The Princess of Asturias Undergoes Operation for Respiratory Problems: August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a thread on Queen Silvia's plastic surgeries?

There is a difference between corrections being done during childhood for obvious ugly teeth, jug ears or a hell of a nose that will lead to the child being bullied or even depressions and an adult of 35 years...

I don't see many differences. In both situations people (children or adults) wanted to look better. Ugly teeth don't make you unhealthy... A child or an adult fix their teeth because they want to have a nicer smile. That's the real Reason. And IMO, they have all the right to do so.
If Letizia wasn't a princess, maybe she would never have decided for a surgery. But now she cares about how she looks (who wouldn't in her place?). Who knows, maybe she was tired to look at pictures and see that nose she didn't like all the time...

That's why Margrethe is still sporting her ugly teeth, Beatrix her mega wrinkles, JC his Borbon-nose and Charles his oversized ears. Just imagine QE II having a facelift - shocking! Besides, a whole industry of satirists depends on the imperfect looks of their royals (eg Charles' jug ears, the horsey-theeth BRF or Sofia's hamster cheeks).

Well, good for them! If they like the way they look, then I'm glad for them. But I wouldn't mind if some day Queen Margareth realized that a teeth whitening could be good for her :D

If one day King JC gets tired on his nose and follows Letizia's example, I don't think any one would say "well... I used to like our King. But since the day he made that surgery on his ears... I don't like him anymore!!"

Queen Elizabeth will never do a facelift. That would be shocking, I agree with you. There is a difference bewteen looking younger and looking better. Eternal youth is a myth. An old lady will never look as a teenager. Facelifts usually harm more than help because many women think that after a surgery, men will look at them again and everything will be like it was 20 years ago. But that wont happen again. A nose job doesn't make you more attractive to men :D... it makes you more appealing to yourself.

:flowers:

Wow, 11 pages on a deviated septum.

I had my op done when I was 19 and it was far from pleasant. Here in the UK operations to correct a deviated septum are one of the most common the NHS performs and they can occur in a range of ages. When I had mine done there was a lady who was in her 60's a few beds over from me.

The fact is we have no idea whether this is a long-term problem that has simply gone undiagnosed (as mine was) or whether it's something more recent. For example, it could have been caused by an injury of some sort. I think it's sad that thanks to celebrities and Hollywood the minute anybody says "deviated septum" people start tearing the public figure apart. Celebs and royals are not omnipotent, they do suffer from health problems just like us mere mortals.

I had a some cosmetic work done at the same time because my surgeon told me to, on the basis that my nose may look different.

There is a difference between corrections being done during childhood for obvious ugly teeth, jug ears or a hell of a nose that will lead to the child being bullied or even depressions and an adult of 35 years
Well in that case she's fully justified using your line of thinking because many media outlets and cartoonists have mocked Letizia's nose. Hence the comments about her looking like a witch etc.

Most people with big ears don't have millions of people making fun of their imperfection, if they of course see it as an imperfection.

I don't see many differences. In both situations people (children or adults) wanted to look better. Ugly teeth don't make you unhealthy... A child or an adult fix their teeth because they want to have a nicer smile. That's the real Reason. And IMO, they have all the right to do so.
Well, if the teeth are crooked, prominent, etc, they will make you unhealthy sooner or later!
Sorry Regina, but the idea that people need to fix their teeth always and only for cosmetic reasons is very obsolete.

As far as I know, all the surgeons usually suggest a cosmetic work when the patients need to be operated for a deviated sept and they also have either an ugly or an imperfect nose, but the patients can refuse the cosmetic work.
Obviously if they don't like their nose, they want also the cosmetic work. Why not?.
IMO, Letizia should have refused the cosmetic work. A nose job changes the face so much, and she didn't need to change her beautiful face, though she didn't have a beautiful profile.
Anyways, we will never know what is the real reason for Letizia's operation!

Well in that case she's fully justified using your line of thinking because many media outlets and cartoonists have mocked Letizia's nose. Hence the comments about her looking like a witch etc.

Completely agree but this would only confirm what most people think anyway, that casareal only gave one part of the truth, the deviated septum. Fair enough as the other part could include a variety of reasons (eg not liking the nose or even depressions, vanity) that basically confirm that Letizia started cracking under the media pressure. If a CP with a rather characteristic than striking ugly nose decides to have a nose job after only 4 years in the media heat because of mockery ("witch") as you suggest above, she is obviously much more fragile than she wanted to make people believe. Charles's ears are much more significant in the ugly sense than Letizia's nose though he has managed to survive without an operation until this very day. Fact is that Letizia changed her nose and instead of being mocked from now on there will be constant speculation on what's next.

Btw my sister had her nose operated for a deviated septum but insisted on the same shape which was possible but every case is different. She said it was so painful that she would rather give birth to another child than having the operation redone.

I didn know that the media made fun of her nose,to me her nose was fine as it is,there was nothing wrong with it,but then it doesnt help when you see your picture on a newspaper or a magazine and people making fun of your nose and calling you a witch,i guess no matter how confident Letizia is i dont think it made her feel good,and to be honest it wouldnt make me feel good if people put my picture on a magazine and called me names,oh the media can be so nasty at times...

Letizia had septo-rhinoplasty

Nasal septum deviation causes breathing problems. Septoplasty (nasal septum surgery) corrects a deviated nasal septum but the patient's nose remains the same than before. This procedure usually doesn't change the shape of nose outwardly.
Rhinoplasty (cosmetic nasal surgery or nose job) actually changes nasal deformities because of aesthetic reasons. The nose can be straightened, made smaller, humps removed or nasal tip lifted.
Septoplasty can be combined rhinoplasty what is called septorhinoplasty but part of rhinoplasty(nose job) is mainly performed at patient's own request.

Btw my sister had her nose operated for a deviated septum.... She said it was so painful that she would rather give birth to another child than having the operation redone.
I haven't given birth yet so cannot compare but I agree with the pain factor. That and puking up blood for the first day or so, it is a horrible operation.

Nasal septum deviation causes breathing problems. Septoplasty (nasal septum surgery) corrects a deviated nasal septum but the patient's nose remains the same than before. This procedure usually doesn't change the shape of nose outwardly.
The operative word being usually, every person is different. I was told to have some cosmetic work because my breathing problems were quite severe and the op could have left permanent damage.

Queen Elizabeth doesn't need a face lift --- she looks amazing for her age and her skin is radiant - "don't fix it if it isn't broken"

As for Queen Margarethe - she should have her teeth worked on just for her health -
bad teeth can lead to gum disease and that can affect your over-all health -

And as for Queen Silvia, I always thought that the best plastic surgeons were in Brazil - I guess that I was wrong!

There you go argue with Little star, whom has had a nose job! :lol: LOL! I had a friend that had her nose done. She hid in her house for at least 10 to 14 days. And my friend had the bruising and bandages that had to be worn for at least 10 days afterwards, just as Little star explained. It's simply impossible for Letizia to have had her nose done. She is likely the most frequently photographed of any of the wives of these crown princes. Besides her nose doesn't look any different to me.
I am so glad that you said that. I can't see any big difference to cause all this resentful talk. I thought my eye sight was going with age. I never had any operations on my nose but a friend did [along with her eyes] and she was awful for weeks. Can't picture Letizia having that type of operation and be out and about days later. No amount of makeup would have covered my friend's bruising or swollen disfigurement.

Well, feel free to call me stupid or whatever. But I fail to see a difference. I went and compared pics on my own at different sites. I would be too skeptical to believe some pics that are circulating in some of the articles on this subject. Tweaking can be done to the pics you know? Overall, I think this is quite pathetic. I would be surprised if she did have a nose job. Not appalled just surprised because why now? It makes little sense to me. She has been in this royal family and in the limelight for 4 years now. And also she was in front of the cameras before she was even a princess. Therefore I'm inclined to believe what the royal family has reported. People have nothing better to do then to spin this into "OMG, the princess had a nose job." Please, give me a break! Why are people so quick to not believe what the royal family has reported? Are they known LIARS? Because basically that's what everyone is calling the royal family right now. How appalling! Absolutely appalling!!!

Well, feel free to call me stupid or whatever. But I fail to see a difference. I went and compared pics on my own at different sites. I would be too skeptical to believe some pics that are circulating in some of the articles on this subject. Tweaking can be done to the pics you know? Overall, I think this is quite pathetic. I would be surprised if she did have a nose job. Not appalled just surprised because why now? It makes little sense to me. She has been in this royal family and in the limelight for 4 years now. And also she was in front of the cameras before she was even a princess.
Exactly! She's been in the public eye for many many years, long before she met Felipe.

Monarquía Confidencial
Zarzuela denies that the Princess of Asturias has operated of the chin and the face
transp.gif

Wednesday, 27 of August of 2008
transp.gif

Perhaps the error was not to announce the operation previously, or perhaps immediately later. But the fact that they were the photographers, and some journalists, those who, with their questions, to Zarzuela were able to keep awake the operation of nose of Do6na Letizia, continue giving that to speak. Until the point of which the own House of the King has had to clarify that the Princess of Asturias has not operated of the chin nor of the face. Only the nose.

I think that she did not have to operate the nose so that prince Felipe knew already it thus and when he saw the TV said "qué chica más guapa" ... " I think that she this good thus… with its small imperfections.

I don't know what she has done but she looks so different in these pictures. Honestly, if she wasn't next to Prince Felipe, I would not have said it was Letizia!

Something must have clicked with Letizia --- she has been wearing tighter clothes lately - the bright green dress, for example. She has seemed more confidant. With some women, just an off-hand remark by the husband can cause a woman to have plastic surgery. Maybe feeling more confidant in her role, she thinks that this one small imperfection (to her, the nose) is making her not perfect.
And again, I think that as the years go by, the bump on her nose would become more pronounced - better to get rid of it now rather than later.

I wonder what Elena and Cristina think now! I don't see Cristina as having any cosmetic surgery--much less Elena. Is this good press for the Royal House? I wonder what Juan Carlos thinks about all this?

I wonder what Elena and Cristina think now! I don't see Cristina as having any cosmetic surgery--much less Elena. Is this good press for the Royal House? I wonder what Juan Carlos thinks about all this?

Both sisters do join 'the thinner the better' club since Letizia joined the family :). JC was photographed outside a plastic surgeon's office years ago. Even if he didn't do anything himself (not his nose for sure), cosmetic surgery doesn't seem anything new to him. Only people have short memories ;).

I don't think that most of the normal people in Spain really care about this operation. Doesn't change their lives one iota. I also don't believe it would have been done without Juan Carlos' permission.

I disagree. Her nose does look very different and it seems that I am not the only one who noticed it. By the way, nose correction is a routine operation and isn't so serious as many people think.

Vista Cansada: ¿Es real la nariz de Letizia?

Some old and new pictures. Her nose was curved and convex.

1, April 2008 Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
2, June 2008 Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
3, Beijing Olympic Games Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Recent photos, her nose is much straighter and shorter than before and similar to Queen Rania's nose. Change is clear.

If her nose was curved in Beijing that would mean she has had her nose fixed in the past week. It's very doubtful considering there is not scaring, and she was never seen with any sort of bandage. (I don't know much about nose jobs, but from what I know, there is usually a bit of swelling after an operation, even one that is as uninvasive as this sort of operation sounds.)

I have been reading thru all these many pages and cracking up. What ppl believe just makes me fall out of my chair laughing.

There was only 12 days between pictures that I could find of her, on the 8th and then again on the 21st. That's not enough time for her to have an actual nose job. It takes 2 to 3 weeks just for the bandages to be removed. At that point the swelling is still apparent. Not to mention some bruising could still be noticeable and the incision marks would definitely be visible.

The royal family must be so frustrated with this whole thing. They did not have to say anything and yet they chose to. So why can't people accept what they reported instead of inventing a different version. I suppose because the truth is not interesting enough for many.

Personally I have no idea if it was for medical reason or not so I will just take the Zarauela announcement as truth. What I do think made things more awkward is not the fault of Princess Letizia but the press managers at Zarzuela.
They should have announced on the day of the correction or perhaps before. A simple announcement such as "On (date) the Princess will be undergoing a minor medical correction and will resume her duties on (date)"
Instead the provided a late excuse after everyone had already seen pictures and started gossiping about the cause. To me it was almost as if they were waiting to see if anyone would notice the change.

It's Zarzuela polite. When prince Felipe damaged his hand, in 2005, Zarzuela don't said nothing, only when the prince go out in public. This is the same, isn't a serious medical problem. Of course, if she has a serious problem Zarzuela probably comunicated it.

It's Zarzuela polite. When prince Felipe damaged his hand, in 2005, Zarzuela don't said nothing, only when the prince go out in public. This is the same, isn't a serious medical problem. Of course, if she has a serious problem Zarzuela probably comunicated it.
I agree with you. If there hadn't been a plane accident, and we saw her so soon after the minor surgery, none of this resentful speculation would be taking place. The Royal House or Government does not have to say a word -- no one's business but theirs. I give Letizia credit for going out and about as she knew exactly what would be said . An excuse could have been made for her absence and then the rest of the weird ones would be having a field day saying she was "again having a hard pregnancy".

This entire fiasco about her nose and the way they handled it, makes me like Letizia and Felipe all the more.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom