The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

the most obvious thing is not the nose but the strong nasal lines she used to have, they are completely gone. i am not blaming her but it's simply ridiculous to come up with the deviated septum and breathing problems and then all of a sudden not only the shape of the nose is different but also her usual gaunt face looks full and wrinkle-free. she is not the first royal to make use of modern technique to look better etc but then no need to for a silly excuse and take people for a fool, thank you very much.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are there any photos available where her full face shows? Like the one we saw after the airplane crashed. I'd like to see one up close but cannot find any. Can anyone post if there are available? Thank you

Old 09-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Nobility

Odette in the thread of Felipe and Letizia, s events you can see recent photos of princess Letizia.Her nose looks much more natural now than a days ago.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
Odette in the thread of Felipe and Letizia, s events you can see recent photos of princess Letizia.Her nose looks much more natural now than a days ago.
Thanks Camarina, I am running there as fast as I can.....
Old 09-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
If she has such little self-esteem, then she needs a psychiatrist - not a plastic surgeon.
By your arguement, the majority of the royal women out there need a phychiatrist LOL , also many public figures ex. Hillary and her daughter Chelsy.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Courtier

I found this article while looking at a thread on the Danish Royal Family, so it's in Danish, I don't know what it says but it must be about Letizia's new facial profile:

Billed-Bladet - Letizia har fået rettet næsen

Can anyone translate?
Old 09-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just came from the other thread and must admit that the surgery was a great success. It is unfortunate that she had to appear in public after the crash. Should she had stayed out of sight all that time, most would have thought that she gained a bit of weight and her face "filled" up.
Although it is not to be applied to everyone, IMHO those who chase perfection through plastic surgery, should look within before going under the knife.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Commoner

Dear auntie!
My point is that your opinion is an offensive renmark! I wonder, Would you be so brave and tell somebody( face to Face): your nose resembles a pig nose! I'm sure that such a person would be hurt. It seems to me that for you it is easy to offend Princess Letizia because She is a person from magazines. Moreover, her nose looks very well now.Here is the link
Galeras de imgenes
Old 09-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
the most obvious thing is not the nose but the strong nasal lines she used to have, they are completely gone. i am not blaming her but it's simply ridiculous to come up with the deviated septum and breathing problems and then all of a sudden not only the shape of the nose is different but also her usual gaunt face looks full and wrinkle-free. she is not the first royal to make use of modern technique to look better etc but then no need to for a silly excuse and take people for a fool, thank you very much.
She never had strong nasal lines when she was on TV news every night. She might have done some facial treatment, but that was a while ago (before the summer), had nothing to do with this nose surgery. These days, many things other than botox/face lifting can be done to make face look smoothier for a 30 something woman when the skin is still elastic. Public figures who use 'heavy' makeups all the time should all go to see dermatologists, have their faces cleaned periodically IMO. I'm pretty sure many other royals did the same thing. I'm very used to see Cristina's face look 'damaged' after the sailing events in Mallorca (it seems she gives up sailing now, good for her), then going into the fall, her face looked fresh and smooth again . Whenever I saw Rania pop up in Paris, I can't help thinking that she might go to see the same dermatologist Cindy Crawford has been seeing in Paris and Cindy looks so great for her age. Maxima is about the only one out there who looked very wrinkly (Mathilde's skin is even more flawless than Mary's or Letizia's), hey, we might see a new Maxima after this long break ).
Zarzuela was asked by a certain press (probably Hola) on the bruises under Letizia's eyes, they confirmed through the phone that she had septorhinoplasty for the deviated septum. Technically Zarzuela said nothing wrong. Although part of septorhinoplasty is plastic surgery, however that's 90% of the cases done by the doctors for the deviated septum.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Bravo! Both you and the Duke of Marmalade hit it right - Letizia has lost her uniqueness, her beautiful profile pre-surgery had character - she is now looking like many another woman who has had a nose job.
If she has such little self-esteem, then she needs a psychiatrist - not a plastic surgeon.
Self-esteem has nothing to do with her current operation and unless one is a PhD, no one knows when another needs a psychiatrist. In my opinion, that is a malicious statement to make about someone that you do not know personally. Quite spiteful and degrading to pass judgement on anyone else's mental status.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadziaMarta View Post
Dear auntie!
My point is that your opinion is an offensive renmark! I wonder, Would you be so brave and tell somebody( face to Face): your nose resembles a pig nose! I'm sure that such a person would be hurt. It seems to me that for you it is easy to offend Princess Letizia because She is a person from magazines. Moreover, her nose looks very well now.Here is the link
Galeras de imgenes
Letizia looks ravishing in these pics, good for her, yet her profile is too "perfect" imho and I repeat myself when she made the mistake of having a too perfect nose. My sister in law recently had a nose job, she had lost alot of weight after a birth and her nose which had a bump was more noticable, it disturbed her and she had the surgery done too remove the bump suttley, her nose isn't picture perfect, yet better, and too tell you the truth, very suitable to her face. Letizia's nose is very snub, unnatrual, and has something wrong to it's look from the profile. She should have gone for something less perfect, yet more suitable and less of a dramatic change. Am I entitled to my opinion over here?
Old 09-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Courtier

yes, you are, what really matters is that her nose is perfect for her face, it didn't change that much, and she looks spectacular.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Courtier

I agree with you, Catango, Princess Letizia looks BEAUTIFUL, her nose is perfect for her, indeed...

ImageShack - Hosting :: ifaptcdt5.jpg
Old 09-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Self-esteem has nothing to do with her current operation and unless one is a PhD, no one knows when another needs a psychiatrist. In my opinion, that is a malicious statement to make about someone that you do not know personally. Quite spiteful and degrading to pass judgement on anyone else's mental status.
"Self-esteem has nothing to do with her current operation"? You know this for a fact?
I realize that you are a great fan of Letizia - she can do no wrong.
And none of us members will escape your defending her.
I may have been too flippant in my remark, but I will not fawn over her. She has forver changed her beautiful profile that showed fabulous character.
I was not being malicious, spiteful nor degrading - the facts are on the table. Letizia has, unfortunately, opened a can of worms and put herslf into the "Has she?" or "Hasn't she?" category of women who have had face-altering surgery for the rest of her life. She will always be under the microscope.
A visit to a psychiatrist, psycologist or counselor now days is not a stigma. And I am not passing judgment on her mental status.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
I was not being malicious, spiteful nor degrading - the facts are on the table. Letizia has, unfortunately, opened a can of worms and put herslf into the "Has she?" or "Hasn't she?" category of women who have had face-altering surgery for the rest of her life. She will always be under the microscope.
I don't think Letizia will always be under the microscope for the rest of her life just because she made a surgery to her nose... She is the same person as before!
And those who will loose their sleep asking for themselves "Has she?" or "Hasn't she?" are women who don't have anything better to do, IMO, or maybe they have an ugly nose and feel jealous of Letizia's new look

Quote:
A visit to a psychiatrist, psycologist or counselor now days is not a stigma. And I am not passing judgment on her mental status.
And a surgery is not a stigma either.

There is a difference between "to attract" and "to be attractive". I just don't believe Letizia wanted to change the shape of her nose to attract men, but to look more attractive for herself. What's the problem with that?

Old 09-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
"Self-esteem has nothing to do with her current operation"? You know this for a fact?
I may have been too flippant in my remark, but I will not fawn over her. She has forver changed her beautiful profile that showed fabulous character.
It is a lie that I have never found fault with Letizia [ if you will look at all my opinions] but I don't find fault with a persons mental status and there is a stigma to it [even if not political correct] which people still are ashamed to have in their own family. Whether or not she had a deviated septum operation and not a "nose job" is anyone's opinion. I have never had to fawn over anyone or anything in my life, Royal or not, to which I have always been extremely lucky. I like what I like, etc.

I just don't appreciate people making remarks about the mental health of anyone. If you volunteered as many hours as I have with physical and mental health organizations, you really would never make a remark, even if only tongue-in-cheek, towards any illness.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
By saying she should visit a counsellor you are definitely making a judgement on her mental status.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I am also having a problem with Letizia fans not letting me say a word regarding her nose job, which is the point of this thread isn't it? I probably should have not called Letizia's profile "piggish" I admit that was rude, I just couldn't resist when I saw in a few pics how unnaturally snub it was.. I have been working in PR for 12 years in a medical facility, and part of my job includes esthietic dentistry, Letizia has definitely done something corrective to her teeth, not orthodontics, minor surgery perhaps, or prosthetics. Her jaw line was much more protuding.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think lots of people go for counselling about small (and large) problems and they have absolutely no mental health problems just a lack of self esteem. If you are not satisfied with the face you have been given, and it is a perfectly beautiful face perhaps you should get counselling. It is quite a different situation when someone has a real disfigurement, no amount of counselling is going to help them if they havent got the money to change it. I dont think it is judging Letizias mental health, she obviously had a problem with a face that many women would really want to have, but now she has done it she has done it so I can only hope that she is as happy with it as she imagined she would be.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:14 AM
Heir Apparent

My initial concerns have since been put to ease. Having viewed pictures of the Princess these past days, I'm happy to say that it was clearly swelling of the cheeks and brow which changed her appearance, temporarily, and since the swelling has subsided, has returned to what it was prior to the procedure.

She's such a cutie!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Closed Thread

Tags
letizia, surgery