The Princess of Girona Foundation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so glad Leonor turned out ok so far. I can't imagine what people would say about Queen Letizia otherwise. I really hope she goes from strength to strength.

The story of Guillermo Martínez, the winner who kept his promise to Letizia
We speak with one of the Princess of Girona awards, whose talent and work have made this Thursday one of the stars of the exciting ceremony

Summary of his words about the Princess and the Infanta

"The ceremony was spectacular. Already during the rehearsal it was super exciting. That people see you, that they come to know your project, that your family be with you ... It's brutal. The pity was that the awards ceremony was very fast. But It is true that later we had time to talk with everyone and I was able to talk with Carmen Calvo, with the King, with the Queen and with Princess Leonor and the Infanta Sofía, because I gave them some 'helpis', which are solidarity dolls that we sell on our website. The last time I went to Zarzuela to participate in a debate with more winners, I gave them some tiny keychains, also made in 3D printing. But Queen Letizia asked me where was her 'helpi', that she wanted one , who had followed us for a long time and thought I was going to bring him one. I promised him that next time I would take it. The next time it was the ceremony and I brought him two for his daughters. They liked them very much. I was lucky to be able to be talking to them for a long time. They were very interested in science and I told them that the next thing they had to have at home was a 3D printer. I volunteered to advise them on whatever is needed. I put the idea in case it slipped. There was also the King in front and I told him too. "

"It is true that I have a facility with anyone, it is not imposed on me to speak with well-known and important people. It was a very normal, very natural conversation. In the end, they are people (the king, the queen, the princess They like to talk to people, entertain themselves and enjoy a conversation. We were also in the euphoria of the moment and that also helps "

What he says about Leonor (and the Infanta Sofía):

"My words are not going to be the most professional to say, but from what I have known, I see her very well. You could see her speech, her preparation ... In the end she is preparing since she was born for her role. She and her sister are very educated. But you also have to think that they are still girls, they are teenagers. You have to let them enjoy this moment. But that is true: they are two very educated girls, very nice, with whom you can have an adult conversation without problem. It was amazing to get to know the family "

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...rmo-martinez-premios-promesa-letizia_3163680/

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
King Felipe and Queen Letizia attended a meeting of the Delegate Commission of the Princess of Girona Foundation today, November 30:

** casareal photos ** casareal **

King Felipe and Queen Letizia attended the launch of the "Talent Tour" and proclamation of the "Arts and Letters Award" of the Princess of Girona Foundation in Malaga today, March 7:

** gtresnews gallery ** casareal ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
King Felipe during the announcement of the winner of the Princess of Girona Foundation Award 2022 in the "International" category today:

** gtresnews gallery ** casareal **

Last edited:
King Felipe and Queen Letizia presided over a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Princess of Girona Foundation at the Royal Palace today, June 9:

** casareal photos ** casareal **

Princess of Asturias and Girona, will finally visit the province of one of her two main titles.

Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofía will appear at the Dalí theater museum in Figueres in the afternoon to take a tour of the facilities in the previous activities of the Family before the delivery of the Princess of Girona Awards. In Figueres, the Princess and the Infanta will hold a meeting with eight young people linked to the Princess of Girona Foundation and then they will visit the Museum, which will be open to the public that day.

https://www.elmundo.es/espana/2022/07/01/62beaa27fdddff867b8b45cd.html

Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofía

Work session on the new programs of the Princess of Girona Foundation and meeting with young participants in them
Dalí Theater Museum. Figueres (Girona)

Visit to the Dali Museum
Dalí Theater Museum. Figueres (Girona)

King Felipe, Queen Letizia, Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofía

Meeting with winners of the Princess of Girona Foundation (FPdGi), in previous editions

Award ceremony for the "Princess of Girona Foundation Awards 2022"
AGBAR Water Museum. Cornella de Llobregat (Barcelona)

King Felipe

XXV Meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Princess of Girona Foundation
AGBAR Water Museum. Cornella de Llobregat (Barcelona)

Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofía

Workshop given by Hadi Partovi, CEO of Code.org with young people from the Foundation
Albéniz Mansion. Barcelona

Last edited:
She is slightly breathless during her delivery, which is certainly down to nerves. But the time she is spending in Wales has transformed little Leo from an almost timid girl to a stunning, poised young lady.

She looks very much like Letizia imo. I see little of her Borbon side.

It's so amazing to me see all the European baby princesses grow into young women. Each one with her own beauty, and a little more that makes them each unique.

Elisabeth, Ingrid-Alexandra, Catarina Amalia and now Leonor.(I didn't mention Estelle because I still see her as a child).

I remember the births of each of them!?

Last edited:
I assume Leonor is partly speaking Catalan because it isn't fully Spanish (and at the times it differs from Spanish her eyes are fixed on the paper in front of her).

Last edited:
They weren't even allowed to have this in Girona due to republican sentiment and Felipe being declared persona non grata, so Barcelona was apparently a compromise?

I wonder when Leonor will be able to go to Girona.

She is slightly breathless during her delivery, which is certainly down to nerves. But the time she is spending in Wales has transformed little Leo from an almost timid girl to a stunning, poised young lady.

She looks very much like Letizia. I see little of her Borbon side.

It's so amazing to me see all the European baby princesses grow into young women. Each one with her own beauty, and a little more that makes them each unique.

Elisabeth, Ingrid-Alexandra, Catarina Amalia and now Leonor.(I didn't mention Estelle because I still see her as a child).

I remember the births of each of them!?

She was probably extra nervous because she had to deliver part of the speech in Catalan, which is not her native language. She was making a great effort not to mispronounce individual words in Catalan and that showed in the delivery.

She was also breathless when speaking in Spanish though. It was a difficult speech and she was obviously feeling the pressure.

Last edited:
I really like the format of this awards. It's very interactive. The winners were also well deserving of the awards. I was first impressed by Maria Hervás in La Cocinera de Castimar (on Netflix-HIGHLY recommend). Also who isn't inspired by Claudia Tecglen?

As for Leonor's speech- I personally saw a dramatic improvement. In her past speeches she would rush through it and be very winded. However, here she definitely has slowed down a bit and even though she speaks quickly the speech didn't come off as being rushed! Well done Leonor!!!

King Felipe and Queen Letizia presided over the XXX meeting of the Delegate Commission of the Princess of Girona Foundation today, November 21:

** gtresnews gallery ** casareal **

Back
Top Bottom