The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 08-24-2008, 12:47 PM
MissSaga's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
jajajajajajajajajajaj, this story seems no end, I JUST CAN SAY Princess Letizia has been very beautiful, even with her imperfect nose.

She still has a swollen face.

Can you imagine how beautiful will she look with her new nose??

awwwwwwww, well, you will see, you will love her, don't worry, you won't miss her.
The point isn't if she's gonna look beautiful, c'mon. The purpose of a nosejob is to have a prettier nose, so that's not so much the issue here.

The issue is that it's unnecessary, and seems very shallow by her.
__________________

__________________
Why do all good things come to an end ?
  #142  
Old 08-24-2008, 01:04 PM
suPeRgiRL!'s Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 225
I think the best thing for us to do is just give her some respect. We do not know her personally, therefore we shouldn't say something bad about someone we do not know.
__________________

__________________
Treat others as you want to be treated, don't give up - and steal some muffins along the way!
  #143  
Old 08-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
[quote=crm2317;815336]This topic seems to be getting pretty heated so I think I'll throw my opinion in!
Personally I don't care if Letizia had a nose job for cosmetic or medical reasons. It is her body and I suppose she can do what she wants with it.
What I find quite amusing is the way members seem to do battle with their respective favourite princesses. The topic is about Letizia's surgery, nobody elses!
People who accept it are entitled to say it but so are those who disagree why start saying things like well my princess is still way better than your princess.

I agree. It is kind of amusing when the fans call the other side names or use the words "Letizia haters" In my view those who truly hate Letizia need as much therapy as those who adore her. She is a lady who married well, climbed at the top of the Spanish society and stands to scrutiny like all public figures. BTW That nose......the new one, I like it. I just hope in the days to come, she combs her hair a bit back like before instead of having it hang on her face. Still, it may be because she is swollen but her eyes look different as well. I am still looking for a photo that shows the chin so I can compare and figure out if that was also corrected, for whatever reason.
__________________
  #144  
Old 08-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Drottning's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: La La Land, United States
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga View Post
I don't believe a word of the "medical reasons" excuse.
I also think it's stupid/a shame she did it.
I'm sorry but I highly doubt she deliberately lied to the spanish public. She doesn't strike me as being that manipulative and calculating she would excuse a nose job for fixing a deviated septum. Letizia worked in an industry before where looks are valued. If she was as vain and superficial and shallow as some people claim she is, she had a very good opportunity then to fix it. But she didn't.
__________________
"Free at last, free at last, free at last. Thank God the Almighty we are free at last"-Martin Luther King
  #145  
Old 08-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Drottning's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: La La Land, United States
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by suPeRgiRL! View Post
I think the best thing for us to do is just give her some respect. We do not know her personally, therefore we shouldn't say something bad about someone we do not know.
Well said!
__________________
"Free at last, free at last, free at last. Thank God the Almighty we are free at last"-Martin Luther King
  #146  
Old 08-24-2008, 01:11 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
But it is a pity, there are a lot on a superficial person to call her like that, and it is OBVIOUS that Princess Letizia would never be A SUPERFICIAL PERSON she has shown it in her everyday lifetime and in her role as a Princess.

Although some people JUST want to call her like that

She never waste her money in very EXPENSIVE cloth as other Royals,

Nothing famous marks as prada, versace, valentino and so on, She really works hard for her new role as a Princess of Asturias
As far as I'm aware none of us know the Princess personally so we cannot comment on whether or not she is superficial, we can only provide our opinion based on the impression she gives.
And I'm not so sure Letizia doesn't waste money on designer clothes, her engagement suit was Armani and I have seen her in Jimmy Choo shoes aswell as Manolo Blahnik.
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
  #147  
Old 08-24-2008, 01:12 PM
MissSaga's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post

And. .. once again you are making comparisons between princesses,
and I think this is not allowed.I advise you not to compare Letizia with Maxima because Maxima would lose.
There YOU are making the comparision . Jesus ...
__________________
Why do all good things come to an end ?
  #148  
Old 08-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey, United States
Posts: 284
I think it would have been better if the Royal House announced the surgery but did not comment on the reason for it--whether it is true or not, it sounds dishonest. Better to just say nothing.

I hope Letizia recovers well and starts to look at least a little more like herself. If she had to do this for medical purposes, I feel badly for her that she had to give up so much. Because even if the surgery looks "nice" she lost something important. I feel badly for Felipe too, I would guess he loved her face as it was.
__________________
  #149  
Old 08-24-2008, 01:18 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher View Post
I think it would have been better if the Royal House announced the surgery but did not comment on the reason for it--whether it is true or not, it sounds dishonest. Better to just say nothing.

I hope Letizia recovers well and starts to look at least a little more like herself. If she had to do this for medical purposes, I feel badly for her that she had to give up so much. Because even if the surgery looks "nice" she lost something important. I feel badly for Felipe too, I would guess he loved her face as it was.
I completely agree. They should have just announced the surgery but I personally don't think a reason was necessary. It would also have been better to announce the surgery when it happened, not after. It looks as if they were waiting to see if people noticed.
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
  #150  
Old 08-24-2008, 01:33 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Dear catango, I was the person on this forum who noticed her nose surgery. The news was true, wasn't it? By the way, septorhinoplasty is frequently combined with chin correction in order to improve respiration problem.

Yes, you were awared of it, and SRH released a confirmation, but they never mentioned a chin correction, so automatically it turns out in speculation.
__________________
  #151  
Old 08-24-2008, 01:39 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga View Post
The point isn't if she's gonna look beautiful, c'mon. The purpose of a nosejob is to have a prettier nose, so that's not so much the issue here.

The issue is that it's unnecessary, and seems very shallow by her.
Didn't you just say that Princess Letizia is superficial, and very selfconcious???, you have stated before that she made a nose job just because of her image, so if you say so, it is because you are trying to say that she made it for improve her physical appereance, that's what you meant before, and now you are telling me that the point isn't that she could look better, come on, to much contradiction.

Don't you think???
__________________
  #152  
Old 08-24-2008, 01:46 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
As far as I'm aware none of us know the Princess personally so we cannot comment on whether or not she is superficial, we can only provide our opinion based on the impression she gives.
And I'm not so sure Letizia doesn't waste money on designer clothes, her engagement suit was Armani and I have seen her in Jimmy Choo shoes aswell as Manolo Blahnik.
Manolo blahnik is a spanish shoes designer, she always supports spanish designer, at least most of the time she wears cloth from spanish designers for her official engagements, and the ARMANY one was very critized in spain, for that reason, I think she never wear EXPENSIVE designers.
__________________
  #153  
Old 08-24-2008, 01:53 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
Manolo blahnik is a spanish shoes designer, she always supports spanish designer, at least most of the time she wears cloth from spanish designers for her official engagements, and the ARMANY one was very critized in spain, for that reason, I think she never wear EXPENSIVE designers.
Personally I find Manolo Blahnik very expensive, several hundred pounds sterling/euro for one pair of shoes! And spanish designer or not designer is designer and still expensive. If she has the money then why not but I just disagree with using cheaper clothing as a comparison to other royals
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
  #154  
Old 08-24-2008, 01:57 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
But it is a pity, there are a lot on a superficial person to call her like that, and it is OBVIOUS that Princess Letizia would never be A SUPERFICIAL PERSON she has shown it in her everyday lifetime and in her role as a Princess.

Although some people JUST want to call her like that

She never waste her money in very EXPENSIVE cloth as other Royals,
We don't have any information on her bank account and I doubt we know her enough to say if she's superficial or not. So that's automatically speculation.
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #155  
Old 08-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drottning View Post
I'm sorry but I highly doubt she deliberately lied to the spanish public. She doesn't strike me as being that manipulative and calculating she would excuse a nose job for fixing a deviated septum. Letizia worked in an industry before where looks are valued. If she was as vain and superficial and shallow as some people claim she is, she had a very good opportunity then to fix it. But she didn't.
Very well put statement -- besides, all this about a breathing problem that was fixed with the OK of the Spanish King and Queen -- so who are we to question. It doesn't change my life one iota either way.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #156  
Old 08-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey, United States
Posts: 284
Letizia is my favorite, and I've always been a big fan. Plastic surgery does not fit my image of who she is, although of course none of us really know her. If she had this surgery to enhance her appearance, I would think less of her. (It all depends on your view of these things, and mine is negative, and yes, the word "superficial" would fit, in my view.)

But since we don't know why she did it, I will have to give her the benefit of the doubt. I will never look at a picture of her again, though, without noting the new nose and regretting the surgery.
__________________
  #157  
Old 08-24-2008, 02:13 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Personally I find Manolo Blahnik very expensive, several hundred pounds sterling/euro for one pair of shoes! And spanish designer or not designer is designer and still expensive. If she has the money then why not but I just disagree with using cheaper clothing as a comparison to other royals

I follow Princess Letizia almost everyday, and the only Manolo Blahnik that she has wear, were those in Infanta Leonor Christening, and those ones was a GIFT fom Jaime Marichalar Infanta Elena ex husband, He was working for Manolo Blahnik trade mark at that time, so, that is just overrated.

Many of you have critized her because her CHEAP CLOTH, and now turns out that she waste too much on her cloth, an so on, I'm in shock with some statements, and wanted or not, she dresses very simple compare with other royals.
__________________
  #158  
Old 08-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey, United States
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drottning View Post
I'm sorry but I highly doubt she deliberately lied to the spanish public. She doesn't strike me as being that manipulative and calculating she would excuse a nose job for fixing a deviated septum. Letizia worked in an industry before where looks are valued. If she was as vain and superficial and shallow as some people claim she is, she had a very good opportunity then to fix it. But she didn't.
This is the best point I've seen for why I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt. She has been in the public eye for a decade or so, she could have done this at any time.

But on the other hand, people often think about things for many years before they do them.

But then again, she hasn't looked too well recently--maybe she was having breathing trouble?
__________________
  #159  
Old 08-24-2008, 02:16 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
We don't have any information on her bank account and I doubt we know her enough to say if she's superficial or not. So that's automatically speculation.

Yeah , I'm agree, but that is the impression that I have on her, and she has shown being very down to earth and not that BIG Diva.

But well, who cares.
__________________
  #160  
Old 08-24-2008, 02:23 PM
fanprincipesasturi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Posts: 1,057
http://www.monarquiaconfidencial.com/pg_Home.aspx

http://www.monarquiaconfidencial.com...x?IdObjeto=592

The operation of nose of Do6na Letizia last Ortiz stage of the change of image of the Princess

Sunday, 24 of August of 2008


The Princess of Asturias was put under the past week an intervention of septorrinoplastia, with the purpose of to improve her respiratory problems, caused by a deviation of the nasal partition, according to have communicated sources of the Palace of the Zarzuela. His first public appearance after the intervention took place Thursday the past when it went to visit the wounded of the accident of Barajas.
__________________

__________________

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Closed Thread

Tags
letizia, surgery


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Juan Carlos Undergoes Lung Surgery in Barcelona; May 8, 2010 lula King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia 113 03-07-2011 05:04 PM
Queen Rania undergoes medical heart procedure: September 27, 2010 Rossina King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family 113 10-06-2010 02:47 AM
Letizia, Princess of Asturias, Accessories 2: September 2008 - November 2008 dazzling Archives 180 11-22-2008 12:23 PM
The Prince and the Princess of Asturias IN Asturias (2003-2004) Alexandria King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family 43 09-02-2004 12:26 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]