The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, there is a picture of her wedding which I recently looked at, whilst I was looking up info about the Queen for my sister, (she is a teacher and needed some facts) I came across a picture of Letizia on her wedding day, just her face, hair pulled away, her upper teeth were definitly more overlapping, I have never posted a picture, (well there is definitly a first time for everything...)I will look for apic and try to post it. Somtimes results of oral or orthosurgery are so subtle, you don't notice it, you just see something better about the individuals apearance. Letizia could have done the procedure a while ago, yet only now under scrutiny of the press with her nose job I noticed it. I feel bad for her, she was ridiculed for her long nose, and is being criticized for getting rid of it. I am grateful for being anonymous middle class individual believe me.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I haven't noticed myself.
I do not notice different in her chin but it seems that Auntie was present while Letizia was being operated

Old 09-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
I do not notice different in her chin but it seems that Auntie was present while Letizia was being operated
I appreciate your humour, I hope it wasn't malicious as I am just talking facts here, w/o feelings (good or bad)
Old 09-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
Yes, there is a picture of her wedding which I recently looked at, whilst I was looking up info about the Queen for my sister, (she is a teacher and needed some facts) I came across a picture of Letizia on her wedding day, just her face, hair pulled away, her upper teeth were definitly more overlapping, I have never posted a picture, (well there is definitly a first time for everything...)I will look for apic and try to post it. Somtimes results of oral or orthosurgery are so subtle, you don't notice it, you just see something better about the individuals apearance. Letizia could have done the procedure a while ago, yet only now under scrutiny of the press with her nose job I noticed it. I feel bad for her, she was ridiculed for her long nose, and is being criticized for getting rid of it. I am grateful for being anonymous middle class individual believe me.
Thank you for replying. I very much appreciate it.

If you're able to post the photo, that would be great but thanks for trying if you can't.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Thank you for replying. I very much appreciate it.

If you're able to post the photo, that would be great but thanks for trying if you can't.
I will try to find link to the photo
Old 09-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Courtier

Do you think that maybe Letizia also had a skin peeling or laser treatment on her skin?
Her face just looks different and I can't pinpoint where the difference lies besides the nose operation --- her skin looks very, very smooth - especially after the sun and wind in Majorca this summer -
Old 09-17-2008, 03:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Do you think that maybe Letizia also had a skin peeling or laser treatment on her skin?
Her face just looks different and I can't pinpoint where the difference lies besides the nose operation --- her skin looks very, very smooth - especially after the sun and wind in Majorca this summer -
Due to Olympics and the nose operation, she only spent few days in Mallorca and never got the suntan she usually had in the previous years. I don't think her face looks any different other than the nose this time. She has had smooth skin before the summer break.

For example:
Image Results
Old 09-17-2008, 05:26 AM
Nobility

I support auntie. For my eyes there is a change. Perhaps some people register changes, others do not. Wether it is her teeth, jaw, smile, eyebrows, cheeks or make-up, it is impossible to say and without facts it is none of my business. (However, I admit that it's a visual mystery that one would like to solve. ) I tend to believe that propably something like orthodontic treatment has taken place before the nose operation. A tiny little change, corrected position of your tooth, can affect your look. Everyone is free to make comparisons of pictures taken between last October and July this summer (in other threads like Princess Letizia's Current Events: Part 12, post 40 in October 2007).
Old 09-17-2008, 06:36 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Letizia had her teeth done a while ago. Up into the first year of her marriage or even longer she had an ugly dark tooth (3rd or 4th left upper jaw) that was done or even replaced. When she does a really wide smile it can easily be seen that the front row of the upper jaw is much whiter than the rest back down - she probably had a whitening procedure. Nothing wrong with that, I think it's important that people whose main job is to smile and who are mainly judged by their looks and not by the work they do don't have teeth that put people off (similar examples in other royal families).

IMO her whole face looks refined, not only the nose. The gaunt and haggard look has gone, her face is quite full now, probably due to botox or filling treatments, whilst the rest of the body remains the usual size zero.

I find it sad especially for a woman like Letizia who IMO did have some potential to be recognized for her work but it wasn't meant to be. All that remains are looks, the most exciting question is what is she wearing today because there is nothing else to look or ask for, and I guess the particulary harsh critizism during the first half of 2008 from the spanish media on how bad she looked, face & clothes, finally took its toll on her. It's not enough to have a full "work" schedule that more or less consists of dangling along on Felipe's arm who has to attend the opening of every sardine can in the country to remind people that he would make a good heir if the self imposed aim is being taken seriously for work and not such shallow things like clothes etc. The new nose, face & change to a more "youthful" style show that this aim was too high too reach - and it's still better to be recognized as a good looking accessory than a bad looking accessory. The really sad thing is that this development might not be Letizia's fault, she's only the victim of a strange strategy or poor media handling by the people in charge.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

You shouldn´t make me laugh so early in the morning..... (the opening of sardine cans?)
Actually you have a very good point, she does nothing but pose and dangle on her husband´s arm. I think the poor woman got the fright of her life when she had that disastrous engagement interview and told her fiance, who happened to be the Crown Prince, to keep quiet.... She disappeared from public view for a while after that and has been very careful after that. Probably had a crash course on Royal etiquette (poor thing!)
Old 09-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

To compare: Before and after
http://i35.tinypic.com/72akqc.jpg
(Reuters, Bulls)

Old 09-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Aristocracy

A small article from bild.de in English with a small gallery too can be found here:- Princess Letizia of Spain has royal cosmetic surgery - Bild.de
Old 09-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
(Reuters, Bulls)

Her chin is the same, her nose is more straight, we knew that already.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
(Reuters, Bulls)
Her chin looks the same to me.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
You shouldn´t make me laugh so early in the morning..... (the opening of sardine cans?)
Actually you have a very good point, she does nothing but pose and dangle on her husband´s arm. I think the poor woman got the fright of her life when she had that disastrous engagement interview and told her fiance, who happened to be the Crown Prince, to keep quiet.... She disappeared from public view for a while after that and has been very careful after that. Probably had a crash course on Royal etiquette (poor thing!)
There are always people who like to make a mountain out of a molehill. She said 'let me finish, my love' when being interrupted, didn't Maxima also call her fiance 'behaved stupidily', not many made a big deal out of her lacking any sort of Royal etiquette.
I know this is the old old topic. On the job of a princess consort, they all wave, pose, smile, shake hands, make small talks, give small speeches with or without their spouses, that's their job, some are wrapped around more fancy causes or causes supported by the UN, going to conferences twice a year, at the end of the day, they are pretty much doing the same thing, bringing the awarance to the cause by shaking hands, posing for cameras and etc. At least Letizia didn't stay IDLE or holiday more than half of a year. I understand some people want to see her having more solo events, on the other hand, teaming with Felipe, she is able to go to events with more political or culture significant. In the Spanish Constitution, the consort has a more significant role than their European colleagues of being a Regent in case the King dies and the heir is under age, her training surely is not to be a flower pot or a housewife.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Royal Highness

I haven't yet found a close up pic of Letizia smiling on her wedding, I found this from her prewedding event, it shows letizia with a more "goofy" smile. Someone mentioned that she probably had the jaw/teeth job b4 the nose surgery, and they are probably right. When someone does corrective surgery to their jawline, the change is undefinable, people just notice the person looks good, w/o being able to pinpoint what.

I don't think Letizia has to give us a report of every filling she has, yet I personally would have respected her amazingly had she spoken about her hardships with having a long nose, and being in the limelight made it even worse. I don't think anyone is being mean, it just feels as if she is trying to make a fool out of the public saying whatever she said.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I don't think Letizia has to give us a report of every filling she has, yet I personally would have respected her amazingly had she spoken about her hardships with having a long nose, and being in the limelight made it even worse. I don't think anyone is being mean, it just feels as if she is trying to make a fool out of the public saying whatever she said.
That's pretty much your own assumption unless you know for sure she had no deviated septum. Zarzuela only answered the question through the phone (no written notice) raised by a certain sector of press (ex. Hola magazine) calling the press office of Zarzuela, Zarzuela was a making technically correct answer supported by the plastic surgeons. There is absolutely no proof that she had a chin job, even Penafiel changed his mind now and said she didn't do anything to her chin. I don't see the media being very mean to Letizia except for a couple of journalists (ex. Penafiel), then what's the surprise ? They had done that for about 5 years already, however the media does make it like 'a state affair', her nose is the nose of the state (a joke by a journalist). Of course the plastic surgeons are the ones getting the most benefits, so many free advertisements and laughing all the way to the bank .
Old 09-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

In this thread members have been speculating about the plastic surgery of Princess Letizia. The court has only confirmed the operation of the nose of the princess. Talk about other operations is speculation, our rules are rather clear about that:

Quote:
Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.

The explanation of this rule can be found in FAQs which has also been updated as follows:

Quote:
Why aren't I allowed to criticise any of the royals? I thought freedom of speech was a right.

You are allowed to criticise royals, and you do have the right to freedom of speech; both positive and negative opinions about royals are welcome. However, this is a privately owned forum, and participation is contingent on accepting the Social Knowledge Terms of Service, which forbid the use of obscene, vulgar, threatening, abusive, or defamatory language, and the Community Rules, which also forbid unsubstantiated gossip, spamming, and empty posts. Therefore, it's important that you express your criticism carefully. Please note that name-calling and defamatory statements are not made acceptable by the addition of 'IMO' ('in my opinion') or similar expressions. If one of your posts has been removed by a moderator because of the content, it will have been removed because of how you expressed yourself, not simply because you were critical. You're welcome to reword your post to express your opinion within the limits set by our rules.
In compliance with these rules, further mentions & speculations of unconfirmed operations will be deleted without notice.

The Spanish Moderators

Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Aristocracy

I think that after the operation the resemblance between Letizia and little Sofia is more than obvious!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Closed for Moderator Review

Edit [Her_Majesty]: Thread remains closed after members disregarded our warning.

Tags
letizia, surgery