The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga7777 View Post
I think they did and she appeared in an act with the plaster on her leg. She also visited Holland and so on. There´s a need to arrange certain things for this kind of events. I believe I remember she took like a golf car or something like that and she went with Queen Beatrix in it, so in my opinion they considered the distance long enough for her but not so long or convenient for a conventional car plus all security measures this brings. I mean there´s tons of things to organise that do not appeared in photos and a significant amount of work for other people. That´s why they inform of these issues,

It´s as plain and simple as this: if they would have informed about the schedule surgery (the British Royal Household gave information about Chamilla having an hysterectomy, for instance) everyone would know she´s in hospital and they would understand her not appearing visiting the victims yesterday or visiting the victims yesterday with very heavy make up. It´s simply that. But there was no statement UNTIL rumours went wild, why so much secrecy?

It´s easy to understand that if you cannot go to work and you say you are sick, you are sick. What´s the problem?
Like I said before, the Jordanian house hadn't said when exactly Rania broke her leg, I only knew that when she showed up at an engagement. It's perfectly understandable that the SRF didn't announce Letizia's procedure yesterday right before her visit to the hospitals, it would be unrespectful for the victims and their families since her procedure might turn out to be the talk, not the visit, the victims or their families (I know how pathetic some of the TV shows are in Spain).
Letizia did go to visit the victims yesterday. The procedure had been done for a week, she looked well enough to do the act. If she didn't, the SRF probably would have given the explanation yesterday. I didn't notice at all her makeup was heavy, her mother-in-law also wore makeups. Except for a few talks on the internet, I didn't see any rumors in the media until the announcement, otherwise it would have been lots of press articles on her possible surgery.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Commoner

I'm shocked by the pitiful comments of some pitiful people. She's dishonest, she's vain, she this, she's that. If they don't like her, well that's fine but they will use any excuse to insult her no matter what she does; that just show the kind of people THEY are.

Years ago, I had to go through surgery for the same reasons, a deviated septum, and the doctor who was a friend of mine (so I know he wasn't lying), said that most people get their noses re-touched in that operation. It doesn't add that much to the bill and it doesn't take long. I didn't change my nose, but when I look back, sometimes I wish I had. So what if she did!

Old 08-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
No matter what is said, there are ones who will defend her 'till the end, and others who will not accept anything as just black and white. Let's be respectful of each other's views. That's the fun of this forum.
Yes and other who will criticize her to the end too.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I'm inclined to believe that the surgery was primarily for the exact reasons that the SRF offered. Letizia's always struck me as a confident woman, and I'd be surprised if a woman with as happy a home life as she seems to have would worry too much about something like the shape of her nose.

That said, it does look like the surgery had an effect on the way her nose looks. I just doubt that was the most important reason for the operation.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I don't see any problem with her nose job. To be honest, I think the new nose looks just Perfect. Congratulations to Letizia's doctors haha!

I believe everyone has the right to feel better as long they don't do anything that will harm them (spiritually or physically). Letizia made the right decision in order to feel better. Why would someone have to live with an "ugly" nose if they have the chance to change it? A nose job is the same as changing your hair colour...
Old 08-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

i personally don't believe the zarzuela version behind the surgery (why not just admit it was because of esthetical issues?) but i see nothing wrong in letizia getting her nose done. it's obviously her own body and certainly something that concerns 0% her role as princess: as long as she looks dignified and appropriate for her role, that's all it matters and where the public opinion's liberty finishes.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas View Post
I can't understand why a nose job is ranked as a major health issue. If the lady had surgery to fix a heart condition, that's major. But breathing?

Well, breathing is important too...
Old 08-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Even if it was only for esthetical reasons, she was right to do it
Old 08-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Commoner

She probably was being sarcastic. I mean, no one's that stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Well, breathing is important too...
Old 08-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Courtier

There is a picture on the Spanish Royal website that shows her nose very well. If you will look it appears one nostril is much smaller than the other. My husband was like that and he could not breathe at all on one side.

The picture is about 3/4 of the way down. It is a picture from China where she is looking up at the Prince. I think the date is July 2006. I do not think it was vanity at all. I think she was having problems breathing.

http://spaansekoningshuis.web-log.nl...t_l/index.html
Old 08-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Commoner

I see what you're saying. It's the second picture from this link:
http://spaansekoningshuis.web-log.nl...7/china_4.html
Old 08-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Courtier

Thank you! I am glad you see it too.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
There is a picture on the Spanish Royal website that shows her nose very well. If you will look it appears one nostril is much smaller than the other. My husband was like that and he could not breathe at all on one side.

The picture is about 3/4 of the way down. It is a picture from China where she is looking up at the Prince. I think the date is July 2006. I do not think it was vanity at all. I think she was having problems breathing.

http://spaansekoningshuis.web-log.nl...t_l/index.html
you are right, in this picture (second in the link) it's quite evident: http://spaansekoningshuis.web-log.nl...7/china_4.html
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
Thank you! I am glad you see it too.
No, thank you for posting the link.

That can actually be painful. Probably my nostrils used to look like hers on the picture (I had the same thing). I didn't have problems breathing but sometimes breathing was painful in one of my nostrils, it was like breathing very cool air and my mom said that I was a snoring baby, probably because of that too.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Gentry

ooh it's so tough being a genius!
Old 08-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maca View Post
She probably was being sarcastic. I mean, no one's that stupid.
Sarcastic or not, it is important and it's better that the condition be corrected now rather than wait for the woman to keel over and faint because she couldn't breathe.

Maybe it did take a long time before they diagnosed the condition because shortness of breath can be a symptom to several other conditions/illnesses.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Royal Highness

Well, I don't care if she had a nose job or not, that's her personal choice. I hope the Princess is in more comfort now, because I've heard that deviated septums can make it quite hard to breathe sometimes.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

well i think is a good excuse!
Old 08-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Courtier

Having a nose job or not I don't really care as long as she's doing a fantastic job and helping her husband serve Spain. I'm no SPanish but let's see how the Spanish media reacts to this news. Was Letizia heavily criticized in the Spanish newspapers now for having her nose done for medical reasons? I would love to know that.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:54 AM
Courtier

All in all, she had a nose job. It's the end of summer - a real down time - no official events planned for a while - good time to have the surgery done. Then the airplane crash and Letizia is forced to appear in public (if she had not appeared then there would have been even more rumors). In the video in one of the posts her face looks swollen and she looks just different. Because of the plane crash and Letizia having to make a public appearance and the surgery being so obvious, the SRF had to issue a statement regarding the surgery. I am sure that Letizia was hoping to ease back into her royal duties this Fall without anyone noticing a thing.
Please don't slam me, but I don't like the new nose. You are born with the nose which fits your face. She could have corrected the "deviated septum" and not changed the shape of her nose.

Tags
letizia, surgery