Your Opinions About Felipe and Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that is true for Victoria, even if she didnt have all the activities the princes are having lately. I agree totally that she has lost weight, how much, just she knows, maybe after this vacation period she will be able to regain some and take things more easy.

I just want to add that for a skinny woman that looses some weight is more evident than for another woman with average weight or overweight.

crisiñaki said:
I agree with you Mathilde, Letizia is far too skinny now
[URL="http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/9561611crisinaki7222006125242AM.jpg"]http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/9561611crisinaki7222006125242AM.jpg[/URL]
source: Wireimage
do you honestly believe a healthy woman would have arms like hers? her bones look like they'll come out any time!:eek:

That is one of the pictures that shocked me the most. :eek: At first, she lost weight to fit into her new role. I would want to lose a few vanity pounds also. But now, it just seems to have perhaps gotten out of control. There is nothing healthy in the way she looks. I remember when I saw the Silver wedding celebrations official photo of all the princes and princesses together...Letizia just looked so small and fragile---where she once looked healthy and like she worked out. How can people be OK with this when she looks just terrible, IMO. I am in no way comparing Letizia and Mary as far as abilities go, but Mary also lost weight to fit into her new role. However, when one looks at pictures of mary she looks very healthy and not "boney." She looks quite athletic.

I'm just worried about Letizia...how long can one go... Honestly, I don't think it's her constitution, but if she says it is, what can I say since I don't know her personal life...??

Ariel said:
If she were sick, it does not mean she cant do anything, but if she were really sick and nobody does anything to help her, then she wont be able to do in the future what she is doing now. Hopefully it wont be this way and just a phase like we all have.

I didn't say she couldn't do anything if she were sick. But if you look at their schedules the last couple of months, if she were sick, she wouldn't have been able to fullfill all those duties. Some of them were not exactly easy physical wise, such as under 40C temperature, a whole day activities lasting more than 8 hours and etc.

crisiñaki said:
And about not being able to fullfill her duties, Victoria of Sweden always did her acts no matter how thin she was so I don't think that's a justification...

True. But Victoria (when she was sick) didn't have as busy schedule as Felipe and Letizia had the last couple of months.

True. But Victoria (when she was sick) didn't have as busy schedule as Felipe and Letizia had the last couple of months.

I don't understand how having a full schedule for "the last couple months" would interfere that extremely. When they go to activities, what do they do? Don't they do what the majority of us do? I mean, I go to school and work all day everyday, I don't have a break, yet I take care of myself and that doesn't mean I sacrifice my health. When the two do their activities, don't they go places and sit and walk a little bit. Granted, I know they had an activity recently where they were outside...but wasn't that just one day? I had "summer band"...in Texas...during the heat of the day 10AM to 4PM, where the temperature sometimes rose to 100F+ degrees...everday in the summer, and I was fine, I do not recall looking as sickly as Letizia. Furthermore, if this were really the cause of her extreme physical appearance, wouldn't Felipe be looking just like her? It's just that a lot of people counter with saying how busy they are...but some of us are just as busy, if not, more.

No rudeness intended.

Mathilde1286, you can check their activity threads. They almost had activities almost everyday, travelled a lot. She lost some weight that she didn't have much to begin with and didn't look as good as before, but it doesn't mean she is sick. She has been too active to be considered 'sick' in my opinion. Felipe also lost some weight (see the vacation thread) and probably lost more than Letizia, which actully looks good on him IMO because he had been a little bit overweight since Letizia's pregnancy.

Last edited:
Mathilde, I believe that you do not have the things very clear.

There is a thing that is called a constitutional thinness, which in case of Letizia is evident, only it is necessary to see images of her sisters, or of her aunt Henar. The persons who have it, have a natural trend to slim because they have fewer cells of fat. They are healthy persons, who feed well, but that have many difficulties to gain weight. To gain weight there need special, rich diets in proteins and the reduction of the physical activity, and nonetheless they gain weight very little by little.

A normal person who has a life with very much stress and many activity, is in the habit of losing weight ... for a normal person this loss of weight can make them marvellous. But for a person who is thin, this loss of weight makes them too thin, and to recover these kilos is very difficult for them.

You put examples of normal persons, or even of the persons with trend to put on weight .... in no case, these persons have not the same Letizia's metabolism.

I am going to put the example of the Spanish Royal Family. Do you know that the Spanish Royal Family is always to diet? The Borbones have a trend to put on weight, and have to look after very much not to put on weight. The aspect of the Infantas is derived from a strict physical care, they are below their weight, only it is necessary to see her images in the 80 ... and it seems to nobody to be rare, for many people they are marvellous ... but really they are below their weight.
This permanent diet of Zarzuela, has provoked curious anecdotes. The Infanta Cristina commented on a journalist that shehad to look after very much because but instead of "Infanta" she would be call it an " elefanta" (elephant). When Letizia was promised of the Prince and she installed in Zarzuela, the press was commenting that often was going to eat to mother's house (' food domestic and more consistent than that of Zarzuela).

And the best example. The Prince has slimmed enough, he had gained a few kilos and now he has lost them, something of diet and the intense activity they will have contributed. If the prince does not look after himself he can end tremendously. If in the Prince, who is a burly man, with facility to put on weight, the intense activity to contributed in order that he slims .... in his wife who is thin, and she loses weight with facility the loss of kilos is evident. Probably he has lost more kilos, but 5 kilos that make the Prince marvellous, they make Letizia very thin.

The Letizia's only options to put on weight would be a very studied diet and to reduce the activity and the stress ... first difficult but possible (they eat often out of house) ... the second totally impossible one. Since Donna has said, the agenda of the Princes in the last months has been exhausting, when one has such an intense activity the normal thing is that weight gets lost a little. If to it you join a life with many pressure and stress ... you have a time bomb ... that has made the prince marvellous, but that has made Letizia very thin (and it will be difficult to her to recover very much these kilos, because her metabolism gains grams very little by little, and because her life is going to continue being equal).

Finally it is good to rememberall the barbarities that were said and wrote in January, 2005 ... and as the May Leonor's arrival was annunced. The reality finishes always being imposed.;)

Last edited:
It seems to me very bad that are put to speculate that she is ill. A woman who is skinny if she loses weight is normal that she sees herself thus.

I am going to give to an example to them, I am very skinny and people say to me that if I am well? and soon a friend who is fatter, because she has a little anemia. And I am very well of health. So do not pay attention to which she is very skinny or no; because that not always has something to see with being or of health or no.

In addition thus it was when they speculated that she was ill of anorexy and as soon as step? since they announce pregnancy. And we cannot be comparing with Mary because she is not indeed skinny before, so if low weight is normal that it is not seen as skinny as Letizia that always has been skinny.

Chris, you're right. More In the pic she is carrying the "baby car" and please don't say she is ill just because she is thin on one pic ! Let her quiet ! How it must be exausting and frightening reading she is ill bacause of her thin, for her and her family...
She looks as she looks and she looks so marvellous with her little girl who is a pure marvellous baby !
Thanks for all the pics !
I hope we will have some pics of Letizia an Leonor joining Felipe on the port tonight...... I dream!!

I agree that she is very thin now, but IMO it isn't connected with any serious illness. Everyone here realised that she had recovered after the pregnancy very quickly, in fact during the holiday in Lanzarote she was as slim as usual and it was just 2 months after giving birth! It would be impossible to keep such a busy agenda, have a very big baby:D and be ill at the same time.

Anyway, look at these pics (from seegerpress, originally posted by Elsa M.):
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87315&d=1107257759
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87285&d=1107254604
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87283&d=1107254579

Look at her arms, shoulders and ruck! When I first saw these pics (they were taken on January 31st), I was really frightened, she was extremely thin. Almost all Spanish magazines, tabloids and serious newspapers as "El mundo" alike were writing that she has anorexia and casa real had to publish special statement. Two or three weeks later she was pregnant.

Its funny to see how this thread is developing much in the same way as the Fred and Mary thread...:)
Two things:
In both threads theres a disturbing trend. If one likes the CPrincess in question, then all arguements are fair and dont get contradicted. If a person doesnt care for the CPrincess in question, which is fair enough, they practically have to substantiate their claim with court documents and at least 3 meetings with the CP..better yet, a personal relationship with her. Bit of a double standard...Good heavens,
And secondly, Letizia is very thin..wether its biological or whatever, its fair enough to say, that she might look better if she gained weight? Without it being a critisism? Iam a Mary-girl myself(iam a Dane...:) ) And i'd love it if Mary packed on some pounds..she has no ckeeks;) But love her anyway...
So, all respect to Letizia for doing her job her way. I really have nothing against her...just not my cup of tea. Luckily there are enough Crown Princesses to go around. We can all have a favourite...arent we lucky:D !!!

What's your opinion about Felipe & Letizia?

Well, if it could be rephrased to
What's your opinion lately about Felipe & Letizia?

my answer would be they are both doing fine and I hope they are considering to have a new baby for 2007-2008. It may sound too early but they are both in their late 30's so it is less stressful to procreate now than later. One of my friends had her son when she was 45, when he was five she used to tell me it was hard for her and her husband (older than her) to catch up with such an active baby.

I like them both,I thinkthat The princess is fitting into her role as a Royal and a mother very well.

Toledo said:
What's your opinion about Felipe & Letizia?

It may sound too early but they are both in their late 30's so it is less stressful to procreate now than later.

Letizia is only 33, hardly "late 30's".

crisiñaki said:
I agree with you Mathilde, Letizia is far too skinny now
http://s2.supload.com/free/9561611crisinaki7222006125242AM.jpg/view/
source: Wireimage
do you honestly believe a healthy woman would have arms like hers? her bones look like they'll come out any time!:eek:

If you choose that picture:( yes she seems to be starving... but if you choose a picture from the second day, with different light and in a different gesture all you can see is a skinny arm

She doen't seem to have fat in her ams... And if you pay attention even in Royalty there are several women with the same bone structure, the Bulgarian Princesses for example.

I honestly believe that Letizia is a healthy woman... I don't want to imagine that she isn't and The Kings and her husband force her to go on making all this travels under intense schedule and heat.

One thing I was surprised with her unfortunate skirt incident, she has the legs much more fuller than I would imagine...

But I do agree, she is a very thin person and it would suit her very well to put on extra pounds!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Last edited by a moderator:
highpriestess said:

Correct, 33 is not in the late 30's but it's best not to delay child-bearing after a woman turns 30 if she wants more kids. I know it's possible to have children 35+ but it does get progressively harder and the risk-factor increases. I believe that Letizia and Felipe will have another child next year but maybe that's just wishful thinking. :p

About Letizia's weight, I think that Felipe is an attentive enough husband to make sure that Letizia takes care of herself. However, for having a baby less than a year ago, Letizia has lost the weight awfully fast. She did gain a considerable amount during her pregnancy like any other woman. I know she had a full schedule these past couple months but the rate she lost her pregnancy weight and more was nonetheless uncommonly fast. She is skinnier now than she was pre-baby which is saying something IMO because she was already pretty skinny to begin with.

Last edited:
Ctejnoe said:
Its funny to see how this thread is developing much in the same way as the Fred and Mary thread...:)
Two things:
In both threads theres a disturbing trend. If one likes the CPrincess in question, then all arguements are fair and dont get contradicted. If a person doesnt care for the CPrincess in question, which is fair enough, they practically have to substantiate their claim with court documents and at least 3 meetings with the CP..better yet, a personal relationship with her. Bit of a double standard...Good heavens,
And secondly, Letizia is very thin..wether its biological or whatever, its fair enough to say, that she might look better if she gained weight? Without it being a critisism? Iam a Mary-girl myself(iam a Dane...:) ) And i'd love it if Mary packed on some pounds..she has no ckeeks;) But love her anyway...
So, all respect to Letizia for doing her job her way. I really have nothing against her...just not my cup of tea. Luckily there are enough Crown Princesses to go around. We can all have a favourite...arent we lucky:D !!!

Couldn't have expressed it better myself if I tried.

My opinion of Letizia is that she is doing a satisfactory job. Her weight is a bit disturbing but lets not comment on that until we know the reason for it.

highpriestess said:

Sorry ladies, and Letizia, I stand corrected. :eek:
She still has a lot of mileage in her ;)

They are both doing a great job.

Wonderful pictures indeed, thanks everyone!

If I ever doubted Letizia's motives for being with Felipe (and I did--her getting hitched to F., in the very beginning, came across to me as a cleverly calculated move by a steely ambitious woman), I don't any longer: what chemistry between these two! The way they interact, also in the pictures of the dinner, these two seem almost myopic in their obsession with each other.

have to say her interaction, in that little video, with Juan Carlos seems really hesitant for some reason. Is the guy that intimidating in real life? I could imagine he might be, even for his daughter in law. That or the king and L. just don't match for some reason. Letizia and Sophia on the other hand seem like two peas in a pod. Ah, family...always a complex web of connections, isn't it! At least we now know that Letizia is totally in love with Felipe. That or she is one terrific actress.

Re Letizia and Felipe -- Letizia was a well-educated woman, very successful in her career at a very young age. She gave up that career and her private life to spend THE REST OF HER LIFE living in a fishbowl with the press and public always commenting, sometimes critically, on her every word, gesture and piece of clothing. to me it looked like she was trading freedom for a gilded cage. Why would she do that if she were not in love with Felipe?

I think, going by the pictures, that they are in love -- there was especially one of them at the wedding banquet, almost clinging to each other, and their whole bearing and looks said, thank God we found each other.

I sure do hope they ARE in love, otherwise Letizia might find out firsthand what the Crown Princess of Japan has been going through.

From all the stories that came out, Felipe was the one who chased after Letizia instead of the other way around. He was the one who called her when she's working in Iraq for example. Where and when did Letizia "hitch on to Felipe"? Considering Letizia was the one who sacrificed her childhood dream of a career in journalism and a highly successful career to get into a fishbowl existence where her past divorce had to go through public scrutiny, it's hard to see why she would be the one who hitched on to Felipe. Actually, wasn't there a story that said Felipe secretly proposed in August and Letizia went away on a solo vacation to think it over whether she wanted to accept his proposal? Marrying a prince may be the dream for a lot of women, but not for someone who has to give up as much as Letizia did.

highpriestess said:
Actually, wasn't there a story that said Felipe secretly proposed in August and Letizia went away on a solo vacation to think it over whether she wanted to accept his proposal?

I read she came to America (Costa Rica i think).

Last edited:
Ctejnoe said:
...In both threads theres a disturbing trend. If one likes the CPrincess in question, then all arguements are fair and dont get contradicted. If a person doesnt care for the CPrincess in question, which is fair enough, they practically have to substantiate their claim with court documents and at least 3 meetings with the CP..better yet, a personal relationship with her. Bit of a double standard...Good heavens,
What a nice post - it is very difficult to do as you have pointed out.
I agree about the weight - Letizia is thin but so are all her family- some of us might consider it good genes as they don't seemingly have to spend hours at the gym and careful eating like a lot of us- treats hardly available.:sad:
The one god thing about Letizia is that appearance wise she has not changed and her introduction to life as a royal, though some find it controversial because she is not on her own, has been very complex; no ribbon cutting but lots of meetings with heads of states etc. I imagine with her journalist background she would have been comfortable in that roll. Maybe it is time to move on a little but Felipe now gets more attention because he takes his wife with him. Support for him in Spain is critical and if this is what the royal family think is the best venture for the Spanish Monarchy then good luck to them both.

This is my opinion and is not based on any personal information- only looking at photographs, Letizia's CV/resume and the facts concerning the history of the Spanish Monarchy.

Last edited:
My opinion of Letizia has changed. At first I didn't warm to her (unfair I know since I've never met her)! She seemed distant and serious. Now however I really like her. I admire her for standing next to Felipe day after day. I really hope we can see her carrying out some duties alone though. Afterall she was a very independant woman before she married and it must be difficult for her not being able to do her own thing, so to speak. I think that Felipe and Letizia are doing wonders for Spain!

Don't you find Letizia's behaviour a bit annoying? - all this kisses, hugs, making faces. I think she tries to show the world how great mother she is. I want to make it clear - I belive she is a wonderful mum for Leonor, but she should calm down.

I'm not able to understand one thing. Felipe and Letizia have been married for more two years. She used to be a very succesful journalist, smart, self-confident, open and talkative. Now she seems to be a different person. In public she is nervous, tense, hiding behind her husband. What is the reason of this change?

Anna Nowak said:
Don't you find Letizia's behaviour a bit annoying? - all this kisses, hugs, making faces. I think she tries to show the world how great mother she is. I want to make it clear - I belive she is a wonderful mum for Leonor, but she should calm down.
Letizia is a very affective woman, though to some it likes to think and to say the opposite, her much likes to touch, kiss, to do caresses ... she likes to speak with the children ... if you see photos with her nephews always she is speaking to them, doing caresses to them...Always she does many gestures:wub:

I have seen the images in television, it is a shame, but of the end of the put one there are few photos, when each one was for his side. The adults were greeting to the press and the children were all playing.:ROFLMAO:

There have been seen images of Miguel and Pablo running, of boring Froilám, of Victoria playing with her mother, of the Queen with Irene, of the King with Leonor ... very enterteining and relaxed all.

For the first time, Leonor lost a bit the calmness; she was with her father, and something happened to her that she protested and her mother went to the rescue. She calmed down very rapidly.

The photo was on the verge of having to move to another place, because yesterday in Majorca there were storms.

Because she would have to calm? She simply is pending of the girl, and saying things to her and caressing it so that the girl is well and she not scares. If is the opposite would say that she does not love her daughter and that she would have to be pending of her.

Always must criticize something on the behavior and mainly to think badly; because to think that she wants to demonstrate to the world something? because they do not think that simply she is affectionate with her girl.

All the people and mainly the mothers are different and I do not believe that is due to analyze their forms to treat their children. In addition as says lula; Letizia is affectionate and I do not see bad.

To then it seems me that I am seeing other photos because I see her far better now; she is safer like princess and mainly very happy with her husband and that small girl, who is so cute.

I´m shocked how more and more annorexic Letizia looks. Her face looks like that of an old woman, her eyes are deeper and deeper into her eye socket, her cheekbone is visible more and more.

We have loanes of pics of Elena and Cristina kissing and caressing their kids when they were babies, so what's wrong about it? Queen Sofia is in that matter very similar to Letizia, she just can't stop hugging and kissing every grandchild who is next to her, just look at the pictures from the ditches, she was playing with and hugging Leo more than Letizia. The Princes are clearly absolutely crazy about their first daughter and they can't help themselves touching and kissing her, but it's pretty normal, isn't it? When they have more kids their family will surely look more like those of the Infantas.
If it was a more official activity/celebration, kissing and speaking all the time only to Leo could be a bit out of place, but it was only summer photosession in very relaxed and natural atmosphere, so I don't regard Letizia's behaviour as showing off to public how great mother she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom