Felipe & Letizia With Their Nieces and Nephews

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wimaamal said:
It looks like since they have Leonor they are very much less interrested in their little nieces and nephews...:sad:
That happens very often...unfortunately...:neutral:

As a mother and an aunt myself, i can tell you, you dont loose interest in other things, like relating to other family members, but if you have a small child like Leonor, she requires most of the attention you can give at a certain moment, unless someone is helping you or she is sleeping. That is not the case while they are posing for these pictures.

Who is to say that they have less interest in their nieces and nephews...because we see more pictures of them with Leonor? Perhaps its because the press is more interseted in taking pics of them with Leonor then with their neices and nephews. And let's face it...Leonor is a newborn...so its not like she can take care of herself :)

Little Carla is going to need her aunt Letizia and Uncle Felipe more than ever now.:sad:

crm2317 said:
Little Carla is going to need her aunt Letizia and Uncle Felipe more than ever now.:sad:
Yes, and all family too.

Btw. not on the thread's subject but who is Carla's godmother - Letizia?

Im sure the Princes will always be there for little Carla.

Now with regard to Carla, the decisions belong to Antonio Vigo. It seems that in spite of the separation, he has supported good relation with the family, and for the good of Carla it must continue being like that.

Since this girl was born the Ortiz Rocasolano,taken care of her. The grandmother Menchu, the deceased sister of Jesus, Cristina, Henar y Paloma offered to them their support, their house, helped them economically, Letizia yielded her house to them when she married.

I imagine that it will be hard for Paloma, she saw her granddaughter almost every day, and often was the one who was taking her or was gathering her from the school.

Another day a journalist was commenting, that in Zarzuela, after the happened were shaking very much on having thought about the girl, because it seems that it was habitual that went to house of the Princes to play with Leonor.

Let's hope that the girl could continue growing surrounded with her grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts and cousins. That inside the circumstances her life follows with certain normality, and surrounded with those who love her.:flowers:

Magnik, I asked myself the same question : Is Letizia the godmother of Carla? I am sure that she will be there for her whatever she is or not the godmother. The fact Antonio Vigo cames with the Princes in the funeral shows that they still be very closed to them. I hope these little girl will find in her family's love the force to front these terrible tragedy....In my opinion, the best support will be her father. He's now the person who loves the most these little girl.

I do not think that Antonio Vigo will change the practices of Carla and for her good she must continue to see the family of her mother.

Leti and Felipe to adopt Carla?

....if her biological father agrees? It´s just an idea. Vigo will have to work all day and Carla might grow up most of the time at her grandmother or so. I think it would be much better for her to have parents in their thirties and some brothers and sisters. And Leti being her aunt is as close related in my opinion as a grandmother is. Of course they have to make an agreement with Vigo to give him the opportunity to see the girl as often as he wants to. It´s just a nice picture in my mind to imagine that they include Carla in a few days and then present her to the public, let´s say when the new baby is born.
Please don´t become outraged. It´s just an idea and in my opinion not THAT absurd.

Carla has her father, does not need other parents.

Letizia adores her niece, and the girl to her aunt. Always she has taken care of her niece and she will continue doing, she will help her in everything what could, and assurance that she will try that she grows as nearby as possible of her cousins.

i don't think that vigo wil be agree about that but i think that letizia will be make the imposible for see carla

Carla has her own father and it seems to me a ridiculous situation that Letizia and Felipe adopt the girl. I am sure that her father will take care of Carla better than nobody.
In addition she also will have the affection of her aunt and her uncle.

Stefanie said:
....if her biological father agrees? It´s just an idea. Vigo will have to work all day and Carla might grow up most of the time at her grandmother or so. I think it would be much better for her to have parents in their thirties and some brothers and sisters. And Leti being her aunt is as close related in my opinion as a grandmother is. Of course they have to make an agreement with Vigo to give him the opportunity to see the girl as often as he wants to. It´s just a nice picture in my mind to imagine that they include Carla in a few days and then present her to the public, let´s say when the new baby is born.
Please don´t become outraged. It´s just an idea and in my opinion not THAT absurd.

I respect your opinion, we all have our opinions.

But I think it's unnecessary at this point. I don't really know anything about Antonio but my hope is that for Carla's sake he understands she needs both sides of her family: his family and Erika's family. Besides there are many single parents in the world and they are very capable of budgeting their time appropriately between work and kids. My mom was great at it after my dad passed away. I love my aunts and uncles but there's no way I would've wanted to go live with any of them and their family's.

besides she may have some kids her age to play with, maybe the Urdangarins (as she has done before) or the Marichalars (which would be easier since they live in Madrid as well)

Elena and Cristina are mothers and they feel sorrow for the little one's loss, so I guess they'll help her as much as they could:flowers:

Lauritas138 said:
Carla has her own father and it seems to me a ridiculous situation that Letizia and Felipe adopt the girl. I am sure that her father will take care of Carla better than nobody.
In addition she also will have the affection of her aunt and her uncle.

Absolutely agree. Letizia and Felipe are the uncles of the little Carla, but she has her own father, maybe they are gonna be a good support for her, but no necesary they are gonna be the new parents just because they are the princes of Asturias

Last edited:
Im sure that Carla will have the best life she will be loved o matter what and her aunts will always be their for her.

It seems absolutely disrespectful to me to speak of the adopsión of Carla.She has her father and if Antonio Vigo read that you are saying he will surpised much. The little girl needs the support of her father and his father the support of his daughter. And I am sure that Carla has many friends with whom to play in the school.She must be with her father.

Everybody has his own opinion and the right to have an opinion. I respect yours, Stefanie, but for me the person who must grow up Carla is her father.
That's the best solution for me and of course seeing her mother's family very often.
Just one thing affraid me. Antonio Vigo worked in Paraguay. If the spanish press continues to persecute Carla, I think he could go very far from Madrid with the little girl and that would be terrible for Paloma.....

Lauritas138 said:
It seems absolutely disrespectful to me to speak of the adopsión of Carla.She has her father and if Antonio Vigo read that you are saying he will surpised much. The little girl needs the support of her father and his father the support of his daughter. And I am sure that Carla has many friends with whom to play in the school.She must be with her father.

I completely agree, it is disrespectful and innapropriate to talk about an adoption!

61 said:
Everybody has his own opinion and the right to have an opinion. I respect yours, Stefanie, but for me the person who must grow up Carla is her father.
That's the best solution for me and of course seeing her mother's family very often.
Just one thing affraid me. Antonio Vigo worked in Paraguay. If the spanish press continues to persecute Carla, I think he could go very far from Madrid with the little girl and that would be terrible for Paloma.....

I agree with you zaza..

I don't think your idea is disrespectful at all Stefanie.
But even though she lost her mother she still has her father and Im pretty sure he'll know how to raise his girl with the support of his family and Erika's family.

For me the best is that the girl lives with his father wit all the love of his aunts and the rest of the two families.

I wonder if Carla will still spend time with Letizia and Christina's boys in the summer at Palma del Mallorca

crm2317 said:
I wonder if Carla will still spend time with Letizia and Christina's boys in the summer at Palma del Mallorca
She had already spend some time playing with Urdangarin boys in Palma during holidays 2005.

yes i know im just wondering if they will still do it now she lives with her father

Antonio Vigo is already back in Spain. I heard he teaches in an art school, correct me if I'm wrong.
Regardless, Carla's maternal side family will see her less in the future and her paternal family will get more involved in her daily life. I think it will be especially hard on Paloma, who used to see Carla almost everyday.

Donnak, when I'm watching at your avatar, I'm totally fascinating by the pur innocence of the Leonor' look! I would to say her how is precious this innocent look on the life, and making a wishe that she is keeping this look as long as it's possible.

Why do you think so obviously that Carla are going to be more ofteb with her father. Yes it's the legal and logical way but in this case - and generally speaking- it's possible for grand fathers to ask in justice the care of their little son. May be it will be better that this so little and charming girl have the strech link with her two families maternalk and paternal!

Last edited:
Unmarried parents and the law

Two questions:
1. Were Erika and Vigo now married or not?
2. What is Carla´s last name?
In Germany if unmarried parents get children a) the child automatically receives it´s mothers last name and b) the custody is only by the mother.
So if Vigo and Erika weren´t married I wonder whether it´s possible for him to have the custody immediately and take the girl along.
Let´s face it: Single fathers in contrast to single mothers will automatically have some help from female family members whereas single mothers are much more expected to control the situation by themselves. Vigo will have to work all day and Carla? Do children of that young age in Spain already visit all-day school? Im mean it´s Mrs. Rocasolano´s granddaughter from her late (moreover tragic circumstances) daughter.I simply can´t imagine that f.i. Mrs. Rocasolano sen. (specially in that tragic case and the girl possibly with the last name Ortiz-Rocasolano) watches the father taking the girl into his own family, later might marry another woman and that´s it. It would in a way brake my heart!
Maybe to Erika it was more than she could handle being now a single mother. And maybe (as it as a pity is in most of such cases) Vigo went along with his life after the separation and didn´t expect a tiny bit to so suddenly have lifelong responsibility for his daughter.... (Let´s face it: Lots of separated and divorced fathers become quite far used to the fact that they won´t see her children no longer every day and some of them are not too sad about that..) So it might not be a good start for the little girl if her father only cares about her because of the tragic circumstances.
I feel there must be some better solution for Carla....
These are only my personal thoughts (I imagine what I would do and feel if I were Mrs. Rocasolano sen. or Letizia) for sure it might end up all wonderful for Carla and of course I don´t know Mr. Vigo. Hopefully all persons decide respectfully and with self-critisism about the situation....

Stefanie said:
Two questions:
1. Were Erika and Vigo now married or not?
2. What is Carla´s last name?
In Germany if unmarried parents get children a) the child automatically receives it´s mothers last name and b) the custody is only by the mother.
So if Vigo and Erika weren´t married I wonder whether it´s possible for him to have the custody immediately and take the girl along.
Let´s face it: Single fathers in contrast to single mothers will automatically have some help from female family members whereas single mothers are much more expected to control the situation by themselves. Vigo will have to work all day and Carla? Do children of that young age in Spain already visit all-day school? Im mean it´s Mrs. Rocasolano´s granddaughter from her late (moreover tragic circumstances) daughter.I simply can´t imagine that f.i. Mrs. Rocasolano sen. (specially in that tragic case and the girl possibly with the last name Ortiz-Rocasolano) watches the father taking the girl into his own family, later might marry another woman and that´s it. It would in a way brake my heart!
Maybe to Erika it was more than she could handle being now a single mother. And maybe (as it as a pity is in most of such cases) Vigo went along with his life after the separation and didn´t expect a tiny bit to so suddenly have lifelong responsibility for his daughter.... (Let´s face it: Lots of separated and divorced fathers become quite far used to the fact that they won´t see her children no longer every day and some of them are not too sad about that..) So it might not be a good start for the little girl if her father only cares about her because of the tragic circumstances.
I feel there must be some better solution for Carla....
These are only my personal thoughts (I imagine what I would do and feel if I were Mrs. Rocasolano sen. or Letizia) for sure it might end up all wonderful for Carla and of course I don´t know Mr. Vigo. Hopefully all persons decide respectfully and with self-critisism about the situation....

I don't know the law in Spain, but with regards to the little girl, all egoism should be put aside and the best decision for her future sould be taken. Even if that means that other family members might see her less then usual. Who says that it would be a bad thing if her father remarries, has other children and she will grow up within a stable family environment rather then overshadowed by the death of her mother and the grief of her grandparents. Growing up with her father does not necessarily mean seperation from her maternal family. And I should doubt that the father would not want to have his daughter stay in good and close contact with that part of the family. I think in time all concerned will get together and look for what is best for the little girl, but at present she is probably best with her dads family who is certainly less struck (though not untouced) by grief then her maternal grandparents and aunts. They might be more open to her needs after her loss then the others. JMO

I don't see any reason carla shouldn't be involved with her mothers family. She mayhave to travel for summer events but that can be arranaged. I don't think she will lose any of her family ties she is and always should be apart of their family.

i read carla has a really close relationship with letizia, so i guess they will always be in touch, even if she lives with her father. after all, she would need a female model to follow, so i'm certain she will be close to either her grandmothers or aunts...

i read how letizia took carla for a couple of days out in the movies or at the circus (i think it was) with felipe's nephews and the infantas, so i'm sure she will keep on doing it, specially now. it's a bitof personal opinion in here that may or may not happen, but considering letizia is the only close female relative, she may also spend time in the prince's palace, if she does not already do so.

where does antonio live at the moment? i think they all live in madrid, don't they?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom