Felipe & Letizia With Their Nieces and Nephews

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Answering some previous questions, the girl's name is Carla Vigo Ortiz, her parents weren't married and Antonio went to live with his parents in the area of Aluche, Madrid, when he separated from Erika. Some of Antonio's works as a sculptor can be seen here. Carla goes to a billingual private school and is in first grade of primary education.

I think that Letizia & Felipe a good aunt & uncle and I believe that they do what is right as far as Carla is concerned. I would like to think that Vigo knows that Carla is close to her maternal family and he would respect that part of her life and upbringing. That's all anyone can really hope for at this point, is the well being of Carla.

donnaK said:
Antonio Vigo is already back in Spain. I heard he teaches in an art school, correct me if I'm wrong.
Regardless, Carla's maternal side family will see her less in the future and her paternal family will get more involved in her daily life. I think it will be especially hard on Paloma, who used to see Carla almost everyday.

I agree. I speak from experience on this issue. My father passed away when I was very little. While I was growing up my paternal grandparents were so worrried they would not only lose their son forever but also slowly lose contact with me. They moved within a mile of my mother's home and were so extremely involved. As a matter of fact when I was a young teen I really didn't like how involved they were. But I'm older now and I'm so thankful I had that bond with them. While I was growing up my paternal grandparents made sure my mom and I were included at holidays and made sure I got to know my aunts, uncles, and cousins. I have noticed in recent years that things have changed, my grandfather is gone now and I think he was really the glue that held us all together now without him we've all kind of gone our separate ways. Sadly!

I think it really depends on the effort of the Ortiz family and Antonio. I'm so glad I was so close with my father's relatives for my childhood. Whereas in recent years I have gone more with my mother's side of the family. Not that I don't have contact with my father's relatives it's just very different now. I think the fact that I'm older now is really weird for many of my father's relatives. Before it was like to see me they had to go thru my mom and invite her to things. Now they just call and I'll come on my own. However, my mom gets hurt feelings when I spend too much time with them. So I have a lot of pressure to not anger my mom by spending time with them. I still haven't figured out how to balance seeing and being around my mom and then also keeping in contact with my father's family.

So only time will tell what the willingness is like to keep the bonds close between all parties in this situation. Hopefully, Carla will never lose contact with her mother's side because she's going to need to hear about her mom. She's especially going to want to listen to stories of her mom when she gets older and starts to get out on her own.

adelaide said:
Donnak, when I'm watching at your avatar, I'm totally fascinating by the pur innocence of the Leonor' look! I would to say her how is precious this innocent look on the life, and making a wishe that she is keeping this look as long as it's possible.

Why do you think so obviously that Carla are going to be more ofteb with her father. Yes it's the legal and logical way but in this case - and generally speaking- it's possible for grand fathers to ask in justice the care of their little son. May be it will be better that this so little and charming girl have the strech link with her two families maternalk and paternal!

Thanks. Leonor looked so innocent and full of curiosity in the avatar.
I'm quite certain that Antonio will have the custody of Carla after Erika died. From now on, Carla will live with her father. The Ortiz-Rocasolano will get to see her, but not as often as it was when Erika was alive. Before, Carla was pretty much an Ortiz-Rocasolano girl. The family lived at the house of Paloma before moving into Letizia's flat. When Antonio went to Uruguay (or Paraguay), Carla was with her mother, after the parents separated, Carla was with her mother too. Paloma was seen picking Carla up from school almost everyday, likely fed her dinner too. Now this will change if she lives with her father. I can see Antonio's mother gets more involved now. Maybe she never had a chance when Erika was alive IMO. If that was the case, I don't blame a tiny bit of Erika here, who would not have prefered one's own mother if given a choice ? I know I would.

Last edited:
I think that its best that she stays with her father but hopefully her aunts and others are involved with her life through weekly visits and phonecalls or whatever so she doesn't lose her mother's side of the family.

Carla looks excedingly cute in her XVIII Century dress...:flowers:

Vanesa.

Yes! Carla looks so cute.. all the kids were pretty with their comical suits!

Which of their nieces and nephews were in the wedding?

acdc1 said:
Which of their nieces and nephews were in the wedding?

All of both part.

1. One for Letizia with the too kind little Carl:wub:
2. Five for Felipe with Froilan and Victoria Frederica, Infanta Elena's Elena children:wub: ; Juan Valentin, Pablo Nicolas, Miguel, Infanta Cristina's children;:wub:

The last one page, the eldest, was a grand child of the Infant Carlos:wub:

about carla my opinion is that Vigo need Paloma and Letizia
Carla is small but rather large for to be made hear if it were accustomed to often see Paloma or Letizia It will claim her father
he should not be forgotten that Vigo lived at Paloma during more than 1 year more Carla is in a very large school....
Letizia is very accustomed to her niece and considering her position Vigo knows that it will not have evil to claim the right to see her niece for all that and I think that Vigo is somebody of good I think that Carla will grow surrounded of her 2 families

Thanks! Their costumes were very good!

Los nueve meses de gestación de Leonor - 20minutos.es

I translated this from Spanish to English with a free translator (which I don't trust... maybe a Spanish-speaking member could confirm if it's right?) and I think it said that Letizia and this other lady (Laura Ponte?) were fondly looking at Letizia's niece Irene Urdangarin at her baptism. It was a few months before Leonor's birth. I thought it was really sweet, because we don't see that many with Letizia and Irene together.

I saw a picture of Letizia talking to Elena or Cristina, I can't remember which, and Victoria was holding her hand. I can't remember where I saw it, but it was in Easter 2006. It was a sweet picture.

That's a really sweet picture! Letizia and Felipe are great aunt and uncle.

A question to our Spanish members, I have often wondered and wanted to ask but don't want to seem daft :ohmy: but, what is the English equivalent of the name Froilan.
Pedro-Peter, Felipe-Phillip etc etc, is there an English equivalent??
Thanks in advance.:flowers:

A question to our Spanish members, I have often wondered and wanted to ask but don't want to seem daft :ohmy: but, what is the English equivalent of the name Froilan.
I understand Froilán actually comes from the German (Froylan). I don't know if there's also an English version of it, but its popularity in Spain is due to St. Froilán - a Benedictine monk, who is the patron of Lugo (thus the choice of Froilán for the son of the Duchess of Lugo).;)

From Getty Images, Letizia holding hands with Victoria Frederica and Leonor, while Queen Sofia grabs Leo's other hand. Letizia and Victoria seem to be really close, a few years ago on the boat, Victoria couldn't stop cuddling up with her aunt.

TinyPic - Share The Experience!™

From Getty Images, Letizia holding hands with Victoria Frederica and Leonor, while Queen Sofia grabs Leo's other hand. Letizia and Victoria seem to be really close, a few years ago on the boat, Victoria couldn't stop cuddling up with her aunt.

TinyPic - Share The Experience!™

Yes, Victoria always has liked to be near her aunt. The Princess had already a niece, and probably it turned out to her easy to connect with the girl. In addition, Victoria is goddaughter of the prince and it is probable that she sees often her uncle and aunt when she is goes to visit her grandparents.

http://new2.isifa.com/photo/preview/12533288.jpg
http://new2.isifa.com/photo/preview/12002019.jpg
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/511...35F8FA9CA92A64D12627AE2EDDBE3C7631F868A8C7D54
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/51111786.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=AE5E3E7DB8E31417F0FB247376936076
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00164593.jpg

I loved the one with Victoria and Froilán. They seems to be close to their aunt, even if sometimes the yellow press affirms otherwise.

Vanesa.

I loved the one with Victoria and Froilán. They seems to be close to their aunt, even if sometimes the yellow press affirms otherwise.

Vanesa.

OMG, so it is possible that the yellow press can get things wrong! :D

Vanesa.

May be it's better to be confident with some pics than to beleive the yellow press, isen't it?:flowers:

I think that Felipe and Letizia you could tell that they were going to be great parents someday, with how good they were towards their neices and nephews. Even with two small children, you still see them interacting with the older children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom