The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Prince and Princess of Asturias and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 08-24-2008, 02:26 PM
MissSaga's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
Didn't you just say that Princess Letizia is superficial, and very selfconcious???, you have stated before that she made a nose job just because of her image, so if you say so, it is because you are trying to say that she made it for improve her physical appereance, that's what you meant before, and now you are telling me that the point isn't that she could look better, come on, to much contradiction.

Don't you think???
NO ! I did not say that she made the nose-job because of her image, because how in the world would I know WHY she made it ?? I concluded/observed, that since/if she had had a nose-job, therefore she must be very superficial. There is a difference. And there is no contradiction.
__________________

__________________
Why do all good things come to an end ?
  #162  
Old 08-24-2008, 02:27 PM
MissSaga's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drottning View Post
I'm sorry but I highly doubt she deliberately lied to the spanish public. She doesn't strike me as being that manipulative and calculating she would excuse a nose job for fixing a deviated septum. Letizia worked in an industry before where looks are valued. If she was as vain and superficial and shallow as some people claim she is, she had a very good opportunity then to fix it. But she didn't.
Perhaps she didn't have the money for it ?
__________________

__________________
Why do all good things come to an end ?
  #163  
Old 08-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher View Post
This is the best point I've seen for why I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt. She has been in the public eye for a decade or so, she could have done this at any time.

But on the other hand, people often think about things for many years before they do them.

But then again, she hasn't looked too well recently--maybe she was having breathing trouble?
Yes, exactly. Why would she do this surgery for cosmetic reasons now when she knows that she is constantly scrutinized? It doesn't make any sense. It just isn't consistent with her behavior in the last 4 years, e.g. boring Varela suits all the time.

Also, how is it reasonable or logical to extrapolate that if a group of people, e.g. celebrities, say that their rhinoplasty was due to medical reasons, then anyone else who does undergo a similar procedure must have done it for the same reason? Some people DO have deviated septums that need correction for medical reasons.

Sleep apnea is also serious and people who suffer from this are not able to get a decent night's sleep as they are constantly waking up. A close relative was diagnosed with this recently and he actually didn't realize what it was until he went to a specialist and was observed overnight. So, while a person may have this problem, they may not actually realize it.
__________________
  #164  
Old 08-24-2008, 02:31 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga View Post
.. YET she had a nose-job !
You might want to look superficial up the dictionnary, it has nothing to do with if you are hardworking or not, or if you take long vacations or not.
At least here, it has nothing to do with the context of this thread.
And I stick to my opinion, a person who has comestic surgery, yes, is very superficial, because she cares about how she looks so much that she will get operated for it, and spend a lot of money on it.
-btw, i know many people who have had plastic surgery, including my mother, so i am not critisizing it, but however i stick to my opinion and conclude, that Letizia must indeed be very image-conscious and superficial, as she had this nose-job. I don't believe a word of the "medical reasons" excuse.
I also think it's stupid/a shame she did it.
Just My Opinion.

I really don't understand you.
__________________
  #165  
Old 08-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by suPeRgiRL! View Post
I think the best thing for us to do is just give her some respect. We do not know her personally, therefore we shouldn't say something bad about someone we do not know.
Moreover, no one here is her doctor or has access to her medical records.
__________________
  #166  
Old 08-24-2008, 02:38 PM
MissSaga's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
I really don't understand you.
No need for those demeaning smilies, it is not my fault that you don't understand what I wrote.
I will say it again then.
A person who has had comestic surgery is , for me, a superficial person. Because that person puts so much importance into her looks, that she gets operated to change it("it", being her looks), and moreover, uses so much money on this change("change", being the operation).
__________________
Why do all good things come to an end ?
  #167  
Old 08-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Drottning's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: La La Land, United States
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga View Post
Perhaps she didn't have the money for it ?
She owned her own apartment and drove an Audi. I may not be knowledgeable in how much a nose job in Spain would cost, but I surmise she could afford one if she chose to do so.
__________________
"Free at last, free at last, free at last. Thank God the Almighty we are free at last"-Martin Luther King
  #168  
Old 08-24-2008, 02:59 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
I follow Princess Letizia almost everyday, and the only Manolo Blahnik that she has wear, were those in Infanta Leonor Christening, and those ones was a GIFT fom Jaime Marichalar Infanta Elena ex husband, He was working for Manolo Blahnik trade mark at that time, so, that is just overrated.
What about the Christian Louboutin shoes the Princess wore in Mallorca, were they a gift aswell? I have nothing against her using cheap or expensive clothes she usually looks lovely. However there is no way of knowing what designer clothes she has in her wardrobe
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
  #169  
Old 08-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
What about the Christian Louboutin shoes the Princess wore in Mallorca, were they a gift aswell? I have nothing against her using cheap or expensive clothes she usually looks lovely. However there is no way of knowing what designer clothes she has in her wardrobe
crm2137, if you are referring to the gladiator shoes, they are from a Spanish brand called Armand Bossi or Bassi.
__________________
  #170  
Old 08-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 723
How did we get off her breathing problems?
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #171  
Old 08-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
How did we get off her breathing problems?
LOL We started with the breathing problems.........no guarantee where we will end up with it....
__________________
  #172  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 57
A presenter of news of tv, gains the sufficient thing they become 50 rinoplastias if she wants...
In fact, any Spanish can, if you have a work... There exists the finanziación of the banks, which is the normal way of doing these things, and I know many persons who have realized it thus....
She might buy the clothes that wanted... Though it(she) was expensive, she(it) is used by much for what ultimately always it(she) would work out cheap...

Certainly she does not spend very much ... not even the half that other princesses....
Which is the critique?
I do not understand anything....
Surely the rinoplastia is cheaper that many dresses(clothes) than take some princess...
I live in a country which government is a parliamentary monarchy, and if the royal family was not expiring with his obligations, if this happens, we will say it loudly...
The operation of the princess does not mean that the Spanish we have to pay any more of the established, for what, with her money she can do what wants...
My own sister had an operation of a esthetics ... and she is the best person of the world...
__________________
  #173  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga View Post
NO ! I did not say that she made the nose-job because of her image, because how in the world would I know WHY she made it ?? I concluded/observed, that since/if she had had a nose-job, therefore she must be very superficial. There is a difference. And there is no contradiction.

Perhaps she didn't have the money for it ?
You don't have to be super rich to have a nose job. She had a nice job, an apartment, a nice car, if she wanted to have a nose job desperately, she certainly would have it done when she was a journalist.
Obviously she is not the first royal woman to have a nose job, will not be the last one. Queen Noor, Rania and Fabiola had made an obvious change to their nose (Fabiola was not so obviuos, but she admitted it in her biography), some other might have made subtle changes without telling the public. Face lifting or botox is rather common among the older generation. Superficial ? Perhaps, then who is not ? As long as one has substance to back it up.
__________________
  #174  
Old 08-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 57
I believe that more superficial iis to speak of the clothes of the different princesses .... and we do it every day...
Whom we are going to criticize? To us themselves?
I prefer speaking on the work of the royal families, but also I write on things as insignificant as the wardrobe....
__________________
  #175  
Old 08-24-2008, 06:52 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
What about the Christian Louboutin shoes the Princess wore in Mallorca, were they a gift aswell? I have nothing against her using cheap or expensive clothes she usually looks lovely. However there is no way of knowing what designer clothes she has in her wardrobe

Yes, you are right, I agree with you, but what make me mad is that some people are just over her just becuse she wanted to fix something that was annoying for her health or just because she wants to feel better about her appereance, WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

And Ferrara is Right they are not Christian Loboutin, they are Armand Bassi a spanish line
__________________
  #176  
Old 08-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: olney, United States
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
This topic seems to be getting pretty heated so I think I'll throw my opinion in!
Personally I don't care if Letizia had a nose job for cosmetic or medical reasons. It is her body and I suppose she can do what she wants with it.
What I find quite amusing is the way members seem to do battle with their respective favourite princesses. The topic is about Letizia's surgery, nobody elses!
People who accept it are entitled to say it but so are those who disagree why start saying things like well my princess is still way better than your princess.
Letizia I'm sure has met Maxima and Rania and Mary on many occasions. I'm sure if they saw how people were fighting over who was better they would laugh too!
Ditto crm2317.
__________________
  #177  
Old 08-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrara View Post
Moreover, no one here is her doctor or has access to her medical records.
Oh Lord, I hope that never happens --- that the Royal's medical records are made public. Yikes! Too much information.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #178  
Old 08-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kirkland, United States
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
As far as I'm aware none of us know the Princess personally so we cannot comment on whether or not she is superficial, we can only provide our opinion based on the impression she gives.
And I'm not so sure Letizia doesn't waste money on designer clothes, her engagement suit was Armani and I have seen her in Jimmy Choo shoes aswell as Manolo Blahnik.
Please, I hope that those ugly peep-toe platform shoes which Letizia owns in every color are not Jummy Choo or Manolo Blahnik shoes!!!

I still believe that Letizia and the SFR believed that that when Letizia resumed royal duties in the fall that the swelling and all would have subsided. That she would look normal and no one would notice anything.
The plane crash happened and Letizia had to appear in public. The SRF issued a hasty press release and now eveyone is speculating and such - the rumors are flying all over the place.
Yes, anyone can have a nose operation, but the best of surgeons charge a large fee. A cheap surgeon and your nose won't look too great. I don't think that Letizia could have afforded the best surgeon pre-Felipe.
And I think that she knew that the longer she waited and the older she became, the hump on her nose would become more pronounced, so she decided to have the operation now - just bad timing.
She has always looked so exotic, now she will look ordinary.
__________________
  #179  
Old 08-25-2008, 02:54 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 629
OMG, I've been away on vacation and this is what I come back to? Anyway, after reading this thread, looking at recent and old photos of Letizia, and my nursing knowledge I think it is true that she did it for "medical reasons". That bump on the bridge of her nose and the other nostril smaller than the other could be the result of a deviated septum. We have a 40 year old patient in the hospital who suffers from a respiratory condition called sleep apnea who has a deviated septum and we put him on a sleep study recently and discussed with him about getting it corrected to facilitate his breathing, and he's getting it in September. Anyway, my point is this thing is serious because breathing is important to us. Roxsteve said, "Letizia will lie till the end and say it was for cosmetic reasons--I think that's what makes me mad. I can care less if she has cosmetic surgery, but don't take us for fools that it was done for medical reasons. Just be honest and say it." Hmmmm, how do you know for sure that she was being dishonest about it? Unless you know them personally and have access to her medical record then you cannot say that at all.
__________________
  #180  
Old 08-25-2008, 04:34 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
I still believe that Letizia and the SFR believed that that when Letizia resumed royal duties in the fall that the swelling and all would have subsided. That she would look normal and no one would notice anything. The plane crash happened and Letizia had to appear in public. The SRF issued a hasty press release and now eveyone is speculating and such - the rumors are flying all over the place.
She has been 'scrutinized' from head to toe, it's impossible the different look of her profile would not be noticed. Zarzuela probably wanted to end the speculations on the possible operation and move on. I think they didn't make the announcement before the visit is due to the nature of the visit and didn't want her nose to be the focus point of the visit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Yes, anyone can have a nose operation, but the best of surgeons charge a large fee. A cheap surgeon and your nose won't look too great. I don't think that Letizia could have afforded the best surgeon pre-Felipe.
And I think that she knew that the longer she waited and the older she became, the hump on her nose would become more pronounced, so she decided to have the operation now - just bad timing.
She has always looked so exotic, now she will look ordinary.
True, but straightening a nose only is rather basic, many surgeons can do it very well. Her old nose was proportional to her face, neither was bulky, her front view had no flaw, other than the hump, there was no major flaw, thus the job should not be a complicated one.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
letizia, surgery


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007- Marengo Royal Jewels 978 04-09-2014 02:34 PM
Delivery of the Title of "Favorite Citizen" of Oviedo to the Princess of Asturias lula Prince and Princess of Asturias and Family 83 11-06-2007 03:05 PM
Best Colour for Princess Letizia of Asturias: July 2005 - December 2006 carlota Archives 29 12-12-2006 09:10 AM
Biography of HRH Princess Letizia of Asturias Anna_R Prince and Princess of Asturias and Family 9 04-30-2005 02:45 PM
News about the Wedding of Prince and Princess of Asturias Josefine Royal Weddings 379 05-22-2004 06:32 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]