Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-01-2016, 02:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Leonor & Sofia in Mallorca, the girls look the same height now

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...I1113-0072.jpg

Old 08-01-2016, 02:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

The girls have grown so much – especially Sofia. They could almost pass for fraternal twins.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think the girls looks alike. Aside from the straight blonde hair, one looks like Letizia, while the other (Sofia) has taken after th Borbon side. But the both look like sweet, poised girls.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
The girls have grown so much – especially Sofia. They could almost pass for fraternal twins.

Yes, if you did not know who they were you'd think they were fraternal twins.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Majesty

nice to see them, and also to see elena's kids. victoria federica is very tall now!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Majesty

I cannot tell Leonor and Sofia apart at all. To me, they look very much alike. In any case, they're very lovely girls and it's great to see them enjoying the summer with their family.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I don't think the girls looks alike. Aside from the straight blonde hair, one looks like Letizia, while the other (Sofia) has taken after th Borbon side. But the both look like sweet, poised girls.
I agree with you, totally different girls. IMO Leonor is Letizia in terms of not being big boned and strong, like Borbon, she has more delicate features, but from the face, especially eyes and mouth she is all Felipe / face shape Sofia sr. (Felipe looks like his mother too). Leonor will have the Borbon type of nose.

Sofia is more Borbon, like Cristina, she'll be the more classical beauty.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree with you, totally different girls. IMO Leonor is Letizia in terms of not being big boned and strong, like Borbon, she has more delicate features, but from the face, especially eyes and mouth she is all Felipe / face shape Sofia sr. (Felipe looks like his mother too). Leonor will have the Borbon type of nose.

Sofia is more Borbon, like Cristina, she'll be the more classical beauty.

I think people get mixed up because of theri hair. But I don't see any resemblance in their traits. Really. Two different sides of the family.

Yes, I see where you are coming from. I think too that Leonor has more a classic beauty, while Sofia has the modern prettyness...
Old 08-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
If this was a comment to my post, fraternal twins aren't necessarily copies of each other (essentially fraternal twins are like any other pair of siblings only born almost at the same time) I personally don't have a difficult time telling Leonor and Sofía apart but what with both of them being blonde and almost the same height, they could definitely pass for fraternal twins – especially, as GracieGiraffe said, for people not in the know.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Leonor looks very cool on this week's Hola cover. Future royal it girl
En ¡HOLA!: La princesa Leonor comienza a tener su propio estilo - Foto 1

Old 09-11-2016, 01:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Some info on school life of Leonor and Sofia. The new year starts tomorrow, Sept 12.

They play football and cello, learn chinese and french and will start ski lessons this year that will result in a school trip in winter to practise.

Fútbol para la vuelta al cole de Leonor y Sofía
https://translate.google.de/translat...934&edit-text=
Old 09-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Gentry

It would be lovely to have a winter photoshoot at some ski resort in the Pyrenees, but I shouldn't get my hopes high.

I wonder if the girls are also getting private lessons of Catalan and/or Euskera. It wouldn't make those communities feel more monarchist or Spanish anyway but still...
Old 09-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was nice to read the article. It's interesting that Leonor and Sofia are starting to take skiing lessons, as I read before that they didn't seem to show an interest in the sport. Perhaps that was a rumour created by the press. I hope they will enjoy their trip. I wish I could ski, but I'm too scared to, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashal View Post
I wonder if the girls are also getting private lessons of Catalan and/or Euskera. It wouldn't make those communities feel more monarchist or Spanish anyway but still...
I agree, it would be interesting to know if they are learning any of the other languages of Spain.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-12-2016, 10:28 AM
Commoner

Lovely young Lady.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Majesty

leonor and sofia, with letizia, were out and about in madrid celebrating leonor's birthday. they went to the prado museum to see the clara peeters exhibition, and for lunch and shopping.

Leonor pisa las calles por su cumplea?os (pero no las ve) | EL MUNDO

the girls were dressed casually with caps hiding them from the press. letizia wore sunglasses for the same purpose. however, the press did catch them although apparently leonor saw them and told letizia and sofia.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

video of the HOLA pictures

lots of coverage on those pictures showing the royals behaving like celebrities, wearing sunglasses and baseball caps, even trying to cover their faces with their shawl.

"Leonor simboliza a Espa?a y la est?n trastornando" - Chic

its really ridiculous, the spanish royals trying to hide, putting up pictures on the website from many years ago, must not be photographed in public when 'private' even trying to cover up almost like Michael Jackson used to do with his kids, behaving like celebrities ... I always get this 'us against them' vibe especially when Letizia is out with the girls (Felipe probably knows better).

I seriously cannot imagine any other royal family/kids like this, who are usually above that, give a friendly smile and that's it, understanding the public role they have. Just imagine such pictures with Estelle or Christian/Isabella or even with the Cambridge kids.

S.M Reina Letizia: LETIZIA JUNTO A SUS HIJAS POR MADRID
Old 11-02-2016, 07:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's amazing how some enjoy providing this forum always with crazy theories of Spanish gossip press ... The girls have been photographed many times with their parents in the streets, and never wear caps.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:21 PM
Gentry

Maybe they just wanted to feel regular and where not trying to relish or live in their fame and popularity. I mean we wouldn't know since we don't have to deal with it.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Commoner

I think people outside of Spain have no idea how cruel and destructive can be spanish press, they don't care if Leonor and Sofía have 11 and 9, it's a one more way to attack Queen Letizia, for them she is the one who wants to hide the girls. I've read some years ago an article from a "royal" serious journalist, I don't remember the name but he said the one who wants to protect Leonor and Sofía is Felipe because he had really hard time when he was Leonor's age and don't want the same for her.

So please god, if you exist, forgive him for wants to protect his daughters from these animals.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Majesty

It's very cruel if there are journalists in Spain who try to attack Letizia through her beloved daughters. I can no more imagine an adult-especially if one is a parent themselves-doing that than I can imagine a reader deriving satisfaction from it.

But protecting the children is one thing and actually hiding them is quite another. Facts must be faced. Leonor will be queen some day(if the Spanish monarchy survives) and her parents are not doing her any favors by keeping her hidden away.

Do they expect to suddenly unveil the girl when she is 18 and expect her to start performing like a pro...here is your future queen Spaniards...isn't she great? Now LOVE her...accept her with open arms!!"

That is not the way it works. Leonor is Princess of Asturias and must begin to be gradually introduced to the press and public in a way that both protects her and prepares her. It can be done. In Belgium(where the opposition to the monarchy is just as strong as in Spain in some parts) the 15 year old Duchess of Brabant is a great example.

Unless Felipe and Letizia privately believe that their child will not assume the throne anyway, I don't understand their attitude.

Tags
infanta leonor, infanta sofia, princess of asturias