The Princess of Asturias Undergoes Operation for Respiratory Problems: August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear auntie!
My point is that your opinion is an offensive renmark! I wonder, Would you be so brave and tell somebody( face to Face): your nose resembles a pig nose! I'm sure that such a person would be hurt. It seems to me that for you it is easy to offend Princess Letizia because She is a person from magazines. Moreover, her nose looks very well now.Here is the link
Galerías de imágenes

Letizia looks ravishing in these pics, good for her, yet her profile is too "perfect" imho and I repeat myself when she made the mistake of having a too perfect nose. My sister in law recently had a nose job, she had lost alot of weight after a birth and her nose which had a bump was more noticable, it disturbed her and she had the surgery done too remove the bump suttley, her nose isn't picture perfect, yet better, and too tell you the truth, very suitable to her face. Letizia's nose is very snub, unnatrual, and has something wrong to it's look from the profile. She should have gone for something less perfect, yet more suitable and less of a dramatic change. Am I entitled to my opinion over here?;)

yes, you are, what really matters is that her nose is perfect for her face, it didn't change that much, and she looks spectacular.

Self-esteem has nothing to do with her current operation and unless one is a PhD, no one knows when another needs a psychiatrist. In my opinion, that is a malicious statement to make about someone that you do not know personally. Quite spiteful and degrading to pass judgement on anyone else's mental status.

"Self-esteem has nothing to do with her current operation"? You know this for a fact?
I realize that you are a great fan of Letizia - she can do no wrong.
And none of us members will escape your defending her.
I may have been too flippant in my remark, but I will not fawn over her. She has forver changed her beautiful profile that showed fabulous character.
I was not being malicious, spiteful nor degrading - the facts are on the table. Letizia has, unfortunately, opened a can of worms and put herslf into the "Has she?" or "Hasn't she?" category of women who have had face-altering surgery for the rest of her life. She will always be under the microscope.
A visit to a psychiatrist, psycologist or counselor now days is not a stigma. And I am not passing judgment on her mental status.

I was not being malicious, spiteful nor degrading - the facts are on the table. Letizia has, unfortunately, opened a can of worms and put herslf into the "Has she?" or "Hasn't she?" category of women who have had face-altering surgery for the rest of her life. She will always be under the microscope.

I don't think Letizia will always be under the microscope for the rest of her life just because she made a surgery to her nose... She is the same person as before!
And those who will loose their sleep asking for themselves "Has she?" or "Hasn't she?" are women who don't have anything better to do, IMO, or maybe they have an ugly nose and feel jealous of Letizia's new look :D

A visit to a psychiatrist, psycologist or counselor now days is not a stigma. And I am not passing judgment on her mental status.

And a surgery is not a stigma either. :)

There is a difference between "to attract" and "to be attractive". I just don't believe Letizia wanted to change the shape of her nose to attract men, but to look more attractive for herself. What's the problem with that?

:flowers:

"Self-esteem has nothing to do with her current operation"? You know this for a fact?
I may have been too flippant in my remark, but I will not fawn over her. She has forver changed her beautiful profile that showed fabulous character.
It is a lie that I have never found fault with Letizia [ if you will look at all my opinions] but I don't find fault with a persons mental status and there is a stigma to it [even if not political correct] which people still are ashamed to have in their own family. Whether or not she had a deviated septum operation and not a "nose job" is anyone's opinion. I have never had to fawn over anyone or anything in my life, Royal or not, to which I have always been extremely lucky. I like what I like, etc.

I just don't appreciate people making remarks about the mental health of anyone. If you volunteered as many hours as I have with physical and mental health organizations, you really would never make a remark, even if only tongue-in-cheek, towards any illness.

By saying she should visit a counsellor you are definitely making a judgement on her mental status.

I am also having a problem with Letizia fans not letting me say a word regarding her nose job, which is the point of this thread isn't it? I probably should have not called Letizia's profile "piggish" I admit that was rude, I just couldn't resist when I saw in a few pics how unnaturally snub it was.;). I have been working in PR for 12 years in a medical facility, and part of my job includes esthietic dentistry, Letizia has definitely done something corrective to her teeth, not orthodontics, minor surgery perhaps, or prosthetics. Her jaw line was much more protuding.

I think lots of people go for counselling about small (and large) problems and they have absolutely no mental health problems just a lack of self esteem. If you are not satisfied with the face you have been given, and it is a perfectly beautiful face perhaps you should get counselling. It is quite a different situation when someone has a real disfigurement, no amount of counselling is going to help them if they haven´t got the money to change it. I don´t think it is judging Letizia´s mental health, she obviously had a problem with a face that many women would really want to have, but now she has done it she has done it so I can only hope that she is as happy with it as she imagined she would be.

My initial concerns have since been put to ease. Having viewed pictures of the Princess these past days, I'm happy to say that it was clearly swelling of the cheeks and brow which changed her appearance, temporarily, and since the swelling has subsided, has returned to what it was prior to the procedure.

She's such a cutie!

Letizia has, unfortunately, opened a can of worms and put herslf into the "Has she?" or "Hasn't she?" category of women who have had face-altering surgery for the rest of her life. She will always be under the microscope.
I do agree with you that she will be under the microscope, but I don't think she needs a psychiatrist! IMO, she had the cosmetic surgery only because she needed the operation to her sept, and she had both at the same time ( as ahe had an ugly nose). I don' t think Letizia had a big problem with the shape of her nose! Usually people don't wait till Letizia's age for a nose cosmetic job! Anyways, she looks great now! Imo she has a sweeter expression of her face!
I think the only people who need a psychiatrist are Letizia's fans, according to Wikipedia! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_(person)!
Right Pamk, I have noticed that! Winnie, weren't you the one who used to say that all the people who criticize any thing about Letizia are only jealous people?
Like most of the posters of this forum, except the fans, I sometimes criticize and sometimes praise and admire many royals, and I find that sort of judgements very stupid and annoying!
Whether or not she had a deviated septum operation and not a "nose job" is anyone's opinion.
She had both! You can have a deviated septum operation without having a cosmetic surgery. It is well known!

first i was shocked when i heard that letizia had her nose done.
i hope that the official statement is true and that she did it for medical reason. because she should be a role model to many women. so i hope it was just for the medical reason.
i think she still looks beautiful. but she looked also very beautiful with her old nose.

PB, You have a point, but since septorhinoplasty is usually performed on adults, not teenagers, the adults should know what is best for themselves, not blindly copy the others. On the other hand, I always thought the plastic surgeons in Spain would laugh all the way to the bank if Letizia's septorhinoplasty turned out to be a success and it does look like it's. Many Spanish women don't have California sized nose, not that they are blindly copying, it's just human nature to like nice things :).
Anyway, this article talked about people flooding the plastic surgeons' offices, it takes a few months to have an appointment for consultation only. The doc who is rumored to operate Letizia's nose (I think the articles hints the President of the association of the cosmetic surgery) has the demands impossible to meet. I don't know if there is any truth to this article, but it collides with what I thought originally, for fun reading anyway.
El Confidencial Digital - ArtÃ*culo - Los cirujanos plásticos no dan abasto con la avalancha de peticiones para arreglarse la nariz como la princesa Leticia

well, as aforementioned... i hope she did it ONLY for medical reasons... after having seen many famous women having their nose fixed i must say that imo their new straight nose doesn't match with the rest of the face. Especially when the jaw is a little bit pointy... i start to believe that one's nose is the one that suits them best... in addition, Princess Letizia's new nose is a bit wider and looks indeed piggy... i really hope she didn't do it for other reasons... and i really don't think that a deviated septum is such a strong motive for someone to undergo such an operation... it really hurts... and afeter all 99% of us have a septum not that good... :ermm:

and I find that sort of judgements very stupid and annoying!

Good you don't like judgements.

You can have a deviated septum operation without having a cosmetic surgery. It is well known![/quote]

Ok, so what's your conclusion? That Letizia is too vain? That Letizia cares too much about her look? Are you sure you're not judging Letizia?... :)

in addition, Princess Letizia's new nose is a bit wider and looks indeed piggy...

Maybe I need glasses but I've googled "Pig pictures" and I haven't see any pig's nose similar to Letizia's nose... so I am a bit confused about the meaning of "piggy nose".

I think Letizia's nose is similar to princess Grace's nose. I like it very much.

I think lots of people go for counselling about small (and large) problems and they have absolutely no mental health problems just a lack of self esteem. If you are not satisfied with the face you have been given, and it is a perfectly beautiful face perhaps you should get counselling. It is quite a different situation when someone has a real disfigurement, no amount of counselling is going to help them if they haven´t got the money to change it. I don´t think it is judging Letizia´s mental health, she obviously had a problem with a face that many women would really want to have, but now she has done it she has done it so I can only hope that she is as happy with it as she imagined she would be.

Thank you! You put it very nicely and I couldn't agree more.

in addition, Princess Letizia's new nose is a bit wider and looks indeed piggy... :

Is a wider nose "piggy" looking? I am sure you do not mean that since there are many people with wider noses and they are not "piggy" at all.

I'd rather leave the ethical side alone (although personally I see nothing wrong with rhinoplasty), but based on the pictures provided here, Letizia's nose does look better. If she was uncomfortable with it, ad especially if there were any medical problems, what's wrong with the surgery?

I saw a picture in a magazine yesterday showing Letizia with a straight nose. The curve is gone. Whatever the reason was that she had the operation, she looks even better now, in my opinion. Gorgeous!

Good you don't like judgements.

Ok, so what's your conclusion? That Letizia is too vain? That Letizia cares too much about her look? Are you sure you're not judging Letizia?... :)
Relax Regina, I have never said she is vain. On the contrary. As I wrote in my post, that you don't seem to have read, I said that IMO Letizia didn't have a big problem with her nose and obviously she had the cosmetic surgery only because she was supposed to have the operation to the sept. IMO, she is not vain and she has never wanted a cosmetic surgery when she was younger, otherwise she would have had it before, not at her age, not now. IMO, when she knew she needed an operation to the sept, she decided she could have also a cosmetic surgery!
All over the world, when a person needs an operation to the sept and if they don't have a perfect nose, the surgeons always suggest them to have a cosmetic surgery too.
I really can't understand why you think I meant she is vain? On the contrary!
Have a nice day!

I agree with you Giov.
I also think that doctors advised letizia undergo the operation and she used it to soften her profile. Anyway I do not see a big change in Letizia's face, it is true that her nose is different but in most pictures I see the "usual Letizia".

There's nothing wrong with being vain. As long as one doesn't go too far. I read somewhere that vanity is a sign of good mental health. You've got to be (a little) vain to work on looking good. Looking your best makes you feel good and gives you confidence.
Anyway, like I said, Letizia is even more gorgeous, imo!

Letizia does not have a chin job.
She does not have a scar on her nose because her operation was internal, without making any incision in her skin to lift this.However.... in the case of chin jobs ALWAYS is necessary to open and lift the skin to operate, and after the surgery is visible a scar that takes time to disappear. This was what some experts surgeons said because people thought Letizia had done a chin job and they flatly denied that possibility. You can search carefully for a scar on her chin and you never find it because Letizia never did surgery on her chin.
So .... you do not believe everything media said.

I read about the Princess's surgery in Hello! and I for one am happy that she did it...her nose was the the only flaw in an otherwise beautiful face.
It was simply too large, and I bet once it heals completely she will be just stunning.

Letizia does not have a chin job.
She does not have a scar on her nose because her operation was internal, without making any incision in her skin to lift this.However.... in the case of chin jobs ALWAYS is necessary to open and lift the skin to operate, and after the surgery is visible a scar that takes time to disappear. This was what some experts surgeons said because people thought Letizia had done a chin job and they flatly denied that possibility. You can search carefully for a scar on her chin and you never find it because Letizia never did surgery on her chin.
So .... you do not believe everything media said.
She may not have had a chin job, but she defintely had corrective something to her jaw line, it isn't produding anymore, and she didn't have braces or a head gear. I know, I have been working for 12 years PR in a medical facility and I promote these procedures. Yeah 12 years, I should recognize when I see it. If you look at close ups from her wedding you will see the difference. This could be the cause of people thinking she had a chin job as it really changes the appearance. I recently looked at the book I have from people "royals, their lives etc. there is a picture where you can see her being quite "bucked" teeth, which is a result of a protuding jaw line.

her nose was the the only flaw in an otherwise beautiful face.

I for one thought her quite beautiful before the operation. And she remains just as beautiful now, imo.

She may not have had a chin job, but she defintely had corrective something to her jaw line, it isn't produding anymore, and she didn't have braces or a head gear. I know, I have been working for 12 years PR in a medical facility and I promote these procedures. Yeah 12 years, I should recognize when I see it. If you look at close ups from her wedding you will see the difference. This could be the cause of people thinking she had a chin job as it really changes the appearance. I recently looked at the book I have from people "royals, their lives etc. there is a picture where you can see her being quite "bucked" teeth, which is a result of a protuding jaw line.

Auntie ..... the jaw line of Letizia has not undergone any correction. Like surgeons say:if she had undergone a surgery on her chin (or jaw line), it would have been visible on the day that Letizia had to unexpectedly appear in the media because of the accident of Barajas( Her jaw is free of scars)
Sometimes it is not necessary experience in a field, but common sense.

Auntie ..... the jaw line of Letizia has not undergone any correction. Like surgeons say:if she had undergone a surgery on her chin (or jaw line), it would have been visible on the day that Letizia had to unexpectedly appear in the media because of the accident of Barajas( Her jaw is free of scars)
Sometimes it is not necessary experience in a field, but common sense.
Let me put this strait: I admire Letizia, she is a smart, ambitious energetic woman. She had a unique face b4 surgery, and she looks ravishing now, and also happy, yet I am very sorry to tell you that she did correct something about her jawline/teeth/smile. There are a few ways to do so, one is orthodontics, which can incl. wearing at appliances night, another could be surgery, whic is preformed inside the mouth, no scars are visable on the face, they are all internal, there could be a slight swelling. According what I saw of her in the past and her great ravishing smile now, she did do corrective something. Today's ortho can be done with wires in the inside of the teeth, with noone noticing besides the patient, but usually at the age of 30+ surgery is needed to have the best results.

yet I am very sorry to tell you that she did correct something about her jawline/teeth/smile.

I haven't noticed myself.

Are you able to provide a comparison or the information you may have acquired, which unreservedly supports your claim? I ask only because until now, I didn't think she had (didn't cross my mind) and would be most interested in having it confirmed...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom