, to hug them or to shake their hands. She talks to them and laughs with them. Right after the March 11 attacks, before she was officially the Princess of Asturias, and in subsequent situations involving the death of Spanish victims or soldiers or the like, Letizia has always expressed tremendous compassion to the family members and survivors.

Lately I admire a lot how she carries on with great dignity her royal duties even with all the rumours surrounding her. There have always been rumours but it seems that the rumours have gotten worst and more hurtful since her pregnancy. It might be that she has a good brave face when out in public and she cries about it in private (somehow I do not think of Letizia crying over something trivial such as the gossipers), or it might be that she is strong enough to rise about it all and not give it too much thought, but I don't think I would be able to carry on as bravely and as stoically as she does if I read or heard all these terrible things about me, my marriage, my family.

I really think she is beautiful and that thanks to her the Spanish Royal family has become more popular and perhaps more accepted as now one of the commoners is part of the royal family. I understand, and please correct me if I am wrong, the spanish royals are heavily scrutinized in Spain. She seems to be a right fit for the prince. I don't think that anyone would say no to a prince, whatever job you had and whether you were at the top of your career. What could be more prestigious than being a crown princess? Being the next queen? I think that she is no exception. I'm sure she works hard, but a lot of us work harder. Regarding the fact that people talk about her and her private life, that is exactly what she knew she was getting into. She is getting used to it, and I am sure she must be affected like any of us would. I admire the love for her parents, grandparents, sisters, her family in general. She seems very commited to her family.

I like her for all the reasons cited: the fact that she's multilingual and had a challenging career, and that she seems casual and effortlessly poised. Also, she doesn't seem to be posing for a lot of photo shoots and granting lots of interviews, and I think it's more dignified - more royal - when people in her position don't. But, then, I haven't really been researching her too much and I don't intend to.

In the case of Mary of Denmark, I made the mistake of searching out and reading a lot of her press and interviews, and don't have the greatest impression of her as a result. I want to like every royal. At first I thought Mette-Marit was diminishing the luster of the Norwegian royals, just like my first thought was that getting a TV personality in their midst was going to diminish that of the Spanish royals. But both Mette-Marit and Letizia seem to do their jobs decently and to look pretty and poised while doing it, and so I like them. Letizia I quickly came to respect on the basis of her career accomplishments; Mette-Marit took a little longer for me to warm to, but now I think she's great.

So as long as Letizia stays away from the Vogue photo shoots, I'll continue to think she's great too, largely because I want to;).

Roxsteve said:
I don't think that anyone would say no to a prince, whatever job you had and whether you were at the top of your career. What could be more prestigious than being a crown princess?
I don't think that's a very accurate statement, Roxsteve. Spain is not like Denmark or Sweden or any other country whose monarchy is very consolidated and popular. There's plenty of Spanish women, who would never give up of their lives to become part of the Royal family... especially when you have such a promising and successful career as Letizia Ortiz had... But well, I agree on one thing: who could say no to this particular prince charming? ;)

Brian_Ahern said:
Also, she doesn't seem to be posing for a lot of photo shoots and granting lots of interviews, and I think it's more dignified - more royal - when people in her position don't. But, then, I haven't really been researching her too much and I don't intend to. [...] So as long as Letizia stays away from the Vogue photo shoots, I'll continue to think she's great too
I completely agree with you on that part. There's nothing worse than a princess acting as a celebrity. And, by the way, since the engagement, she has never given an interview, nor participated in a photo shoot... and, after following her steps for a year and a half, I must say I don't think she will ever pose as model to Vogue... thank God!

i would have to agree with roxsteve and brian_ahern, i don't think she would have refrained from being a princess... :) after all, letizia's promising carrer didn't have the privileges she now has. however, as brian said, i think she is doing well not giving interviews and what's more she is not doing photoshots for magazines as vogue or making her role as princess be practically 50% dedicated to fashion shows. she does well supporting the spanish fashion "practising what she preaches" as i said in other thread and not attending spanish fashion shows and then wearing prada :) which is definetely the best option.

norwegianne said:
What I admire about Letizia...? Not much. That's mostly because she's featured very little in the news here and I don't know very much about her.

What I do know, and admire about her, is that she changed a career where she, as far as I understand, was fairly successful and in charge of her own life, to a life in the very traditional Spanish court. She, unlike most of the other Crown Princesses, was accustomed to somewhat living in the public eye before she married into the royal family, and she knew the language. But that doesn't mean that the transition was easier for her, I suppose, and I think, judging from pictures I've seen, that she's adapting fairly well.

I think that the thing I admire most about Letizia is also the thing I admire about Mathilde, Maxima, Mette-Marit, Sonja, Silvia, Mary, Henrik, and the other commoners who have married into the royal families over the years. That they have the guts and love to go for it, and live the rest of their lives under public scrutiny. They know it can't be easy, despite some of the privileges that come with the part, and yet they dare believe enough in their love to alter their lives completely. Now, that? I admire.

Mathilde wasn't a commoner, she was born in a noble family, daughter of a polish countess and grand-daughter of a polish princess.

carlota said:
i would have to agree with roxsteve and brian_ahern, i don't think she would have refrained from being a princess.

I just want to make one tiny correction: I didn't comment on whether or not any woman would automatically say yes to a prince. I stayed away from that one...:)

What I admire of Letizia ? Absolutely nothing... I don't really like her... I didn't want this marriage to happen... I think Felipe would have done better to marry someone of the aristocracy or noble... :( But that's just my point of view... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I admire Princess letizia, because she's still Her.She didn't change.There is no better picture than letizia taking her husband prince into her Grandmother Little Home in Asturias.She can have say we stay into a Hotel.But from the Beginnig she learn to felipe, that her Family is very, very important to her, and that no prince will change that.I love to see felipe lowering his head to enter that home.And stay there for days with letizia's grany's isn't that lovely? Yust that simple little thing show me what kind off person she is.An that's why y yust love her.

Last edited by a moderator:
What Bothers You About Letizia And Felipe

All this discussion about what bothers people about Fred and Mary got me wondering: "I wonder what bothers people about other royal couples...say for example Letizia and Felipe:confused:

Last edited:
Lil princess lost said:
All this discussion about what bothers people about Fred and Mary got me wondering: "I wonder what bothers people about the Prince and Princess of Austrius?":confused:

I second Crisinaki's answer :) .

And they are the Prince and Princess of Asturias;)

Toledo said:
I second Crisinaki's answer :) .

I third that:D ,they are rather a model to follow....

They are both heighly and well educated.

They both take their roles seriously and not only a kind of opportunity to make a name on medias....yet not by being everywhere only to be e or to make covers as it's done elsewhere;)

Letizia represents well her culture and country: she carries a true image of the spanish working woman and not a fake fabricated one for medias.

She built her career alone,and not by connections...

She promotes very well her country as she carries a knowlegable style,which is an elegant one without being too much and please using only spanish brands...

I can't say there is anything that bothers me about Felipe & Letizia...

Although, they aren't a couple I take a particular interest in as such, I still enjoy hearing about them and looking to see what they have been up to from time to time.

I'm not a fan of many of Letizia's outfits (a reflection of conservative Spanish ideals perhaps?), but there have been a few where I think she looked, without a doubt...stunning!

I find something quite romantic about the difference in height too...Letizia being so petite & Felipe quite tall. They look good together, I think.

I think they're a great match...but I think that all the Crown Princely couples are!

"MII"

This thread is kind of pointless don't you all think so?:rolleyes:

Ditto!!! Nothing bothers me about this wonderful, loving, dedicated and extremely hardworking royal couple.

They take their role seriously yet at the same time bringing warm, approachability, sincerity and at times even fun into their work. They seem happy to be with their people and their surroundings.

We should change the thread's name for: What do you like about Felipe and Letizia?:rolleyes: :D :D

I am not bothered by the couple either. I actually think there aren't to many things that can bother anyone, considering that they both are hardworking and seem to be very friendly & dedicated people.

Contrairy to other royals they are usually more involved in state-things, I guess (like now the investure of the portuguese president), while the younger royals of smaller countries more diversify to causes (PoO: Water-managment, Duke of Brabant:Economic missions etc). It probably has to do with the more prominent role Spain has in the world, especially in South-America.

Last edited:
After all what spain has done to latin america, at least in the latest century their approach has been more constructive and positive. It is good to see how the king, the queen and the prince are being very involved in latin america, not only participating to state events but helping in many other ways.

About the thread, i dont think it is important what bothers us about the princes (or any other royals), the important thing is that they are supported in their own countries and do the work their country is expecting them to do. As for Letizia and Felipe, they are one of the most busiest couples in the royal circle.

Last edited:
crisiñaki said:
This thread is kind of pointless don't you all think so?:rolleyes:

No..I don't think it pointless...if there can be threads such as this made for other royals, then Felipe & Letizia should not be imune to such criticisms, if and when they arise.

"MII"

Last edited:
Eliza said:
Ditto!!! Nothing bothers me about this wonderful, loving, dedicated and extremely hardworking royal couple.

They take their role seriously yet at the same time bringing warm, approachability, sincerity and at times even fun into their work. They seem happy to be with their people and their surroundings.

I agree totaly. Have you seen the numbers of speechs that Felipe has to prononce in roughly a month ! He has to prepare it ( writing or rewriting, learning, etc...) it's very astonishing !

I dont know about Felipe, but many state leaders and royals have their own staff that help them to elaborate their speechs.

I can't say anything bothers me about this couple, they're down to earth, are hardworking and seem to love each other a grear deal. Moreover they have beautiful little girl.

Ariel said:
I dont know about Felipe, but many state leaders and royals have their own staff that help them to elaborate their speechs.

Indeed Ariel :)

It would be most likely if not the case, that the Prince of Asturias does have someone who drafts his speeches for him. This of course isn't to say that he doesn't have a substantial input with what is written, I am sure he does and rightly so.

"MII"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom