The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Aristocracy

For me the best is that the girl lives with his father wit all the love of his aunts and the rest of the two families.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder if Carla will still spend time with Letizia and Christina's boys in the summer at Palma del Mallorca

Old 02-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
I wonder if Carla will still spend time with Letizia and Christina's boys in the summer at Palma del Mallorca
She had already spend some time playing with Urdangarin boys in Palma during holidays 2005.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Royal Highness

yes i know im just wondering if they will still do it now she lives with her father
Old 02-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Antonio Vigo is already back in Spain. I heard he teaches in an art school, correct me if I'm wrong.
Regardless, Carla's maternal side family will see her less in the future and her paternal family will get more involved in her daily life. I think it will be especially hard on Paloma, who used to see Carla almost everyday.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Donnak, when I'm watching at your avatar, I'm totally fascinating by the pur innocence of the Leonor' look! I would to say her how is precious this innocent look on the life, and making a wishe that she is keeping this look as long as it's possible.

Why do you think so obviously that Carla are going to be more ofteb with her father. Yes it's the legal and logical way but in this case - and generally speaking- it's possible for grand fathers to ask in justice the care of their little son. May be it will be better that this so little and charming girl have the strech link with her two families maternalk and paternal!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Courtier

Unmarried parents and the law

Two questions:
1. Were Erika and Vigo now married or not?
2. What is Carlaīs last name?
In Germany if unmarried parents get children a) the child automatically receives itīs mothers last name and b) the custody is only by the mother.
So if Vigo and Erika werenīt married I wonder whether itīs possible for him to have the custody immediately and take the girl along.
Letīs face it: Single fathers in contrast to single mothers will automatically have some help from female family members whereas single mothers are much more expected to control the situation by themselves. Vigo will have to work all day and Carla? Do children of that young age in Spain already visit all-day school? Im mean itīs Mrs. Rocasolanoīs granddaughter from her late (moreover tragic circumstances) daughter.I simply canīt imagine that f.i. Mrs. Rocasolano sen. (specially in that tragic case and the girl possibly with the last name Ortiz-Rocasolano) watches the father taking the girl into his own family, later might marry another woman and thatīs it. It would in a way brake my heart!
Maybe to Erika it was more than she could handle being now a single mother. And maybe (as it as a pity is in most of such cases) Vigo went along with his life after the separation and didnīt expect a tiny bit to so suddenly have lifelong responsibility for his daughter.... (Letīs face it: Lots of separated and divorced fathers become quite far used to the fact that they wonīt see her children no longer every day and some of them are not too sad about that..) So it might not be a good start for the little girl if her father only cares about her because of the tragic circumstances.
I feel there must be some better solution for Carla....
These are only my personal thoughts (I imagine what I would do and feel if I were Mrs. Rocasolano sen. or Letizia) for sure it might end up all wonderful for Carla and of course I donīt know Mr. Vigo. Hopefully all persons decide respectfully and with self-critisism about the situation....
Old 02-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Two questions:
1. Were Erika and Vigo now married or not?
2. What is Carlaīs last name?
In Germany if unmarried parents get children a) the child automatically receives itīs mothers last name and b) the custody is only by the mother.
So if Vigo and Erika werenīt married I wonder whether itīs possible for him to have the custody immediately and take the girl along.
Letīs face it: Single fathers in contrast to single mothers will automatically have some help from female family members whereas single mothers are much more expected to control the situation by themselves. Vigo will have to work all day and Carla? Do children of that young age in Spain already visit all-day school? Im mean itīs Mrs. Rocasolanoīs granddaughter from her late (moreover tragic circumstances) daughter.I simply canīt imagine that f.i. Mrs. Rocasolano sen. (specially in that tragic case and the girl possibly with the last name Ortiz-Rocasolano) watches the father taking the girl into his own family, later might marry another woman and thatīs it. It would in a way brake my heart!
Maybe to Erika it was more than she could handle being now a single mother. And maybe (as it as a pity is in most of such cases) Vigo went along with his life after the separation and didnīt expect a tiny bit to so suddenly have lifelong responsibility for his daughter.... (Letīs face it: Lots of separated and divorced fathers become quite far used to the fact that they wonīt see her children no longer every day and some of them are not too sad about that..) So it might not be a good start for the little girl if her father only cares about her because of the tragic circumstances.
I feel there must be some better solution for Carla....
These are only my personal thoughts (I imagine what I would do and feel if I were Mrs. Rocasolano sen. or Letizia) for sure it might end up all wonderful for Carla and of course I donīt know Mr. Vigo. Hopefully all persons decide respectfully and with self-critisism about the situation....
I don't know the law in Spain, but with regards to the little girl, all egoism should be put aside and the best decision for her future sould be taken. Even if that means that other family members might see her less then usual. Who says that it would be a bad thing if her father remarries, has other children and she will grow up within a stable family environment rather then overshadowed by the death of her mother and the grief of her grandparents. Growing up with her father does not necessarily mean seperation from her maternal family. And I should doubt that the father would not want to have his daughter stay in good and close contact with that part of the family. I think in time all concerned will get together and look for what is best for the little girl, but at present she is probably best with her dads family who is certainly less struck (though not untouced) by grief then her maternal grandparents and aunts. They might be more open to her needs after her loss then the others. JMO
Old 02-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Nobility

I don't see any reason carla shouldn't be involved with her mothers family. She mayhave to travel for summer events but that can be arranaged. I don't think she will lose any of her family ties she is and always should be apart of their family.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

i read carla has a really close relationship with letizia, so i guess they will always be in touch, even if she lives with her father. after all, she would need a female model to follow, so i'm certain she will be close to either her grandmothers or aunts...

i read how letizia took carla for a couple of days out in the movies or at the circus (i think it was) with felipe's nephews and the infantas, so i'm sure she will keep on doing it, specially now. it's a bitof personal opinion in here that may or may not happen, but considering letizia is the only close female relative, she may also spend time in the prince's palace, if she does not already do so.

where does antonio live at the moment? i think they all live in madrid, don't they?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Gentry

Answering some previous questions, the girl's name is Carla Vigo Ortiz, her parents weren't married and Antonio went to live with his parents in the area of Aluche, Madrid, when he separated from Erika. Some of Antonio's works as a sculptor can be seen here. Carla goes to a billingual private school and is in first grade of primary education.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Royal Highness

I think that Letizia & Felipe a good aunt & uncle and I believe that they do what is right as far as Carla is concerned. I would like to think that Vigo knows that Carla is close to her maternal family and he would respect that part of her life and upbringing. That's all anyone can really hope for at this point, is the well being of Carla.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
Antonio Vigo is already back in Spain. I heard he teaches in an art school, correct me if I'm wrong.
Regardless, Carla's maternal side family will see her less in the future and her paternal family will get more involved in her daily life. I think it will be especially hard on Paloma, who used to see Carla almost everyday.
I agree. I speak from experience on this issue. My father passed away when I was very little. While I was growing up my paternal grandparents were so worrried they would not only lose their son forever but also slowly lose contact with me. They moved within a mile of my mother's home and were so extremely involved. As a matter of fact when I was a young teen I really didn't like how involved they were. But I'm older now and I'm so thankful I had that bond with them. While I was growing up my paternal grandparents made sure my mom and I were included at holidays and made sure I got to know my aunts, uncles, and cousins. I have noticed in recent years that things have changed, my grandfather is gone now and I think he was really the glue that held us all together now without him we've all kind of gone our separate ways. Sadly!

I think it really depends on the effort of the Ortiz family and Antonio. I'm so glad I was so close with my father's relatives for my childhood. Whereas in recent years I have gone more with my mother's side of the family. Not that I don't have contact with my father's relatives it's just very different now. I think the fact that I'm older now is really weird for many of my father's relatives. Before it was like to see me they had to go thru my mom and invite her to things. Now they just call and I'll come on my own. However, my mom gets hurt feelings when I spend too much time with them. So I have a lot of pressure to not anger my mom by spending time with them. I still haven't figured out how to balance seeing and being around my mom and then also keeping in contact with my father's family.

So only time will tell what the willingness is like to keep the bonds close between all parties in this situation. Hopefully, Carla will never lose contact with her mother's side because she's going to need to hear about her mom. She's especially going to want to listen to stories of her mom when she gets older and starts to get out on her own.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
Donnak, when I'm watching at your avatar, I'm totally fascinating by the pur innocence of the Leonor' look! I would to say her how is precious this innocent look on the life, and making a wishe that she is keeping this look as long as it's possible.

Why do you think so obviously that Carla are going to be more ofteb with her father. Yes it's the legal and logical way but in this case - and generally speaking- it's possible for grand fathers to ask in justice the care of their little son. May be it will be better that this so little and charming girl have the strech link with her two families maternalk and paternal!
Thanks. Leonor looked so innocent and full of curiosity in the avatar.
I'm quite certain that Antonio will have the custody of Carla after Erika died. From now on, Carla will live with her father. The Ortiz-Rocasolano will get to see her, but not as often as it was when Erika was alive. Before, Carla was pretty much an Ortiz-Rocasolano girl. The family lived at the house of Paloma before moving into Letizia's flat. When Antonio went to Uruguay (or Paraguay), Carla was with her mother, after the parents separated, Carla was with her mother too. Paloma was seen picking Carla up from school almost everyday, likely fed her dinner too. Now this will change if she lives with her father. I can see Antonio's mother gets more involved now. Maybe she never had a chance when Erika was alive IMO. If that was the case, I don't blame a tiny bit of Erika here, who would not have prefered one's own mother if given a choice ? I know I would.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Commoner

I think that its best that she stays with her father but hopefully her aunts and others are involved with her life through weekly visits and phonecalls or whatever so she doesn't lose her mother's side of the family.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Courtier

I Love Sooo Much This Photo! Is So Cute!! Letii Is A "Super aunt"

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5...ictoriaja9.png
Old 05-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Carla looks excedingly cute in her XVIII Century dress...

Vanesa.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Courtier

Yes! Carla looks so cute.. all the kids were pretty with their comical suits!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Royal Highness

Which of their nieces and nephews were in the wedding?
Old 05-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1
Which of their nieces and nephews were in the wedding?
All of both part.

1. One for Letizia with the too kind little Carl
2. Five for Felipe with Froilan and Victoria Frederica, Infanta Elena's Elena children ; Juan Valentin, Pablo Nicolas, Miguel, Infanta Cristina's children;

The last one page, the eldest, was a grand child of the Infant Carlos