The Princess of Asturias Undergoes Operation for Respiratory Problems: August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some of us are being very critical of this lady. Maybe she did it for medical reasons, or maybe she was uncomfortable with her appearance and just wanted to feel better about how she looked. (I shudder to think what would have been said had she gotten breast implants.) She certainly gets a lot of criticism about her appearance, so maybe this was a way to cope with that.

And I don't know how we can say that she has a "dark side." I don't think any of us know her.

Letizia has definitely had nose surgery. You can see the difference in the photos. She is trying to stay in back of Felipe - not pushing herself forward - hair hanging in her face - the works.
The plastic surgery is very, very subtle --- not much of a change but just enough. The surgeon probably operated inside of her nose. She did not have drastic work done and so no black eyes, visible swelling, etc. like with a face lift.
Lots of celebrities use the term "deviated septum" as an excuse for a nose job.
The reason that Letizia didn't have the operation ages ago (maybe before Felipe) is that a good nose operation can be hideously expensive. I am sure that Letizia used the best of plastic surgeons and that the expense was very high.

I remember reading about Princess Diana moaning about wanting a nose job but knowing how the public and press would react, she didn't dare do it. And I think that she wanted to REALLY reshape her nose.

I doubt very strongly that King Juan Carlos would not let her daughter-in-law to do a nose operation just for beauty reasons.

Medical reasons? Did she snore too? She has become very vain. She should be honest and say that she did it for cosmetic reasons. We are not that naive!!!!!

I doubt very strongly that King Juan Carlos would not let her daughter-in-law to do a nose operation just for beauty reasons.

So she did it at the expense of the Spanish peopl? Is that what you are trying to say?

So she did it at the expense of the Spanish peopl? Is that what you are trying to say?

I tried to say that king Juan Carlos wouldn´t ever let Letizia do the nose operation just for beauty reasons, not in anybody´s expense. Letizia did her nose operation for health reasons. Sorry if you didn´t understand. Is it so impossible, that also the royal people have different kinds of health problems?

AFP/Spain's Princess Letizia undergoes nose surgery: Royal Palace

The Princess defently made a nose job!
look into the picture...... she has got a lot of make up and under that make up
you see that the eyes are swolen up...

...it could also be to that she made a chin operation..when you look at the befor/after pictures.

Letizia isn't a honest person. She has a dark side, very dark, I can't believe the "medical reasons" that is a excuse.

I had a nose surgery too, I know how is that.
I would love to hear of your honest reasons for thinking that Letizia is not an honest person. Do you believe that she steals or lies? Do you believe that her "dark side" means that she is part of devil or has a bad ulterior motive for marrying Felipe,; such as wanting to overthrow the Spanish Royal Family?

I know that you have strong feelings for feeling the way you do, could you tell me why so that I understand?

The Princess defently made a nose job!
look into the picture...... she has got a lot of make up and under that make up
you see that the eyes are swolen up...

...it could also be to that she made a chin operation..when you look at the befor/after pictures.

We all know that she has had a nose operation, because the Spanish Royal Family sent a press release, in which they told about that.

Poor Letizia :ermm:
She wanted to be a beautiful but now... Her eyes, her nose ...Maybe in future we'll see her face young and beautiful :angel:
What did she do to her eyes?

We don't have to wait for her to look beautiful, I think that she is nice looking both before and after her marriage.

If she really had a nose job (did casa real confirm this?) I guess it had a medical background and she decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. A cosmetic-only background would be stupid because it sends out the wrong message and the pain/result ratio in Letizia's case is minimal. Honestly, does her nose look so much better now? I thought it always matched her chin and somehow made her face, the person she is. I don't know if she had done more but the most apparent thing to me is that now her complete face looks somehow strange and fake and I hope that the nose, when we have clearer pictures, doesn't turn out to be this usual fake-operated-prototype-nose that the Ivana Trumps of this world usually show off.

What me strikes though is that the people I know who had an operation for medical reasons were not anywhere near running around after a few days as if nothing had happened.

Medical reasons? Did she snore too? She has become very vain. She should be honest and say that she did it for cosmetic reasons. We are not that naive!!!!!
Maybe she did snore or have other problems. Just because a person is married into the Royal family (or even born Royal as W-A with his medical condition) it doesn't mean that they cannot have health problems. They should have them taken care of, just as we do, to ensure a better way of life. I don't consider that vain, I consider that intelligent.

A serious question for folks who don't hold Letizia in high regard:

Someone like me looks at Letizia and sees a serious hardworking woman, which predisposes me to like her.

Some other folks see her and see something else which informs their opinion (Like Roxsteve - you think she is vain etc. some other folks think she has a dark side)

I'm trying to understand what do you see that informs your negative perception of her? What am I missing? What do you see that I don't?

In the absence of his understanding this, folks like me often have an emotional, dismissive response to your posts (classical response: they just hate Leti)

I do not think the reasons for Crown Princess Letizia's surgery really matter. There will be people, who believe the official explanations, and people, who do not believe these official explanations. As said many times before, each person is entitled to his/her opinion. Crown Princess Letizia has had her personal reasons to do this surgery. Thus, I do not question her decision.

Hate is a strong word. I personally don't hate her, but I am tired of her excuses to do things. If she had medical problems, why did she wait so long to do it? She did not have this problem before Felipe? Why can't she be honest and say, I just wanted to do it because it would look better. There is nothing wrong with it, but just say it! I personally don't care one way or another, but to put her up on a pedestal, no thank you.

i am sure she will face criticism from some parts of the spanish media especially in light of the recent event - hopefully however they will accept it has been a medical condition.

I agree. It's not Letizia's fault but the nose job is an unlucky coincidence with the air plane crash ... people will be annoyed that such a superficial topic will make headlines now and distract from things that really matter, the personal tragedies of Madrid airport.

When the Royal Court has gone public and made the announcement that Letizia had to go through an operation to fix a respiratory problem then i think we should accept that statement.
Afterall they never had to make an announcement and could have kept it a private matter.

Hate is a strong word. I personally don't hate her, but I am tired of her excuses to do things. If she had medical problems, why did she wait so long to do it? She did not have this problem before Felipe? Why can't she be honest and say, I just wanted to do it because it would look better. There is nothing wrong with it, but just say it! I personally don't care one way or another, but to put her up on a pedestal, no thank you.

Duh!!! Who would have thought that upon marriage, all her biological/physiological functions came to a standstill

There is no possibility that in the past 4-5 years, her situation may have been exacerbated needing medical intervention?

Also, if she was so fashion/beauty conscious, don't you think she would make better choices for her dowdy wardrobe for which she gets criticism day in, day out?

Spanish pink press is going to eat her alive for this

When I look at her she suddenly brings memories of Julio Iglesias and his nose. I'm suddenly remembering an Eastenders actress as well.

I find so hard to believe she had the nose job done after having respiratory problems as she didn´t seem to have any until now and more considering that the Royal Household has never had a problem talking about other medical events that were scheduled. I mean everyone knows whether the King has had his annual health check and other surgeries that were program to happened. There's never been a delay or lack of information about them as it happened now, the statement from the Royal Household has come out only after rumors seem to have gone wild in Madrid.

I find so hard to believe this version considering how the septum in adults only gives problems in very specific situations, like physical accidents and she doesn´t seem to have had any of those in recent times. :ermm:

I'm so sorry for all the ones that want Fairy tales because this is not one, and that's for sure,

Maybe she did it because there were some caricatures in the past who made fun about her chin and her nose all the time. It made her really look like some kind of a witch sometimes and that is really not her fault.
I´d say she looked always a little angular from profile after she lost so much weight.
Maybe she just doesn´t dare in a way to confess she had some "beauty-surgery" or how you say that.
Sometimes I feel sorry for that poor woman. I mean: I still can´t forgive her that she married this smart Felipe, that she´s divorced, that she´s not given birth to a boy at first a. so.
But I know it´s slowly not fair. I should leave her alone by now.
And she will be again critizised for having her nose done no matter what she confesses: No matter whether it was done for more beauty or for respiration. People won´t stop critizising her. I for myself have decided to do so now. Let´s all make our peace with her.....

That woman has not married a fairy tale prince, she has married into a political institution. One very important in my country, this is not a fairy tale this is politics and it affects the daily life of millions.

A beauty problem makes no difference in my country whatsoever, a health one in that institution makes. If the King is sick is important and if there is no problem in saying when he goes to his annual health test, as there is no problem in saying when George Bush has a health issue, one day delay after rumors going wild it´s a major mistake. Give explanations only once you can not hide something IS an issue. Her "beauty" issue should not have been hidden as it´s going to make rumors even more wild she should´ve informed in advanced, she belongs to an institution she´s not a model.

I didn´t see the same treatment of events when Rania broke her leg, what´s the secrecy for? Why so late if it was something scheduled?

I don´t know if it´s official or not Rania´s nose job, but she was not a very public figure she did it and once she became more public when she´s had a health issue there´s been no secrecy when it´s been a major one. And this was a major one

I don't see any royal house reporting problems such as respiratory problems (I know people have the problem and haven't done the operation yet), if someone has cancer or heart attack, we will probably know before being admitted to the hospital. I'm pretty sure all the royals have annual health check, we only hear the King's, in some other countries, we don't even hear anything. If someone has a flu or cold, I doubt we will hear anything unless he/she has missed an official engagement and has to provide an explanation, there is no difference among various countries. Did the Jordanian house make an annoucement right after Rania break her leg ? If they did, perhaps they did this since it was right before an official trip.
Anyway, the SRF chose to make an annoucement and they didn't have to.

I can't understand why a nose job is ranked as a major health issue. If the lady had surgery to fix a heart condition, that's major. But breathing?

No matter what is said, there are ones who will defend her 'till the end, and others who will not accept anything as just black and white. Let's be respectful of each other's views. That's the fun of this forum.

I can't understand why a nose job is ranked as a major health issue. If the lady had surgery to fix a heart condition, that's major. But breathing?

Exactly. So far no face lifting operation has been reported from other royal houses :lol:.

The respiration problem is just a half-true. Septoplasty DOESN'T change the shape of nose because the prosedure is performed inside the nose through nostrils. The surgeon straights the septum what isn't visible outwardly. Straightening of nose and nasal hump removing is rhinoplasty and not nasal septum surgery. When nasal septum is straighted is septoplasty. Septoplasty is often combined with rhinoplasty. Actually it's a 2 in 1 surgery. It happend to Letizia. She had combined surgery septoplasty (brespiration problem) and rhinoplasty( aesthetic problem).

Here are some links about two surgeries. You can read in first link. SEPTOPLASTY USUALLY DOESN'T THE CHANGE OUTWARD APPEARENCE OF YOUR NOSE ( THIS IS WHAT A RHINOPLASTY DOES AND TWO ARE SOMETIMES PERFOMED TOGETHER).

http://www.obstructednose.com/nasal_treatment_deviated_septum.html

http://www.houstonfaces.com/septoplasty.asp

http://www.content4reprint.com/beauty/rhinoplasty-and-nose-surgery-to-enhance-your-appearance.htm

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/rhinoplasty_hump.html

I don't see any royal house reporting problems such as respiratory problems (I know people have the problem and haven't done the operation yet), if someone has cancer or heart attack, we will probably know before being admitted to the hospital. I'm pretty sure all the royals have annual health check, we only hear the King's, in some other countries, we don't even hear anything. If someone has a flu or cold, I doubt we will hear anything unless he/she has missed an official engagement and has to provide an explanation, there is no difference among various countries. Did the Jordanian house make an annoucement right after Rania break her leg ? If they did, perhaps they did this since it was right before an official trip.
Anyway, the SRF chose to make an annoucement and they didn't have to.

I think they did and she appeared in an act with the plaster on her leg. She also visited Holland and so on. There´s a need to arrange certain things for this kind of events. I believe I remember she took like a golf car or something like that and she went with Queen Beatrix in it, so in my opinion they considered the distance long enough for her but not so long or convenient for a conventional car plus all security measures this brings. I mean there´s tons of things to organise that do not appeared in photos and a significant amount of work for other people. That´s why they inform of these issues,

It´s as plain and simple as this: if they would have informed about the schedule surgery (the British Royal Household gave information about Chamilla having an hysterectomy, for instance) everyone would know she´s in hospital and they would understand her not appearing visiting the victims yesterday or visiting the victims yesterday with very heavy make up. It´s simply that. But there was no statement UNTIL rumours went wild, why so much secrecy?

It´s easy to understand that if you cannot go to work and you say you are sick, you are sick. What´s the problem?

It may not necessarily be a case of secrecy as the Princess had scheduled some time off around the surgery. No one was expecting a plane to go down so horribly. As a member of the royal family, she would be expected to attend the services. Seems to me it's not such a consipiracy was it's being made out to be. It probably seems like a private matter for her to take care of, not a national circus.

what am i reading??? Did princess letizia had a nose job??? why is that?? i dont understand??!!:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom