The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:55 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelica View Post
I know about Rania and of course I've seen pictures of her before the operations but I knew nothing about Maxima !

Are there any pictures of the Princess of Orange before the plastic surgeries to compare them with the after surgery photos? Any articles which claim that?
Well, I have been around as Dutch royalty watcher since the mid 90-ties and I know pretty much all that is written about Maxima in the Dutch press. It was never even hinted that Maxima had any form of cosmetic surgery, it has never been announced by the court etc. This is the first time I 'hear' about it. So it is safe to assume that Maxima didn't have cosmetic surgery at all. Not that it matters that much of course.

---
As for Letizia, she can add 2 extra noses for all I care, it is her body and she can do with it what she wants. And it might be nice for Felipe since a partner that snors can deprive you of much sleep, as I know from sad experience .
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #122  
Old 08-24-2008, 07:04 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, I have been around as Dutch royalty watcher since the mid 90-ties and I know pretty much all that is written about Maxima in the Dutch press. It was never even hinted that Maxima had any form of cosmetic surgery, it has never been announced by the court etc. This is the first time I 'hear' about it. So it is safe to assume that Maxima didn't have cosmetic surgery at all. Not that it matters that much of course.
Ditto, she's rather accused of looking much older than her age, there is even a thread about this issue: Maxima - wrinkles & freckles. and whilst other Queens are accused of having had all kinds of surgeries / treatments I think it's also save to say that Queen Beatrix did not have a facelift or currently does any botox treatments
__________________

__________________
  #123  
Old 08-24-2008, 07:40 AM
ikram's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: PARIS, France
Posts: 431
Photo

it seems she did it, I had already made also, I returned to work 10 days aftre with much make-up to hide the black-blues traces. And then? if she made it ?, where is the problem? more and more of women make physical improvements or corrections… if she feels better like that? if she is prettier? … She do not have the right to do it? ?
it's true that the princess is very a beautiful woman, it's true that its nose was really imposing on her very thin face….
__________________
  #124  
Old 08-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Camarina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 497
Princess Letizia has operated her nose mainly for medical reasons .She has always had the bone nasal crooked and I have always noticed that in some photos.
[img=http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8766/thumbnailpentrupoza3168zb3.th.jpg]

If you look the Letizia's face now, her nasal bone is already straight, and this was the purpose of the surgery.

People who have the nasal bone crooked have respiratory problems and the doctor recommended surgery (I know this because my mother has the same problem).

Obviously people who hate Letizia will say that "medical reasons" are absurd and Letizia is not honest and Letizia lying and that she is the worst person in the world ....

Well...I have to say that I saw on TV Letizia and I noticed that she had not done a nose job, so I congratulate the surgeon because the surgery has been very good and discreet.
I also have to say that Letizia is not a superficial woman and she never will be it. When I read the word "superficial" other princesses inevitably come to my head.
__________________
  #125  
Old 08-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Roxsteve's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Any City, United States
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, I have been around as Dutch royalty watcher since the mid 90-ties and I know pretty much all that is written about Maxima in the Dutch press. It was never even hinted that Maxima had any form of cosmetic surgery, it has never been announced by the court etc. This is the first time I 'hear' about it. So it is safe to assume that Maxima didn't have cosmetic surgery at all. Not that it matters that much of course.

---
As for Letizia, she can add 2 extra noses for all I care, it is her body and she can do with it what she wants. And it might be nice for Felipe since a partner that snors can deprive you of much sleep, as I know from sad experience .
The difference between Maxima and Letizia is that Maxima would have no problem saying that she would have cosmetic surgery. I don't think Maxima is the type who cares. She looks beautiful with wrinkles. Letizia will lie till the end and say it was for cosmetic reasons--I think that's what makes me mad. I can care less if she has cosmetic surgery, but don't take us for fools that it was done for medical reasons. Just be honest and say it.
__________________
  #126  
Old 08-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Camarina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
The difference between Maxima and Letizia is that Maxima would have no problem saying that she would have cosmetic surgery. I don't think Maxima is the type who cares. She looks beautiful with wrinkles. Letizia will lie till the end and say it was for cosmetic reasons--I think that's what makes me mad. I can care less if she has cosmetic surgery, but don't take us for fools that it was done for medical reasons. Just be honest and say it.

Why should Letizia say that the surgery was for "cosmetic reasons" if this is not true? Why she should say something that is uncertain?
Her nose job is due to a deviation from her nasal bone and this is the reality and if you do not think this it is your problem.Many people undergoing plastic surgery to straighten their nasal bone to improve their breathing problems, it is so difficult to understand that?

And. .. once again you are making comparisons between princesses,
and I think this is not allowed.I advise you not to compare Letizia with Maxima because Maxima would lose.
__________________
  #127  
Old 08-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: klagenfurt, Austria
Posts: 35
I really hope for letizia that she will not copy the cosmetic surgery standards of the duchess de alba.....of course there could have been serious medical reasons, but if it had not been for, you must consider the psychological background for her decision. does she have an unsettled or insecure personality? I am not sure at all about her motivation for her new nose.
__________________
  #128  
Old 08-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Camarina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 497
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...KWPcum5m4azIWg
__________________
  #129  
Old 08-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: , Italy
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Is her chin still the same? I haven´t seen a good picture yet. I had never noticed her teeth. Poor royals with internet there are no secrets from us. lol.

It's imaginable that Letizia had chin correction as well. (Septo)rhinoplasty is frequently combined with genioplasty(chin correction).
__________________
  #130  
Old 08-24-2008, 11:57 AM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
It's imaginable that Letizia had chin correction as well. Septorhinoplasty is frequently combined with genioplasty(chin correction).

Well, thank God is just YOUR imagination, nothing real, just SPECULATION, WHAT you said.
__________________
  #131  
Old 08-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 57
From Spain...
Do they believe that to the Spanish it bothers a slight operation of nose of our princess?
The Spanish we are not so superficial.
It is important for us if they realize well their work. And my princes do it perfectly.
She is a beautiful woman, a husband has that the landlady deeply and two beautiful girls....
The change in her nose is slight enough, for what difficultly one will see very different.... If (she) is more handsome(prettier), more pride for us and his husband. Nothing more.
What it us fills with pride to the Spanish, really, is that always they are with whom they need them...
The operation is "septorrinoplastia" .... what changes the internal fault and there is an external retouch ... and this way it has communicated
My conclusion: the same persons who criticize that she dresses as a woman of major age, will say that you saw bold if she dresses nice dresses(clothes),The same persons who were saying that the princess could not be nice because her nose was ugly, now say that she has lost personality....jajajaja
A last thing:It is impossible that the mentón has operated on, also I certify that one has not operated on the legs to be high, and that has not also drunk sandre from children young woman remained....
__________________
  #132  
Old 08-24-2008, 12:08 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelarn View Post
From Spain...
Do they believe that to the Spanish it bothers a slight operation of nose of our princess?
The Spanish we are not so superficial.
It is important for us if they realize well their work. And my princes do it perfectly.
She is a beautiful woman, a husband has that the landlady deeply and two beautiful girls....
The change in her nose is slight enough, for what difficultly one will see very different.... If (she) is more handsome(prettier), more pride for us and his husband. Nothing more.
What it us fills with pride to the Spanish, really, is that always they are with whom they need them...
The operation is "septorrinoplastia" .... what changes the internal fault and there is an external retouch ... and this way it has communicated
My conclusion: the same persons who criticize that she dresses as a woman of major age, will say that you saw bold if she dresses nice dresses(clothes),The same persons who were saying that the princess could not be nice because her nose was ugly, now say that she has lost personality....jajajaja
A last thing:It is impossible that the mentón has operated on, also I certify that one has not operated on the legs to be high, and that has not also drunk sandre from children young woman remained....
It is really nice to hear that from a spanish person, who really will tell what they think or want in their princess.
__________________
  #133  
Old 08-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 57
So it is clear that we want them ...!
The princes are very hard-working, are loved, and there have given us two precious infantas...
Always they work for the good of Spain...
Our monarchy has a support, according to the surveys, which it overcomes 80 per cent...
__________________
  #134  
Old 08-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 57
Our not this monarchy established in vanalidades, but in hard work, every day. How may have days of vacations had this year, the princes?
__________________
  #135  
Old 08-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Ditto, she's rather accused of looking much older than her age, there is even a thread about this issue: Maxima - wrinkles & freckles. and whilst other Queens are accused of having had all kinds of surgeries / treatments I think it's also save to say that Queen Beatrix did not have a facelift or currently does any botox treatments
I believe it has been stated that Maxima had Lipo on thighs and later stomach -- no big deal if she did -- but it seems that it was confirmed but maybe some else could remember.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #136  
Old 08-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
The difference between Maxima and Letizia is that Maxima would have no problem saying that she would have cosmetic surgery. I don't think Maxima is the type who cares. She looks beautiful with wrinkles. Letizia will lie till the end and say it was for cosmetic reasons--I think that's what makes me mad. I can care less if she has cosmetic surgery, but don't take us for fools that it was done for medical reasons. Just be honest and say it.
I am honest and I believe that it was for medical purposes. As far as Maxima, it was not her face she worried about, but she apparently did have lipo on thights and stomach.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #137  
Old 08-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by carinthia View Post
I really hope for letizia that she will not copy the cosmetic surgery standards of the duchess de alba.....of course there could have been serious medical reasons, but if it had not been for, you must consider the psychological background for her decision. does she have an unsettled or insecure personality? I am not sure at all about her motivation for her new nose.
Try so that she could breathe better.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #138  
Old 08-24-2008, 12:43 PM
MissSaga's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post

But it is a pity, there are a lot on a superficial person to call her like that, and it is OBVIOUS that Princess Letizia would never be A SUPERFICIAL PERSON she has shown it in her everyday lifetime and in her role as a Princess.
She never waste her money in very EXPENSIVE cloth as other Royals,
Nothing famous marks as prada, versace, valentino and so on, She really works hard for her new role as a Princess of Asturias, and we never see her on vacations except for the summer ones which are a tradition in the spanish royal family, while there are others one who spend the entire year traveling here and there, her dutues are poor ..
.. YET she had a nose-job !
You might want to look superficial up the dictionnary, it has nothing to do with if you are hardworking or not, or if you take long vacations or not.
At least here, it has nothing to do with the context of this thread.
And I stick to my opinion, a person who has comestic surgery, yes, is very superficial, because she cares about how she looks so much that she will get operated for it, and spend a lot of money on it.
-btw, i know many people who have had plastic surgery, including my mother, so i am not critisizing it, but however i stick to my opinion and conclude, that Letizia must indeed be very image-conscious and superficial, as she had this nose-job. I don't believe a word of the "medical reasons" excuse.
I also think it's stupid/a shame she did it.
Just My Opinion.
__________________
Why do all good things come to an end ?
  #139  
Old 08-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: , Italy
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
Well, thank God is just YOUR imagination, nothing real, just SPECULATION, WHAT you said.
Dear catango, I was the person on this forum who noticed her nose surgery. The news was true, wasn't it? By the way, septorhinoplasty is frequently combined with chin correction in order to improve respiration problem.
__________________
  #140  
Old 08-24-2008, 12:46 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,943
This topic seems to be getting pretty heated so I think I'll throw my opinion in!
Personally I don't care if Letizia had a nose job for cosmetic or medical reasons. It is her body and I suppose she can do what she wants with it.
What I find quite amusing is the way members seem to do battle with their respective favourite princesses. The topic is about Letizia's surgery, nobody elses!
People who accept it are entitled to say it but so are those who disagree why start saying things like well my princess is still way better than your princess.
Letizia I'm sure has met Maxima and Rania and Mary on many occasions. I'm sure if they saw how people were fighting over who was better they would laugh too!
__________________

__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
Closed Thread

Tags
letizia, surgery


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Juan Carlos Undergoes Lung Surgery in Barcelona: May 8, 2010 lula King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia 113 03-07-2011 05:04 PM
Queen Rania undergoes medical heart procedure: September 27, 2010 Rossina King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family 113 10-06-2010 02:47 AM
Queen Sofia's Co-operation Trip to Cambodia: February 18-23, 2008 Paty King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia 31 02-29-2008 10:17 AM
The Prince and the Princess of Asturias IN Asturias (2003-2004) Alexandria King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family 43 09-02-2004 12:26 PM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]