The Princess of Asturias First Holy Communion: May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if she was doing a diva and I hadn't noticed the shoes till it was pointed out, but they are horrible shoes IMO. For a occasion such as this I think a normal shoe might be better they did look very tacky I agree

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

To me it looked that the princess of Asturias looked extremely lovely and very happy with her loving family at her first major event. There was nothing tacky in the family's performance, just love, pride and happiness. And I was especially pleased to see who kind and friendly king Juan Carlos was to Letizia's family members.
And we who follow that spanish royal family, know very well that what ever Letizia would have worn yesterday, she would have been the main news at Daily Mail and some spanish gossip magazines.

To me it looked that the princess of Asturias looked extremely lovely and very happy with her loving family at her first major event. There was nothing tacky in the family's performance, just love, pride and happiness. And I was especially pleased to see who kind and friendly king Juan Carlos was to Letizia's family members.
And we who follow that spanish royal family, know very well that what ever Letizia would have worn yesterday, she would have been the main news at Daily Mail and some spanish gossip magazines.

No your right there was nothing tacky about their performance we are just saying her shoes looked tacky IMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Glad to see that the some of the cousins and her aunts were present at home to celebrate Leonor's First Communion. Irene just had hers as well so she and Leonor could "compare notes.";)

The shoes are just an amusing detail of this event, if people are more interested in these than in the girl of the day then then they are a) fashionistas or b) didn't care for the event. Imo.

:previous: I have to admit I did wonder how the "old" Princess of Asturias would act when there was a new one. I thought she might be a bit of a diva, and The Queen of Spain wearing transparent plastic shoes to such an important milestone in her daughter's life, more importantly, in The Princess of Asturias's life, Infanta Leonor's First Communion, just answered my question.

This was the first major "event" and a significant milestone in the new Princess of Asturias life and her mother hit the headlines for wearing an outré pair of plastic shoes just screams "Diva". Tacky!

They are just shoes, if you watch the live coverage, you wouldn't even notice them, certainly much more discreet than some of the over-the-top hats royal women put on their heads at other occasions. If Letizia is a bit of a diva (I thought she tended to hide too much before), so ? Isn't it a 'must' for a woman of her position these days ? Leonor has been the headline in general, but for a certain sector of the press who always cover Letizia's fashion, they put the shoes as the headline, it's quite normal since they need something different in her appearance to talk about.
I actually quite like the shoes, they are fun, give a boring Varela outfit some 'life'.

Last edited:
Letizia's shoes are stealing the show of Leonor's communion, they are all over the news
It would have been better to leave the attention to her daughter, its about Leonor and not her mother for once.

In a few years Leonor will become the IT Girl of Spain and it will be the end of Letizia getting the front pages.

Queen Letizia dons transparent shoes at daughter Leonor's first communion | Daily Mail Online
Actually it is all over due entirely to the media. Silly, but in this day-and-age, they tell us exactly what to focus our attention on and how we should think. We are getting like a bunch of silly sheep.
Nothing in media here about Leonor [probably don't even know who she is except for Spanish community in certain states] and absolutely nothing about shoes. We are up-to-date re Royals only due to this forum and a few similar.

The shoes are just an amusing detail of this event, if people are more interested in these than in the girl of the day then then they are a) fashionistas or b) didn't care for the event. Imo.

You hit the nail on the head on this post. This is the only place I read about the 1950s shoes that Queen wore. Never liked them then even though we all wore at time. Actually were not comfortable.

I hadn't even noticed that Letizia's shoes were transparent before it was pointed out to me.

Congratulations to Leonor upon her communion. :flowers:

Leonor looked delighted to be at her communion which was sweet. I know it wasn't long ago since we last saw her and Sofia (since Easter), but they've both become taller since! Sofia looks as if she's the same height as her older sister now. It was cute to see Leonor answer the press's questions, I agree with those who have said she appears to be confident. Confidence is a great quality for a royal to have.

I wasn't expecting Leonor's maternal grandparents to be there as well, since I read that only six family members were allowed per family, but it's a pleasant surprise. At least Juan Carlos showed up for Leonor's communion. It's just a shame the same couldn't be said at Irene Urdangarin's communion. :ermm:

I don't think she was being a diva the movie cinderella may have been the cause of the shoes. Perhaps her daughters chose those shoes for her to wear

Good grief....

Letizia wore a pair of high heel clear transparent vinyl shoes to her daughter's first communion. She didn't cause lifelong trauma to Leonor by wearing fashionable shoes. LOL!

Last edited:
Why did Leonor and the others wear their formal school uniform instead of the traditional white dress and veil?

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community

Why did Leonor and the others wear their formal school uniform instead of the traditional white dress and veil?

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community

I am sure somone is able to give you a thorough answer but to summarize it: it was the school's decision...:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom