The Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofía, News Part 1: June 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was nice to read the article. It's interesting that Leonor and Sofia are starting to take skiing lessons, as I read before that they didn't seem to show an interest in the sport. Perhaps that was a rumour created by the press. I hope they will enjoy their trip. I wish I could ski, but I'm too scared to, haha.

I wonder if the girls are also getting private lessons of Catalan and/or Euskera. It wouldn't make those communities feel more monarchist or Spanish anyway but still...

I agree, it would be interesting to know if they are learning any of the other languages of Spain.

leonor and sofia, with letizia, were out and about in madrid celebrating leonor's birthday. they went to the prado museum to see the clara peeters exhibition, and for lunch and shopping.

Leonor pisa las calles por su cumplea?os (pero no las ve) | EL MUNDO

the girls were dressed casually with caps hiding them from the press. letizia wore sunglasses for the same purpose. however, the press did catch them although apparently leonor saw them and told letizia and sofia.

video of the HOLA pictures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpASFXSOibE

lots of coverage on those pictures showing the royals behaving like celebrities, wearing sunglasses and baseball caps, even trying to cover their faces with their shawl.

"Leonor simboliza a Espa?a y la est?n trastornando" - Chic

its really ridiculous, the spanish royals trying to hide, putting up pictures on the website from many years ago, must not be photographed in public when 'private' even trying to cover up almost like Michael Jackson used to do with his kids, behaving like celebrities ... I always get this 'us against them' vibe especially when Letizia is out with the girls (Felipe probably knows better).

I seriously cannot imagine any other royal family/kids like this, who are usually above that, give a friendly smile and that's it, understanding the public role they have. Just imagine such pictures with Estelle or Christian/Isabella or even with the Cambridge kids.

S.M Reina Letizia: LETIZIA JUNTO A SUS HIJAS POR MADRID

Last edited by a moderator:
It's amazing how some enjoy providing this forum always with crazy theories of Spanish gossip press ... The girls have been photographed many times with their parents in the streets, and never wear caps.

Maybe they just wanted to feel regular and where not trying to relish or live in their fame and popularity. I mean we wouldn't know since we don't have to deal with it.

I think people outside of Spain have no idea how cruel and destructive can be spanish press, they don't care if Leonor and Sofía have 11 and 9, it's a one more way to attack Queen Letizia, for them she is the one who wants to hide the girls. I've read some years ago an article from a "royal" serious journalist, I don't remember the name but he said the one who wants to protect Leonor and Sofía is Felipe because he had really hard time when he was Leonor's age and don't want the same for her.

So please god, if you exist, forgive him for wants to protect his daughters from these animals.

It's very cruel if there are journalists in Spain who try to attack Letizia through her beloved daughters. I can no more imagine an adult-especially if one is a parent themselves-doing that than I can imagine a reader deriving satisfaction from it.

But protecting the children is one thing and actually hiding them is quite another. Facts must be faced. Leonor will be queen some day(if the Spanish monarchy survives) and her parents are not doing her any favors by keeping her hidden away.

Do they expect to suddenly unveil the girl when she is 18 and expect her to start performing like a pro...here is your future queen Spaniards...isn't she great? Now LOVE her...accept her with open arms!!"

That is not the way it works. Leonor is Princess of Asturias and must begin to be gradually introduced to the press and public in a way that both protects her and prepares her. It can be done. In Belgium(where the opposition to the monarchy is just as strong as in Spain in some parts) the 15 year old Duchess of Brabant is a great example.

Unless Felipe and Letizia privately believe that their child will not assume the throne anyway, I don't understand their attitude.:sad:

Last edited:
Well, they are introducing her but slowly and carefully, I think Felipe is giving her a few more years leting her to be a child, I don't know maybe two or three years when Leonor has 14 or 15, Felipe made his first speech at 13 so it's not so different, I am sure we will see her at Princess of Asturias Awards very soon even if she doesn't take an active role and watch the ceremony with Queen Sofía, who knows how they are going to do all of this, Felipe is changing a lot of things. Leonor knows very well who is she and the life that is waiting for her in a very next future.

Leonor is not save from the press, when Felipe became King the big polemic was Leonor, as Princess of Asturias, had a salary of more than 100.000€ which is totally false ¡she was 9! (FYI: a high level of spaniards believe absolutely all the crap the press says so you can image the words these people dedicated to Leonor, they not called her beautiful exactly), yeah, she is going to have this salary but when at 18 years old and her full life as heir begin.

If the girls' school has not changed their rules (not that we know), it should certainly be this year. I guess we'll get the date and info within the upcoming months.

Will Sofia wear the white dress and veil, or will she wear the white robe over her formal school uniform, like Leonor did? My cousin and his wife's son is having his sometime in April or May, and he will be 8 on March 7th.

Last edited:
Will Sofia wear the white dress and veil, or will she wear the white robe over her formal school uniform, like Leonor did? My cousin and his wife's son is having his sometime in April or May, and he will be 8 on March 7th.
The ceremony is expected to be like that of Leonor's so, yes, school uniform.

Leonor and Sofia must be back to school this week?

Spanish schools start a week later than most other schools in Europe. Having returned last week from Andalusia, I think a lot of schools in Spain start between September 12th - 13th. I'd presume that Leonor and Sofia are the same.

Here are some extra photos of Queen Letizia from the 1st day of school.

PPE Agency

i see that it was letizia herself driving the girls to school - we haven't seen her behind the wheel in a while! also wearing jeans and sneakers and her hair still wet from her morning shower: i bet many mums will identify with her doing the morning school run!

The king musn't have returned from the wedding in Palma de Mallorca over the weekend.

Wow a huge surprise!!! Leonor looks happy and red suits her like her mother. I wonder why they released a official picture on her 12th birthday. I thought birthday pictures were not their thing, since we have only pictures of Leonor's 1st birthday. I wonder why they choose to take one this time and ignore her 10th birthday?

Lovely photo - great to see that Leonor is getting more presence, she's 12 now. Maybe this is a start to include her in appropriate events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom